Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,814 members, 7,965,989 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 06:46 AM

Buhari: This Is Not The Change We Voted For In 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: This Is Not The Change We Voted For In 2015 (150 Views)

₦‎620 Per Litre: This Isn’t What We Voted For, Tinubu’s Supporter Laments / Electoral Act: NASS Plans To Override President Buhari This Week - Sen Olujimi / Mbaka Blasts Buhari: This Is Just Kindergarten, Administration Is Demonocracy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buhari: This Is Not The Change We Voted For In 2015 by sleeksavbvy: 1:03pm On Nov 20, 2020

Back in 2015, I fought friends who supported the return of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan because I strongly believed in President Muhammadu Buhari because of his anti-corruption stance. I, like many Nigerians, attributed this messianic figure to this ‘reformed democrat.’

After the initial 4-years of complete and monumental failure to deliver his campaign promises, I foolishly supported his second term bid because I felt he was a better alternative to Atiku Abubakar.

I unreasonably thought he would redeem himself. But alas, I was only giving him another opportunity to display his sheer ruthlessness/incompetence, to advance Nigeria’s economic woes, and to push his northern agenda.

Ultimately, to display his total lack of empathy and loss of value or respect for Nigerian life. Unapologetically, he is a snake in the grass. A dangerous tiger that disguises as a sheep. A taciturn man whose facade says everything about his personality-wicked, heartless and unsympathetic.

Events in Nigeria in the past few months has shown that the country is in shambles under this regime led by Muhammadu Buhari. Like Small Doctor said in his hit song penalty- we have played penalty to throwing.

The alarming and worrisome part is that neither he or his sycophants (Lai Muhammed, Garba Shehu, Femi Adesina, Adamu Garba, Godwin Emeifiele et al) recognise this fact.

We won’t forget the merciless, pitiless, cruel, hard-hearted, and criminal end to the #EndSARS protests (We shall never forget Nigerians who were murdered/massacre at Lekki Tollgate and every other person who died to rescue this country from its precipice) and the ridiculous policies and announcements emerging from this clueless government.

For example, Nigeria is going cap-in-hand to obtain a $1.2 billion (N459 billion) loan from Brazil.

As of June 30, 2020, Nigeria’s total debt profile rose to N31. 009 trillion ($85.897 billion) according to the Debt Management Office (DMO. Both FG and state governments have borrowed the future of this country from China, the World Bank, and the IMF.

Even recently, reports went viral that Nigeria has signed an MOU with Niger republic for petroleum products importation. It is to this same Niger that the FG wants to construct a $1.96 billion railway. The government says it will stop at Niger’s border. We know better.

What about inflation? The Nigerian inflation rate rose to 13.71% (year-on-year) in September 2020 indicating 0.49% point higher than 13.22% recorded in August 2020. This was contained in the Consumer Price Index (CPI) report, released by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS).

According to the report, Nigeria has endured a persistent increase in inflationary rate, growing from 12.13% in January to 13.71% in September, which is highest recorded in 30 months. Hence, no surprise that onion is not within the reach of the common man.

How much is a naira to a dollar? Buhari has lost the economy. Students have been home for months.

There is no hope for Nigeria with President Buhari in power. Regardless, we have to wait till 2023 to punish (our votes-get your PVC) APC and PDP for failing Nigerians.

In the meantime, we have to send a strong signal to the APC in Lagos on December 5 by not voting for their candidate in the Senatorial election.

Also, let the soro soke generation not keep quiet. Let’s continue calling the government out on social media. Let’s not stop tagging international media and the international community to the dictatorial tendencies of Buhari. If we stop, Buhari’s ruthlessness will know no bounds!

https://explorenewsng.com/2020/11/20/buhari-this-is-not-the-change-we-voted-for-in-2015/
Re: Buhari: This Is Not The Change We Voted For In 2015 by BlackfireX: 1:06pm On Nov 20, 2020
Look at this pained PDP goons , no more free money again, you are still crying over lost election.. Cry cry baby,.ipob have destroyed your thinking...

Buhari 2023
North 2023.
No vacancy in aso rock
Re: Buhari: This Is Not The Change We Voted For In 2015 by TossTos: 1:37pm On Nov 20, 2020
I Like the fact that you said you voted for change . Change is the constant thing We are changing gradually . We are reaping what you and others sowed . No complain o .

(1) (Reply)

Recession: Cut Cost Of Governance, SERAP Urges Buhari / Comr A.O. Kazeem, Ilorin West LG Chairmanship Aspirant Visit To Itamadu Oke. / Oyo State Governor, Engineer Seyi Makinde Presents 2021 Budget Before The Oyo St

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.