Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,434 members, 7,947,787 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 08:37 AM

Northern Leaders Berate Ciroma, Bakare, Buhari Over Utterances - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Leaders Berate Ciroma, Bakare, Buhari Over Utterances (1298 Views)

Appointment Of Bakare: Buhari Starts Presidency With A Lie! / Dame Patience Jonathan Cautions Envoys' Wives Over Utterances / Bakare: Buhari’s Best Northern Aspirant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Northern Leaders Berate Ciroma, Bakare, Buhari Over Utterances by sunayo(m): 12:16pm On Mar 17, 2011
A GROUP, the Leaders of Thought in the North in Nigeria, has condemned the leader of the Northern Leaders Forum, Mallam Adamu Ciroma and the presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), Gen. Muhammadu Buhari over what it described as their attempts “to throw the North in the flame of ethnic or tribal politics or any action that will create tension and violence in the North.”

In a statement issued yesterday and signed by its Convener/President, Prof Ahmed Muhammed and Secretary General, Dr Adamu Abdullahi, the group said: “We the Leaders of Thought in the North of Nigeria have watched with keen interest the electioneering of all the party candidates vying for the exalted position of the President of our great and very dear country and the action and utterances of some members of the Northern Leaders Forum especially on the issue of zoning.

“While we have identified serious contenders from just mere participants in the electoral contest, we, however, wish to make our position known on the issues of zoning and to also examine the utterances of some of the candidates in their campaigns as they relate to the North.

“We are aware that the campaign team of General Muhammadu Buhari, especially his running mate, Pastor Tunde Bakare, has been trying to play the North against the South by saying that they would ensure that the North becomes the ‘Wild Wild North’ should the election be rigged in the zone. Since we expected the campaign team to disown the statement of Pastor Bakare and none was forthcoming, we have naturally assumed that he was merely echoing the thought of General Buhari who had also been calling for violence.

“We condemn any statement or attempt by any individual to throw the North in the flame of ethnic or tribal politics or any action that will create tension and violence in the North. General Buhari and his running mate are merely speaking for themselves. We have not forgotten that it was General Buhari and his military adventurers that truncated our great country’s march to democracy in December 31, 1983 in a coup d’etat that sacked the government of our illustrious son, His Excellency, Alhaji Shehu Usmanu Shagari.

“We cannot imagine the progress we would have made as a nation democratically had General Buhari and co not brutally brought governance to a standstill. We are still not sure why the North should support General Buhari or Pastor Bakare.

“We as the voice of the Northern elite and intelligentsia do not believe in zoning and have expressed our position to Mallam Adamu Ciroma and his group on every occasion. The North does not believe in zoning. Mallam Ciroma and his group are only working for themselves.

“We wish to commend both Malam Ibrahim Shekarau and Dr Ebele Goodluck Jonathan on their campaigns. Both individuals have demonstrated maturity and decorum. These Nigerians have earned our trust and confidence, that they are not after the disintegration of Nigeria. President Jonathan has convinced us that he can be trusted with power and will protect the collective interest of Nigeria, including those of the North and South.

“We wish to state affirmatively that General Buhari does not represent any progressive interest in the North. He belongs to the cabal represented by Ciroma and co that has brought backwardness to our people.

We have therefore directed the people of Arewa to support President Goodluck Jonathan with the firm belief that Insha Allah in 2015, he will support Mallam Shekarau’s bid to lead our great country.
Re: Northern Leaders Berate Ciroma, Bakare, Buhari Over Utterances by hakanai(m): 12:58pm On Mar 17, 2011
^^^
Same silly elite that has kept us where we are in the north and taking us backwards.The group should be ashamed of itself and shut up.Any silly goon or fool calling himself a northern political elite/group head largely want recognition and possibly his own terms to be considered.As usual share the money keep us in the dark. angry
Enough is enough and all you evil people trying to keep or put on hold the change and development that Nigeria desire should give it a rethink seriously because i tell you this time.You must be worth the vote or else you are going down.It's not by force now and no amount of treat or false pretense over security or splitting the nation can stop people choosing there candidates.If rigged and is proven expect us on the streets.This must stop. shocked
Where were your group when the Northern governors kept the people in this sorry state?
where were you when they brought radical mind set ,that has taken away our spirit of hospitality?
Where were you when the north was turned over time into a national disaster?
So for this group, if you like continue to champion the cause of the oppressors of the masses and keep collecting your share! angry You should know when the chips are down you will account for it.silly expended elite.Oil money crazy and loot loving goons angry
My blood type is BB+ kiss
Buhari has never associated with your buyable kind
Buhari has never inclined to this so called regional bodies or elites
Buhari will not bow to you
Buhari will not offer you anything the populace will not get
Buhari will make you change your ways or hit the road
Buhari is not God but heaven knows his good intentions.The voice of the people speaks!
You can not owe buhari and he will also make sure you never buy or owe us again.What ever you want do,go ahead Northern Gov forum, NPLF,Northern political summit,ARewa what ever and co?(See how dey plenty but can not even do poo all this years.Poverty everywhere,religious violence,illiteracy).Its only politicking they know!!!!! sigh undecided
Buhari belongs to us all.Let me tell you as you call yourself intelligentsia,how did the north and nigeria get here?our current misery after years trusting you fools to pilot the affairs of the north and Nigeria as whole.Just shut up and holst your PDP flag and stop talking shit.We will vote Buhari!!!
I wish they Just disband them.Go get a decent job and make honest living.Look at them old criminals.Still sucking on the nation!!! are you sorry yet or satisfied with the loots and stupidness?
The so called North is now about PDP north and Zoning North.But people forget the "NORTHERN PEOPLE N THE NORTH" and there pains and dreams.We are saying we no go follow again.You can't sell us over you silly bids again

We in the north can see clearly.Even if it means a split as some in naija always want to hold Nigerians to ransom over votes for PDP and GEJ because he is from there region or because of party affiliations or incentives(share the loot).Only if we can get it right this time regardless of who you belong too.For me,It's worth it.I am tired of complaining and this April, God willing it ends.
For me, am committed to this change.I will vote ,ensure it is counted for my candidates and not a crap is done against mine or others mandate( even if not of same view).
If the country did not split after this its condition and treatment by a few criminal minded leaders for more than 10 years,I tell you a vote for change will not!
Vote wisely!!!!! No treat no bullying and no ransome!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Threat Level Rising: How African Terrorists Groups Are Gaining Strenght -TIME / Boko Haram Planning To Disintegrate Nigeria – Igbo Youths / This Why Nija (and Africans) Are Like This!!! - A Must Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.