Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,877 members, 7,889,922 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 02:29 AM

My Bad Experience At Nafdac's Office In Ilorin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Bad Experience At Nafdac's Office In Ilorin (525 Views)

My Personal Experience At Apple Junction During Peter Obi's Rally / Osun Election: PDP Supporters Celebrating At INEC Office In Osogbo (Photos) / My Bad Experience During Voter's Card Registration In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Bad Experience At Nafdac's Office In Ilorin by bilms(m): 1:29pm On Nov 27, 2020
*My bad experience at Nafdac's office in Ilorin*

_A Nafdac staff in Ilorin didn't treat us well, she kept us sitting for over an hour. Actually, she didn't attend to me at all, another person eventually did and I am wondering if this is the standard practice in Nafdac._

Nafdac as an organization has been an abstract term for me, because I only see and hear about the organization from distance.

Apart from reading about them in the news, there was never a time I had any first hand encounter with the organization.

However, all that changed today and the experience wasn't a pleasant one.

Since the beginning of this week, I have been trying to create time to visit Nafdac's office in Ilorin for some inquiry, but due to numerous engagements, I couldn't create time until today, 26th November, 2020.

As a person who love to be guided by standard and regulation, i made it mandatory on myself to get appropriate direction from relevant institutions before embarking on any venture and in this case, Nafdac has a role to play, hence my decision to visit their office for inquiry.

This morning, at exactly 9:30 am, I and my partner drove down to the federal Secretariat Ilorin, where Nafdac's office is located and by 9:45am, we were already at the Secretariat.

Our aim was to make a simple inquiry, which wouldn't take more than 5 minutes, but it turned out that things wouldn't be that easy.

Upon getting to the office, the security lady who first attended to us was very civil and active.

A simple explanation about our mission instantly drove her into action. She went into the office to convey our presence to the appropriate personel hoping for quick response, but when she returned from the office, instead of ushering us in to make our inquiry and leave, we were given what looked like a bad news, "please seat down and wait".

Upon further inquiry, we were made to understand that the oga madam, who was supposed to attend to us wanted to eat and we have to wait for her to finish eating.

All we wanted to ask about wouldn't take 5 minutes we said, but the security lady prevailed on us to exercise some patience, as she was under strict instructions, which she has to comply with.

Ten, Twenty and 30 minutes later, this oga madam didn't finish eating.

We prevailed on the security lady to notify her oga madam, that all we wanted to inquire about wouldn't take 5 minutes, because our idle sitting is at the expense of other important task waiting for our attention.

The security lady went in and come out with a sad face, more like someone that had been scolded by the oga madam.

The deligent security lady shielded her pain and frustration, while calming us down in the most excellent manner, but we could see it through her eyes.

The oga madam has most likely been intimidating and diminishing her self worth over time and that's probably what repeated itself today.

At some point, she had to explain that, she had tried to reach out to some other people to attend to us, but they often refer her back to the same oga madam and there's nothing she can do, other than plead with us to remain patient.

As this back and forth continued for 30 minutes, my partner had to leave me there to attend to an urgent call.

Surprisingly, after my partner left, I thought I would just spend few more minutes and sort out our inquiry, but I still spent another 30 minutes waiting for this oga madam and yet, she never finished eating.

At some point, I was forced to ask myself, if she was eating elephant.

It occurred to me that this has nothing to do with eating, but more about general poor attitude to work.

Anyway, the deligent security lady actually saw my restlessness and was doing everything possible to get someone to attend to me as soon as possible.

She went upstairs to a director's office and fortunately got someone who was willing to attend to me and I was taken to his office.

This excellent official offered me a seat and apologizes for my bad experience, meaning that the security lady must have told him about the situation.

He responded to my short inquiry, which actually took less than a minute and provided valuable lead and direction. I later learnt his name is Mr Muhammed and I say a very big thank you to this official.

If not for the deligent security lady, who is actually not Nafdac's staff, and Mr Muhammed who later attended to me, I don't know how I would have described my experience with Nafdac.

Nonetheless, this encounter with Nafdac's office in Ilorin is to say the least, frustrating.

A Nafdac staff in Ilorin didn't treat us well, she kept us sitting for over an hour. Actually, she didn't attend to me at all, another person eventually did and I am wondering if this is the standard practice in Nafdac.

*Abdulrazaq Hamzat*

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience At Nafdac's Office In Ilorin by Fahdiga(m): 1:41pm On Nov 27, 2020
NAFDAC died with Dora Akunyili of blessed memory

2 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience At Nafdac's Office In Ilorin by doggedfighter(f): 1:49pm On Nov 27, 2020
C
Re: My Bad Experience At Nafdac's Office In Ilorin by pointstores(m): 1:50pm On Nov 27, 2020
Nawa
Re: My Bad Experience At Nafdac's Office In Ilorin by phorget(m): 2:03pm On Nov 27, 2020
Shebi nah woman, ones they attain some level of elevation then the peacork proudness in them overshadows their sense of reasoning.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bad Experience At Nafdac's Office In Ilorin by ehinmowo: 7:53pm On Nov 27, 2020
You will hate this country when you meet with some civil servants. So stupid.

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience At Nafdac's Office In Ilorin by amakadlite(f): 8:19pm On Nov 27, 2020
you can imagine what life would be if one depends on this woman.
Re: My Bad Experience At Nafdac's Office In Ilorin by ThatFairGuy1: 8:35pm On Nov 27, 2020
Fahdiga:
NAFDAC died with Dora Akunyili of blessed memory
It's everywhere not only NAFDAC

phorget:
Shebi nah woman, ones they attain some level of elevation then the peacork proudness in them overshadows their sense of reasoning.
This is not gender based.
Some are just that inhumane, once they attain some level of authority, pride sets in
Re: My Bad Experience At Nafdac's Office In Ilorin by austine4real(m): 9:25pm On Nov 27, 2020
sad angry

Sorry for that

Man know man thing na e cause this
Re: My Bad Experience At Nafdac's Office In Ilorin by bilms(m): 4:08am On Nov 28, 2020
angry
Re: My Bad Experience At Nafdac's Office In Ilorin by amidel(m): 4:36am On Nov 28, 2020
This is how people act in a lot of government organizations (the few I've been to).
It's even worse in universities, Non-academic staff will frustrate your life because of simple question and their signature you need to complete registration angry

I hope things change for the best.
Re: My Bad Experience At Nafdac's Office In Ilorin by olaboy33(m): 5:24am On Nov 28, 2020
Civil servants would do worse if they're in an elected position.
Re: My Bad Experience At Nafdac's Office In Ilorin by Emeks008(m): 6:35am On Nov 28, 2020
Bro, it's everywhere ooo.

Some government offices are no go area.
They will treat you as if you are nobody. Some of them feel like king the moment they attain some certain position.

other news, For your factory set up and engineering services, call us today.

For more details, check in to the thread below.
https://www.nairaland.com/6284388/industrial-engineering-service
Re: My Bad Experience At Nafdac's Office In Ilorin by bilms(m): 5:23pm On Nov 29, 2020
shocked

(1) (Reply)

Video: Port Hacourt Resumes END SARS Protest In A Bloody Way / Mixed Reactions As Reno Implored Donald Trump To Leave Office / No Date For Appointment Of New IGP- Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.