Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,785 members, 7,941,955 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 04:36 PM

Gowon Breaks Silence On UK Parliament’s Claims That He Stole Half Of CBN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gowon Breaks Silence On UK Parliament’s Claims That He Stole Half Of CBN (393 Views)

Peter Obi Breaks Silence On UK Ordeal, Apapa & Lai Mohammed's Statement / UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' / EndSARS Protesters Who Kept Vigil In Front Of CBN HQ Under Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Gowon Breaks Silence On UK Parliament’s Claims That He Stole Half Of CBN by MrTAnonymous(m): 11:56am On Nov 26, 2020
Former Nigeria head of state, Yakubu Gowon, has denied allegations that he took to the United Kingdom “half of the Central Bank of Nigeria”.

A member of the UK Parliament, Tom Tugendhat, made the claims during a debate on the Lekki tollgate shootings of protesters.

Tugendhat remarked that “we know that today, even now, in this great city of ours, there are, sadly, some people who have taken from the Nigerian people and hidden their ill-gotten gains here.” He said Gowon was one of them. According to him, Gowon took half of the CBN to the UK.

However, in an interview with the BBC, Gowon described the allegations as “rubbish”.

He said: “What the MP said is rubbish. I don’t know where he got that rubbish from. I served Nigeria diligently and my records are there for all to see.

“I did not want to speak on this issue because people that know me know that what the MP said is not true.”

Gowon was Nigeria’s Head of State from 1966 to 1975.

www.dailypost.ng/2020/11/26/gowon-breaks-silence-on-uk-parliaments-claims-he-stole-half-of-central-bank/

https://www.arise.tv/former-nigerian-leader-gowon-denies-stealing-half-of-central-bank/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 OAM4J

1 Like

Re: Gowon Breaks Silence On UK Parliament’s Claims That He Stole Half Of CBN by MrTAnonymous(m): 12:00pm On Nov 26, 2020
Both past and present rulers of Nigeria are pathetic liars. embarassed

Incase you don't know na me talk

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gowon Breaks Silence On UK Parliament’s Claims That He Stole Half Of CBN by naijadrivablog: 12:06pm On Nov 26, 2020
As far as Africa is concerned, I can vouch for ANY politician. If they were "good leaders", Africa would have been great.
Re: Gowon Breaks Silence On UK Parliament’s Claims That He Stole Half Of CBN by SpecialAdviser(m): 12:06pm On Nov 26, 2020
Gowon should do the needful and sue who accused him. Not crying to us or denying by mere statements.

I have never seen a thief who admits until you subject him to court investigation.

Truth is that the UK government has been building its empire from loots all over Africa. Past and present Nigerian leaders have sold us out. Again, even if Gowon didn't steal half of CBN, it could have been quarter. IBB may have stolen half. Abacha 2/3rd. Jonathan and Obasanjo all. All na thief thief

All past and present Nigerian leaders have stolen us dry, that is the base of the story.

And for I.di.ots who come online to defend anybody, may God have mercy on you.

1 Like

Re: Gowon Breaks Silence On UK Parliament’s Claims That He Stole Half Of CBN by giftedben: 12:20pm On Nov 26, 2020
Yakubu Gowon is a big thief and a liar.
Re: Gowon Breaks Silence On UK Parliament’s Claims That He Stole Half Of CBN by Fahdiga(m): 12:33pm On Nov 26, 2020
Will a thief agree that he is a thief
Re: Gowon Breaks Silence On UK Parliament’s Claims That He Stole Half Of CBN by Mynd44: 1:33pm On Nov 26, 2020

(1)

2023 South East APC Presidency Project; An Open Letter To Gov Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi / The Voice Of One Crying In The Wilderness: Fifth Memo To Asiwaju Bola Tinubu / Schoolboy Molestation: We Won’t Cover Up Immoral Act, Says Deeper Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.