Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,798 members, 7,915,261 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 07:35 PM

A Nigerian Wins $400,000 After Finishing Second At World Chemistry Competition - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Nigerian Wins $400,000 After Finishing Second At World Chemistry Competition (3363 Views)

Yobe Indigene, Umar Dagona Wins $400,000 In World Chemistry Competition / Umar Dagona Wins $400,000 In World Chemistry Competition / Anthony Ekwensi, A Nigerian Wins Chinese Language Contest (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nigerian Wins $400,000 After Finishing Second At World Chemistry Competition by Ofemmanu1: 5:42pm On Nov 15, 2020
UndauntedYOCA:
What does this mean?
Considering the guy's educational background vis his location. He would have done better in islamic studies instead of my beloved Chemistry! I served in the North @Nysc2011, Education is an eyesore over there.
Re: A Nigerian Wins $400,000 After Finishing Second At World Chemistry Competition by lascos912(m): 5:45pm On Nov 15, 2020
Good job
Re: A Nigerian Wins $400,000 After Finishing Second At World Chemistry Competition by royal231(m): 5:45pm On Nov 15, 2020
Www.imaginechemistry.com doesn't exist
Re: A Nigerian Wins $400,000 After Finishing Second At World Chemistry Competition by royal231(m): 5:49pm On Nov 15, 2020
Na WA ooo see wetin aboki Don dey use us do for Nigeria.. Fake competition.. Fake prizes.. Completely fake..

Probably gee boys handwork.. U go pay 40k to recieve your payment
Re: A Nigerian Wins $400,000 After Finishing Second At World Chemistry Competition by Leoleo1(m): 6:00pm On Nov 15, 2020
SCAM!!!! BELOW ARE THE NAME, COUNTRY AND AGGREGATE!!!! [i][/i]

Evestar200:
Nigeria student from Yobe state, Umar Dagona that represented Nigeria at world chemistry competition took second Position and wins $400,000 after beating other candidates from different countries.

Yobe indigine, Umar Usman Dagona from Gashua town of Bade local government, Yobe state, who participated in ‘Imaginechemistry’ competition alongside candidates from many countries becomed second and won the sum of 400,000 dollars.

Dagona studied NCE chemistry education at Yobe state Umar Suleiman Collage of Education in Gashua town where he obtained his chemistry knowledge from.

https://afrinews247.com/2020/11/15/a-nigerian-wins-400000-after-finishing-second-at-world-chemistry-competition/
Re: A Nigerian Wins $400,000 After Finishing Second At World Chemistry Competition by nengibo: 6:51pm On Nov 15, 2020
Looks fake couldn't find another source of the story

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Wins $400,000 After Finishing Second At World Chemistry Competition by Friend22(m): 11:25pm On Nov 15, 2020
Ofemmanu1:

Considering the guy's educational background vis his location.
He would have done better in islamic studies instead of my beloved Chemistry!
I served in the North @Nysc2011, Education is an eyesore over there.
You served in the north, in one particular location and one particular place means you now know all of the north.
Some of you with your skewed generalisation is something else.
Or you think Northerners know nothing?!
I am from Edo state and I have seen better standard schools here in Kaduna that can match those in the South.
So,stop this shallow generalization.
Re: A Nigerian Wins $400,000 After Finishing Second At World Chemistry Competition by Dharniel600(m): 6:37am On Nov 16, 2020
Friend22:

You served in the north, in one particular location and one particular place means you now know all of the north.
Some of you with your skewed generalisation is something else.
Or you think Northerners know nothing?!
I am from Edo state and I have seen better standard schools here in Kaduna that can match those in the South.
So,stop this shallow generalization.
at the end of the day, the news is fake...
Re: A Nigerian Wins $400,000 After Finishing Second At World Chemistry Competition by lkillbrokehoes: 8:56am On Nov 16, 2020
Ofemmanu1:
Awusa?!
son of a cow?!
It seems Ur lineages are already cursed, let me not add to it
Re: A Nigerian Wins $400,000 After Finishing Second At World Chemistry Competition by Nwaotu10(m): 9:16am On Nov 16, 2020
Good one from Arewa.

Their first time of ever making us proud since this year grin grin
Re: A Nigerian Wins $400,000 After Finishing Second At World Chemistry Competition by Soulsymbol99: 10:43am On Nov 16, 2020
Next tin Emzor or one of this big pharmaceutical companies will employ him 2 produce a virus which they will later release d cure and cash out lipsrsealed
Re: A Nigerian Wins $400,000 After Finishing Second At World Chemistry Competition by Lillycorn: 10:43am On Nov 16, 2020
Looks rather interesting
Re: A Nigerian Wins $400,000 After Finishing Second At World Chemistry Competition by JustTruth: 2:29am On Nov 17, 2020
SCAM ALERT!!!

1. There is no website as www.imaginechemistry.com

2. No competition of that level in the world gives prizes to the tune of the amount (if it were noble prize, then it is possible)

3. There is no internet search that returns anything related to this particular competition

4. Couldn't find "Arden Peter Flank"

5. The phone numbers are fictitious

6. Could't find "Pushing the frontiers of innovations through complex ions and coordination compounds" in searches

Evestar200:
Nigeria student from Yobe state, Umar Dagona that represented Nigeria at world chemistry competition took second Position and wins $400,000 after beating other candidates from different countries.

Yobe indigine, Umar Usman Dagona from Gashua town of Bade local government, Yobe state, who participated in ‘Imaginechemistry’ competition alongside candidates from many countries becomed second and won the sum of 400,000 dollars.

Dagona studied NCE chemistry education at Yobe state Umar Suleiman Collage of Education in Gashua town where he obtained his chemistry knowledge from.

https://afrinews247.com/2020/11/15/a-nigerian-wins-400000-after-finishing-second-at-world-chemistry-competition/
Re: A Nigerian Wins $400,000 After Finishing Second At World Chemistry Competition by Buddy0: 6:57am On Nov 17, 2020
JustTruth:
SCAM ALERT!!!

1. There is no website as www.imaginechemistry.com

2. No competition of that level in the world gives prizes to the tune of the amount (if it were noble prize, then it is possible)

3. There is no internet search that returns anything related to this particular competition

4. Couldn't find "Arden Peter Flank"

5. The phone numbers are fictitious

6. Could't find "Pushing the frontiers of innovations through complex ions and coordination compounds" in searches

Oh it's real. The website you posted is opening.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lasu 2008 Post Ume Forms Out / Federal Poly Ado Ekiti Admission For 2010 / NNPC/ESSO Scholarship Aptitude Test Invitation....(dragnet Solution)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.