Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,357 members, 7,881,310 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:24 PM

Could Martins Be Better Than Henry At Arsenal? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Could Martins Be Better Than Henry At Arsenal? (816 Views)

Amara & Kanu Nwankwo With Thierry Henry (Photo) / Welbeck Keen To Emulate 'idol' Henry At Arsenal / Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could Martins Be Better Than Henry At Arsenal? by sunny4all(m): 11:41am On Jun 28, 2007
Could Martins be better than Henry at Arsenal? speculations in and around Oba heading towards Emirates if this come true, will martins be better than henry at arsenal ?
Re: Could Martins Be Better Than Henry At Arsenal? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 28, 2007
Hey poster!

Forget the fact that am a chelsea fan. the truth remains that arsenal will never get a striker as good as henry
Re: Could Martins Be Better Than Henry At Arsenal? by chuckdee4(m): 3:49pm On Jun 28, 2007
I might have to agree wit hMr Chelsea supporter here, Henry is one of those rare players that come once in a very long while.
Martins would be a welcomed addition, doubt he'll ever be as good as Henry but would be good to see him at the Emirates.

It worrying though, we need a non African striker cos come the ACNwe will be short up front without Adebayor and possibly Martins
Re: Could Martins Be Better Than Henry At Arsenal? by RuuDie(m): 4:31pm On Jun 28, 2007
Arsenal could do with a striker but even better with some very influential midfielders in that squad, they need that midfield of theirs to start getting in amongst the goals like back in the Viera, Pires, Ljunberg days!
Re: Could Martins Be Better Than Henry At Arsenal? by topeorekoy(m): 4:54pm On Jun 28, 2007
RuuDie:

Arsenal could do with a striker but even better with some very influential midfielders in that squad, they need that midfield of theirs to start getting in amongst the goals like back in the Viera, Pires, Ljunberg days!

AGREE TOTALLY with u on this. a good midfield can create chances for a not too good striker
Re: Could Martins Be Better Than Henry At Arsenal? by chuckdee4(m): 4:55pm On Jun 28, 2007
RuuDie:

So true but Arsenal still need a not so wasteful striker, even though i believe Adebayor will improve
Re: Could Martins Be Better Than Henry At Arsenal? by RuuDie(m): 5:56pm On Jun 28, 2007
don't really dig the idea of Arsenal going for Martins --- he's just not the kinda' striker that fits their style.
Re: Could Martins Be Better Than Henry At Arsenal? by topeorekoy(m): 6:14pm On Jun 28, 2007
i think martins will succeed in arsenal. we need a striker that can take shots rather than play around the box. this has cost us so many matches. at least we know all our players r good at tha ball on the ground and they'll feed martins o do the fianl job
Re: Could Martins Be Better Than Henry At Arsenal? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jun 28, 2007
topeorekoy:

i think martins will succeed in arsenal. we need a striker that can take shots rather than play around the box. this has cost us so many matches. at least we know all our players r good at tha ball on the ground and they'll feed martins o do the fianl job

TIP-TAP has always being arsenal's game from the days of noah.
If Martins should join the squad, he will be formatted and he will play like a true gunners
Thank God he has speed, this will enable him to play around the box without any disturbance grin
Re: Could Martins Be Better Than Henry At Arsenal? by danniecool(m): 6:59pm On Jun 28, 2007
Martins can never be better than Henry, though he might play well, that is if anything is to go by the current speculations of his moving to Emirate.

(1) (Reply)

Zambia's Coach: We Will Cage Eagles Wings. / Here Is A Message For The Fans From Prof Arsene Wenger / I Wish I'm A Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.