Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,100 members, 7,887,184 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:16 AM

How Christian Is This Prayer Pastor Adeboye Just Posted? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Christian Is This Prayer Pastor Adeboye Just Posted? (475 Views)

As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy / Urgent Prayer: Pastor, 16 Church Members Kidnapped In Nigeria / As A Christian, Is Court Wedding In Place Of Church Wedding Acceptable By God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Christian Is This Prayer Pastor Adeboye Just Posted? by 10mobile: 7:23pm On Nov 16, 2020
About 3 hours ago, Pastor Adeboye of Redeemed Christian Church of God posted this story with a prayer that ended it. No matter the fame of any pastor, Prophet, Reverend or whoever, the standard of Jesus Christ remains paramount for Christians. So, I honestly don't think that Jesus Christ would have supported the lesson from the story and the accompanying prayer. However, let me hear from other Christians here.

Years ago, I think it was in 1956, I was living with my uncle who was poor but I was poorer. If he had anything, we shared and when there is nothing, there is nothing. There was this day we were very hungry and there was no way food could come at all. Suddenly, a young girl came and said, “My sister said I should give you this pounded yam, vegetable and chicken.” My uncle said “I don’t know your sister. Are you sure”? The girl insisted so we took the food and my uncle said he would look for a gift to give her some other time and she left.

As soon as she left, we descended on the pounded yam and as soon as we finished it, the girl came back and said the food was not for him. I decree to you today, the miracle you don’t deserve, the Lord will send it to you this week.

1 Like

Re: How Christian Is This Prayer Pastor Adeboye Just Posted? by donphilopus: 7:25pm On Nov 16, 2020
I saw it on Facebook about 5 minutes ago and I just couldn't stop laughing. grin cheesy

The prayer reminded me of a man in my community who ate pounded yam meant for someone else during the other person's relative's grandchild ceremony. grin

When it was time for the celebrant to dance round to greet her people and take whatever presents they had for her, she went to the man's (her relative) house and he sent her back saying she didn't bring the usual pounded yam. That's how they got to know that the pounded yam meant for the man was taken to someone else. The other man settle down eat the pounded yam with him family members. grin cheesy

But why should any reasonable person eat something that's not meant for him/her in the name of unmerited favor? Pa Adeboye, with due respect sir, this your prayer no follow at all.
Re: How Christian Is This Prayer Pastor Adeboye Just Posted? by Righteousness89(m): 7:32pm On Nov 16, 2020
AMEN!!!
Wonderful Prayer!

Why are you annoyed?
Na you kill JESUS?

Life is not by Struggle or Gragra! It's a Gift From GOD!

It's not by Might nor by Power! By my Spirit says the Lord!

Esau and Jacob were still in the womb! When God said Jacob have I Loved ! Esau have I Hated!

The Jebusites, the Perizites,Girgashittes, Hitties, Amorites,Hivites and Jebusites were Nations with people in them befor God gave their lands to the Isrealites..

There is Nothing wrong in that Prayer!

1 Like

Re: How Christian Is This Prayer Pastor Adeboye Just Posted? by emorse(m): 7:51pm On Nov 16, 2020
Lol.
Be careful what you pray for. Make you no go chop person poison.

1 Like

Re: How Christian Is This Prayer Pastor Adeboye Just Posted? by 10mobile: 7:52pm On Nov 16, 2020
donphilopus:
I saw it on Facebook about 5 minutes ago and I just couldn't stop laughing. grin cheesy

The prayer reminded me of a man in my community who ate pounded yam meant for someone else during the other person's relative's grandchild ceremony. grin

When it was time for the celebrant to dance round to greet her people and take whatever presents they had for her, she went to the man's (her relative) house and he sent her back saying she didn't bring the usual pounded yam. That's how they got to know that the pounded yam meant for the man was taken to someone else. The other man settle down eat the pounded yam with him family members. grin cheesy

But why should any reasonable person eat something that's not meant for him/her in the name of unmerited favor? Pa Adeboye, with due respect sir, this your prayer no follow at all.
My problem with the story (and the prayer) is the callous uncharitable attitude it is promoting. There is nothing wrong with asking for unmerited favor. But I believe that, even God would expect you to be sorry even if he lets you have what should have been another's. Jacob did it, after taking Esau's birthright.
Re: How Christian Is This Prayer Pastor Adeboye Just Posted? by doggedfighter(f): 8:18pm On Nov 16, 2020
Unmerited favour has been so ingrained in the psych of most people by our pastors to the extent that so many people don't want to put in work
Re: How Christian Is This Prayer Pastor Adeboye Just Posted? by 2special(m): 8:20pm On Nov 16, 2020
2 Samuel 22 vs 44 says ,..... People which I know not shall serve me.
Re: How Christian Is This Prayer Pastor Adeboye Just Posted? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:28pm On Nov 16, 2020
It's a shame that these days some men have taken the place of Jesus in the life of some who claim to be His followers.

They'd do what such men say even though it goes contrary to the teachings of Jesus and the instructions He gave to us.

They forget that it's Jesus that they'd appear before on the last day not any those men, and it's Him that would determine if they make heaven or not.

What comes particularly to mind was what an angel said to a Pastor that died as the reason he was supposed to go to hell. The man had died without forgiving his wife who offended him prior to that, and when he was tried to argue with the angel being so sure of himself, the angel reminded him of that, and said, remember what Jesus said.

That's what would send many Christians to hell. Their disobedience of what Jesus said because they placed the word of someone else above His.

Fortunately for the Pastor, he was given another chance to make amends but not many have that chance.

A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: How Christian Is This Prayer Pastor Adeboye Just Posted? by YouAreFinished: 8:36pm On Nov 16, 2020
Righteousness89:
AMEN!!!
Wonderful Prayer!

Why are you annoyed?
Na you kill JESUS?

Life is not by Struggle or Gragra! It's a Gift From GOD!

It's not by Might nor by Power! By my Spirit says the Lord!

Esau and Jacob were still in the womb! When God said Jacob have I Loved ! Esau have I Hated!

The Jebusites, the Perizites,Girgashittes, Hitties, Amorites,Hivites and Jebusites were Nations with people in them befor God gave their lands to the Isrealites..

There is Nothing wrong in that Prayer!
Well,all these say a lot about your god
Re: How Christian Is This Prayer Pastor Adeboye Just Posted? by PlayerMeji: 8:41pm On Nov 16, 2020
Let us see the Islamic prayers of your imam.

At least, we know a little about their prayers through the bomb blasts their faithfuls spread around..

10mobile:
About 3 hours ago, Pastor Adeboye of Redeemed Christian Church of God posted this story with a prayer that ended it. No matter the fame of any pastor, Prophet, Reverend or whoever, the standard of Jesus Christ remains paramount for Christians. So, I honestly don't think that Jesus Christ would have supported the lesson from the story and the accompanying prayer. However, let me hear from other Christians here.

1 Like

Re: How Christian Is This Prayer Pastor Adeboye Just Posted? by Superpower(m): 9:15pm On Nov 16, 2020
Does this mean if someone mistakenly sends money to our account there is nothing wrong in spending it?
Re: How Christian Is This Prayer Pastor Adeboye Just Posted? by Kobojunkie: 9:20pm On Nov 16, 2020
10mobile:

My problem with the story (and the prayer) is the callous uncharitable attitude it is promoting. There is nothing wrong with asking for unmerited favor. But I believe that, even God would expect you to be sorry even if he lets you have what should have been another's. Jacob did it, after taking Esau's birthright.
What is inherited favour? Where is this idea illustrated in any of Jesus Christ's teaching? undecided
Re: How Christian Is This Prayer Pastor Adeboye Just Posted? by Kobojunkie: 9:21pm On Nov 16, 2020
Superpower:
Does this mean if someone mistakenly sends money to our account there is nothing wrong in spending it?
According to your GO there, it is not stealing if you spend it because it can be seen as His God giving youu some else's miracle. lipsrsealed

If you mistakenly give you a gift thay belongs to someone else, it is ok to claim it as yours, according to your Daddy GO. God no go vex at all!
Re: How Christian Is This Prayer Pastor Adeboye Just Posted? by Kobojunkie: 9:22pm On Nov 16, 2020
2special:
2 Samuel 22 vs 44 says ,..... People which I know not shall serve me.
Please post the verse in the context so we better understand what the original message is.
Re: How Christian Is This Prayer Pastor Adeboye Just Posted? by Superpower(m): 9:25pm On Nov 16, 2020
Kobojunkie:
According to your GO there, it Is not stealing if youu spend it cause it is God giving some else's miracle. lipsrsealed
He is not my Go.So what I got from his story is that taking what does not belong to you is not stealing it is just unmerited favour. This is a very dangerous message considering the large following he has.

2 Likes

Re: How Christian Is This Prayer Pastor Adeboye Just Posted? by Kobojunkie: 9:26pm On Nov 16, 2020
Superpower:
He is not my Go.So what I got from his story is that taking what does not belong to you is not stealing it is just unmerited favour. This is a very dangerous message considering the large following he has.
there you go! Thos just one of the many lies they tell in the name If God to deceive many millions out there
Re: How Christian Is This Prayer Pastor Adeboye Just Posted? by Superpower(m): 9:28pm On Nov 16, 2020
Kobojunkie:
there you go!
I couldn't care less about them.I just saw this and it got me thinking.
Re: How Christian Is This Prayer Pastor Adeboye Just Posted? by 2special(m): 9:43pm On Nov 16, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Please post the verse in the context so we better understand what the original message is.
Thou also hast delivered me from the strivings of my people, thou hast kept me to be head of the heathen, a people which I knew not shall serve me 1samuel 22 vs 44, Strangers shall submit themselves unto me, as soon as they hear, they shall be obedient unto me 1samuel 22vs 45
Re: How Christian Is This Prayer Pastor Adeboye Just Posted? by 10mobile: 10:06pm On Nov 16, 2020
Superpower:
If you have a means of reaching back to the person but you fail to, it is absolutely wrong and nothing can make it right. Let's stop preaching another Jesus other than the one crucified.
Re: How Christian Is This Prayer Pastor Adeboye Just Posted? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 16, 2020
donphilopus:

In that story, it was obvious Baba and his uncle did not know that the food was not for them. The uncle told the girl I don't know your sister but she insisted " my sister said I should give you" what was their fault in this?

Then, pertaining to that prayer. God said "The riches of the gentiles shall be converted unto you "
What does it mean?

For example. This is a real story of my life.
I am a fountain maker, so I went to a garden owned by a University to introduce my service. When I got there, I saw that a fountain was already being constructed so, I wanted to back off. But something said "go and introduce yourself still" so I did.
The curator said "oh! sorry we already have one being constructed but give us your number. If we have another one to do we will call you. Because the person doing this has collected money and refused to complete it" so I left .

One day I received a call it was a call from a Professor from another University entirely. They needed to do a fountain and three times bigger than the one the other guy didn't finish.
I was told my number was given to him from the other university.

That job was supposed to be done by the other guy but for his evil character. He collected money and ran.
I finished this big work and the former university called me again to come and complete the one the guy started.
The two jobs were not mine and for them to be mine, that guy had to misbehave.

His wealth converted to mine. That is the essence of babas kind of prayer.

2 Likes

Re: How Christian Is This Prayer Pastor Adeboye Just Posted? by 10mobile: 10:27pm On Nov 16, 2020
Kobojunkie:
What is inherited favour? Where is this idea illustrated in any of Jesus Christ's teaching? undecided
Read well, ok?
Re: How Christian Is This Prayer Pastor Adeboye Just Posted? by Kobojunkie: 10:49pm On Nov 16, 2020
10mobile:

Read well, ok?
You no fit answer? undecided
Re: How Christian Is This Prayer Pastor Adeboye Just Posted? by Kobojunkie: 10:52pm On Nov 16, 2020
WILLuKPquiet:

In that story, it was obvious Baba and his uncle did not know that the food was not for them. The uncle told the girl I don't know your sister but she insisted " my sister said I should give you" what was their fault in this?

Then, pertaining to that prayer. God said "The riches of the gentiles shall be converted unto you "
What does it mean?

For example. This is a real story of my life.
I am a fountain maker, so I went to a garden owned by a University to introduce my service. When I got there, I saw that a fountain was already being constructed so, I wanted to back off. But something said "go and introduce yourself still" so I did.
The curator said "oh! sorry we already have one being constructed but give us your number. If we have another one to do we will call you. Because the person doing this has collected money and refused to complete it" so I left .

One day I received a call it was a call from a Professor from another University entirely. They needed to do a fountain and three times bigger than the one the other guy didn't finish.
I was told my number was given to him from the other university.

That job was supposed to be done by the other guy but for his evil character. He collected money and ran.
I finished this big work and the former university called me again to come and complete the one the guy started.
The two jobs were not mine and for them to be mine, that guy had to misbehave.

His wealth converted to mine. That is the essence of babas kind of prayer.
You story no match your claim at all.
The riches in question were only promised to the first company only on delivery of service but since it instead absconded without delivering on the first, it lost its chance at getting the "riches". Your company was able to get the promised " riches" in subsequent projects because it delivered on those though.
Re: How Christian Is This Prayer Pastor Adeboye Just Posted? by Thablownmindset: 11:02pm On Nov 16, 2020
10mobile:

and didn't Jacob do same with the children of Joseph? God's way is Mysterious for any man to predict just that God's standards can't be bent but you see at the same time God can't be predicted ooh, God that gave Solomon ( a bastard) the throne ehn�.
Re: How Christian Is This Prayer Pastor Adeboye Just Posted? by Thablownmindset: 11:08pm On Nov 16, 2020
YouAreFinished:

Well,all these say a lot about your god

Alaye you Capping I see it but don't cap wrongly he ain't talking about Obatala, Sango and co he is talking bout YAHWEH. the one who parted Red sea, the one who Jordan saw and ran back, haven't you heard of the creation story? y'all don't know the "let their be light" he said was what gave birth to the "the big bang theory" y'all keep shouting is responsible for the universe formation? can there be Light without explosion?
Finally he is the one who knows the number of every hair on your head and private parts!!!
c'mmon he ain't a god but a GOD

1 Like

Re: How Christian Is This Prayer Pastor Adeboye Just Posted? by Kobojunkiee: 11:13pm On Nov 16, 2020
2special:
Thou also hast delivered me from the strivings of my people, thou hast kept me to be head of the heathen, a people which I knew not shall serve me 1samuel 22 vs 44, Strangers shall submit themselves unto me, as soon as they hear, they shall be obedient unto me 1samuel 22vs 45
Carefully read some of the other verses in the same context, and you will quickly come to realize that you ignored the original meaning when you lifted the one verse out of its context.

The first verse in the chapter explains that indeed the entire verse is a song that King David sang to the Lord when God saved him from Saul, and all his other enemies, further explaining the references to foreigners serving him, in verse 45. Those foreigners being slaves acquired from his many wars against their enemies, a position that even the people of Israel have seen themselves occupy over their own history as well.

2 Samuel 22 vs 36-46(ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. [a] David sang this song to the Lord when the Lord saved him from Saul and all his other enemies.
36. Lord, you have given me your shield to protect me. It is your help that has made me great.
37. You cleared a path for my feet so that I could walk without stumbling.
38. I chased my enemies and defeated them. I did not stop until they were destroyed.
39. I destroyed my enemies. I struck them down. They did not get up again. They fell under my feet.
40. Lord, you made me strong in battle. You made my enemies fall before me.
41. You made my enemies turn and run away. I destroyed those who hated me.
42. They looked for help, but there was no one to save them. They cried out to the Lord, but he did not answer them.
43. I beat my enemies to pieces like dust on the ground. I smashed them and walked on them like mud in the streets.
44. You saved me from those who fought against me. You made me the ruler over nations. People I never knew now serve me.
45. Foreigners fall helpless before me! As soon as they heard about me, they were ready to obey.
46. They lose all their courage and come out of their hiding places shaking with fear.
47. The Lord lives! I praise my Rock! How great is my God, the Rock who saves me!
48. He is the God who punishes my enemies for me, the one who puts people under my rule.
49. He saves me from my enemies! You help me defeat those who attack me. You save me from cruel people.
50. Lord, that is why I praise you among the nations. That is why I sing songs of praise to your name.
51. You help your king win battle after battle. You show your faithful love to your chosen one,[d] to David and his descendants forever!

Now another thing to recall is that the New Covenant, which those in Jesus Christ are under, requires that we love our enemies and pray for (not against them). grin
Re: How Christian Is This Prayer Pastor Adeboye Just Posted? by Darkerberry: 12:05am On Nov 17, 2020
I really don't understand why some arguments exist on this matter..
According to the story, a girl brought some food and INSISTED it was for them even after trying to turn it down that it must have been sent to another address, secondly, this happened on a day that the GO and his uncle had nothing atall to eat which means they were hopeless and must have been praying for such miracle, so is such a blessing a bad one or can't y'all just see it was all God's plan and since He won't come down from heaven to bring the food.. He simply made a way and I see nothing wrong in it.
And lastly he might not narrate it but they must have felt some type of way after realizing the food wasn't meant for them but there was a reason they have finished eating it before the girl came back for the food.
If you think it's such a bad prayer point then neglect and even reject such blessings in your life and pray only for reward for your hard works but as for me, I pray for such unmerited, underserved, unexpected miraculous blessings and favour in everything I do, all the days of my life.
Amen!!!

(1) (Reply)

Couple Conducts Their Wedding In A Shrine In Delta State (video) / Ascended Masters Who Specialize In The Truth / Photos: WOFBI Graduates Class Of June 2021 With Variety Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.