Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,243 members, 7,967,548 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 09:27 PM

President Jonathan Missing From Us List Of Most Influential Nigerians - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Missing From Us List Of Most Influential Nigerians (5877 Views)

We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman / Saraki tells 3 Ex-Presidents, Influential Nigerians To Come To His Rescue-Nation / 20 Most Influential Nigerians--vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Missing From Us List Of Most Influential Nigerians by BabaEleko(m): 5:25pm On Mar 17, 2011
Baby Konga is more influential that that animal u people put in aso rock. grin
Re: President Jonathan Missing From Us List Of Most Influential Nigerians by ekubear1: 5:31pm On Mar 17, 2011
Here is the cable itself: http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5683895-146/wikileaks_cable_us_view_of_nigerias.csp

Pretty much a must read!

Here are snippets:

Attorney General Michael Aondoakaa: Tends to be present when the President makes important decisions; one of leading advocates for removing EFCC Chairman Ribadu; not to be trusted; close to ex-Delta State Governor James Ibori; was recently in London helping out Ibori's lawyer, who was recently arrested by the Metropolitan police. Aondoakaa claims that whatever information Met Police has previously from the EFCC was not obtained through proper channels. If you think of Darth Vadar, you think of the AG.

Kano State Governor Ibrahim Shekerau: ANPP Governor; leads most populous state in the north; helped stop PDP from stealing state election in 2003 and 2007; of late, Shekerau has been a disappointment as he has done little for his state; his popularity also has tanked since he fell out with former presidential candidate Buhari.

Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi: His state receives about $1 billion annually from oil receipts; Port Harcourt serves as oil industry's capital; political contacts from his stint as Speaker of the Rivers State House of Assembly; pushing for a harder military line in the Delta by the JTF, and as a result has more access now to the Villa given his support for the JTF.

Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola: He leads the most populous state in the country (despite what the 2006 census claimed); very popular in Lagos and noted for his energy and initiative; only Action Congress governor, and has access to Yar'Adua when he wants it, given the importance of Lagos State.

Anambra State Governor Peter Obi: One of the few governors in southeast with some popular appeal; managed to stay in power despite best efforts of the Uba brothers who first thwarted his legitimate election win in 2003 and then pushed the State Assembly to impeached him in 2006; has support of the Church; links to business community from days as a banker; very close to the most senior traditional elder in the south, the Obi of Onitsha, and made sure the Ambassador met him on a recent trip to Anambra. During Ambassador's visit there, it is clear that Obi has done a lot in his state, particularly on infrastructure development.
Re: President Jonathan Missing From Us List Of Most Influential Nigerians by Biscute(f): 6:11pm On Mar 17, 2011
I dont understand this ranking. Because the good working of any person is transparent. We may not know his value untill after his ERA as President. leave critics alone so that we can carry this our dear country forward.
Re: President Jonathan Missing From Us List Of Most Influential Nigerians by JaaizTech: 8:06pm On Mar 17, 2011
The question we should be asking ourselves is what exactly is America's interest If there is anything WIKILEAKS has revealed it is that the American Government is a Hypocrite, a Chameleon and can never be trusted.
Re: President Jonathan Missing From Us List Of Most Influential Nigerians by bkbabe97y(m): 9:02pm On Mar 17, 2011
JaaizTech:

If there is anything WIKILEAKS has revealed it is that the American Government Goodluck Jonathan is a Hypocrite, a Chameleon and can never be trusted.
Re: President Jonathan Missing From Us List Of Most Influential Nigerians by bisiaet: 9:11pm On Mar 17, 2011
Did you read the article at all?

t is unfortunate the the president's ADC was more important in the grand scheme of things than the VP, even Dimeji Bankole's name was mentioned,

I am beginning to think that GEJ is an ediot both in person and in spirit.

This above statement is highly embarrassing I think is geting to high time to dump this site for good because I realised this site is truely a site to learn raw words or learn how to abuse or learn how to curse or may I called it Nigeria curse and abuse manufacturing site no wonder my younger sister sign off this site because she said she began to use bad word since she joined NL site. This is no funny at all.

I am so dissappointed that even an educated fellow will be so smart in abusing and curses as if we are in vehicle garage or motor park, no courtesy, no prudency and no tongue control everything is sayable it is a big shame and so embarrasing in a world wide web(www) just because one nasty God forsaken wikileak or America say this or that and some just come here and say whatever i seriously wonder!!!!!!!
Re: President Jonathan Missing From Us List Of Most Influential Nigerians by emekaD3(m): 3:52am On Mar 18, 2011
i keep saying it, US GOVT IS FULL OF IDLE PEOPLE.

most "influential Nigerians" see what some one in another country has time to compile,
Re: President Jonathan Missing From Us List Of Most Influential Nigerians by member479760: 11:05am On Mar 18, 2011
Thats is names of those that destroyed this country and we are celebrating them as influential.
Re: President Jonathan Missing From Us List Of Most Influential Nigerians by bisiaet: 6:05pm On Mar 18, 2011
I keep saying it,  US GOVT IS FULL OF IDLE PEOPLE.

most "influential Nigerians" see what some one in another country has time to compile, 

US is Very very and very I D L E and too nose diving  A S S H O L E.
Re: President Jonathan Missing From Us List Of Most Influential Nigerians by Kobojunkie: 6:08pm On Mar 18, 2011
Biscute:

I dont understand this ranking. Because the good working of any person is transparent. We may not know his value untill after his ERA as  President. leave critics alone so that we can carry this our dear country forward.

This is a ranking of [size=14pt]INFLUENTIAL[/size] people in Nigeria, not list of people who hold high offices. There is a difference. It is common knowledge in Nigeria that the most INFLUENTIAL, and hence powerful remain mostly the crooks -- their subs ,and those who answer to them do not make the list,and are not as powerful. Even Yar adua did not made that list during his time.

influential : effective, powerful
Re: President Jonathan Missing From Us List Of Most Influential Nigerians by chrisemy01: 6:38pm On Mar 19, 2011
GEJ wasnt in d list then, he sure is one of d most influential now. Hmmmnnn. Yday and today no b d same sha.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Update From Your Area On The Rainfall In Lagos / Former Kogi Governor, Abubakar Audu Handcuffed By EFCC / Inec’s Role In Labour Party’s Crisis: A Threat To The 2019 Elections,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.