Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,760 members, 7,930,608 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 11:00 PM

Crushed Rock, Mpape, Abuja: The New Tourism Hotspot In Nigeria (Video) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Crushed Rock, Mpape, Abuja: The New Tourism Hotspot In Nigeria (Video) (51838 Views)

Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) / Is Asokoro, Abuja The Best Precinct In West Africa? (Pictures) / Welcome To Abuja, The Los Angeles Of Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crushed Rock, Mpape, Abuja: The New Tourism Hotspot In Nigeria (Video) by Catchfirez: 4:22pm On Nov 13, 2020
Have been here a few times. I hope touts no go take over this pace later. It a good place for picnics.

Re: Crushed Rock, Mpape, Abuja: The New Tourism Hotspot In Nigeria (Video) by BigDawsNet: 4:22pm On Nov 13, 2020
Acecards:
Abuja amaka grin

Re: Crushed Rock, Mpape, Abuja: The New Tourism Hotspot In Nigeria (Video) by Shadysen: 4:22pm On Nov 13, 2020
nonsense

1 Like

Re: Crushed Rock, Mpape, Abuja: The New Tourism Hotspot In Nigeria (Video) by Biden404: 4:28pm On Nov 13, 2020
Rubbish!
Nonsense!

Ibeno beach or nothing
Re: Crushed Rock, Mpape, Abuja: The New Tourism Hotspot In Nigeria (Video) by Biden404: 4:28pm On Nov 13, 2020
Shadysen:
nonsense
Wisdom shall never depart from thy house.

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Crushed Rock, Mpape, Abuja: The New Tourism Hotspot In Nigeria (Video) by piagetskinner(m): 4:30pm On Nov 13, 2020
Trust Nigerians them go soon de shit and throw refuse inside that water now
Re: Crushed Rock, Mpape, Abuja: The New Tourism Hotspot In Nigeria (Video) by krownie: 4:32pm On Nov 13, 2020
I sure say fish go dey inside the water..
Re: Crushed Rock, Mpape, Abuja: The New Tourism Hotspot In Nigeria (Video) by Bryan88(m): 4:33pm On Nov 13, 2020
Acecards:
Abuja amaka grin
mpape no fine like that o...na camera make am fine o... grin
Re: Crushed Rock, Mpape, Abuja: The New Tourism Hotspot In Nigeria (Video) by sonnie10: 4:34pm On Nov 13, 2020
Instead of them to hold the company that crushed the rock and damaged the natural water table responsible for environmental damage, they are celebrating it.
Do you know that this action could cause drought in other parts?
If the natural water reservoir is drained, were will the water authority get their supply for household pipe borne water.
Artificial lakes usually are constructed to get their water from a nearby source and channeled to flow back to the source down somewhere.
Re: Crushed Rock, Mpape, Abuja: The New Tourism Hotspot In Nigeria (Video) by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 13, 2020
RomanianNinja:
Una mean am? Like tourism hotspot?? As in the people coming there haven't seen water before or something better than this?? Myopic country

Very on point
Re: Crushed Rock, Mpape, Abuja: The New Tourism Hotspot In Nigeria (Video) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 13, 2020
BigBabyJesus:
That's an artificial lake formation which in future may become dangerous to people living within the surroundings.

How?

Well a similar but natural feature occurs in Cameroun that was formed by a volcanic erruption.

The crater will later become filled with rain water and then form a lake

The problem here is that the lake is only rain fed like this same Abuja artificial lake and does not have a stream or river flowing source.

The problem here is that carbon dioxide could become trapped within the lake as the lake is not having an inlet or outlet .

The gas builds up deep in the lake and when it gets too much or if a boulder falls into it, the trapped gas errupts like a bottle of coke with an explosive force. This is not the danger but the release of the carbon dioxide gas which being heavier than air will displace the oxygen from the surface and could easily suffocate people without them knowing it. They will simply lose conscienceness and die.

Here is a documentary of the lake in Cameroun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzchV_gQG10

Thanks for sharing this information.
Re: Crushed Rock, Mpape, Abuja: The New Tourism Hotspot In Nigeria (Video) by neonly: 5:25pm On Nov 13, 2020
DONFRANSKID:
grin grin grin
Bad guy

1 Like

Re: Crushed Rock, Mpape, Abuja: The New Tourism Hotspot In Nigeria (Video) by Indispensable85(m): 5:27pm On Nov 13, 2020
Mpape the den of criminals.
Re: Crushed Rock, Mpape, Abuja: The New Tourism Hotspot In Nigeria (Video) by Shadysen: 5:35pm On Nov 13, 2020
Biden404:
Wisdom shall never depart from thy house.
God bless you.
Amen!
Re: Crushed Rock, Mpape, Abuja: The New Tourism Hotspot In Nigeria (Video) by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 13, 2020
we've got one also saje, abk, ogun state
Re: Crushed Rock, Mpape, Abuja: The New Tourism Hotspot In Nigeria (Video) by onward4life(m): 7:01pm On Nov 13, 2020
Esseite:
Why do most Abuja residents tell you to avoid Mpape like your return is not guaranteed if you step foot there...
Though for Business sha

But overcrowded

Cult stories,

Clits city

Etc

If Yu lose guard the story no dey good for mouth

But maraba nah d worse
Re: Crushed Rock, Mpape, Abuja: The New Tourism Hotspot In Nigeria (Video) by Yankee101: 8:11pm On Nov 13, 2020
Quarry not crushed rock
Re: Crushed Rock, Mpape, Abuja: The New Tourism Hotspot In Nigeria (Video) by kaniska: 10:04pm On Nov 13, 2020
Pretty! This has been a really wonderful article.
Thank you for providing these details.
follow.com shocked
Re: Crushed Rock, Mpape, Abuja: The New Tourism Hotspot In Nigeria (Video) by Gamesmart: 7:39am On Nov 14, 2020
Experiencenaija:
Ever thought of Vietnam's Ha Long Bay in Nigeria? Crushed Rock, Mpape, Abuja is a newly discovered tourist destination in Nigeria. This is one of the quarries that supplied much of the stones used to transform Abuja from a small village in the 1980s into the country's capital city. This new tourist site contributes to the abundance of travel destinations in Nigeria.
To know more about the site, watch this:

What makes it a tourist destination?
Re: Crushed Rock, Mpape, Abuja: The New Tourism Hotspot In Nigeria (Video) by Thor31: 8:00am On Nov 14, 2020
Re: Crushed Rock, Mpape, Abuja: The New Tourism Hotspot In Nigeria (Video) by Bobage16(m): 9:05am On Nov 14, 2020
noby small tin o,so dis place now fit mk foreigner eye turn small'based on being amazed" ? d place looked nice wen I saw it on my friends iphone wen he visited there,,, too many people sef de rush go dere go snap��‍♂️��‍♂️�
Re: Crushed Rock, Mpape, Abuja: The New Tourism Hotspot In Nigeria (Video) by cardoctor(m): 9:30am On Nov 14, 2020
Tourism is wasted in this country. They Sha should add a waterfall to this site.
Re: Crushed Rock, Mpape, Abuja: The New Tourism Hotspot In Nigeria (Video) by Meteng: 9:36am On Nov 14, 2020
0taPiaPia:
I don't see the beauty there undecided
I no come understand. I think say na only me
Re: Crushed Rock, Mpape, Abuja: The New Tourism Hotspot In Nigeria (Video) by 0taPiaPia(m): 9:38am On Nov 14, 2020
Meteng:
I no come understand. I think say na only me

Well..... beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. grin

1 Like

Re: Crushed Rock, Mpape, Abuja: The New Tourism Hotspot In Nigeria (Video) by SandraJane: 12:40pm On Nov 14, 2020
Yahman1:
undecided

So as a tourist I go come

visit this kind place, not attractive sef

chai our Political class don do us

And Dem go go obodo oyibo see how Dem

develop their tourist centers

Re: Crushed Rock, Mpape, Abuja: The New Tourism Hotspot In Nigeria (Video) by meobizy(f): 12:57pm On Nov 14, 2020
That’s beautiful. I’ll add it to my itinerary.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

African Migrant Caught Hiding In Car's Engine In Attempt To Enter Spain(photo) / Female Corper Burnt To Death In Akwa-Ibom Car Accident - (photos) / How To Get Your International Passport In 5 Steps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.