Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,427 members, 7,881,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 12:05 AM

Michael Jackson And His Transformation From Black To White - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Michael Jackson And His Transformation From Black To White (823 Views)

2face Idibia Hails Adekunle Gold Over His Transformation And Hits Songs / The Transformation Of DJ Cuppy's Ferrari From Black To Pink / Throwback Photo Of Michael Jackson And Trump In 1990 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Michael Jackson And His Transformation From Black To White by Naija24vibes: 8:13pm On Nov 16, 2020
The truth about the pop icon’s changing skin color has always been hidden in plain sight.

As a young boy and even a teenager, I was in love with the Jackson 5. These brothers were talented and handsome in their own unique ways. I loved Michael the best because he and my mother were born in 1958. As the entertainer began morphing into an entirely different look. Many African Americans and possibly those of other races thought he was ashamed of being black. After he died, there were fans who said they had no idea he was African American and assumed he was indeed white.

This speaks volumes regarding what the public was told about the situation. Jackson said he had vitiligo a skin disorder that removes pigment in patches all over the body. I have known individuals with this disease and their skin turns pink in certain spots even if the rest of their body is dark. It’s believed that Jackson used makeup and skin bleaching creams so that he would be the same complexion all over. Vitiligo may indeed have been part of the issue because the photo on the left reveals something very telling.

The skin on Jackson’s chin just below his lips does indeed look lighter than the rest of his face.The issue that many people had with the transformation of the singer is how he altered other aspects of his looks in a manner that was more Caucasian than black. This is why it’s believed he desired to appear as if he were a different race. This is why so many blacks felt the celebrity was abandoning where he came from.The evidence seems to validate this line of thinking.

Vitiligo affects the skin tone and has nothing to do with the hair, lips,or nose. You can see clearly from the two pictures of Michael Jackson that his nose and lips are thinner and his hair (or wig) is straight. Jackson had other alternatives such as using dark makeup so that his normal complexion would be even. The woman in the next image did just that. She did not bleach her skin to complement the skin disorder but used makeup to accentuate the complexion she was born with. I am not judging the singer because many celebrities alter their appearances. What Michael Jackson did, however, gave the impression that he was denying his race and this struck a nerve with many people of color. This seeming dissatisfaction from his roots is what stood out in the minds of many African Americans.

Read More...

https://www.naija24vibes.com/2020/11/16/michael-jackson-and-his-transformation-from-black-to-white/

Re: Michael Jackson And His Transformation From Black To White by superbwigs(m): 9:54am On Nov 17, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Genevieve Nnaji Hails DJ Switch, Calls Her ”brave Queen” / I Am So Proud Of Myself – Linda Ikeji / Kiddwaya Disgrace Erica At Her Birthday Party In Public(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.