Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,830 members, 7,872,789 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:06 PM

Odumakin Begs Buhari, Asks Him To Do One Major Thing For Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Odumakin Begs Buhari, Asks Him To Do One Major Thing For Him (797 Views)

Governor Wike Begs Buhari Government: Please Forgive Us / Ghana Begs Buhari To Open Closed Border / Osun Election - Davido Begs Buhari: 'You Are Man Of Integrity Sir, Please Do..' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Odumakin Begs Buhari, Asks Him To Do One Major Thing For Him by bolaayenimo: 10:53am On Dec 02, 2020
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Yinka Odumakin, a former spokesman to President Muhammadu Buhari and National Publicity Secretary of pan- Yoruba socio-political organization, Afenifere has begged the President to do a major thing for him – restructure the country and give Nigerians good governance before he leaves office in 2023.

Speaking in an exclusive chat with Daily Independent, Odumakin said those who are accusing him of criticising the President because he was not the spokesman when Buhari won the election were wrong as he never collected a kobo from Buhari throughout his period as his spokesman.

According to him, even when Buhari , who was then the presidential candidate of the defunct Congress for Progressives Change (CPC) in the 2011 general elections promised to give him an official car as spokesman, he declined and took his personal car from Lagos to Abuja which he used during the electioneering period.

He added that even when Katsina state governor, Aminu Masari met him in Lagos and begged him to call the President, he declined because he wanted nothing from Buhari other than good governance.

“I do not have any regret not working as Buhari’s current spokesman. My prayer to God is that He should never let that day come in my life that I will I have to become a spokesman for this kind of presidency.”

I have to say this openly. Three years ago, the governor of Katsina, Aminu Masari came to Lagos and saw me at an event. He invited me to his room and said ‘When we were suffering, you are the people that suffered with us. Now we are enjoying, you are not with us. When last have you called oga (Buhari)?”

“ I said I have not spoken with him for a long time. He said I have to call him but I said I won’t! If he needs me, let him call me. He has eight years to use as President, five years has gone now, I am alive and doing fine. I don’t need it”.

“The only major thing I want from him is good governance and restructure the country before he leaves office. If they do what is good, I will commend them. I think they’ve done one good thing in five years and they got my commendation. That was when they acknowledged June 12 as Democracy Day and I commended them”.

But now, they started manipulating fuel prices against Nigerians. Because I worked with him before in 2011, I should now be saying ‘Mr. President, you have done well’. I am not a sycophant or somebody’s slave. I know what I stand for and I have my values”.

Speaking further, Odumakin said he initially declined the offer to be Buhari’s spokesman in 2011 but he was prevailed to accept the offer by the group he belonged to.

“I have a reason why I worked for him in 2011. I belonged to a group and my working for Buhari was a group decision, not my personal wish. In that group, the first he did was picking Pastor Tunde Bakare as his running mate. Later on, he said he wanted me to be his spokesman for the election”.

“Initially, I rejected the offer to be his spokesman because I didn’t know him. When I rejected it, Pastor Bakare said we can’t push only him out; that if I said I was not doing then he too won’t accept the running mate offer. The group then prevailed on me to accept. That was when I accepted. I was not looking for job".

"Sam Nda-Isaiah is alive. When I started working with General Buhari in 2011, they asked him to arrange a car for me but I took my own car from Lagos to Abuja to work for Buhari. They said he should start paying me some allowances”.

“Throughout that campaign, I didn’t collect a kobo. Let Sam Nda Isaiah say it openly if Yinka Odumakin collected one naira from him. I worked pro bono as Buhari’s spokesman throughout the period. We did it because we wanted good governance in the country. That’s the truth of the matter”.

https://www.independent.ng/odumakin-begs-buhari-asks-him-to-do-one-major-thing-for-him/

Re: Odumakin Begs Buhari, Asks Him To Do One Major Thing For Him by Bumpo2: 10:54am On Dec 02, 2020
Honestly, we badly need restructuring
Re: Odumakin Begs Buhari, Asks Him To Do One Major Thing For Him by Fahdiga(m): 10:54am On Dec 02, 2020
Restructuring Nigeria is a must or everyone goes their separate ways

1 Like

Re: Odumakin Begs Buhari, Asks Him To Do One Major Thing For Him by Gopro9: 10:55am On Dec 02, 2020
I have one request for said baba. He should resign with immediate effect

4 Likes

Re: Odumakin Begs Buhari, Asks Him To Do One Major Thing For Him by uptimum123(m): 10:58am On Dec 02, 2020
Gopro9:
I have one request for said baba. He should resign with immediate effect

Your wailing has just started

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Odumakin Begs Buhari, Asks Him To Do One Major Thing For Him by ILoveDemMANNA: 10:58am On Dec 02, 2020
The only major thing I want from him is good governance and restructure the country before he leaves office. If they do what is good, I will commend them. I think they’ve done one good thing in five years and they got my commendation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Odumakin Begs Buhari, Asks Him To Do One Major Thing For Him by Davash222(m): 10:59am On Dec 02, 2020
Our darling daddy is too busy with his cows and burukutu to listen to Odumakin's request.

-ZoneBs

2 Likes

Re: Odumakin Begs Buhari, Asks Him To Do One Major Thing For Him by hisexcellency34: 10:59am On Dec 02, 2020
The kind of curses Femi Adesina is receiving heeen...I pity the man oooo

1 Like

Re: Odumakin Begs Buhari, Asks Him To Do One Major Thing For Him by 175(m): 11:03am On Dec 02, 2020
Pipe dream. Not this administration. Very wicked, and insensitive Presidency.

The next campaign for Presidential Elections by APC will be so difficult. . . .due to this administration's kpungatus!
Re: Odumakin Begs Buhari, Asks Him To Do One Major Thing For Him by hisexcellency34: 11:23am On Dec 02, 2020
Serves them right!

175:
Pipe dream. Not this administration. Very wicked, and insensitive Presidency.

The next campaign for Presidential Elections by APC will be so difficult. . . .due to this administration's kpungatus!
Re: Odumakin Begs Buhari, Asks Him To Do One Major Thing For Him by etrouble: 11:28am On Dec 02, 2020
It's sad. Everyone is disappointed with Buhari. Even I a former Buharist is ashamed to identify with such a failure. I think Buhari's parents did all of us wrong by bringing such a monumental failure into the world. Just a condom would have saved the world this herdsman.
Re: Odumakin Begs Buhari, Asks Him To Do One Major Thing For Him by Rugaria: 11:30am On Dec 02, 2020
A hate filled man can't do an honest restructuring of the country. Buhari is on his way out. He will be gone soon and the needful will be done..

1 Like

Re: Odumakin Begs Buhari, Asks Him To Do One Major Thing For Him by Charmingrascal(m): 11:30am On Dec 02, 2020
bolaayenimo:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Yinka Odumakin, a former spokesman to President Muhammadu Buhari and National Publicity Secretary of pan- Yoruba socio-political organization, Afenifere has begged the President to do a major thing for him – restructure the country and give Nigerians good governance before he leaves office in 2023.

Speaking in an exclusive chat with Daily Independent, Odumakin said those who are accusing him of criticising the President because he was not the spokesman when Buhari won the election were wrong as he never collected a kobo from Buhari throughout his period as his spokesman.

According to him, even when Buhari , who was then the presidential candidate of the defunct Congress for Progressives Change (CPC) in the 2011 general elections promised to give him an official car as spokesman, he declined and took his personal car from Lagos to Abuja which he used during the electioneering period.

He added that even when Katsina state governor, Aminu Masari met him in Lagos and begged him to call the President, he declined because he wanted nothing from Buhari other than good governance.

“I do not have any regret not working as Buhari’s current spokesman. My prayer to God is that He should never let that day come in my life that I will I have to become a spokesman for this kind of presidency.”

I have to say this openly. Three years ago, the governor of Katsina, Aminu Masari came to Lagos and saw me at an event. He invited me to his room and said ‘When we were suffering, you are the people that suffered with us. Now we are enjoying, you are not with us. When last have you called oga (Buhari)?”

“ I said I have not spoken with him for a long time. He said I have to call him but I said I won’t! If he needs me, let him call me. He has eight years to use as President, five years has gone now, I am alive and doing fine. I don’t need it”.

“The only major thing I want from him is good governance and restructure the country before he leaves office. If they do what is good, I will commend them. I think they’ve done one good thing in five years and they got my commendation. That was when they acknowledged June 12 as Democracy Day and I commended them”.

But now, they started manipulating fuel prices against Nigerians. Because I worked with him before in 2011, I should now be saying ‘Mr. President, you have done well’. I am not a sycophant or somebody’s slave. I know what I stand for and I have my values”.

Speaking further, Odumakin said he initially declined the offer to be Buhari’s spokesman in 2011 but he was prevailed to accept the offer by the group he belonged to.

“I have a reason why I worked for him in 2011. I belonged to a group and my working for Buhari was a group decision, not my personal wish. In that group, the first he did was picking Pastor Tunde Bakare as his running mate. Later on, he said he wanted me to be his spokesman for the election”.

“Initially, I rejected the offer to be his spokesman because I didn’t know him. When I rejected it, Pastor Bakare said we can’t push only him out; that if I said I was not doing then he too won’t accept the running mate offer. The group then prevailed on me to accept. That was when I accepted. I was not looking for job".

"Sam Nda-Isaiah is alive. When I started working with General Buhari in 2011, they asked him to arrange a car for me but I took my own car from Lagos to Abuja to work for Buhari. They said he should start paying me some allowances”.

“Throughout that campaign, I didn’t collect a kobo. Let Sam Nda Isaiah say it openly if Yinka Odumakin collected one naira from him. I worked pro bono as Buhari’s spokesman throughout the period. We did it because we wanted good governance in the country. That’s the truth of the matter”.

https://www.independent.ng/odumakin-begs-buhari-asks-him-to-do-one-major-thing-for-him/

Has he ever listened to any advice?
Re: Odumakin Begs Buhari, Asks Him To Do One Major Thing For Him by nairavsdollars(f): 12:17pm On Dec 02, 2020

Masari said they are not Enjoying

1 Like

Re: Odumakin Begs Buhari, Asks Him To Do One Major Thing For Him by bossvinqualad25(m): 12:22pm On Dec 02, 2020
Let's take care of all your domestic and industrial cleaning as you all get ready for the Christmas and new year celebration, fumigation inclusive, our services are pocket friendly, check my signature
Re: Odumakin Begs Buhari, Asks Him To Do One Major Thing For Him by johnmartus(m): 12:26pm On Dec 02, 2020
He didn't beg Jonathan then.
Re: Odumakin Begs Buhari, Asks Him To Do One Major Thing For Him by nairavsdollars(f): 12:54pm On Dec 02, 2020
Beg GEj for what

johnmartus:
He didn't beg Jonathan then.
Re: Odumakin Begs Buhari, Asks Him To Do One Major Thing For Him by updatechange(m): 3:16pm On Dec 02, 2020
Restructuring is the pill, Separation is the antidote.
Re: Odumakin Begs Buhari, Asks Him To Do One Major Thing For Him by Moferere: 3:17pm On Dec 02, 2020
You think Buhari understands what restructuring means

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu, Aregbesola And Oyetola Pay Courtesy Visit To Chief Bisi Akande / Cocoa Market To Open In Nnewi / How To Register For NIN From The Comfort Of Your Home.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.