Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,414 members, 7,917,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 10:29 PM

Cars, Auto Dealers & $ Dollar - Naira Exchange Rate: How Are You Coping? - Autos (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Cars, Auto Dealers & $ Dollar - Naira Exchange Rate: How Are You Coping? (31537 Views)

Dear Auto Dealers,i Am Looking For This Ride / Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party / Nairaland Auto-dealers Task-force Team Are The Real Deal For Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cars, Auto Dealers & $ Dollar - Naira Exchange Rate: How Are You Coping? by Lucas4903: 3:48pm On Nov 26, 2020
GAZZUZZ:
Car sales .

Since there is no restriction to who can import and sell a car, the market is very diverse.

The actual people who sell cars for a living are having a hard time competing with people who sell cars on the side.

A 2003 Toyota Corolla clean title will land Nigeria at about ₦1,940,000 naira , it will be put up for sale for about ₦2,100,000 and finally sold for about ₦2-2.03m in 1-2weeks

A profit of ₦less than ₦100,000 on an investment of roughly 2m and wait period of about 3months, with associated risk.

Now you have people who have relations outside the country who I would like to call recreational sellers, they do not sell cars for a living, they do not know how much these cars cost, all they do is wait for Obinna to send a car down, Obinna tells them the last price and they put it up for sale . After 2-3months of not seeing a buyer the price starts to drop out of frustration and finally a car that landed at say ₦1,000,000 would end up being sold for ₦900,000 with thank you cheesy

Cars are now very expensive, cat dealers are not finding it easy and have to source for cheap dollars to stay afloat, the dubious ones have to search for badly salvaged cheap vehicles to make more profit, they also have to cut more corners at the port to shortpay on custom duty to cover up for the shortfall in returns.

So this is the best time to really pay attention to vehicle info before paying for it.
https://www.nairaland.com/carguide

Run a vin report, check the custom duty, and stop chasing after cheap cars, you are most likely buying trouble .

May God help us in Nigeria.

Dont even go there, I will land a 2003 Corolla at 1.4 sef....1.9 ko.....10milion ni. I am not an auto dealer but I have bought for friends from where I live. I no dey do deals ooo. But truth be told.

2 Likes

Re: Cars, Auto Dealers & $ Dollar - Naira Exchange Rate: How Are You Coping? by ately1(m): 3:51pm On Nov 26, 2020
chrisifeanyi:
No be small thing. I dey pity dem. Please I need foreign used Lexus RX 350 2009. It must be very neat with good title

WhatsApp me 09039130544.. or drop yours.
Re: Cars, Auto Dealers & $ Dollar - Naira Exchange Rate: How Are You Coping? by Bluntemperor: 3:51pm On Nov 26, 2020
articlewriter:
Innoson cars accepts Naira not dollar. Let us grow our Naira

What is the reasonable price of Innosson Cars,compared to the imported Cars or even one from Benin-Republic across the border.
Re: Cars, Auto Dealers & $ Dollar - Naira Exchange Rate: How Are You Coping? by chukel(m): 3:57pm On Nov 26, 2020
adonainana:

It’s normal economics for price of a Nigerian used to go up.

So then is when you remember economics,

What about the depreciation of the Nigerian used vehicle he wants to sell

All of a sudden you remember economics now but you’ve forgotten every machinery wil depreciate and be of less value as time goes on . We shouldn’t even start talking about how old the cars are

The site you said I should go on I went on there, there are not brand new cars my friend they are foreign used cars, some accidented some with fault, it’s quite unfortunate if you allow someone to sell a 20 year old car to you for 3,000 dollars for you to want to come and sell to come
And sell the foreign car ( tokunbo ) to unfortunate Nigerians
you still type very ignorantly. Very very. There will always be a form of balance between depreciation value and rate of inflation. Which ever has higher value tilts the pendulum to it's side. I sent you a site. Very evident you didn't open it. 99% of cars there are clean cars. If you use the filter to pick 2006 cars, you will see the prices ranging from $4k and above. If at this age you think you can get a brand new 2006 vehicle, then I'm very sorry i can't help your reasoning. You are extremely remote from reality. That is the problem with most of you. Stark ignorance. You think you can get a brand new car for $3k in U.S? Wake up from death.

4 Likes

Re: Cars, Auto Dealers & $ Dollar - Naira Exchange Rate: How Are You Coping? by PotatoSalad(m): 4:03pm On Nov 26, 2020
peeps4u:

The rate at which dollars has increased easily overrides that.
Imagine someone that made $1k weekly/monthly (about 190k-200k) in 2015, today, same $1k is about 500k. Will that person worry about tomato price when he makes 500k weekly/monthly?

Increasing dollar-naira rate pays people that earns majorly and high in dollars.
You look at what the person earns and forgot about inflation.
PlayStation 5 is 240k @480/$ when it shouldn't be more than 80k.
Always look at inflation. Even if the increased rate favours your earnings, you aren't gaining much if price of items are 5x their original price.

1 Like

Re: Cars, Auto Dealers & $ Dollar - Naira Exchange Rate: How Are You Coping? by chukel(m): 4:07pm On Nov 26, 2020
calculusx:

The matter tire me menn. . You buy $ #450 at the time of Purchase. Time to pay for Shipping you'll buy $ @ #470, before the Car gets here and you are ready to sell $ has gone up to #500.I'm frustrated

https://www.nairaland.com/6266078/clean-title-2004-toyota-corolla

$2093 + $1400 x #450 = #1,547,550 + 500,000 = $2,047,550. I can't even boast of 50k profit as there are still little things to fix
lol. Na una wey de go buy corolla. I dont do corolla. I don't. No point.
Re: Cars, Auto Dealers & $ Dollar - Naira Exchange Rate: How Are You Coping? by chukel(m): 4:10pm On Nov 26, 2020
Lucas4903:

Dont even go there, I will land a 2003 Corolla at 1.4 sef....1.9 ko.....10milion ni. I am not an auto dealer but I have bought for friends from where I live. I no dey do deals ooo. But truth be told.
lies. Just break it down lets see your landing cost. Purchase price, trucking, shipping, clearing. Do the maths let's see.
Nb. Went thru your profile and comments. I like your reasoning a lot. We need your likes down here. All the best bro. However, i still need you to counter my view.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cars, Auto Dealers & $ Dollar - Naira Exchange Rate: How Are You Coping? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 26, 2020
blackedwin:
2013 Toyota Camry SE 4.65M hit me if you're interested. Cheers
Yeezus Christos! See as engine still be like something wey just comot from factory. When they don't have to drive km's of untarred roads, and oceans of mud. Damn, Nigeria is hell on earth.
Re: Cars, Auto Dealers & $ Dollar - Naira Exchange Rate: How Are You Coping? by Higgies(m): 4:25pm On Nov 26, 2020
ATEAMS:
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.
What's then the fact?
what's then the truth?

1 Like

Re: Cars, Auto Dealers & $ Dollar - Naira Exchange Rate: How Are You Coping? by Abimby: 4:28pm On Nov 26, 2020
chrisifeanyi:
No be small thing. I dey pity dem. Please I need foreign used Lexus RX 350 2009. It must be very neat with good title

I have a clean title, will arrive on 25 December

Re: Cars, Auto Dealers & $ Dollar - Naira Exchange Rate: How Are You Coping? by promzy555(m): 4:40pm On Nov 26, 2020
Ganzoh:

I am your plug for a very good deal
give me your WhatsApp number
Re: Cars, Auto Dealers & $ Dollar - Naira Exchange Rate: How Are You Coping? by sonnie10: 4:41pm On Nov 26, 2020
chukel:
lies. Just break it down lets see your landing cost. Purchase price, trucking, shipping, clearing. Do the maths let's see.

Don’t mind that guy. I pity some gullible people.
Re: Cars, Auto Dealers & $ Dollar - Naira Exchange Rate: How Are You Coping? by calculusx(m): 4:41pm On Nov 26, 2020
chukel:
lol. Na una wey de go buy corolla. I dont do corolla. I don't. No point.

It's applicable to other Cars too. The funny thing is, despite scarcity of forex, cost of Purchase is still high.
Re: Cars, Auto Dealers & $ Dollar - Naira Exchange Rate: How Are You Coping? by chrisifeanyi: 4:45pm On Nov 26, 2020
Abimby:

I have a clean title, will arrive on 25 December
Send me your contact, what's the milage and Vin?
Re: Cars, Auto Dealers & $ Dollar - Naira Exchange Rate: How Are You Coping? by chukel(m): 4:52pm On Nov 26, 2020
calculusx:

It's applicable to other Cars too. The funny thing is, despite scarcity of forex, cost of Purchase is still high.
true. But corolla is the worst.
Re: Cars, Auto Dealers & $ Dollar - Naira Exchange Rate: How Are You Coping? by Ganzoh: 4:52pm On Nov 26, 2020
promzy555:
give me your WhatsApp number
Re: Cars, Auto Dealers & $ Dollar - Naira Exchange Rate: How Are You Coping? by Trustme2(m): 4:55pm On Nov 26, 2020
Lucas4903:

You can lie o. What's the point? Break your cost down and let's see.

1 Like

Re: Cars, Auto Dealers & $ Dollar - Naira Exchange Rate: How Are You Coping? by holuwasheyiWGP(m): 4:57pm On Nov 26, 2020
Re: Cars, Auto Dealers & $ Dollar - Naira Exchange Rate: How Are You Coping? by holuwasheyiWGP(m): 4:59pm On Nov 26, 2020
chrisifeanyi:
Oga, check out this 2012 model

Contact me on +234 813 493 2159

Re: Cars, Auto Dealers & $ Dollar - Naira Exchange Rate: How Are You Coping? by mumexcellency(f): 5:03pm On Nov 26, 2020
I have Kia optimal 2015 for sale. Bought from manufacturer brand new. Kindly check my signature and send me a mail. Serious business person/ buyer only please. Thank you.
Re: Cars, Auto Dealers & $ Dollar - Naira Exchange Rate: How Are You Coping? by lekki1444: 5:28pm On Nov 26, 2020
BabaOwen:
You're wasting your time on that guy grin

I totally gave up on him when he asked how burns boy and wizkid song is affecting the price of garri in the market grin

Like seriously grin

Ignorant people full Nigeria.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy you are right bro, some people cannot be redeemed from ignorance grin
Re: Cars, Auto Dealers & $ Dollar - Naira Exchange Rate: How Are You Coping? by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:29pm On Nov 26, 2020
Lucas4903:

I will pay for 20units if you can do this.

No try any humility paroles o.

08033910382. Let's talk biz.

Cc calculusx

Re: Cars, Auto Dealers & $ Dollar - Naira Exchange Rate: How Are You Coping? by Coinbased: 5:47pm On Nov 26, 2020
Really
Re: Cars, Auto Dealers & $ Dollar - Naira Exchange Rate: How Are You Coping? by calculusx(m): 6:32pm On Nov 26, 2020
Lucas4903:

Talk is Cheap bro. Put on your dancing shoes and get on the floor. The Sky is wide enough for every bird to fly

2 Likes

Re: Cars, Auto Dealers & $ Dollar - Naira Exchange Rate: How Are You Coping? by dominion001(m): 6:43pm On Nov 26, 2020
Everybody talking about dollar. Has someone check out Euro and pounds? Those two guys no dey live near naira at all. Buhari don raise men in Europe standard big time.

1 Like

Re: Cars, Auto Dealers & $ Dollar - Naira Exchange Rate: How Are You Coping? by Lucas4903: 6:46pm On Nov 26, 2020
chukel:
Nb. Went thru your profile and comments. I like your reasoning a lot. We need your likes down here. All the best bro. However, i still need you to counter my view.

Like I said bro. Dont go there at all. The dealers are business men and they should make good profit i am not against them. But this is what I have done time and time again. They are lies because u have believed what u want to believe. Ain't arguing jaree. Best of luck
Re: Cars, Auto Dealers & $ Dollar - Naira Exchange Rate: How Are You Coping? by blacknp(m): 6:57pm On Nov 26, 2020
adonainana:
Nigerians are greedy people
Yes dollar has increased but surely the levy import levy on imported cars has been slashed. So how come the effect can’t and won’t be seen by people buying tokunbo cars

Nigerians are greedy people and would exploit any situation. Any price of anything that goes up in Nigeria through chance, luck or pure economics never goes back down when every parameter has been fixed

Tokunbo cars aside, let’s say it cost 1.5million to import a tokunbo Toyota Camry 2009 to Nigeria. And the seller wants to make his own profit and sells for 1.9 million

Please what about used Nigerian cars, how come all of a sudden it is now expensive, like which part of forex deals with Nigerian used cars that has been used on Nigerian roads.

Too much greed in this country and sometimes if you say too much, people would be like if you can’t afford it, shift and same people want corruption to end, sars to end, nepotism to end. Like una never serious yet

Finally this country is a time bomb, imagine sellin a 2006 car for $3,000 (1.4 million )

Imagine a 14 year old car that the Oyimbo manufacturers have even forgotten they made 14 years ago still selling for millions in a third world country that produces nothing of its own and only imports everything to sustain its lifestyle smh
We are suffering from black man mentality, Oyibos did not finish the process of colonization properly before they departed Nigeria all in the name of independence, we are like a half baked cake Nation. Hausa Fulani that told Azikiwe & Awolowo that Nigeria was not yet ready to be born they agitated, today we all can see Nigeria is a still born baby.
Re: Cars, Auto Dealers & $ Dollar - Naira Exchange Rate: How Are You Coping? by tonididdy(m): 7:10pm On Nov 26, 2020
lekki1444:
bro this how it works, these musicians bring billions of naira of investment into the country. because of whizzkid and davido and burna boy many americans and british are coming to nigeria as tourists. thats easily a billion plus naira industry. go to the island it is full of young americans spending cash who came to see burna boyy and rema and davido and whizzkid. its booming. especially this detty december ? brother stop bbeing ignorant. educate yourself. this is 2020 bro, ignorance is no longer cool
Haha you mean young half cast polithiefcian children grin grin grin

Idiot.... What tourist in his right senses would come to Nigeria?
... If you were a tourist, exactly what are you coming to Nigeria to see?

2 Likes

Re: Cars, Auto Dealers & $ Dollar - Naira Exchange Rate: How Are You Coping? by lekki1444: 7:17pm On Nov 26, 2020
tonididdy:

Haha you mean young half cast polithiefcian children grin grin grin

Idiot.... What tourist in his right senses would come to Nigeria?
... If you were a tourist, exactly what are you coming to Nigeria to see?
bro just because you are suffering does not mean all of nigeria is suffering. try to understand that. many people are enjoying nigeria so much
Re: Cars, Auto Dealers & $ Dollar - Naira Exchange Rate: How Are You Coping? by Trustme2(m): 7:55pm On Nov 26, 2020
Lucas4903:

Like I said bro. Dont go there at all. The dealers are business men and they should make good profit i am not against them. But this is what I have done time and time again. They are lies because u have believed what u want to believe. Ain't arguing jaree. Best of luck
Next time don't make unsubstantiated statement. Someone just gave you a poser to import 20 Units for him, now you're singing another song. Some people will see your statement and assume dealers are making unreasonable profit. Import 20 Units for someone now you don't change mouth

1 Like

Re: Cars, Auto Dealers & $ Dollar - Naira Exchange Rate: How Are You Coping? by peeps4u: 8:11pm On Nov 26, 2020
PotatoSalad:

You look at what the person earns and forgot about inflation.
PlayStation 5 is 240k @480/$ when it shouldn't be more than 80k.
Always look at inflation. Even if the increased rate favours your earnings, you aren't gaining much if price of items are 5x their original price.

Yes, the inflation rates will still not affect anyone who earns in dollars.

You're only looking at it from meagre earning. If you're earning good cash in dollars from Nigeria, falling naira will be in your advantage. Do you buy ps5 everyday or car everyday? How much is onions that will erase the advantage you have when you earn abiut $1k weekly? Imagine earning $4k in a month and you're saying you will care about the price of onions of Ps5.

You're immune to inflation if you earn in dollars while naira crashes.

Do you know you can even buy all these things like ps5 and cars online with the dollars you earn? It is worth of naira that makes these items that costly so what's the fuss about these times when you already have dollars and no need to buy dollars to buy these items.

Move with people who earn online, they won't join you lament naira crash.

1 Like

Re: Cars, Auto Dealers & $ Dollar - Naira Exchange Rate: How Are You Coping? by gbemishile: 8:13pm On Nov 26, 2020
For now this is bye bye to IT certifications.
Cisco and CompTIA refuse to lower their certification prices,only making the videos and lessons free.exchange rate for theses certs is a 100k plus.have sat for the exams twice.i spent almost 125k last time but e knack me for ground.i almost ran mad.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

EYE POPPING CARS; NAIRALAND AUTOSHOP. PRE-ORDER THE CAR OF YOUR DREAMS FROM USA! / N1.3b Mansory Bugatti Veyron Vivere Diamond Edition Spotted At R.Mugabe Airport / Process Your Tinted Glass Doctor's Report Here

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.