Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,245 members, 7,947,234 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 02:49 PM

Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly (30556 Views)

House Of Reps Seeks Prison Sentence; N5m Fine For Nigerians Refusing Anthem / Sale Mamman: Nigerians To Get Electricity Through Solar Systems / Saraki Doles Out N5m For Ailing Actors, Promises To Transform Nollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by BastardWike: 12:03pm On Nov 30, 2020
Proton99:

Opinion or fact?

Solar is expensive and not scalable.

t. Energyman

I don't know what you mean by expensive and not scalable.

I have been using solar system exclusively in my office for over two years now. I also use it alongside PHCN at home. Having used generators for years before switching to solar, I can tell you that solar system is far cheaper than using generator. With the increase in fuel and power tariff, it becomes even far better now.

Nigerians will only consider the hundreds of thousands or a couple of millions they spend on solar system as expensive but they forget they will recover it over the years.

Anyone who has the means in Nigeria and still not using solar system is not smart all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by LikeAking: 12:34pm On Nov 30, 2020
when are they starting this business?
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by seunayantokun(m): 12:43pm On Nov 30, 2020
Something that private businesses should do? Na wa o
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by Sibrah: 1:07pm On Nov 30, 2020
ivandragon:
It's not a bad move.

However, the repayment cost is too high especially since it seems designed to serve those in rural areas where, more often than not, the very poor people stay.

If repayment should be reduced to #2000 or the repayment period spread over a longer duration so the repayment costs will be less...
N4000 times 12months times 3 years is N144k. That isn't too much in my opinion. People charge their gadgets for around N50(don't know the exact price now) in some of these locations. N50 times 10 charge a month is N500.
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by Regie2bless: 2:01pm On Nov 30, 2020
Another looting format
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 30, 2020
Iconstar:
grin

Talk is cheap. Useless kwantry. Useless government.

Don't be quick to say that. I trust Osibanjo on this. He seems to be an humanitarian by nature.

That is one top-government official I can confidently say, has human feelings, in large proportions.
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by Frank0806(m): 2:53pm On Nov 30, 2020
After looting Nigeria finish they want to loot nature abi.....I SWEAR WE ARE CURSED WITH BAD LEADERS
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by Nobody: 3:02pm On Nov 30, 2020
Very Good, now they should get back to work and start the project, this solar project has been long overdue, do you know how much cost it would save on petroleum we consume, then we wouldn't need to refine so much petroleum, and less carbon emmission in the environment, not to talk of the jobs and productivity it creates,

Nigeria should look into electrical vehicle manufacturing, innoson and the rest should produce EV cars, so we can be leading automobiles in africa, in future Nigeria will be able to export her products to the rest of africa. Think of how much we spend on foreign cars and Naira keeps falling everyday, and we wonder why,

look at America, their dollar is backed by their inventions and companies, today china is the biggest threat to the us, because they were able to build their own inventions, and even down to their social media, we still dont know how much instagram, facebook, google, apple, microsoft, samsung, etc make from us. the key to Nigeria's development has to be Nigerian products.

PS. if you are buying any brand new petroleum vehicle just know it would be useless 10 years from now, its h , the world is changing is high time we move.
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by bluefilm: 3:28pm On Nov 30, 2020
uniqueboi1:

Aboki. You are ignored forever.

Onye ara. sad
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by ojokolax: 4:04pm On Nov 30, 2020
The federal government aims to improve the power situation across the country and that is why they have come up with such a laudable scheme with aims to empower people in the rural areas especially those not on the national grid. Although the information is that 5 million homes would benefit with the expectation that 25 million people would benefit.
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by Joyce95: 4:04pm On Nov 30, 2020
Another great opportunity is here again, Access to Energy power solar system and the laudable achievement of Buhari/Osinbajo administration
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by Thunder1010: 4:11pm On Nov 30, 2020
This is one of the achievements of the Economic sustainability committee chaired by Prof Yemi Osinbajo. The initiative will solve the problem of inadequate power supply that is causing setback for our country. Good job.
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by writeprof(m): 5:01pm On Nov 30, 2020
This must be bye bye to 24 hour electricity supply.
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by Mihzwhitesutana(f): 5:14pm On Nov 30, 2020
saintbillion:
25 Million Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/11/25m-nigerians-to-own-n5m-solar-systems-at-n4000-monthly/amp/
Maybe goverment will truely subsidize it
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by emmimuta: 5:35pm On Nov 30, 2020
We shall see.... Action is what matters..
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by einsteine(m): 6:25pm On Nov 30, 2020
OneTemplate:

They are not "billing"for solar power. Read again. The 4k per month appears to be instalment payment towards households permanently owning a #5million solar power system.

It is a good and commendable plan if corruption does not compromise it because a 5 million solar system should be quite powerful enough to deal with all the electricity needs of a household minus AC. It is clean and fuel-free energy also

You are wrong.

It is not a 5 million naira solar system.

They are targeting 5 million solar connections. It's actually low energy solar systems. 5 million is the number not the amount
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by Daftyouth(m): 7:28pm On Nov 30, 2020
Sotay, i been think sey na only one Solar System dey. But na who own Alpha century system? undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by AndroBlaze: 9:07pm On Nov 30, 2020
Farki:

Solar power won't work at night or during cloud cover in the rainy season and fog of Harmattan so it's not even going to deliver 24/7 electricity. A combination of wind and solar with inverters is the way to go.

So we are arguing for arguing sake now?

Where did anyone indicate that solar power without a source to store the power would provide 24/7 electricity?

But I guess in order to belittle everything the government does you chose to skip the part where they mentioned that 72 batteries were involved in the electrification project.

Only those who know very little about solar would need everything spelt out for them.
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by Farki: 9:37pm On Nov 30, 2020
AndroBlaze:

So we are arguing for arguing sake now?

Where did anyone indicate that solar power without a source to store the power would provide 24/7 electricity?

But I guess in order to belittle everything the government does you chose to skip the part where they mentioned that 72 batteries were involved in the electrification project.

Only those who know very little about solar would need everything spelt out for them.

I use solar panels in my house for the past 6 years, even at night the batteries won't withstand regular consumption on a full charge and that's without turning on the fridge and other heavy appliances.

I don't know why you're so aggressive when I'm just giving my own opinion based on my experience with solar energy. If you don't like my suggestion to have a more comprehensive power cover fine, I'm sure the government knows what they are doing since they have handled the electricity situation so well.
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by iluvdonjazzy: 9:51pm On Nov 30, 2020
georgeakins:

Do you have air conditioner in your house? Stop talking trash here.
I don't blame you, I blamed your mother that refused to abort you thinking she is carrying a human but she never knew she is carrying an animal.
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by edoairways: 9:57pm On Nov 30, 2020
Sibrah:

N4000 times 12months times 3 years is N144k. That isn't too much in my opinion. People charge their gadgets for around N50(don't know the exact price now) in some of these locations. N50 times 10 charge a month is N500.
Still expensive
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by calcal: 2:05am On Dec 01, 2020
25 million rich Nigerians.
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by ivandragon: 5:12am On Dec 01, 2020
Sibrah:

#4000 a month is a lot for people who live on less than a dollar a day.
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by Kingjay5(m): 8:23am On Dec 01, 2020
Well I have a lumos MTN solar, I pay 4500 every month, I gladly pay but can't use it to power my tv. If the power it generates can power a lot of things , it will be nice but if not, is a no from here. An average nigerian deserves more.
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by orisa37: 2:30pm On Dec 01, 2020
This V.P is a Standard INSTRUCTOR. IN THIS VENTURE, THERE ARE

PRODUCT

DISTRIBUTION

MARKETING

PRICING AND

SATISFACTION.

PDMPS

THANK YOU PYO !!!
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by orisa37: 2:55pm On Dec 01, 2020
50 Clienteles is enough for One Follow up Maintenance Expert.. So we should expect about 500000 Jobs to be Created by this Venture.
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by naijadrivablog: 7:34pm On Dec 01, 2020
TheRareGem1:
There are some Nigerians who are not connected to the National grid as such, FG is ready to come to their aid by giving them an alternative means to electricity supply; solar energy. This will create jobs and upgrade the livelihood of some people. This token to be paid monthly is to maintain the panel.
Have you been to "Ofrima" before?
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 02, 2020
Glitzdasilva:
He's not as stupid as your useless, bastard, diseased father who was soo stupid he bleeped your prostitute mum without a condom.The useless man would have spared the world an idiot and worthless fellow like you. Cursed fellow from a cursed stupid family. cheesy

Where are you based?? Let us meet and I will need u to repeat this to my face.
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by nairamaniac: 7:55am On Dec 06, 2020
einsteine:

You are wrong.

It is not a 5 million naira solar system.

They are targeting 5 million solar connections. It's actually low energy solar systems. 5 million is the number not the amount

u are a wonderful person. can't u read?

where did you see 5million solar connections here??

its clearly stated that its 5million naira

even the link says the same: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/11/25m-nigerians-to-own-n5m-solar-systems-at-n4000-monthly/amp/
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by einsteine(m): 7:19am On Dec 08, 2020
nairamaniac:

u are a wonderful person. can't u read?

where did you see 5million solar connections here??

its clearly stated that its 5million naira

even the link says the same: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/11/25m-nigerians-to-own-n5m-solar-systems-at-n4000-monthly/amp/

You should take your own advice and read slowly. 5 million naira connections would not be offset by paying 4000 naira a month. Don't be silly.

The screenshot below is from the article. 5 million connections not 5 million naira worth of connections. Unfortunately, most of you only read headlines.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Funny Responses As Wike Endorses Sanwo-Olu For Second Term / Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso Visits Mariya Dantata (Photos). / Reuben Abati Caught Using Fake Pictures For GEJ Transformation Projects

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.