Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,824 members, 7,872,763 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:22 PM

Jonathan To Buhari: Don’t Malign My Wife - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Buhari: Don’t Malign My Wife (9189 Views)

Buhari Don’t Hate Ndigbo – Femi Adesina / Ohanaeze To Buhari: Don’t Stop Work On Second Niger Bridge / Ateke Tom Warn Buhari: Don’t Scrap Amnesty Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan To Buhari: Don’t Malign My Wife by Blazing99: 12:14pm On Mar 22, 2011
hbrednic:

Binladen Buhari aka BB is an expired candidate.

GEJ is the answer,use your vote wisely
hbrednic:

Binladen Buhari aka BB is an expired candidate.

GEJ is the answer,use your vote wisely

You talk as if your reasoning quota in your brain has expired. Continue supporting corruption
Re: Jonathan To Buhari: Don’t Malign My Wife by Eziachi: 12:15pm On Mar 22, 2011
How can Omeri's accusation against Buhari that made every front page and inside pages with numerous other analysis of it and lasted for days be made without Jonathan knowing about it?

And when Jonathan eventually finds out how his campaign train is running without him onboard, what did he do? Did he fired Omeri and apologised to Buhari? No!
Your dear president must have enjoyed the publicity of his opponent being tied with the brush of corruption which is one thing Nigeria knew him to be an anti crusader.

Its only when Jonathan got the response he never expected from his opponent that he woke up to notice where his campaign train is heading and he does what he does best- denied any knowledge.

- Jonathan told the whole world that he spoke to Yar Adua while he was in Saudi and now we knwe that was a total falsehood.

-Jonathan bribed Bakare and his group with $50k and till this very moment, Jonathan is yet to explain this raw cash and its source.

What next? Tomorrow he will tell us that the budget he signed last week, was his signature but the pen belongs someone else, therefore he did not sign anything.
Its one lie after another from day one. One denial after another from the outset.
Re: Jonathan To Buhari: Don’t Malign My Wife by Pataki: 12:16pm On Mar 22, 2011
www.nairaland.com/attachments/410614_Dame_patience_jpg1572eb12f0be72290963a42f702499b2
There is s also a petition against the Governor of Bayelsa’s wife. She was involved in laundering the sum of one hundred and four million into foreign account. She is also being investigated.

Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, September 27, 2006.

Maybe they think Nigerians now forget history.  grin
Re: Jonathan To Buhari: Don’t Malign My Wife by Beaf: 12:20pm On Mar 22, 2011
Re: Jonathan To Buhari: Don’t Malign My Wife by bjgoke: 12:24pm On Mar 22, 2011
By the law of Agency any utterances or action taken by an agent on behalf of his principal is binding on the principal. GEJ should inward look inward. Eyin ikule ni ota wa inu ile ni aseni ngbe. a word is enuf for the wise. smiley
Re: Jonathan To Buhari: Don’t Malign My Wife by EnuguUkwu: 12:27pm On Mar 22, 2011
Presidency: Ribadu Cleared Jonathan’s Wife of Graft

The Presidency Monday again pleaded with political opponents of President Goodluck Jonathan to conduct issues-based campaign and desist from mudslinging and peddling falsehood against persons, especially the president and his wife, Patience.
The appeal followed a publication imputing corruption against the First Lady on an allegation that she had already been cleared by former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, who is also the presidential candidate of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN).
A statement from the Senior Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Ima Niboro, regretted that General Muhammadu Buhari was allegedly attacked in a statement by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) campaign team and in response, his campaign organisation resorted to “outright use of falsehood” to tarnish the image of Mrs Jonathan.
According to Niboro, the most embarrassing aspect of the allegation was that it had been widely reported that Ribadu denied ever investigating the First Lady.
He said that every Nigerian was aware of the stance of the president on campaigns which is to centre on issues and avoid personal attacks like the mudslinging the opposition had resorted to.
Niboro said: "Our attention has been drawn to a statement in the media today in which the spokesman for the Muhammadu Buhari Campaign organization regrettably sought to cast aspersions on President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan and the First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, over a matter that was laid to rest last year.
"Responding to an unfortunate statement from the PDP presidential campaign office which was certainly not authorized by President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan who abhors all forms of political mudslinging, Mr. Yinka Odumakin sadly chose to ignore facts that are of common knowledge and invoke falsehood, spurious insinuations and accusations.
"Mr. Odumakin cannot claim to be unaware that speaking with journalists on September 15, last year Mallam Ribadu who is now a presidential candidate himself, said as follows: 'I never handled a case against Patience Jonathan, never; it’s a lie. You know it is so sad because in our country this is how we go about maligning people. But today thank God I am not in his government. So, I can open up and talk. If I were to say it earlier people would have thought that I was looking for job from President Goodluck Jonathan. I am not looking for anything. But the truth must be told.”
Continuing on the words of Ribadu which cleared the First Lady, Niboro quoted him: “The case had to do with a lady and a man who lodged huge sums of money in the bank. The EFCC was alerted by the bank and an investigation was carried out. It was found that they legitimately earned the money through contracts executed in the state.
"All the reports in the media were lies. For instance, it was initially reported that N70 million was lodged into the bank. Later, it was reported that the money ran into millions of dollars. Such was the extent of the lies. We never handled a case against Patience Jonathan.”
He quoted reports from The Nation of September 16, 2010 and THISDAY of September 17, 2010.
He wondered how any reasoning mind could, after such widely publicised clarifications on the matter, still go ahead as if on a vengeance mission to publish falsehoods against an innocent person.
Re: Jonathan To Buhari: Don’t Malign My Wife by Dreamchaser1(f): 12:35pm On Mar 22, 2011
See how peeps on NL are insulting my GEJ! April do come o, make we know say no be insults them they use win elections.

GEJ all the way!!!
Re: Jonathan To Buhari: Don’t Malign My Wife by Orikinla(m): 12:37pm On Mar 22, 2011
“Abia is number one (of corrupt state) not because it is number one alphabetically, but because we have one of the biggest established cases of stealing, money laundering, diversion of fund against Governor Kalu. The governor used his mother, daughter, wife and brother to divert N35billion to build his business empire including Slok Airlines, Slok Pharmaceuticals and newspaper house…Governor Bola Ahmed Tinubu corruption is of international dimension.There is s also a petition against the Governor of Bayelsa’s wife. She was involved in laundering the sum of one hundred and four million into foreign account. She is also being investigated.”
~ Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, during the plenary section of the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria which held on September 27, 2006.

The case is suit number FHC/ABJ/M/340/06 filed on August 21, 2007 at the Federal High Court, Abuja.
Re: Jonathan To Buhari: Don’t Malign My Wife by Eziachi: 12:40pm On Mar 22, 2011
@Enugu Ukwu,
I thought its the court that clears someone of wrong doing not a person from an agency.
We still want an explanation about the $50k money for taxi fare, at least they did not deny that it happened as they normally do but differs on what the money is for.
Re: Jonathan To Buhari: Don’t Malign My Wife by BetaThings: 12:48pm On Mar 22, 2011
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5565603-146/patience_we_are_watching.csp

"Beyond pillow talk

There have been reports that Mrs. Jonathan’s input into her husband’s cabinet goes beyond ‘pillow talk’, to her also nominating people into the cabinet. But we are watching. Nigerians will remember how in August 2006, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) agents seized N104 million from one Nancy Ebere Nwosu, said to be an associate of Mrs. Jonathan. On 22 August, 2006, Justice Anwuli Chikere, of the Federal High Court, gave the commission legal backing to retain the money pending the conclusion of investigation.

On 11 September of the same year, a whopping $13.5 million was seized from Patience Jonathan herself by the agency. The investigation into these two cases are still outstanding as at this moment. Furthermore, the Council on Foreign Relations, in a report on the April 2007 elections in Bayelsa State, said that Patience Jonathan was regarded as the “greediest person in Bayelsa State.”"

If Ribadu exoneration of Tinubu does not hold water, why should that of Patience be accepted
The Nwosu cause was charged to court
Buhari is not maligning anybody, the case went to court!
Re: Jonathan To Buhari: Don’t Malign My Wife by EnuguUkwu: 12:53pm On Mar 22, 2011
Eziachi:

@Enugu Ukwu,
I thought its the court that clears someone of wrong doing not a person from an agency.
We still want an explanation about the $50k money for taxi fare, at least they did not deny that it happened as they normally do but differs on what the money is for.

Really? No be your same Ribadu cleared the same Tinubu?
Re: Jonathan To Buhari: Don’t Malign My Wife by BetaThings: 1:17pm On Mar 22, 2011
Enugu_Ukwu:

Really? No be your same Ribadu cleared the same Tinubu?
Take one - he exonerated both of them
or both of them are guilty
Fact remains that MONEY WAS SEIZED FROM DAME PATIENCE, 1st lady, FRN up to May 28 2011
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5565603-146/patience_we_are_watching.csp

On 11 September of the same year, a whopping $13.5 million was seized from Patience Jonathan herself by the agency. The investigation into these two cases are still outstanding as at this moment. Furthermore, the Council on Foreign Relations, in a report on the April 2007 elections in Bayelsa State, said that Patience Jonathan was regarded as the “greediest person in Bayelsa State.”
Re: Jonathan To Buhari: Don’t Malign My Wife by otokx(m): 1:20pm On Mar 22, 2011
$13.5 million - and yet this man has refused to implement minimum wage.
Re: Jonathan To Buhari: Don’t Malign My Wife by solihu(m): 2:48pm On Mar 22, 2011
Chai! Stupidity get levels I swear, Jo' boy own reach hiroshima.
Re: Jonathan To Buhari: Don’t Malign My Wife by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 22, 2011
Re: Jonathan To Buhari: Don’t Malign My Wife by sley4life(m): 3:54pm On Mar 22, 2011
bb is heading in part of destruction. lets c who laff last
Re: Jonathan To Buhari: Don’t Malign My Wife by BetaThings: 4:15pm On Mar 22, 2011
EFCC filed charges in a suit number FHC/ABJ/M/340/06 filed on August 21, 2007 at the Federal High Court, Abuja. In the suit, Mrs. Patience Jonathan, was named as an accomplice in the N104million-money laundering case involving Mrs. Nancy Ebere Nwosu. The said money as reveled by EFCC then was on the order of Mrs Patience Goodluck, laundered into a First Bank of Nigeria account number 3292010060711 held in the name of Nansolyvan Public Relations Limited by one Hanner Offor. As a result, the EFCC’s affidavit used in supporting the suit’s originating summons, filed by the EFCC prosecuting counsel, Ofem Uket declared that:

Our investigations revealed that Mrs. Patience Jonathan, wife of the Governor of Bayelsa State, was the person who instructed one Hanner Offor to launder the said sum of N104, 000, 000 into the account of Nansolyvan Public Relations Limited with First Bank of Nigeria Plc (FBN), Niger House, Marina, Lagos.”

The matter never lay to rest
Re: Jonathan To Buhari: Don’t Malign My Wife by EnuguUkwu: 4:42pm On Mar 22, 2011
^

So, you still want to vote for Ribadu? a lier then?
Re: Jonathan To Buhari: Don’t Malign My Wife by dayokanu(m): 5:58pm On Mar 22, 2011
So who was Omeri representing?

Odechukwu has taken cluelessness to a new height
Re: Jonathan To Buhari: Don’t Malign My Wife by BetaThings: 8:17pm On Mar 22, 2011
Enugu_Ukwu:

^

So, you still want to vote for Ribadu? a lier then?
Maybe not
But what about you? Do you still want to vote for GEJ, husband of a money launderer?
Re: Jonathan To Buhari: Don’t Malign My Wife by BetaThings: 8:22pm On Mar 22, 2011
dayokanu:

So who was Omeri representing?

Odechukwu has taken cluelessness to a new height
The trick is this. Ask anyone (apart from Niboro) to malign GEJ's opponent. If it does not backfire, the damage to the credibility of the opponent benefits GEJ
It it backfires, Niboro comes out to deny it. Now not everyone who heard the first story will even get to hear of Niboro's denial
A cheap chameleonic trick by the untrustworthy. Any wonder he can only debate with himself?
Re: Jonathan To Buhari: Don’t Malign My Wife by iyayio: 10:49pm On Mar 22, 2011
I am very sure these Presidential Candidates relax at wine bars with Moet in thieir system to laugh at Nigerians wasting time and energy over interest in their various controversies.
Re: Jonathan To Buhari: Don’t Malign My Wife by newbreed1: 8:37am On Mar 23, 2011
[color=#006600][/color]Jona Ole! Jona Ole!! Jona Ole!!!

It is piling up now

1. Personally rigged by voting 4 times
2. $50000 fuel money given 2 Bakare but was rejected (bribe). Crime: money stolen from our treasury and spent recklessly
3. Embezzlement of Bayelsa state treasury. (Poor people of Bayelsa)
4. Has a a thiefing & ole wife dat went to school of thiefery. English wasn't taught in dat school.
5. $15k & $7k bribe for delegates votes according to d american intelligence.
6. Associate of thieves IBB, Aneni, Atiku, OBJ, B Georgee, (Damn dis guy's learning fast)[/font]

i love this, so our president na ogbologbo th**f , i dey cry
Re: Jonathan To Buhari: Don’t Malign My Wife by lookmangiw(m): 10:09am On Mar 23, 2011
I was not born rich,i had no shoes,i never thought i will be were i am today,if i can make it,you can make-Goodluck jonathan.WHATS MY BUSINESS WITH THESE WORDS.WILL THESE BRING FOOD TO MY TABLE.
Re: Jonathan To Buhari: Don’t Malign My Wife by humebuloe: 10:21am On Mar 23, 2011
I wonder most times where the so-called leaders put their head.As shame has gone out of most of them why they tell lies to achieve selfish purpose, Conscience is an open wound,only truth can heal it.
Re: Jonathan To Buhari: Don’t Malign My Wife by drstone1: 12:28pm On Mar 23, 2011
It is the mark of Pettiness to malign GEJ's Wife just because Her husband has not closed her up like other aspirant's wives up North!["KULLE"in Hausa language]. GEJ in every word stands for the gender freedom and empowerment we all yearn for and am sure also more than 30milllion northern women up north would love to experience same!
Re: Jonathan To Buhari: Don’t Malign My Wife by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 24, 2011
^^^ i disagree with your premise ,
standing for gender freedom ko,
Re: Jonathan To Buhari: Don’t Malign My Wife by Teejayz(m): 10:52am On Mar 26, 2011
;DI ate beef this mornin cos he knows the truth,but yet he's to arrogant to admit it!
Re: Jonathan To Buhari: Don’t Malign My Wife by juman(m): 12:40pm On Mar 26, 2011
Vote President Jonathan. He is the God's choice.

Say Jonathan.
Re: Jonathan To Buhari: Don’t Malign My Wife by monkeyleg: 1:09pm On Mar 26, 2011
^^^ How did you work out that he is God's choice?

People just deceive themselves for nothing.

Patience doesnt need help, she is doing a very good job messing herself up. So Goddy should go and sit down
Re: Jonathan To Buhari: Don’t Malign My Wife by topeotk: 8:37pm On Jan 31, 2015
We just didn't read the handwriting on the wall then.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Invite Omoyele Sowore, Again / Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) / ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.