Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,155 members, 7,890,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:46 AM

Let There Be A Law To Hang Ex-coupists In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let There Be A Law To Hang Ex-coupists In Nigeria (365 Views)

Niger Coupists: Nigeria Would Have Been Affected If We Didn’t Take Over / NGR, ECOWAS, AU Must Resist Coupists In Africa. / Senate Proposes Law To Tax Nigerians For Using Data And DSTV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let There Be A Law To Hang Ex-coupists In Nigeria by 10mobile: 5:51pm On Nov 18, 2020
It is a crime of no mean degree for any individual to overthrow the constitution/democratically elected government of any country. But, in Nigeria, we worship those who did that instead.

Ex-coupists like Buhari and IBB should be hanged (or, at least, be in jail) instead of attending council of state meetings. Even worse, the masses validate them: See how Buhari has cult following. Today, I saw an article by a foremost newspaper calling IBB 'military president'. Our mumu in Nigeria no be here.

2 Likes

Re: Let There Be A Law To Hang Ex-coupists In Nigeria by Dgreatman2021: 5:56pm On Nov 18, 2020
Hang bubu

1 Like

Re: Let There Be A Law To Hang Ex-coupists In Nigeria by DMerciful(m): 6:36pm On Nov 18, 2020
I have also wondered why we put coupists on pension and celebrate them as former country leaders when they stole our mandate using guns! In developed countries, you pay for crimes no matter how long but in Nigeria, we celebrate criminals. However, the only person who overthrew a democratically elected president is Bubu so he is the only coupist(well IBB supported him so he is culpable in that regard) but IBB overthrowing Bubu is not treason because Bubu's military govt was an illegitimate govt

3 Likes

Re: Let There Be A Law To Hang Ex-coupists In Nigeria by 10mobile: 6:51pm On Nov 18, 2020
DMerciful:
I have also wondered why be put coupists on pension and celebrate them as former country leaders when they stole our mandate using guns! In developed countries, you pay for crimes no matter how long but in Nigeria, we celebrate criminals. However, the only person who overthrew a democratically elected president is Bubu so he is the only coupist(well IBB supported him so he is culpable in that regard) but IBB overthrowing Bubu is not treason because Bubu's military govt was an illegitimate govt
Don't you see how everyone is avoiding this thread? But the same people who will not promote this viewpoint will be all over the place whining like babies about bad leaders.

I used a former Nairaland account I had in 2014 to raise the same issue to see if people would support it and probably use it to stop Buhari from emerging in 2015. They ignored it the way they just did. Now, they are crying. Sorry to say, but Nigerians deserve Buhari and his like.

Yes, I agree with you that IBB is not half as guilty as Buhari when it comes to this issue.

2 Likes

Re: Let There Be A Law To Hang Ex-coupists In Nigeria by DMerciful(m): 6:58pm On Nov 18, 2020
Hopefully a sane president will come along and criminalize all the coupists we've had and remove their names as head of state. All benefits so far accrued to them will be repealed even in death. It is the morbid fear of a coup that's why Bubu refuses to change the incompetent service chiefs. He is afraid of karma!
10mobile:

Don't you see how everyone is avoiding this thread? But the same people who will not promote this viewpoint will be all over the place whining like babies about bad leaders.

I used a former Nairaland account I had in 2014 to raise the same issue to see if people would support it and probably use it to stop Buhari from emerging in 2015. They ignored it the way they just did. Now, they are crying. Sorry to say, but Nigerians deserve Buhari and his like.

Yes, I agree with you that IBB is not half as guilty as Buhari when it comes to this issue.
Re: Let There Be A Law To Hang Ex-coupists In Nigeria by helinues: 7:04pm On Nov 18, 2020
Probably, your weed suppliers are on vacation
Re: Let There Be A Law To Hang Ex-coupists In Nigeria by 10mobile: 7:13pm On Nov 18, 2020
DMerciful:
Hopefully a sane president will come along and criminalize all the coupists we've had and remove their names as head of state. All benefits so far accrued to them will be repealed even in death. It is the morbid fear of a coup that's why Bubu refuses to change the incompetent service chiefs. He is afraid of karma!
It's not the job of the President or even the Parliament. We're the ones who should push for it.
Re: Let There Be A Law To Hang Ex-coupists In Nigeria by DMerciful(m): 7:42pm On Nov 18, 2020
Democracy means numbers. People supporting these coupists are way more. I really dont know how it will be done
10mobile:

It's not the job of the President or even the Parliament. We're the ones who should push for it.
Re: Let There Be A Law To Hang Ex-coupists In Nigeria by Rugaria: 7:49pm On Nov 18, 2020
We should also make a law to purnish those who have turned the election of ex coupists as presidents into a cultural habit! If you know the dangers involved in making coups in this country when the likes of Buhari and Babangida organized their coups, you will know that there's no way anybody who overlooked all those risks and liife threatening consequences to attempt hijacking power will respect any sort of democratic tenets when he eventually finds himself in power wether as a military ruler or a democratic president.

2 Likes

Re: Let There Be A Law To Hang Ex-coupists In Nigeria by RenaissanceGuy: 7:56pm On Nov 18, 2020
Not all coups are bad. JJ Rawlings' two coups were what made Ghana what it's today. Maybe millions of Ghanaians would have been in Nigeria till date being shoe repairers and water carriers.
Re: Let There Be A Law To Hang Ex-coupists In Nigeria by YouAreFinished: 8:23pm On Nov 18, 2020
Most of the coups overthrow dictators and not a democracy.
Re: Let There Be A Law To Hang Ex-coupists In Nigeria by hakeem4(m): 8:37pm On Nov 18, 2020
RenaissanceGuy:
Not all coups are bad. JJ Rawlings' two coups were what made Ghana what it's today. Maybe millions of Ghanaians would have been in Nigeria till date being shoe repairers and water carriers.
i have a Ghanaian friend he’s Ashanti and he said majority of Ghanaians don’t like Rawlings cause he was from a minority tribe (ewe) and most of the people he killed were of the majority akans tribe.

A lot of bloodshed during his regime
Re: Let There Be A Law To Hang Ex-coupists In Nigeria by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:38pm On Nov 18, 2020
helinues:
Probably, your weed suppliers are on vacation

Where is the sense in what you wrote?
Is that not a very good idea to discourage further coup?
How can we be celebrating people who toppled democratically elected governments and say we are serious about democracy?
Where's the sense in that?
OP I agree with you jare
Hang Bubu!! angry angry
Re: Let There Be A Law To Hang Ex-coupists In Nigeria by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:40pm On Nov 18, 2020
RenaissanceGuy:

Buhari's coup was bad!! Shagari had good ideas for Nigeria. He might not be the strongest of leaders but he had good plans. Then Bubu happened sad sad
Re: Let There Be A Law To Hang Ex-coupists In Nigeria by helinues: 8:41pm On Nov 18, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

Where is the sense in what you wrote?
Is that not a very good idea to discourage further coup?
How can we be celebrating people who toppled democratically elected governments and say we are serious about democracy?
Where's the sense in that?
OP I agree with you jare
Hang Bubu!! angry angry

Sorry, who is this?

Do I know you?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Let There Be A Law To Hang Ex-coupists In Nigeria by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:43pm On Nov 18, 2020
Besides, that's why I believe the so-called constitution is a fraud.
I remember the former nass passing a bill that any VP who succeeds his boss as president while in office can run for only an extra term since it is believed he was part of the presidency.
Buhari hurriedly signed that bill into law which effectively shot any hope of Jonathan ever running again dead.
Meanwhile the same constitution did not recognize that coup leaders should not be allowed to run for any political office or at the very least run for one term only. They form coups to topple govts and still run for two terms.
Only in Nigeria!!

1 Like

Re: Let There Be A Law To Hang Ex-coupists In Nigeria by RenaissanceGuy: 9:34pm On Nov 18, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

Buhari's coup was bad!! Shagari had good ideas for Nigeria. He might not be the strongest of leaders but he had good plans. Then Bubu happened sad sad
Is this thread about Buhari?
Re: Let There Be A Law To Hang Ex-coupists In Nigeria by RenaissanceGuy: 9:35pm On Nov 18, 2020
hakeem4:
i have a Ghanaian friend he’s Ashanti and he said majority of Ghanaians don’t like Rawlings cause he was from a minority tribe (ewe) and most of the people he killed were of the majority akans tribe.
A lot of bloodshed during his regime
Everybody mustn't like you and everybody can't like you at the same time no matter good you do.
Re: Let There Be A Law To Hang Ex-coupists In Nigeria by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:42pm On Nov 18, 2020
RenaissanceGuy:
The thread is about coup plotters. Buhari is one. Go figure

1 Like

Re: Let There Be A Law To Hang Ex-coupists In Nigeria by 10mobile: 4:57am On Nov 19, 2020
RenaissanceGuy:
Yes, this thread is about Buhari and others. See how: There are two classes of coup plotters. 1. Those who overthrew a democratically elected government. 2. Those who overthrew another military junta. Those in group 1 are much much more guilty of a crime against the state than those in group 2 because they overthrew the will of the people. In fact, those in group 2 are almost guiltless when compared with those in group 1.

Now, Buhari is in group 1 and he is the only coup leader in group 1 still (supposedly) alive. So, yes, it is about Buhari, mainly, and others. Do you have any issue with this?
Cc: Agbegbaorogboye

1 Like

Re: Let There Be A Law To Hang Ex-coupists In Nigeria by DMerciful(m): 5:17am On Nov 19, 2020
So you're still defending the coupist cum terrorist? Rubbish!
RenaissanceGuy:
Re: Let There Be A Law To Hang Ex-coupists In Nigeria by orisa37: 6:29am On Nov 19, 2020
No. But Ex Coupists should be Constitutionally stopped from The House of Representatives, Senate, The Presidency and The Judiciary.
Re: Let There Be A Law To Hang Ex-coupists In Nigeria by orisa37: 6:37am On Nov 19, 2020
No. But Ex Coupists should be Constitutionally stopped from The House of Representatives, Senate, The Presidency and The Judiciary.

But then, how do we cope with the likes of OBASANJO AND ABDULSALAMI ABUBAKAR WHO HAVE BEEN SHINING EXAMPLES OF GOOD GOVERNORS AND MANAGERS TILL DATE.
Re: Let There Be A Law To Hang Ex-coupists In Nigeria by nazicartel(m): 7:16am On Nov 19, 2020
Wanted to say something but I seriously don't have strength to type... Anyway This is a very nice suggestion but it can't happen... This country is too divided along ethnic lines. If I was also in military then, I would have planned for coup. Even now I might plan going there and my mind will also be to plan a coup. If I die I die, the type of people ruling us is something else
Re: Let There Be A Law To Hang Ex-coupists In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 19, 2020
DMerciful:
I fully agree with you.

(1) (Reply)

NIL / APC Governors Swoop On Jonathan Ahead Of 2023 Elections / JUST IN: Labour Leaders Walk Out Of Meeting With FG Over Fuel Price Hike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.