Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,515 members, 7,888,648 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 12:04 PM

Opinion: 7 Most Peaceful Cities To Visit In Nigeria - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Opinion: 7 Most Peaceful Cities To Visit In Nigeria (878 Views)

Lagos Ranks Amongst Worst Cities To Live In For Nine Straight Years / Some Ghanaian Cities And Big Towns. / Amnesty International Declares IPOB Most Peaceful Organisation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: 7 Most Peaceful Cities To Visit In Nigeria by Diffpussies(m): 7:50pm On Nov 20, 2020
Despite the peace that makes Nigeria a safe Country, there are other cities herein that are not that peaceful. It is on this note I want to bring to you seven safest or most peaceful cities/towns in Nigeria that you can easily visit without fears of terrorism.

7)

Ado which is the capital of Ekiti State is one of the safest Cities in Nigeria. The city which is dominated by the Yorubas have other tribes therein because of the nature of peace in that Area.

In Ado Ekiti, you hardly hear stories of Gun men terrorising the inhabitants, you hardly hear of kidnap cases and other crimes. Ado Ekiti also has a lower standard of living compared to other State Capitals or cities. Their food and house rent are not that Expensive

Re: Opinion: 7 Most Peaceful Cities To Visit In Nigeria by Diffpussies(m): 7:52pm On Nov 20, 2020
6)

Enugu is a city dominated by the Igbo people. The Igbo people are people who are deeply involved in Business hence, have little or no time for trouble making. In Enugu, everyone Igbo people you see are minding their businesses which makes the place a cool place to visit or stay.

To show how beautiful Enugu is, there are interesting places you can visit when you get there. Places like; Milken Hills, The Polo Park Mall, Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium and others are there for you to visit and catch fun.

Generally, the people of Enugu are very friendly and hospitable which makes the city a place to visit

Re: Opinion: 7 Most Peaceful Cities To Visit In Nigeria by Diffpussies(m): 7:54pm On Nov 20, 2020
5). IBADAN ( OYO )

The accient city of Ibadan is one of the safest Cities in Nigeria. As a matter of fact, their people are so loving and caring. They don't treat visitors like strangers but the same way they see their people.

Ibadan which is a Yoruba speaking area is known for her lower crime rate compared to other Cities. This is because the people have no tolerance for Crimes.

Forgetting the fact that people call Ibadan a city with brown Roofs, there are very many beautiful places to visit and catch fun when you visit them. Places like; The Army pool reserve, The Irefin Palace, The National Museum of Unity and many others

Re: Opinion: 7 Most Peaceful Cities To Visit In Nigeria by Diffpussies(m): 7:55pm On Nov 20, 2020
4). EDO BENIN

Benin City which is the Capital of Edo State is such a lovely place. The city is so peaceful that many people love visiting. Inasmuch as they might have their own ups and downs which every city has, they are safe from crises and crimes the endangers the populace.

The city is not just clean but also affordable for dwellers in terms of standard of living. Before now, you should know that one of the Universities known World wide (University of Benin) is located in Benin City.

Re: Opinion: 7 Most Peaceful Cities To Visit In Nigeria by Diffpussies(m): 7:57pm On Nov 20, 2020
3). Markurdi in ( BENUE )

Makurdi the capital of Benue State is indeed a peaceful place to visit or live in. You must have heard some News of one crises or the other around Benue State like that of Agatu before, but that has nothing to do with Makurdi.

Like you must have known, Makurdi is the home of foods (Food Basket of The Nation) in Nigeria. Standard of living in the city of Makurdi is very cheap as cost of foods are not as high as that of other Cities accross the county.

In Makurdi, you hardly hear of the issue of Terrorism and other Crimes that endangers the lives for dwellers. Therefore, Makurdi is a very safe place to visit or live in

Re: Opinion: 7 Most Peaceful Cities To Visit In Nigeria by Diffpussies(m): 7:59pm On Nov 20, 2020
2). Akure in ONDO state

Generally, the Yoruba speaking Cities are believed to be peaceful which is the reason most of them are making this list. Akure which is the State capital of Ondo State is a very nice place to be. The land is safe from Terrorism and other social vices. The standard of living in the place is very much affordable for every common man. They know how to treat visitors/strangers nicely which makes them hospitable. You hardly hear of kidnap cases as well as Crises.

Re: Opinion: 7 Most Peaceful Cities To Visit In Nigeria by Diffpussies(m): 8:01pm On Nov 20, 2020
1). CALABAR in Cross River

Calabar is such a nice place to ever visit. Apart from the fact that it is a very clean City, the place is so much free from violence, the atmosphere is free from pollution because the city is being coordinated in such a way that anything that harms people are being taken off.

As beautiful as the city is, it doesn't stop at physical beauty but also has property Beauty. When you get to the City, you can visit places like; the Slave Museum, the National Museum, the Kwa Waterfall, The Obudu Cattle Ranch and many others.

Re: Opinion: 7 Most Peaceful Cities To Visit In Nigeria by Diffpussies(m): 8:02pm On Nov 20, 2020
That's my opinionated list.

So tell me, which of the Cities on the list is disputable?

Which other city do you feel is as safe as the above? Please have your say and share the article. cool
Re: Opinion: 7 Most Peaceful Cities To Visit In Nigeria by SocialJustice: 8:03pm On Nov 20, 2020
No place is safe in Nigeria. Slack and they will get you.
Re: Opinion: 7 Most Peaceful Cities To Visit In Nigeria by Ahmed0336(m): 8:15pm On Nov 20, 2020
OP remove Edo from that list.

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: 7 Most Peaceful Cities To Visit In Nigeria by Ofemmanu1: 8:19pm On Nov 20, 2020
Edo and Benue should be replaced with Abeokuta and Ijebu.

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: 7 Most Peaceful Cities To Visit In Nigeria by Diffpussies(m): 8:39pm On Nov 20, 2020
SocialJustice:
No place is safe in Nigeria. Slack and they will get you.
Go in peace and come back in peace ( not pieces ) unless u are a cultist or hoodlums undecided
Re: Opinion: 7 Most Peaceful Cities To Visit In Nigeria by Diffpussies(m): 8:41pm On Nov 20, 2020
Ahmed0336:
OP remove Edo from that list.
Edo is a peaceful state oooo,,,, u can't judge them just becoz of wat happened during #Endsars ......

My opinion
Re: Opinion: 7 Most Peaceful Cities To Visit In Nigeria by Ahmed0336(m): 8:53pm On Nov 20, 2020
Diffpussies:
Edo is a peaceful state oooo,,,, u can't judge them just becoz of wat happened during #Endsars ......

My opinion

really? then I think kwara, Nasarawa, Niger, kebbi, jigawa, and gombe should be on the list.
Re: Opinion: 7 Most Peaceful Cities To Visit In Nigeria by Heartbender: 8:54pm On Nov 20, 2020
Kindly remove Edo (Benin City) and put Katsina (the capital of Katsina State). As for Calabar, nna ehn...leemove it. Ben Ayade has messed it up but even before now, Calabar has been a controversial town. I lived there for 6 years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: 7 Most Peaceful Cities To Visit In Nigeria by Diffpussies(m): 8:55pm On Nov 20, 2020
Ahmed0336:

really? then I think kwara, Nasarawa, Niger, kebbi, jigawa, and gombe should be on the list.
if u ever live in d north ,u will know Hausa's war pass civil war .......intact they fight almost every week in d north undecided ,,, I I've in Nasarawa for 3 yrs
Re: Opinion: 7 Most Peaceful Cities To Visit In Nigeria by Diffpussies(m): 8:58pm On Nov 20, 2020
Heartbender:
Kindly remove Edo (Benin City) and put Katsina (the capital of Katsina State). As for Calabar, nna ehn...leemove it. Ben Ayade has messed it up but even before now, Calabar has been a controversial town. I lived there for 6 years.
y u pipu shouting Edo is not peaceful ......... I actually think is d most peaceful self ,,,---- 80% of Edo is peaceful
Re: Opinion: 7 Most Peaceful Cities To Visit In Nigeria by Heartbender: 9:08pm On Nov 20, 2020
Guy, no go kill person pikin with this opinion of yours o? grin
Diffpussies:
y u pipu shouting Edo is not peaceful ......... I actually think is d most peaceful self ,,,---- 80% of Edo is peaceful

1 Like

Re: Opinion: 7 Most Peaceful Cities To Visit In Nigeria by Diffpussies(m): 9:11pm On Nov 20, 2020
Heartbender:
Guy, no go kill person pikin with this opinion of yours o? grin
my 1 kobo opinion grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Opinion: 7 Most Peaceful Cities To Visit In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:00am On Nov 21, 2020
Take Benin and Calabar off your list
Re: Opinion: 7 Most Peaceful Cities To Visit In Nigeria by Ahmed0336(m): 11:44am On Nov 21, 2020
Diffpussies:
if u ever live in d north ,u will know Hausa's war pass civil war .......intact they fight almost every week in d north undecided ,,, I I've in Nasarawa for 3 yrs

you are funny, where in nasarawa did you live?

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Prophet Who Prophecy Tb Joshua Death Revealed What Will Happen To Biafra / Photos: Oritsefemi Survives Ghastly Road Accident In Ogun State / Lucpey - Top-notch Cryptocurrency Exchange

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.