Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,834 members, 7,945,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 11:52 PM

NBC Begins Survey Of Imo/rivers Boundary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NBC Begins Survey Of Imo/rivers Boundary (781 Views)

Presidential Poll: Imo, Rivers Results Were Manipulated – Yiaga Africa / Wike Frustrated Imo-Rivers Boundary Dispute Reconciliatory Efforts - Commission / FG Disburses ₦123.348bn Grants To States. Bayelsa, Imo, Rivers, Zamfara Get Zero (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NBC Begins Survey Of Imo/rivers Boundary by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 5:01pm On Nov 25, 2020
By Chinonso Alozie, Owerri

The National Boundary Commission, NBC, has commenced fieldwork on the border communities of Imo and Rivers state.

The NBC, led by the Director General, Surveyor Adamu Adaji, yesterday spoke while flagging off the joint field team for Imo and Rivers at Ohaji/Egbema local government area of Imo state.

He said that both Imo and Rivers field team were expected to thoroughly give accurate data on the inter-state boundary.

An exercise he said would last for two months.

Some of the affected local government areas, Adaji, mentioned in Imo and Rivers state included “Oguta, Ohaji/ Egbema, Owerri West, Ngor- Okpala and Ndoni, Emuoha, Ikwerre, Etche, Egbema respectively.

“The fieldwork is expected to last for two months. In the process of delivering on this assignment the joint fieldteam of both Imo and that of Rivers States,as well as the federal government, will traverse the entire length and breath of theboundary.

“They will pass through the affected local government areas of Oguta, Egbema and Ngor-Okpala in Imo State and in Rivers state will be Egbema, Ndoni, Emuoha, Ikwerre and Etche.

”“We charge the members to discharge their duties with the utmost sense of professionalism and commitment as well as to come up with comprehensive data for the definition of the inter-state boundary,” Adaji said.

Vanguard News Nigeria
Re: NBC Begins Survey Of Imo/rivers Boundary by HandmadeD: 5:01pm On Nov 25, 2020
Commendable I must say
Re: NBC Begins Survey Of Imo/rivers Boundary by TossTos: 5:04pm On Nov 25, 2020
Weldone NBC
Re: NBC Begins Survey Of Imo/rivers Boundary by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 5:07pm On Nov 25, 2020
cheesy
Re: NBC Begins Survey Of Imo/rivers Boundary by Coneheadyutes(m): 5:14pm On Nov 25, 2020
cheesy

1 Like

Re: NBC Begins Survey Of Imo/rivers Boundary by OfoIgbo: 5:31pm On Nov 25, 2020
If Imo is able to get Egbema and Ndoni, a good chunk of Rivers oil wells will be attached to Imo.

If Abia makes a bid for Oyigbo and gets it also, the OUR OYEL craze in Rivers state disappears immediately

6 Likes

Re: NBC Begins Survey Of Imo/rivers Boundary by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 25, 2020
OfoIgbo:
If Imo is able to get Egbema and Ndoni, a good chunk of Rivers oil wells will be attached to Imo.

If Abia makes a bid for Oyigbo and gets it also, the OUR OYEL craze in Rivers state disappears immediately

Even Omuma and Etche self...

2 Likes

Re: NBC Begins Survey Of Imo/rivers Boundary by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 5:54pm On Nov 25, 2020
OfoIgbo:

The supreme Court governor is in APC so let him do it but on what basis is IMO state going for ndoni? Instead of Delta state.
Re: NBC Begins Survey Of Imo/rivers Boundary by afube: 6:09pm On Nov 25, 2020
OfoIgbo:

you are correct my brother......... egbema and obigbo are core Igbo communities but political intrigue instigated by fulani and their accomplists in Rivers state conspired to take over these territories . The cry for equity by niger delta will never see the light of day because they are wicked and devious people. Their history is replete with wickedness and treachery.........check their involvement in slave trade, colonialism,abandoned property and stolen territories.............Niger delta will remain poor till they purge themselves of their wickedness

2 Likes

Re: NBC Begins Survey Of Imo/rivers Boundary by ekesol: 6:12pm On Nov 25, 2020
After this Abia state should go for Obigbo and Portharcourt since WECA ruling of 1958 between Ikwere and Okrika said Portharcourt is Igbo land.

The former Boundary of Old IMO state is Eleme junction. Because of Wike outburst we move. E go shockam

2 Likes

Re: NBC Begins Survey Of Imo/rivers Boundary by OfoIgbo: 6:47pm On Nov 25, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
The supreme Court governor is in APC so let him do it but on what basis is IMO state going for ndoni? Instead of Delta state.

I think I prefer Ndoni going to Imo state, because whenever these Igbo areas are attached to either Rivers or Delta, they start questioning their origins and start saying they're from Benin.

In Imo they'll know what time it is.

In fact I even prefer them attached to Anambra, because the Igboness of Anambra is so strong, even the Obi of Onitsha is vociferous in claiming that Onitsha people are not from Benin
Re: NBC Begins Survey Of Imo/rivers Boundary by Karlovich: 6:53pm On Nov 25, 2020
Another land grabbing venture from clueless leaders
Re: NBC Begins Survey Of Imo/rivers Boundary by Bkayyy: 6:54pm On Nov 25, 2020
OfoIgbo:

I don't know what Abia state is waiting for. Obigbo is non-negotiable
Re: NBC Begins Survey Of Imo/rivers Boundary by Bkayyy: 7:00pm On Nov 25, 2020
Karlovich:
Another land grabbing venture from clueless leaders
A man going to take back what is his is not called grabbing but retaking.
Not everybody is like your people that are cool with leaving their brothers in Togo and Benin Republic as if they are aliens claiming relationship with an Igbo man in far away Igboland.
You people should study what unity and brotherly bond means. You people behave like other animals that doesn't have bond. I mean how can I be cool with my brother dying of poverty in another land and I will be calling another person brother.
Take a clue from the Hausa fulani that are going extra miles to make sure that their brothers in Niger and Chad enjoy a bit of what they are enjoying in Nigeria with all these policies while placing a blockade between you and your brothers in Benin Republic and you act as if you don't care.
Tụfịakwa, God punish Disunity.
By the way, Excuse my French.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBC Begins Survey Of Imo/rivers Boundary by Nigeriabiafra80: 7:47pm On Nov 25, 2020
We are writing every wrong right
After annexing those igbo community illegally carved into river and so called south south
Because of oil,
Wike buy sense for wike
Re: NBC Begins Survey Of Imo/rivers Boundary by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 25, 2020
noted
Re: NBC Begins Survey Of Imo/rivers Boundary by OfoIgbo: 8:00pm On Nov 25, 2020
Bkayyy:

I don't know what Abia state is waiting for. Obigbo is non-negotiable

You know Abia is not an APC state so the almajiri government will not even take a second look at their appeal.

I would have been happier if the Imo govt had gone for Obio-Akpo LGA. That would have turned Wike to an Imo man before 2023
grin

Anyway, I suspect the fg may, just may be plotting to financially de-fang Wike before 2023
Re: NBC Begins Survey Of Imo/rivers Boundary by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 25, 2020
OfoIgbo:

You know Abia is not an APC state so the almajiri government will not even take a second look at their appeal.

I would have been happier if the Imo govt had gone for Obio-Akpo LGA. That would have turned Wike to an Imo man before 2023
grin

Anyway, I suspect the fg may, just may be plotting to financially de-fang Wike before 2023

The way most of you talk sometimes is too demeaning.

You want to take another man's distant land until yours just coz they said they are not Igbo.

Una one room desperation is seriously manifesting on nairaland everyday.

(1) (Reply)

Pensioners Fume As Govs Back Plan To Borrow N17tn From Pension Funds, Others / Bayelsa West Bye Election: Dickson Wins / Dubai Economic Miracle: 1950 To 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.