Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,132 members, 7,928,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 02:28 PM

Corporate Legal Personality - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Corporate Legal Personality (391 Views)

Prince Omoha Bags African Young Entrepreneur & Humanitarian Personality Award / Legal Personality / How To Remove A Director From A Corporate Legal Entity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Corporate Legal Personality by elyonchee(f): 8:30am On Nov 25, 2020
A company is a body corporate, capable of suing or sue in it's name, has a perpetual succession and can own assets in it's names. Can borrow or lend in it's name. It's legal rights and obligations separates it from it's members such as shareholders and directors of the company.
A company enters into contracts in it's own name. For example Contract Agreement Between Abia State Government and Okay Services Limited.
You can see the company was able to enter into a contract with government in it's name.
This is one of the legal structures in a company, that makes it unique from a business name. A business name can't enter into a contract in it's name. Infact, it the sole proprietor or proprietors that enters into contracts. Business name is good, but company LTD is better.
But for now, if you can afford to register a business name please do.
For your company ltd, business name or incorporated trustee registration or any post incorporation stuffs. WhatsApp or call me on 08117409752.
Re: Corporate Legal Personality by elyonchee(f): 8:33am On Nov 25, 2020
elyonchee:
A company is a body corporate, capable of suing or sue in it's name, has a perpetual succession and can own assets in it's names. Can borrow or lend in it's name. It's legal rights and obligations separates it from it's members such as shareholders and directors of the company.
A company enters into contracts in it's own name. For example Contract Agreement Between Abia State Government and Okay Services Limited.
You can see the company was able to enter into a contract with government in it's name.
This is one of the legal structures in a company, that makes it unique from a business name. A business name can't enter into a contract in it's name. Infact, it the sole proprietor or proprietors that enters into contracts. Business name is good, but company LTD is better.
But for now, if you can afford to register a business name please do.
For your company ltd, business name or incorporated trustee registration or any post incorporation stuffs. WhatsApp or call me on 08117409752.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help... I'm Feeling I Was Overcharged On Block Chain / I Need Bulk Emails To Buy. / Fastest Online Loan Platform In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.