Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,471 members, 7,964,907 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 01:09 AM

Top 15 Powerful Quotes Of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan As He Clock 63 Years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top 15 Powerful Quotes Of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan As He Clock 63 Years (236 Views)

Peter Obi In Bayelsa For The Burial Of Goodluck Jonathan's Elder Sister / Receipt Of Goodluck Jonathan’s N100M APC Presidential Form - Photos / I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 15 Powerful Quotes Of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan As He Clock 63 Years by robosky02(m): 10:48am On Nov 20, 2020
Top 15 Powerful quotes of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan as he clock 63 Years

Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, is a former president of Nigeria. Born on November 20, 1957 in Otuoke, Ogbia Local Government of Bayelsa State, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan’s father Lawrence Ebele Jonathan was a canoe- maker and his mother, Eunice Ayi Ebele Jonathan, a retired farmer.

He became the acting President of Nigeria on February 9, 2010 following a resolution by the Nigerian Senate and was sworn in as the substantive President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on 6 May 2010 following President Umaru Yar’Adua’s death on 5 May,2010.

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan lost his re-election bid to Nigeria’s current President, Muhammadu Buhari On March 31, 2015.

Here are top 15 Power quotes of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan
1. In the comfort of our offices, let us not forget that majority of our people live below the poverty line.

2. Terrorism has no conscience and spares no one.

3. Democracy is a journey that every nation mindful of advancing the liberty of its citizens must undertake.

4. In presenting myself for service, I make no pretense that I have a magic wand that will solve all of Nigeria’s problems or that I am the most intelligent Nigerian.

5. Our founding fathers did not dream of a country where neighbours and friends would exchange bullets in place of handshakes.

6. In my early days in school, I had no shoes, no school bags. I carried my books in my hands but never despaired; no car to take me to school, but I never despaired. There were days I had only one meal but I never despaired. I walked miles and crossed rivers to school every day, but I never despaired. Didn’t have power, didn’t have generators, studied with lanterns, but I never despaired. In spite of these, I finished secondary school attended the University of Port Harcourt and now hold a doctorate degree

7. We are not sworn enemies, We are neighbours who sometimes offend each other, but we can always sit down to talk over our differences.

8. We must quickly move away from partisan battlegrounds and find the national common ground.

9. Nigeria is a nation of resilient people. We will never yield to the forces of darkness. Nigeria will never ever, disintegrate.

10. The best advertisement for good governance is its positive expressions of happiness in the lives of the governed.

11. African renaissance remains an unfinished business, but the work that remains should not stop us from focusing on new priorities and challenges.

12. I was not born rich and in my youth, I never imagined that I would be where I am today, but not once did I ever give up.

13.I am happy that the black man has put the shame of dispossession behind him and is moving on.

14. Africa must declare an end to the era of self-inflicted wars and conflicts.

15. We must develop a democratic culture in which the will of the people will be treated as sacred and be immune to subversion by anti-democratic elements.

Lalasticlala mynd44
https://www.motivation.africa/top-15-power-quotes-of-goodluck-ebele-jonathan.html

1 Like

Re: Top 15 Powerful Quotes Of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan As He Clock 63 Years by robosky02(m): 10:52am On Nov 20, 2020
Goodluck Jonathan Quotes and Sayings -

“One thing that I know and I feel Nigerians will celebrate is continuity and peace.”
-- Goodluck Jonathan

“One thing that I know and I feel Nigerians will celebrate is continuity and peace.”
-- Goodluck Jonathan

#Celebrate #Feels #Continuity

“We want to lead a country where people will be less greedy. Where people will know that the commonwealth of Nigeria belongs to all Nigerians, where people's wealth depends on the people around you. If you become a rich person and everyone around you is poor you are very poor.”
-- Goodluck Jonathan

#Country #People #Want

“Majority of the African countries are now enjoying stable governance. Before you talk about economic growth, political stability is key.”
-- Goodluck Jonathan

#Country #Keys #Political

“There is no corruption but mere stealing in Nigeria”
-- Goodluck Jonathan

#Corruption #Stealing #Nigeria

“My political ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian”
-- Goodluck Jonathan

#Ambition #Blood #Political

“Over 70% of what are called corruption (cases), even by EFCC (Economic and Financial Crimes Commission) and other anti-corruption agencies, is not corruption, but common stealing,”
-- Goodluck Jonathan

#Agency #Common #Financial

“Elections in Nigeria Under My Watch Have Been Credible and Transparent”
-- Goodluck Jonathan

#Watches #Election #Nigeria

“It took us 6 years to get the right weapons to fight BokoHaram...”
-- Goodluck Jonathan

#Fighting #Years #Weapons

“Nigeria will start exporting cars soon”
-- Goodluck Jonathan

#Car #Exporting #Nigeria

“When you talk about the oil wealth you compare nations. There are some nations with less than five million people. Nigeria has 150 million people. I cannot say that all the money earned from oil since 1958, when the first drop of oil was exported from this country to date, that the money has been effectively used.”
-- Goodluck Jonathan

#Country #Oil #People

“The argument about zoning and the presidency of Nigeria is like the philosophical argument of the egg or the hen. Who is older through the evolutionary process, who came first?”
-- Goodluck Jonathan
Re: Top 15 Powerful Quotes Of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan As He Clock 63 Years by Nobody: 11:10am On Nov 20, 2020
Worst President Ever
Re: Top 15 Powerful Quotes Of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan As He Clock 63 Years by robosky02(m): 1:32pm On Nov 20, 2020
Juliusmalema:
Worst President Ever

And the one you have now is the best abi
Re: Top 15 Powerful Quotes Of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan As He Clock 63 Years by Philipxxxx0: 2:06pm On Nov 20, 2020
Useless former president

(1) (Reply)

Ozigbo, Wike Bag People Of The Year Awards At Prestigious Business Hallmark Annu / ....... / Mudi As A Serial Betrayer And A Greedy Politician

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.