Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,715 members, 7,918,203 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 04:03 AM

NIGERIA : A nation that breeds idiots - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIGERIA : A nation that breeds idiots (907 Views)

I Handed Over A Nation That Produced Richest Man - Jonathan Blast Critics / The Biafra Nation That Never Existed / Nigeria Is An Islamic Nation That Is Accommodating Christians - Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIGERIA : A nation that breeds idiots by playmode(m): 6:57pm On Mar 20, 2011
Over the past few weeks I have read several senseless posts from various senseless Nairaland posters under various senseless threads. When I first joined nairaland, I thought it was a place where I could rub minds with intelligent Nigerians but over the past 12 months I have since realized that 98% of the nairaland lot are a bunch of jokers/idiots who  only comment just to make fun of Nigeria directly and indirectly.

While citizens of better performing countries than ours are kicking out incompetent Governments , we sit on our behinds and smile like monkeys. An American once told me that Nigerians are the dumbest people on the planet and I am beginning to believe that is true.

I watched the presidential debate on NN24 and I was highly disappointed at how terrible all the candidates fared in the debate. Even the mallam, who everybody is praising as the winner of the debate did not impress me one bit. All I heard was promises ,no single outlined plan on how to solve any of Nigeria’s problems.

It is a shame that Nigerian standards has fallen so low but I do not blame the candidates  ,I blame all of you. Yes all you Nigerians including myself. We are officially the dumbest people on the planet. The number 1 mugus of the world. A country of over educated buffoons. Out of 150 million people,we are unable to choose idea driven individuals to lead us ,instead we rely on Goodluck, Sai baba ,anti corruption czar e.t.c!

It just goes to show that our civil society is dead. No morals ,no self esteem, no dignity and absolutely no IQ! There are 5 presidential candidates if I am not mistaken and one of these candidates stand out as an intelligent individual who has the capability and ideas to drive Nigeria forward. This man is no other than Prof Pat Utomi. This man is 1 billion times better than all the other candidates combined but because he does not have money or because he has not shared bags of rice to you people ,you do not mention his name talkless of voting for him.

If these was a serious country Dr Pat Utomi will be considered a serious candidate and perhaps a cadre of the people but NO , trust Nigerians to do things the Nigerian way.

Have any of you ever thought about it ,that the reason why our country is a Poo.H.O.L.E is because we do things the Nigerian way ,how about we stop for a second and try to do things the right way for the betterment of our country.

We Nigerians are silly , selfish, greedy ,corrupt ,wicked and evil. We carry the biggest bibles and the biggest Korans but there is nothing darker that the Nigerian heart and there is nothing more gullible than the Nigerian mind. There is nothing good about us because we prefer to enslave our fellow Nigerians than vote for a great candidate.

At the rate at which we are going ,soon a goat from the forest who can not even speak any audible human language will contest for presidency in Nigeria and it will win the election as long as it give us and our hungry relatives bags of rice as well as okin biscuit to eat.

I am a Yoruba man and I will vote for the right candidate whether he is Igbo ,hausa ,Yoruba ,ND or whatever.

DR PAT UTOMI FOR PRESIDENT 2011 – Nigeria’s only intelligent ideas and solutions driven candidate.

P.S I am not related to the professor and I have never met him before but I have read a lot of his speeches and watched a lot of his videos and he is undoubtedly the best candidate right now for Nigerians.

http://www.sdmp.org/

http://utomifornigeria.com/
Re: NIGERIA : A nation that breeds idiots by rubydolly(f): 6:59pm On Mar 20, 2011
http://omogidii..com/2011/02/bad-bad-me.html#comments
i enjoyed reading,u all may like it.
Re: NIGERIA : A nation that breeds idiots by redsun(m): 7:05pm On Mar 20, 2011
Nigerians dread d truth.They are conditioned to see lies and irresponsibilities as norms.
Re: NIGERIA : A nation that breeds idiots by dayokanu(m): 7:39pm On Mar 20, 2011
Agreed

Imagine people supporting a candidate because they claimed he was favoured by God and has luck or that he is from a particular part of the country
Re: NIGERIA : A nation that breeds idiots by Blazay(m): 7:42pm On Mar 20, 2011
When I first joined nairaland, I thought it was a place where I could rub minds with intelligent Nigerians but over the past 12 months I have since realized that 98% of the nairaland lot are a bunch of jokers/idiots who only comment just to make fun of Nigeria directly and indirectly.

Mu he he he he he he

grin

Na today? grin
Hope you are not related to 'Amebocaster' ooooh?
Instead of whining from Jo-Burg, why don yoo head to Naija and bring about the much-desired "Obamaristic" change?
Abi you senior Barack Obama? Or Barrack Obama senior you?grin
Re: NIGERIA : A nation that breeds idiots by EzeUche2(m): 7:43pm On Mar 20, 2011
When you have crap vs crap, who can you choose from?

I am going to stick with mediocre GEJ, because that is the only choice, that seems to be the best. Just call it a tribal vote.
Re: NIGERIA : A nation that breeds idiots by thtown: 7:55pm On Mar 20, 2011
I think we put too much focus on the presidential elections. We need to start small. Focus more on those that are closer to us and can/should make an impact. The councillors - lg chairma - governors and senate/house members should really be our focus because these are the people that represent us. Even if we have a useless/corrupt president, if these people are truly elected by us and represent us, they will effect change that will benefit us.
Of what use is a pat utomi or the best economist if you have a bunch of corrupt house/senate members?
Re: NIGERIA : A nation that breeds idiots by CrudeOil2(m): 7:56pm On Mar 20, 2011
You said nothing but the truth. But here is another truth: You cant change the mentality of the Nigerian masses, they have been programmed to act like slaves.
I really wish Pat Utomi was the president of Nigeria, the man is the only educated, brilliant and intellectually efficient politician in Nigeria, but its a pity he cant be president. Why? Nigerians dont deserve such human beings, they would rather vote a military totalitarian,  a drunk pastor or something similar. I don't see hope for this country with the present political scheme.
Re: NIGERIA : A nation that breeds idiots by Arosa(m): 8:01pm On Mar 20, 2011
op, you forgot to add that we Nigerians we do demon, and the devil is a Nigerian. grin grin grin
Re: NIGERIA : A nation that breeds idiots by efisher(m): 8:04pm On Mar 20, 2011
OP kindly add that we also breed geniuses.

like me cool
Re: NIGERIA : A nation that breeds idiots by violent(m): 8:17pm On Mar 20, 2011
We are officially the dumbest people on the planet

I take exception to this statement, I would prefer that each individual speak out for himself/herself.

Agreed none of the candidate is good enough, but hey, like it or not, Nigeria has got to be lead by someone, and a few smart individuals cannot change or bend the opinion of ten million uninformed others.

Nigerians are not dumb, far from it, it takes more than an average level of intelligence to swindle others of their money, and when the push comes to shove, and all nations are listed by the number of frauds committed in each, surely we rank tops, how then can you say Nigerians are dumb?

Yes majority of Nigerians are crude and uninformed, which themselves are factors that stemmed from poverty and tribal sentiments. It's a shameful thing that even highly educated ones among us are rather driven by tribal sentiments than by the power of genuine ideas, I don't have to search too far to look for examples to back up this claim, we could easily just pick Beaf of Nairaland as an appropriate case study.

To this end, there is actually not much that can be done, when the uninformed outnumbers the informed by a ratio of 99 to 1, then the informed would almost always eventually be led by the uninformed.
Re: NIGERIA : A nation that breeds idiots by 9ijaMan: 8:22pm On Mar 20, 2011
@OP,
After reading your long write up, I came to a simple conclusion. You also did the very same thing you are blaming the 98% NLers for. Apparently you are not part of the sane 2%.

Now down to basics, what is the difference between a Pat Utomi and  Shakarau?

You wrote a 629 worded epistle only to arrive at the very same destination you blamed 98% NLers for. If you had come out straight to tell us why we should support Pat Utomi instead of throwing rocks all about the place, we perhaps would have tried to engage you in objectively assessing the candidates.

Once again, tell us why we should vote a Pat Utomi and not a Shekarau, 'cos IMO they are both articulate and eloquent. However Shekarau has one solid advantage as he has records to show for his periods in government, no matter how little.
Re: NIGERIA : A nation that breeds idiots by playmode(m): 8:38pm On Mar 20, 2011
Crude Oil:

You said nothing but the truth. But here is another truth: You cant change the mentality of the Nigerian masses, they have been programmed to act like slaves.
I really wish Pat Utomi was the president of Nigeria, the man is the only educated, brilliant and intellectually efficient politician in Nigeria, but its a pity he cant be president. Why? Nigerians dont deserve such human beings, they would rather vote a military totalitarian,  a drunk pastor or something similar. I don't see hope for this country with the present political scheme.

@crudeoil, true talk my brother ,true talk. You nailed it on the head. Just take a look at the comment that followed yours. Jokers are never scarce on Nairaland. Where serious issues are raised and serious responses are required , jokers usually attempt to turn the thread into a beer parlour. They do deserve the type of leadership they get.

@Blazay ,same old rhetoric about someone whining from Joburg ,where else would you prefer i whine from ? Space or planet Jupiter? What makes you think i don't travel to Nigeria regularly or engage in political affairs? If guys like you have not paid attention to Professor Pat Utomi who has been campaigning for years ,why should i think you will listen to me? Crudeoil has said it all : slave mentality!

@9ijaman, Obviously you did not read TO UNDERSTAND otherwise you will know what my write up is intended for.I am not directly campaigning for Professor Pat Utomi,i am asking people like you why you would neglect a candidate like Pat Utomi who is clearly the most genuinely educated (with no fake Ph.Ds) ,most intelligent and most idea driven candidate available right now to serve.NN24 did not even invite the man to the debate because they knew he would be overkill for the other candidates?If you think shekarau based on his performance in the debate is a better candidate than the prof ,then good luck to you.You say he has a solid advantage.Care to elaborate as i dont see how that individual can move Nigeria forward with cramming technique. His perfomance in the debate was above average when you compare him to presidential candidates in other civilized countries.He did not offer detailed solutions on how to solve problems, he just made suggestions which seemed like something he crammed or learnt from his tutor.The prof is idea driven and if you read his speeches or watch his video.You will see that this is a man that actually thinks and offers DETAILED solutions to several problems affecting Nigeria.Have you read about his plan to improve Nigeria's infrastructure?
Re: NIGERIA : A nation that breeds idiots by Yorubaman2: 8:45pm On Mar 20, 2011
fresh hair 2011

POSKER SUCK U
Re: NIGERIA : A nation that breeds idiots by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 8:58pm On Mar 20, 2011
Over the past few weeks I have read several senseless posts from various senseless Nairaland posters under various senseless threads. When I first joined nairaland, I thought it was a place where I could rub minds with intelligent Nigerians but over the past 12 months I have since realized that 98% of the nairaland lot are a bunch of jokers/idiots who  only comment just to make fun of Nigeria directly and indirectly.
[color=#990000][/color]  

@op
yeah, after taking break  from nairaland for a year,i notice nairaland is still thesame with thesame set of people, abusive language is really part of nairalanders and i notice most people in nairaland leave a kind of double life, most of us leave another life outside nairaland, but still thesame nairaland is really intresting, never boring, funing, quick information, i enjoy nairaland sha, but is very dangerous, you get addicted to the site easily and insult soon become part of lifestyle in the site, so am not surprise about this coment

[While citizens of better performing countries than ours are kicking out incompetent Governments , we sit on our behinds and smile like monkeys. An American once told me that Nigerians are the dumbest people on the planet and I am beginning to believe that is true.]

@op
keep dreaming, nigerian are not dumb but dubious,somebody once said nigeria great people bad leaders,i think since the leader is bad, wat did you expect

I watched the presidential debate on NN24 and I was highly disappointed at how terrible all the candidates fared in the debate. Even the mallam, who everybody is praising as the winner of the debate did not impress me one bit. All I heard was promises ,no single outlined plan on how to solve any of Nigeria’s problems.

It is a shame that Nigerian standards has fallen so low but I do not blame the candidates  ,I blame all of you. Yes all you Nigerians including myself. We are officially the dumbest people on the planet. The number 1 mugus of the world. A country of over educated buffoons. Out of 150 million people,we are unable to choose idea driven individuals to lead us ,instead we rely on Goodluck, Sai baba ,anti corruption czar e.t.c!

It just goes to show that our civil society is dead. No morals ,no self esteem, no dignity and absolutely no IQ! There are 5 presidential candidates if I am not mistaken and one of these candidates stand out as an intelligent individual who has the capability and ideas to drive Nigeria forward. This man is no other than Prof Pat Utomi. This man is 1 billion times better than all the other candidates combined but because he does not have money or because he has not shared bags of rice to you people ,you do not mention his name talkless of voting for him.

If these was a serious country Dr Pat Utomi will be considered a serious candidate and perhaps a cadre of the people but NO , trust Nigerians to do things the Nigerian way.

Have any of you ever thought about it ,that the reason why our country is a Poo.H.O.L.E is because we do things the Nigerian way ,how about we stop for a second and try to do things the right way for the betterment of our country.

We Nigerians are silly , selfish, greedy ,corrupt ,wicked and evil. We carry the biggest bibles and the biggest Korans but there is nothing darker that the Nigerian heart and there is nothing more gullible than the Nigerian mind. There is nothing good about us because we prefer to enslave our fellow Nigerians than vote for a great candidate.

At the rate at which we are going ,soon a goat from the forest who can not even speak any audible human language will contest for presidency in Nigeria and it will win the election as long as it give us and our hungry relatives bags of rice as well as okin biscuit to eat.

I am a Yoruba man and I will vote for the right candidate whether he is Igbo ,hausa ,Yoruba ,ND or whatever.

DR PAT UTOMI FOR PRESIDENT 2011 – Nigeria’s only intelligent ideas and solutions driven candidate.

P.S I am not related to the professor and I have never met him before but I have read a lot of his speeches and watched a lot of his videos and he is undoubtedly the best candidate right now for Nigerians.

http://www.sdmp.org/

http://utomifornigeria.com/

well i think i agree to all what you wrote, thats the bitter truth, but play your part in contributing to a better nigeria, remember this our country
Re: NIGERIA : A nation that breeds idiots by MaiSuya(m): 9:26pm On Mar 20, 2011
with a literacy rate of about 50%, Nigeria is, unfortunately, not ready for the intellectual Pat-Utomi-type. . .yet.

HE should offer his wealth of experience to any of the more known candidates, then gradually build his political base, then maybe, just maybe, a few years from now, he may actually stand a good chance. . .
Re: NIGERIA : A nation that breeds idiots by wesley80(m): 9:34pm On Mar 20, 2011
Quote Playmode
'NN24 did not even invite the man to the debate because they knew he would be overkill for the other candidates'

Now thats a lie from the pit of hell. He wasnt invited simply cos he's not a 'serious' candidate period. It sure would be great to have an Utomi as president but fact is a vote for him at this time is a sure vote going down d drain and i hold no one else responsible than Utomi himself for his certain and now familiar failure. His decision to run on d platform of an obscure party with no identifiable members, no serious alliances and hope to achieve any form of success is just laughable. Nigeria is no America where people are swayed by ideology or impressed by intellect (at least majority of the people arent) like it or not the major determinants of political success are finance, ethnicity and political affiliations. Utomi hasnt got any of these going for him so his attempt at the presidency remains nothing more than a feeble one destined to fail from the outset.
Re: NIGERIA : A nation that breeds idiots by efisher(m): 9:44pm On Mar 20, 2011
Imagine this for an opposition in 2015:

[size=14pt]Sanusi (President), Utomi (VP) Party: ACN.[/size]

That will be a team to beat.
Re: NIGERIA : A nation that breeds idiots by AjanleKoko: 9:46pm On Mar 20, 2011
wesley80:

Quote Playmode
'NN24 did not even invite the man to the debate because they knew he would be overkill for the other candidates'

Now thats a lie from the pit of hell. He wasnt invited simply cos he's not a 'serious' candidate period.

And who decides which candidates are serious and which are not?
Re: NIGERIA : A nation that breeds idiots by 9ijaMan: 9:50pm On Mar 20, 2011
Mai Suya:

with a literacy rate of about 50%, Nigeria is, unfortunately, not ready for the intellectual Pat-Utomi-type. . .yet.

HE should offer his wealth of experience to any of the more known candidates, then gradually build his political base, then maybe, just maybe, a few years from now, he may actually stand a good chance. . .
You are far from the truth. The big questions all those clamoring Pat Utomi have failed to answer is this: What has the same Pat Utomi offered Nigerians in the past? What is he offering us now? We already know what a PhD holder can do an leader a notion has almost nothing to do with the academic and/or oratory prowess.

playmode:

@9ijaman, Obviously you did not read TO UNDERSTAND otherwise you will know what my write up is intended for.I am not directly campaigning for Professor Pat Utomi,i am asking people like you why you would neglect a candidate like Pat Utomi who is clearly the most genuinely educated (with no fake Ph.Ds) ,most intelligent and most idea driven candidate available right now to serve.NN24 did not even invite the man to the debate because they knew he would be overkill for the other candidates?If you think shekarau based on his performance in the debate is a better candidate than the prof ,then good luck to you.You say he has a solid advantage.Care to elaborate as i dont see how that individual can move Nigeria forward with cramming technique. His perfomance in the debate was above average when you compare him to presidential candidates in other civilized countries.He did not offer detailed solutions on how to solve problems, he just made suggestions which seemed like something he crammed or learnt from his tutor.The prof is idea driven and if you read his speeches or watch his video.You will see that this is a man that actually thinks and offers DETAILED solutions to several problems affecting Nigeria.Have you read about his plan to improve Nigeria's infrastructure?

Once again you are accusing me of the same problem you have. Where in my reply did I link Shekarau's achievements in governance to his eloquence in the debate? Perhaps you also need to learn to read and comprehend before rushing to pass judgement. I asked you a simple question to tell us how Pat Utomi is different for Shekarau, you failed to answer the question, instead you delved into castigating the man Shekarau and claiming he crammed his responses during the debate. Perhaps you are suggesting he got the questions before hand!

What intelligence and idea driven issues has Pat Utomi raised which is absent in the other candidates? Educate us instead of making general statements which would yield nothing. Pat Utomi is at best a better talker than Shekarau and that's precisely where it ends. Itemize Pat's achievements in and out of government for us, if any. Tell us his policies which you objectively feel will be better than what the others have to offer. I've been alive long enough to know that the empty barrels make the loudest of Noise but I will openly reason with you if you can put forward a superior argument in support of Pat Utomi.

As a Nigerian, I do not give a rats azz about the level of academic/educational achievement of the guy who is up there, but I'm more concerned with what the person has to offer. The most successful men in the world today are not the most academic. In fact I cannot recall a PhD holder being amongst them. Leadership is not in anyways synonymous to scholarship.
Aliko Dangote, does not have a PhD and he's sitting atop the most successful business empire in the history of Nigeria. How many conglomerates does Utomi control?
Re: NIGERIA : A nation that breeds idiots by doja(m): 10:44pm On Mar 20, 2011
Prof Pat Utomi is a good man but he is his own enemy.He has refused to join a mainstream political party. If you intend to be the president of a country you do not put your picture on a faceless party and expect Nigerians to bring you out.

If he was serious about contesting for the presidency he would have teamed up with the progresive and maybe by now we probably be talking about him.

He has another four years to retrace his steps anyway.

Please do not waste ur vote on Utomi this time, he does not stand any chance. There is a credible alternative, Nuhu Ribadu

Re: NIGERIA : A nation that breeds idiots by wesley80(m): 10:51pm On Mar 20, 2011
Quote; Ajanlekoko
And who decides which candidates are serious and which are not?
Not even in the U.S do you have all candidates taking part in presidential debates. only the top candidates make it to the podium, and unfortunately Utomi by all rational standards does not make the list of the top 4 presidential candidates hence his exclusion from the debate. I'm sure he'll get his chance though in the BON organized debate, but expect him to be facing off against some other obscure candidate like the Owambe aficianado - Dele Momodu.
Re: NIGERIA : A nation that breeds idiots by KnowAll(m): 10:53pm On Mar 20, 2011
The poster is an "idioooot" Intelligent men don't necessary have to be president of a country. David Cameron is not the most intelligent Briton neither is Obama the most intelligent American. All 3 major opponents are average Nigerians by any standard and accord, they are not stark illiterates, they should be able to perform with a supposedly wealth of experience autocrats that have all the degrees u can think of guding them through all the upheavals of goverment, bearing in mind some have already been their and worn the T-shirt. You cannot beat experience even if u have Phd in 10 subjects.
Re: NIGERIA : A nation that breeds idiots by wesley80(m): 11:00pm On Mar 20, 2011
^^^ Very well said.
Re: NIGERIA : A nation that breeds idiots by playmode(m): 11:01pm On Mar 20, 2011
wesley80:

Quote Playmode

Now thats a lie from the pit of hell. He wasnt invited simply cos he's not a 'serious' candidate period. It sure would be great to have an Utomi as president but[b] fact is a vote for him at this time is a sure vote going down d drain[/b] and i hold no one else responsible than Utomi himself for his certain and now familiar failure.[b] His decision to run on d platform of an obscure party with no identifiable members, no serious alliances and hope to achieve any form of success is just laughable. [/b]Nigeria is no America where people are swayed by ideology or impressed by intellect (at least majority of the people arent) like it or not the major determinants of political success are finance, ethnicity and political affiliations. Utomi hasnt got any of these going for him so his attempt at the presidency remains nothing more than a feeble one destined to fail from the outset.

Well this is why our country is not moving forward. Imagine if Americans were saying a vote for Obama was a vote down the drain because he was black and a Blackman will nevr win an election. That is why I said Niegria breeds idiots and unfortunately educated ones.If you are not willing to vote for a candidate simply because you think he will lose the election , then you have dignity issues. Are we not supposed to choose leaders that will fix our nation? In your opinion he is running on a platform with no identifiable members. Well this is because the members of his party are not the corruption ridden folks you prefer to vote for. The majority of his party members are honest people who do have not been in government for billions of decades and who do not have billions of dollars embezzled from government funds in the bank account.Your comment exposes the regressive thinking of so called educated Nigerians especially the youths of today. An intelligent person will never says that they will not vote for a candidate simply because his party does not have corrupt cabals and corrupt political heavyweights has members. Are we not looking CHANGE? Do you even know what Change means? I guess you ,well it means out with the old ,in with new.The fact that Professor Pat Utomi has continued to run on honest and transparent platforms shows that he is not a man that can be easily corrupted. Utomi can easily cosy up to corrupt cabals but he is a disciplined & honest man and he has a dream that he wants to fulfill for the Nigerian people. .Unfortunatelt 90% of Nigerians are too daft or too hungry to see that.Utomi may never be president but in my books and in the books of other HONEST Nigerians ,he a true leader and a source of inspiration.

9ijaMan:

You are far from the truth. The big questions all those clamoring Pat Utomi have failed to answer is this: What has the same Pat Utomi offered Nigerians in the past? What is he offering us now? We already know what a PhD holder can do an leader a notion has almost nothing to do with the academic and/or oratory prowess.

Once again you are accusing me of the same problem you have. Where in my reply did I link Shekarau's achievements in governance to his eloquence in the debate? Perhaps you also need to learn to read and comprehend before rushing to pass judgement. I asked you a simple question to tell us how Pat Utomi is different for Shekarau, you failed to answer the question, instead you delved into castigating the man Shekarau and claiming he crammed his responses during the debate. Perhaps you are suggesting he got the questions before hand!

What intelligence and idea driven issues has Pat Utomi raised which is absent in the other candidates? Educate us instead of making general statements which would yield nothing. Pat Utomi is at best a better talker than Shekarau and that's precisely where it ends. Itemize Pat's achievements in and out of government for us, if any. Tell us his policies which you objectively feel will be better than what the others have to offer. I've been alive long enough to know that the empty barrels make the loudest of Noise but I will openly reason with you if you can put forward a superior argument in support of Pat Utomi.

As a Nigerian, I do not give a rats azz about the level of academic/educational achievement of the guy who is up there, but I'm more concerned with what the person has to offer. The most successful men in the world today are not the most academic. In fact I cannot recall a PhD holder being amongst them. Leadership is not in anyways synonymous to scholarship.
Aliko Dangote, does not have a PhD and he's sitting atop the most successful business empire in the history of Nigeria. How many conglomerates does Utomi control?

You are here busy frustrating yourself over a topic whose purpose you fail to understand. Why do you want me to itemize his achievements in Government for you? Did you read your comment? This is not a specific campaign for UTOMI ,this is a question to dummies like you who still support clueless candidates. What has your shekarau done by the way that has got you so pumped. I like UTOMI because of his sincerity and his ideas.You have a computer ,do some research yourself and don't ask me to convince you about anything. You are a grown man ,you can make up your own mind.It is like you asking me to stop you from jumping in a lava pit. Why should i do that ,if you are not intelligent enough to know that that will not end well ,then GOODLUCK to you.You talk about Aliko Dangote ,you are a joker. A man who gained his wealth through corrupt affiliations is your perfect example of a leader. Don’t you get it? Pat Utomi is not about conglomerates or billions of dollars. He does not care about owning 20 rolls royce or 10 range rovers. He offering his service and he has ideas, ideas that  even your shekarau will will not be able to come with in a billions years. So you don’t think Pat Utomi is fit for the presidency because he doesn’t own conglomerates? Do you know that Pat Utomi started Lagos business school which is now Pan African University? The youths know Utomi ,he speaks to the people ,he offers ideas even to Government officials but they never listen to him because they are corrupt.

I am no professor UTOMI but even your shekarau will be made mince meat of if he debate with me .I don’t have any achievement in Government but I have great ideas which if implemented properly will see the will Nigerian wheel of recovery turn faster; simple and practical ideas that will actually impact the lives of Nigerians.

Your shekarau is a sitting Governor ,what has he done for Kano that is worth noting? Name just 3 things that are worth noting. Kano is still a backward desert no foreign investment coming ,zero economy, a massive population of beggars, bad infrastructure e.t.c. How come he has not implemented some his great ideas to turn kano into a mini lagos?
Re: NIGERIA : A nation that breeds idiots by AbuMaryam1(m): 11:03pm On Mar 20, 2011
@op
Very unfurtunate you remain the way of NLers, you are back to square to one grin grin grin
Re: NIGERIA : A nation that breeds idiots by playmode(m): 11:14pm On Mar 20, 2011
KnowAll:

The poster is an "idioooot" Intelligent men don't necessary have to be president of a country. David Cameron is not the most intelligent Briton neither is Obama the most intelligent American. All 3 major opponents are average Nigerians by any standard and accord, they are not stark illiterates, they should be able to perform with a supposedly wealth of experience autocrats that have all the degrees u can think of guding them through all the upheavals of goverment, bearing in mind some have already been their and worn the T-shirt. You cannot beat experience even if u have Phd in 10 subjects.

You make me laugh with your post because it shows that you have little or no IQ. Did i say Pat Utomi is the MOST intelligent Nigerian or the most intelligent candidate available to serve? You should go back to school and learn how to read and understand. You and wesley80 are clearly not bright individuals.

You talk about the experience of the other candidates, what experience? Experience in taking over a Government with military force? Experience in fighting a selective anti corruption war. Or Experience in not being able to make any worthy improvement in one’s state?

Please save it for dummies like yourself who continue to bullshit Nigerians. Are you saying that UTOMI is a fresher, the guy has been a special assistant to a Nigerian leader before and he has continued to play a leadership role amongst the youths. He is highly respected more than the other candidates because he has no baggage. He is the kind of president the western world will truly respect and listen to because of his honesty.You all dislike him because he refuses to join "owanbe" parties,well shame on you.

You and your ilk are lazy and backward in nature that is why you will settle for the worst solution instead of going for the best. Can you imagine Americans voting for Sarah Palin over Obama, even republicans know that Sarah Palin is a joke and no presidential material.
Re: NIGERIA : A nation that breeds idiots by KnowAll(m): 11:26pm On Mar 20, 2011
You make me laugh with your post because it shows that you have little or no IQ. Did i say Pat Utomi is the MOST intelligent Nigerian or the most intelligent candidate available to serve? You should go back to school and learn how to read and understand. You and wesley80 are clearly not bright individuals.

You talk about the experience of the other candidates, what experience? Experience in taking over a Government with military force? Experience in fighting a selective anti corruption war. Or Experience in not being able to make any worthy improvement in one’s state?

Please save it for dummies like yourself who continue to bullshit Nigerians. Are you saying that UTOMI is a fresher, the guy has been a special assistant to a Nigerian leader before and he has continued to play a leadership role amongst the youths. He is highly respected more than the other candidates because he has no baggage. He is the kind of president the western world will truly respect and listen to because of his honesty.You all dislike him because he refuses to join "owanbe" parties,well shame on you.

You and your ilk are lazy and backward in nature that is why you will settle for the worst solution instead of going for the best. Can you imagine Americans voting for Sarah Palin over Obama, even republicans know that Sarah Palin is a joke and no presidential material.

[size=14pt]No matter your desire to spin Utomi for this post, it is one of those post no man or woman can wake up and tell the world he/she is going to achieve no matter that man or woman's antecedent. If Utomi cannot fit himself into any of the 3 or 4 minimum leading parties, then it simply shows how high an expectation he has of himself. There are no permanent friends in politics, I am sure you have  heard these words a million times but permanent interest.

Your man should get off his high horse and join one of the four leading party rather than been the kingpin in a down and trodden outfit no one has ever heard off.[/size]
Re: NIGERIA : A nation that breeds idiots by playmode(m): 11:37pm On Mar 20, 2011
KnowAll:

[size=14pt]No matter your desire to spin Utomi for this post, it is one of those post no man or woman can wake up and tell the world he/she is going to achieve no matter that man or woman's antecedent. If Utomi cannot fit himself into any of the 3 or 4 minimum leading parties, then it is simply shows how high an expectation he has of himself. There are no permanent friends in politics, I am sure you have heard these words a million times but permanent interest.

Your man should get off his high horse and join one of the four leading party rather than been the kingpin in a down and trodden outfit no one has ever heard off.[/size]

UTOMI does not need to join any of the other parties.His party is under funded but that will soon change.There are millions of Nigerians in Diaspora remember.I won't say much but trust me when i say that will soon change.To be honest a 2011 presidency is not possible but come 4years from now.Pat Utomi will field a campaign stronger than any he has ever put up before and he will have fresh help,skilled campaign managers and proper funding from honest sources.
Re: NIGERIA : A nation that breeds idiots by wesley80(m): 12:05am On Mar 21, 2011
@Playmode,
Could u pls tone down your name calling and focus more on trying to get your defective message across?
Could u also do us a favor and separate your dreams from reality? We all have our little dreams and wishes for our country also But we know when to fantasie and when to face reality. Pat Utomi no doubt is a good presidential material but do u know if he stands for the governorship of his homestate - Delta state- he'lld fail woefully? Not because he's incompetent but cos he'lld be a hard sell to a people not impressed by intellect but by immediate gratification be it a bag of salt or whatever. It just doesnt matter what he brings to the table, he stands no chance without a strong political base and a huge bank account. That my friend is the reality.
What i expected of a man as learned as he is was to start building structures, reach out across all sides of the Niger to men of integrity and some popularity. imagine the likes of Col Abubakar Umar, Wole Soyinka, Donald Duke etc in one party, they may not win immediately but there'lld be something to build on and a ray of hope and belief and with time they would build the elusive structure and success would be inevitable. But what do we have? An omnipresent Utomi contesting in all elections since 2003 on an obscure platform that we r forced to remember just b4 elections and hoping something miraculous happens then turning to blame Nigerians for turning their backs at him when the inevitable trouncing at the polls occur. Seriously- What else do u expect? This guy is just counting on goodwill to succeed but someone has got to tell him and u that Goodwill is never going to be enough in his lifetime.
Re: NIGERIA : A nation that breeds idiots by Nobody: 12:06am On Mar 21, 2011
focus more on trying to get your defective message across?

oh lala.

what's this thread about.
Re: NIGERIA : A nation that breeds idiots by Jackieugo(f): 12:21am On Mar 21, 2011
100% agree with OP. It's a shame undecided

(1) (Reply)

No More Pdp Govs In North? Can We Safely Assume? / Abike Dabiri Flaws Electoral Law / Wikileaks On Gaddafi And Usa Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.