Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,387 members, 7,950,825 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 11:30 PM

Reality Aftermath End Sars Protest - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Reality Aftermath End Sars Protest (462 Views)

Deborah Samuel: Aftermath Of The Sokoto Student's Lynching (Graphic Photo) / UNIABUJA Staff Quarters Attack: Aftermath Of Gunmen Attack (Pictures) / Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reality Aftermath End Sars Protest by yean1(m): 1:09pm On Nov 13, 2020
REALITY AFTERMATH END SARS PROTEST

This happened to me on Tuesday 10th November, 2020. Before I strike into the event let me give a little description on Lafenwa police division.

Lafenwa police division is situated at Abeokuta North LGA, Abeokuta, Ogun state. This police station is positioned in such a way that it is directly opposite lafenwa bus park and market. Adjacent to the police station is First bank and Wema bank. Officers attached to this division always discharge their duty humanely and responsibly. Infact few months ago, under the umbrella of Congress of Nigeria Youths (CONYO), I was among the executives that bestowed the division certificate of credence and also donated face masks to the division based on their own contributions to protection of life and properties.

EVENT

Procrastinating for many weeks I finally made the decision of traveling back to Kebbi state. Inother to meet the Kebbi bus at Oojo motor park in Ibadan, I woke up very early make the necessary preparation and set out around 6:00am after performing solat. Getting a bike at that early hour at Afowowa (Ewekoro LGA) is not feasible, so I have to trek down to bus stop and this take me about 20mins. About 10mins later I was able to get a cab heading to Abeokuta. After packing my luggage into the car boot, I remember my travelling principle which is a follows

1. Sorting and separating the transport fare and other cash at different locations in my bag

2. Keeping ATM card at logical position in the bag

3. Setting the phone on vibration and placing at logical position in the bag.

4. Observe little prayer before taking off
All this were done before we took off.

Those that were conversant with the cab men plying Lag-Abk expressway would confirm how the men tend to stop and slow down at every available bus stop. Already upset at how the cab man tends to stop at any available bus stop just to carry passenger that will pay him #50. Well, I don’t have any choice I just have to bear with him; he is also struggling to make end means.

On getting to Lafenwa (Last busstop for all cabs and bus coming from Lagos). We (Passengers) all alighted and I drag my luggage down to another cab heading to Asero. After agreeing to #300 as fare, took out #1000 from my bag. I decided to sit down at the front seat being the first passenger. The cab man was at the back of the cab busy shouting ASERO, CAMP, ASERO ASERO, CAMP, OBATANTOKO, FANNAB. Few minutes later I saw everybody at the park running helter-skelter, before I could say jack I noticed about 20-30 men armed with different weapon running after a young and handsome guy. They were able to get him right infront of the cab I was sitting and the first hoodlum that get to him ensure that he made s sharp strike at the young guys back. They started dragging him away from the park but the young-handsome guy was busy shouting “wetin I do, I don’t know any of you. I didn’t offend anybody”. As I noticed this, the first thought that strike my mind was CULT WAR. As they were dragging the young dude one of the hoodlum (with an axe) caught me as I was bending and hiding myself from them. The moment I noticed this, I tried to jam lock all the cab doors but the useless doors fail to lock. THUG 1 (with axe) then call the attention of THUG 2 (with sharp cutlass) and THUG 3 (holding something beneath his cloth that he does not want people to see).

Other thugs were busy slapping, beating and dragging the young-handsome dude to the other side of the road while these 3 thugs were mounting strategic position beside the cab. Thug1 opened the door side which I was sited, Thug3 was behind him but still hiding what he was holding from my sight while Thug 2 stand beside the drivers-side doors, he kept his attention away from me but kept watch on the road.

Thug1 opened the door, he didn’t say anything. He was just busy searching my pocket, my bag and the location were drivers normally keep their money but he couldn’t find anything. Although he could have find my money and phone inside my bag but he was in haste. Thug3 then asked “wetin you see” his response was “Nothing”. As he was about leaving, his attention fell on the tip of #1000 I folded in my hand. He tried collecting the money but I was reluctant in leaving the money.

THUG 1: Raising his axe. Ma Sha E Lori (I will axe your head)

THUG2: Kilo shele (Wetin happen)

ME: Scared but calm. Egbon where I dey go still far, na my last kobo be this. Me sef be hustler, I no get phone and I no get Shishi. If I get I supposed don drop something for una since morning

THUG3: Tapping THUG1, comot for road make I gun him head. Sebi na because of money he wan die. He go spend am for heaven.

As the little struggling and resistance continue, the driver was already close and was starring from the front of the cab.

As an hustler that as toiled the street of lagos very well. I quickly observe the hierarchy and I noticed that THUG2 is the leader.

I quickly change my tone and face Thug2.

ME: Raising my second hand. Ijoba federal, Ijoba gbogbo. Aburoyin leleyi (Na your younger brother be this oo). Walahi Economy no good, shey person like me no go wan pay federal tax. Number 1, gbogbo wa jo wa ni ooo (Number 1, we gather dey ni ooo). Bros blood dey my eyes also oooo, if una allow me shoot small film here, I go wear 4 play 7 like ronaldo ooo.

If I am being asked what’s the meaning of all those gibberish I just said. Walahi, I don’t know. These are just few words I tapped from the street whenever I hear thugs hailing each other. May, almighty Allah continues to protect us.

THUG2: looking scornfully with dreadful stern. Make una free am.

THUG3: Removed his hands from his cloth. That was when I got to know that he was not holding anything. It was just for drama. He then muttered “who dey showcase gun for where exit plan no dey”

As dey were leaving THUG1 urinated inside the gutter beside the cab, he then face me and give this wonderful advice

THUG1: Don’t ever in your life try struggle with armed men again. Chairman know say you no dey game but we get important matter to attend to.

After observing little prayer, the cab man came to ask what they collected from me but I said they didn’t collect anything. Other drivers then came close and one of them said they are WACCO boys. I asked the driver that do they know the guys, his response was affirmative. He said they have been terrorizing since the issue of the end sars.

Opposite where this event occurs is Lafenwa police division. I came down and noticed that the police station gate was closed. The driver told me that nobody will report, infact if report were made there is limitation to what the policemen can do because of the effect and man haunt of policemen which is as a result of end sars protest.

The drivers kept doing their normal business but two of them were able to follow the armed men to their enclosed base which can be seen from the park. When the two drivers came back their report was that they have injured the guy dey drag to their base.

The guy only offence was to withdraw money at first bank (ATM) adjacent the police station. It seems they noticed that the guy used the ATM twice. To them it must be a huge sum of money and the guy was making call with I-phone.

I was among those that call, mobilized and fully participated in the end sars peaceful protest before it was hijacked at some places but I think the aftermath effect is already hitting hard at us. If they can do this freely during the day that they can be seen, imagine the mayhem they will unleash when it is dark.

After the event my thought was on area where police station were attacked and fire arms looted and also at areas where prison inmate where freed.

Nigeria is shifting from gerontocracy to mobocracy.

Adetunji Abdulkabir Adeyinka,
Secretary, Congress of Nigeria Youths (Southwest).

Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Reality Aftermath End Sars Protest by Myzubby(m): 3:44pm On Nov 13, 2020
hmmm This is a serious problem .MAY GOD ALMIGHTY PROTECT US ALL AMEN

1 Like

Re: Reality Aftermath End Sars Protest by yomi007k(m): 6:09pm On Nov 13, 2020
Similar situation is happening in Edo state according to what i read on a thread this afternoon.

2 Likes

Re: Reality Aftermath End Sars Protest by yean1(m): 10:47pm On Nov 13, 2020
Myzubby:
hmmm This is a serious problem .MAY GOD ALMIGHTY PROTECT US ALL AMEN

Amen oo
Re: Reality Aftermath End Sars Protest by yean1(m): 10:48pm On Nov 13, 2020
yomi007k:
Similar situation is happening in Edo state according to what i read on a thread this afternoon.

It's almost every where now.

Daily robbery in ikorodu

Attack on bullion van in Ajah

Over 4 people killed in Edo

1 Like

Re: Reality Aftermath End Sars Protest by Ryan03(f): 5:09pm On Nov 14, 2020
The Lord is their strength
Re: Reality Aftermath End Sars Protest by Neddstark: 8:34pm On Nov 14, 2020
We warned everybody on Nairaland. Them no gree. They said they are fighting for their children's future with endsars. If you said they should stop blocking the road, they will start raining insults on you. Now this is the aftermath of endsars we are all suffering together. Hope you all are happy. Unfortunately, those that incited you Falz, etc are enjoying good security. Sarz is evil we know but armed robbery is an experience never to be prayed for.
Re: Reality Aftermath End Sars Protest by Neddstark: 9:44pm On Nov 14, 2020
@OP, that talk of wear 4 play 7 like Ronaldo, abeg no use am again. If na rival frat hear am, them go reason your matter well. Even the frat wey get the yarn fit mess your style up for impersonation. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Reality Aftermath End Sars Protest by yean1(m): 10:32am On Nov 15, 2020
Neddstark:
@OP, that talk of wear 4 play 7 like Ronaldo, abeg no use am again. If na rival frat hear am, them go reason your matter well. Even the frat wey get the yarn fit mess your style up for impersonation. A word is enough for the wise.

Thanks brother
Re: Reality Aftermath End Sars Protest by yean1(m): 10:34am On Nov 15, 2020
Ryan03:
The Lord is their strength

Amen

(1) (Reply)

I Used N30m To Buy Lion Skull, Others For Sacrifice”, Kwara Herbalist / Boko Haram Kills Commuters, Seizes 11 Vehicles In Borno / Two Feared Dead In Reprisal Attack On Ibadan Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.