Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,203,964 members, 7,987,444 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 10:42 AM

#EndSARS: Has Your Area Witnessed A Surge In Crime Rate? It's Tripled In Mine - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / #EndSARS: Has Your Area Witnessed A Surge In Crime Rate? It's Tripled In Mine (755 Views)

One Chance Attack Witnessed Live In Abuja (video) / Just Witnessed A Kidnapping And Bad Road Saved My Guy (photo) / A Mob Action Witnessed In Lagos: 2 Armed Robbers Burnt To Death (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#EndSARS: Has Your Area Witnessed A Surge In Crime Rate? It's Tripled In Mine by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:29pm On Nov 14, 2020
It's at least tripled in my area.

For instance, a week ago, at least two filling stations in my area were robbed by armed robbers. And that's an unusual development in this area as such had not taken place in over a year or even more, but two in the space of a week after #Endsars protests.

Then at least a house got robbed in my area, and a friend of mine was also robbed at gun point after he returned from work, when he was about to enter into gate with his car.

That in a nutshell is the glaring development in my area in the aftermath of the protests, but it appears it's not just peculiar to my area as I've also heard about similar developments in some other areas.

So let us know if the area you reside has witnessed a surge in crime rate after the #Endsars protests or not.

If so, it appears in hindsight that the #Endsars protesters should have not prolonged the protests especially after the government had accepted their conditions, and hence given the hoodlums the chance to exploit and destroy our already fragile security apparatus.

This has also led to the proliferation of weapons in the custody of criminals, making it much more difficult for the police to do their job of curbing crime and securing lives and property of the masses.

I hope it wouldn't take long for normal order to be restored even if it doesn't get better than it was beforehand, because I believe the whole essence of the protests was not to compound matters but make it better for the populace.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: #EndSARS: Has Your Area Witnessed A Surge In Crime Rate? It's Tripled In Mine by XXXXTENTACION: 7:42pm On Nov 14, 2020
Insecurity everywhere. undecided
Re: #EndSARS: Has Your Area Witnessed A Surge In Crime Rate? It's Tripled In Mine by Neddstark: 8:14pm On Nov 14, 2020
@OP, where is your area?

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: Has Your Area Witnessed A Surge In Crime Rate? It's Tripled In Mine by tobechi74: 8:33pm On Nov 14, 2020
Are u in Edo, na released prisoner
Re: #EndSARS: Has Your Area Witnessed A Surge In Crime Rate? It's Tripled In Mine by tellwisdom: 8:38pm On Nov 14, 2020
If you dare that in my area, my house particularly; you will not only be caught but go missing for life.
Re: #EndSARS: Has Your Area Witnessed A Surge In Crime Rate? It's Tripled In Mine by obyrich(m): 6:00am On Nov 15, 2020
jesusjnr2020:

For instance, a week ago, at least two filling stations in my area were robbed by armed robbers. And that's an unusual development in this area as such had not taken place in over a year or even more, but two in the space of a week after #Endsars protests.

Then at least a house got robbed in my area, and a friend of mine was also robbed at gun point after he returned from work, when he was about to enter into gate with his car.

That in a nutshell is the glaring development in my area in the aftermath of the protests, but it appears it's not just peculiar to my area as I've also heard about similar developments in some other areas.

So let us know if the area you reside has witnessed a surge in crime rate after the #Endsars protests or not.

If so, it appears in hindsight that the #Endsars protesters should have not prolonged the protests especially after the government had accepted their conditions, and hence given the hoodlums the chance to exploit and destroy our already fragile security apparatus.

This has also led to the proliferation of weapons in the custody of criminals, making it much more difficult for the police to do their job of curbing crime and securing lives and property of the masses.

I hope it wouldn't take long for normal order to be restored even if it doesn't get better than it was beforehand, because I believe the whole essence of the protests was not to compound matters but make it better for the populace.

God bless Nigeria.
Your area no get name?

3 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: Has Your Area Witnessed A Surge In Crime Rate? It's Tripled In Mine by Thomthom(m): 6:24am On Nov 15, 2020
Mr my area were is your area?

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: Has Your Area Witnessed A Surge In Crime Rate? It's Tripled In Mine by Mide3367: 8:10am On Nov 15, 2020
jesusjnr2020:

God bless Nigeria.
your area no get name ni?

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: Has Your Area Witnessed A Surge In Crime Rate? It's Tripled In Mine by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:16am On Nov 15, 2020
Mide3367:
your area no get name ni?

obyrich:
Your area no get name?

Neddstark:
@OP, where is your area?

Lagos as we speak.
Re: #EndSARS: Has Your Area Witnessed A Surge In Crime Rate? It's Tripled In Mine by dederocs(m): 8:21am On Nov 15, 2020
No sars, no swat grin
Re: #EndSARS: Has Your Area Witnessed A Surge In Crime Rate? It's Tripled In Mine by Reuben700: 7:30pm On Nov 15, 2020
Ah for my area boys the carry gun come market robbed everyone grin

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: Has Your Area Witnessed A Surge In Crime Rate? It's Tripled In Mine by Passionate888: 8:26pm On Nov 15, 2020
Which state?
Re: #EndSARS: Has Your Area Witnessed A Surge In Crime Rate? It's Tripled In Mine by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:21am On Nov 16, 2020
Passionate888:
Which state?

jesusjnr2020:

Lagos as we speak.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor's Wife In Police Custody For Pouring Hot Water On Her Husband's Mistress / Watch Horrible Moments Some Lagos Residents Where Arrested Too Night / Three Men Arrested After Attempting To Use A Girl For Money Ritual In Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.