Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,663 members, 7,968,910 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 02:59 PM

Access Bank Public Offer - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Access Bank Public Offer (1879 Views)

Ecobank Transnational Incorporated Public Offer( Eti) / Afribank Public Offer / Hot! Dangote Flour Initial Public Offer Out Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Access Bank Public Offer by mjd(f): 8:42pm On Jun 28, 2007
Access BAnk Is A Good Buy Any Day
I think every investor who thinks of making fast money should invest in this fast growing BAnk.
If you buy even at N19.32 today you will be able to sell faster than those who will buy at N14.9 during the offer. Below are some of the reasons

In a race which began with over 90 banks in 2002 and from a distant position amongst the 4th division of banks, Access Bank Plc has emerged out of the vestiges of the consolidation exercise, no longer as a fourth division bank, but market leader  ranking in the league of the top 8 in the industry.

Industry analysts have described the Banks growth as unprecedented whilst competition has been impressed by the accomplishments the bank has mustered in less than 5 years. Prospective and existing Investors, rating agencies, regulatory authorities, shareholders, stakeholders and even competition are still commending the bank’s ability to survive and thrive in the face of the consolidation agenda birthed by the Central Bank of Nigeria and its ability to continue on its path of sustainable growth.

Mojeed JAmiu is Group Business Editor, Daily Independent Newspaper and an economic analyst with Channels TV and LTV 8
Re: Access Bank Public Offer by Michaeli: 9:10pm On Jun 28, 2007
Mjd ,
I don't totally agree,

Find below my previous posts on this,

'As per Access Bank offer , i have some reservations.

Granted those of us that invested when the shareprice was between N2-N3.5 , gained immensely from capital appreciation(this may not be unrelated to the recent general bullish trendsof the NSE) ,but a look at their last annual report would reveal some skeletons.

The bank was fined millions of naira for ,  insider trading , essentially the directors were taking loans and the loans were not performing. I'm certain this shouldn't repeat itself, but for the bunch of well educated &forward looking guys managing the place I didn't expect such.

So much for all the puffing about acquiring Union Bank ,Afribank etc,  Tell me guys here is the nearest Access bank branch to you?
Compare your answer to thenearest branch of Zenith,1st,Union,Oceanic,GTB etc.

So my verdict,  If Oceanic could come out for 13+ bucks , the access offer is slightly overpriced and the long term without a solid retail presence,  well.
In addition please note & note well that Access has the 3rd lowest EPS(earning per share ) in the sector(10.56), compare with 1st bank(338k) GTB(164k) Zenith(191k)Oceanic(102k)

Please note , this opinions are STRICTLY mine( I think I'm entitled to them)
Cheers,
Re: Access Bank Public Offer by oyibommm: 12:44am On Jun 29, 2007
well they do need the N70bn to expand their branch network, so its a step in the right direction.

(1) (Reply)

See Why Earth Is The Best Investment On Earth / Limited Plots For Sale At Lekki Scheme II After Abraham Adesanya / Western Union Flip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.