Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,652 members, 7,921,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 02:37 AM

Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff (8018 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Refuses To Remove Handcuff, Come Down From Van / Checkout Olisa Metuh's Swag Today Immediately Handcuff Was Removed From Him(pics / Buhari’s Handshake And Handcuff Rule Of Managing PTF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by Lagosboy: 1:11pm On Mar 23, 2011
teskyg:

LAGOS BOY.AM SURE YOU WILL STOP POSTING ON NAIRALAND AFTER APRIL ELECTION.BUHARI WILL LOSE WOEFULLY AND AM SURE YOU WILL HIDE YOUR FACE IN SHAME.hOW MUCH DID THEY PAY YOU?

I will rather raise my head high , that i stoopd for uprightness , that i stood for change, that i stoop for 2 men of integrity. The end never justifies the means and it is not a dor or die affair. Satisfaction does not lie in the attainment but staisfaction lies in the effort put towards attaining the goal.

I would be proud to tell my Kids i supported BB ticket because of the future, i would be proud i never supported the corrupt gangs around GEJ, the same people who are responsible for our power failure and under development.

Dude, i was paid by them proving the integrity, character, consistency and incorruptible nature. These are values i cherish and i have found it in Buhari Bakare
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by kasiem(m): 1:16pm On Mar 23, 2011
It'll be foolhardy of us to effectuate instability in our polity by voting cadavers. So old chimps should evanesce
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by PBundles(m): 1:19pm On Mar 23, 2011
zeeleso:

If therez any consensus regarding Buhari amongst varying groups of reasonable people even as far as the international community, it is that BUHARI IS NOT CORRUPT. other allegations against him may be argued out before possibly being proven to be untrue but as far as corruption goes, theres no argument there.  It is a certified fact that Buhari is not corrupt. Gbam!!!. They've tried and toiled, plotted and conspired but they've failed woefully at attempts to smudge his incorruptible record.

Hmm incorruptible you say, sorry but Im yet to posses the Godly power or knowing all that happens under the sun. I agree that of all the canidates he is the lessor LovePeddler, but a LovePeddler is a LovePeddler is a LovePeddler, sorry. But help me out. Why did his own cousin commit suicide? How did that NNPC money thing go again, o yeah they were rotating it on each others accounts? Um and can you vouch for all his other cornies i mean party members tongue Listen if it makes you feel good support him I have no qualms really. His is the lessor of evils, but to say he is pure as the snow, you need to stop drinking the cool aid. Now get a pencil sharpen it up, school is in session: Corruption is not only monetary. Thats why they say absolute power CORRUPTS absolutely. Hmm do you remember Decree 4 when he entered power, well let me help you. I will go very very slow:Decree Number 4 forbade any journalist from reporting information considered embarrassing to any government official. Two journalists, Tunde Thompson and Nduka Irabor, were convicted under the decree. Decree Number 2 gave the chief of staff at Supreme Headquarters the power to detain for up to six months without trial anyone considered a security risk. Special military tribunals increasingly replaced law courts while the state security agency, the National Security Organisation, was given greater powers.  Now if you man was so clean, WHY ARREST FREEDOM OF THE PRESS.  shocked
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by Beaf: 1:20pm On Mar 23, 2011
kasiem:

It'll be foolhardy of us to effectuate instability in our polity by voting cadavers. So old chimps should evanesce

Chei! shocked
Bros you wicked o! grin grin grin
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by Pataki: 1:21pm On Mar 23, 2011
Stogwu123:

your talk make sense well well. Na em bi watin i go do just now. D 1 wen i do b4 people (frnds) tank me well.  Jeg no get dis kyn record at all. I bi Delta boi but many of us dey suport BUHARI because of d past records.
My brother, thanks for accepting the truth. And please continue to make aware the message of BB2011 for change.

The other day on facebook, Ali Baba came on, announcing his support for GEJ, while others refused to tackle him about it, I took him on and challenged him as to why. Some people repented thereafter for believing in that GEJ. Nigeria is at a point in time that in this information age, there should be no room for ignorance or allowing ethnic bigotry play prominence in the development and growth of our country.

I was once an anti-BB2011. But once my eyes were opened to the sheer clueless leadership of Goodluck, I know the time is now to save Nigeria.

BB2011.
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by olugbemi4u: 1:22pm On Mar 23, 2011
Those who have that insinuation and believe that, you need to collect money from politician b4 u supports them are the enemy to our democracy leave them alone,they are selling their future and conscience .what i am after is free and fair and emergence of the people choice at all levels.but i found Gen.Buhari as the BEST MAN among all.infact,Ribadu is the worst who promised to jail Tinubu and he is now his best friend SHAMELESS man.infact,Tinubu should be careful
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:27pm On Mar 23, 2011
i am beginning to think i will vote for buhari.

the whorehouse analogy is apt. what most of us do not get is that we are the problem too.

what i always tell pple around me is that the difference between fashola and say akala is: fashola actually takes time to respect u by doing stuff with ur moni instead of carting it all, akala nor send o.

between those 2 gimme fashola any day.

i remember the ptf days clearly. i was a beneficiary and it was probably the only good decision made by abacha. one could see, and feel the impact, not just hear stories on tv.

yup, i tink id eschew my prejudices at northern chumps and vote him and campaign. if he will at least be nice enuf to blow soothing air whilst biting, its better than just bites.

NB: does the instant financial gain of supporting pdp justify throwing away your future and that of ur children and siblings? how can anyone speak for pdp, in this country? i dont care for partisan politics but i know for a fact, the solution to nigeria can never be in pdp.

and Gej is such a disappointment. think about the goodwill and support he had to take over from yar adua and look around u now. smh.

even his own militants whom he dashes money think he is stupid. gaddafi sef still get support after all.
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 23, 2011
WHO IS AFRAID OF BUHARI? I write this because of millions of Nigerians who are below 30 and who constitute a significant chunk of our voting population. This is the ICT generation that is largely ignorant about the events of the Buhari era (1983-85) and so can be misinformed and misled by needless propaganda. I have sat with many in the under-30 bracket and those slightly above who only have faint recollections of the Buhari era and the level of ignorance about that era is amazing.

Before being MILITARY Head of State, Buhari had been Governor of one of the Northern States (under Obasanjo’s Military government) as well as Minister for Petroleum. He later served as Chairman of PTF under Abacha. Please consider the following unassailable facts:

· He birthed and supervised the establishment of our existing refineries.

· There was no religious crisis while he was Head of State. It started under his successor IBB!

· in his time as Head of State he reduced inflation from 23% to 4%, by fiscal discipline and a homegrown economic team (not achieved under any other era, even military).

· JJ Rawlings of Ghana took over 2yrs before him, and killed all the corrupt leaders, while Buhari only sentenced the corrupt leaders here to prison.

· Under his watch as PTF Chairman, what he did in road construction in that short period hasn't been matched by 12yrs of the PDP.

· Hospitals and universities around the country never witnessed as much benefits as they got from the PTF from any government after or before his time.

· Despite serving in senior capacity in the oil sector, first as Minister for Petroleum and then Petroleum Trust Fund, Buhari has no petrol station, much less a rig, refinery or an oil block like so many of our leaders.

· He could have retired into nauseating opulence like an IBB or Danjuma or even OBJ but didn't.

· Instead of hobnobbing with the high and mighty, he has cast his lot with the ordinary man most of who follow him out of hope and belief in his values. People who know him have said of him, "All I need from Buhari is his word, I can take it to the bank".

· He is the only politician in the North today who fills rallies without renting a crowd. The Kaduna rally of 2nd March is eloquent proof!

· He refused to collect an allowance while serving as Chairman of the PTF because he said since he was already drawing a pension from government, his conscience would not allow him to draw another salary from the purse of the same government.

· He is the only former head of state that does not own property or land in Abuja .

· Every attempt to rubbish him through probes in time past eneded up vindicating him! The man who was asked by OBJ to take over the running of PTF before it was scrapped with the aim of probing and indicting Buhari, was the one who ended up being prosecuted for misappropriating $100m of PTF funds! Buhari again, was vindicated

· He has OPENLY challenged those who accuse him of religious fundamentalism to come out and show proof. No one has till today, taken up the challenge. His personal driver of many years is a Christian from Plateau State !

· His government initiated the War Against Indiscipline that has made environmental cleanliness, queuing up, not urinating by the roadside etc features of our national life even till today Does it then surprise you why corrupt people would be spreading such heinous rumours about Buhari? He is a threat to them and they know what he is capable of doing to corruption and corrupt people when he comes into office! So shine your eyes and make the right decision.

If honesty and probity are the things you want for Nigeria ,now is the time to choose right. When you cast your vote for the BUHARI/BAKARE ticket, you would have cast one vote for two honest men.
Now that you know better,>>>
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by zeeleso(f): 1:45pm On Mar 23, 2011
PBundles:

Hmm incorruptible you say, sorry but Im yet to posses the Godly power or knowing all that happens under the sun. I agree that of all the canidates he is the lessor LovePeddler, but a LovePeddler is a LovePeddler is a LovePeddler, sorry. But help me out. Why did his own cousin commit suicide? How did that NNPC money thing go again, o yeah they were rotating it on each others accounts? Um and can you vouch for all his other cornies i mean party members tongue Listen if it makes you feel good support him I have no qualms really. His is the lessor of evils, but to say he is pure as the snow, you need to stop drinking the cool aid. Now get a pencil sharpen it up, school is in session: Corruption is not only monetary. Thats why they say absolute power CORRUPTS absolutely. Hmm do you remember Decree 4 when he entered power, well let me help you. I will go very very slow:Decree Number 4 forbade any journalist from reporting information considered embarrassing to any government official. Two journalists, Tunde Thompson and Nduka Irabor, were convicted under the decree. Decree Number 2 gave the chief of staff at Supreme Headquarters the power to detain for up to six months without trial anyone considered a security risk. Special military tribunals increasingly replaced law courts while the state security agency, the National Security Organisation, was given greater powers.  Now if you man was so clean, WHY ARREST FREEDOM OF THE PRESS.  shocked 
Your allegations above sorta help my case, you can accuse him of many things but you cannot accuse him of stealing-public-funds type of corruption. Amongst any allegations against Buhari that can stand ground before been disproved, corruption precisely the money embezzelment type of corruption and siphoning of funds is not one of them.

And as for the cool aid, school in session, pencil. . . seriously?you are one of those?
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by wazobiann: 2:28pm On Mar 23, 2011
beaf or anybody else should bring an article about gej or any other politician in nigeria of today. it is a shame that after reading this article, a person will still say he will not vote for buhari. they hate nigeria. and god will catch them.
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by KnowAll(m): 2:46pm On Mar 23, 2011
Ebele Chukwu writes from Eziora, Ozubulu (ababio38@gmail.com, 08186482246 sms only

[size=16pt]Ebele Chukwu is a wise igbo man, how I wish the other Igbos can disengage their brains to the realities of this coming election rather than supporting a cluess zoologist who does not know where he is coming from or going to.[/size]
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by johnjoel(m): 2:49pm On Mar 23, 2011
sai buhari
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by Donmeca(m): 2:50pm On Mar 23, 2011
From GenBuhari3
I think the article below needs a wider audience to feel it. This man may not know how to debate, but he do know how to get things done, manage resources and still walk the street without any label of corruption!

So he does not know how to debate  cheesy. . .why are bent on destroying him politically by calling for a presidential debate? Y not thank GEJ for sparing Buhari the embarrassment of a debate? Little known Shekarau has taught Buhari the debating lesson of his life. . .Let's see if he wud attend the BON debate or the What About us Debate.

He seems a good man but does not know his limitations.
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by Genbuhari3: 2:56pm On Mar 23, 2011
Donmeca,

You got it completely wrong

He knows his limitations, that is why he chose the most erudite of all vice presidential candidates, Tunde Bakare. In his first stint, Tunde Idiagbon also did all the talking.

He is a man who has the courage to attend the debate, while your man was hiding in Patience's closet.

The most brilliant peole are not the best debaters. check your days in secondary schools and tertiary institutions!
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by Donmeca(m): 3:00pm On Mar 23, 2011
^^^ I don't have any man that's d problem. . .I'm looking for what is good, bad and manageable in all the candidates. U must av seen me on the BB 2011 Volunteers FB page. . .I kick common sense into people, while making objective points.
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by Pataki: 3:04pm On Mar 23, 2011
One begins to wonder how these Pro-GEJ apologetics reason.

When the stakes are high, you find GEJ running off into the kitchen with his apron like dressing and gorilla face.

*Come out be the president when Turai was oppressing him - mumurideen hid himself in the kitchen.

*Come out and debate with other contestants - mumurideen was asking for pre-questions before the debate. No where to be found!

A president without balls. Such an utter clueless man.
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by denitro(m): 3:12pm On Mar 23, 2011
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by Genbuhari3: 3:22pm On Mar 23, 2011
Donmeca,

you have done well.

there can never be a perfect candidate, but who is that man that has remained consistent on his values and that has lived it.

I place myself in the shoes of Buhari, if I can be a minister of petroleum and supervised the building of the refineries, be a governor, be first NNPC chairman, Head of State and chairman of a multi billion naira PTF, as a child of this present generation that grew in the heat of corruption, I can't guarantee I will not have more oil wells, multi billion dollar companies, houses, foreign accounts than IBB, Danjuma combined.

This is my reason for supporting him. I have seen the strength of integrity and will to fight corruption which is the weakness of my own generation.

And look at them, El-Rufai, despite his great job in abuja, he still couldn't resist the temptation of buying the Vice Presidential residence in Abuja, Fani Kayode is still in court, Shekaru fell out with Buhari when the latter asked him what he did with the billions of naira in Kano and he replied that it was used for polio awareness, Ribadu has a house not far away from Aso Rock - he said so himself. Jonathan has been a child, lieutenant, deputy to corrupt people.

Yet, Buhari has no house in Abuja or has he ever been tempted to use his position to corner government properties for himself even if he had to buy them legitimately. He was PTF chairman in abuja and he refused to collect salary, saying his pension as a retired general remains his entitlement.
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by danjohn: 3:25pm On Mar 23, 2011
Wow wow wow. Reading this article has made me more convinced that Buhari should be President. "Nigeria does not only need strong institutions, Nigeria needs strong leaders who can put strong institutions in place". The strong leader we need is General Muhammadu Yassim Yinusa Buhari. I am begging you from the bottom of my heart, please tell your friends and family to vote for this man. Nigeria needs him.
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by Genbuhari3: 3:31pm On Mar 23, 2011
danjohn

do forward to your friends on your mailing list, post on your facebook page and leave the rest to God.

I can say God is really working now as the kind of followership Buhari is experiencing among the educated people of the south is unprecedented since 2003. I was also a victim but now we know.

As Pastor Enouch Adeboye once said, Buhari needs a strong christian to contest with him. he got not just one, but the most outspoken pastor in the history of the country, and I want anybody to counter me, at that point of Bakare joining the ticket, the tipping point occured, eyes became more open and PDP became scared!
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by ajalaolanr(m): 4:13pm On Mar 23, 2011
I weep for my country, moreso i weep for the enlightened youth of this age who clealy speak out from a sold birth right point of view, any man that supports PDP is a disaster to himself and a shame to his family, the figures escapulated in this topic of discuss and alarming and any man in his right senses should have a re-think, ours is not a problem of underdevelopment but it is that of mediocrity and a malnurished mind.

The party called PDP has cleary showed us that we are fools and we will continue to be used as what we are called, there is so much jostle now because of the elections, this is the time we can make a change and yet i read some alarming posts here from some retards that show support for PDP, yes, RETARDS! only a RETARD will still vote for PDP after what we have gone tru for 12 years, all i advocate for is a change , i dont care whosoever will be there, Buhari (I am voting for him dou), shekarau or even Ribadu, all i want is PDP out of there and i see the cells start to fill up afterwards, can you just immagine the stargeruing sums that has been embezzeled and some miscreant still send out post that points to support PDP, wish i had a gun and i could kill you all one by one because u are all enemies of change progress and a better luife for the average Nigerian.

Shameless bastards- * i have not mentioned any names in this reply* but let your copnscience prick you and know you are the shameless bastard.
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by Pappij: 4:18pm On Mar 23, 2011
^^bros no need shooting anyone here please.

You all have been very inspiring.

Its quite a shame that most of our fellow Nigerians would rather ignore the man Buahri and rather settle for GEJ, Ribadu etal. We need prayers really, we need God, most of us hereon would vote for Buhari because of who he is, but will our votes be enough, will our fights in here (with Beaf and co) be justifiable at the end of the day?

Its prayer time my people, am voting for BB, been campaigning for him on facebook(which has given me many friends and enemies alike!). Am pushing the frontiers with prayers guys, who is with me?
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by BetaThings: 4:59pm On Mar 23, 2011
kasiem:

Old?
Mandela was when he became president, Zuma is young
Akala and Gbenga Daniel are young. You would prefer them to people like Enahoro
I prefer an old incorruptible to an energetic chameleon lining his pockets and ready to sell his country for pieces of silver
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by danjohn: 5:03pm On Mar 23, 2011
BetaThings:

I prefer an old incorruptible to an energetic chameleon lining his pockets and ready to sell his country for pieces of silver

AMEN!!!
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by haboosa(m): 5:05pm On Mar 23, 2011
i no fit shout SAI MAI GASKIYA smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by BetaThings: 5:06pm On Mar 23, 2011
Beaf:

Hatred? shocked
Sometimes I wonder what drives some NLers! There are some pretty unhealthy types floating around who have no brains, yet wish to bully the brainy, perhaps out of jealousy. Shame on you!

Dude, I hope you will not be the next in jail for bombing or any similar dastardly act.
Ask House of Assembly aspirant of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) for Suleja Constituency, Lado Abdullahi what it feels like to be caught and arraigned for a hate crime (bombing a rival party's rally).
Or maybe that hatred will express itself as throwing stones at cars belonging to people half your age? Ask Buhari how much respect that has cost him.
Na lie and na lie blackmail!
Have you forgotten how you promised us how Dokpesi would be jailed for Oct 1st bombing
Either
Jonathan manufactures incriminating evidence (fake SMS) against his political opponents  to profit from national calamity (oct 1st bomb blast)
or he overlooks treasonable acts (Dokpesi is with him) provided people will support him

vote him at your peril
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by jay70jay: 5:14pm On Mar 23, 2011
BB is the solution.
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by konkolok: 5:26pm On Mar 23, 2011
Fed Govt removes Acting ICPC chair over probe of NJI, Minister
Font size: Yusuf Alli 23/03/2011 00:56:00
Dr. Uriah Angulu

The Federal Government has removed the acting Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC), Dr. Uriah Angulu, following the probe of an alleged N6billion fraud in the National Judicial Institute (NJI) and trial of a minister.

A commissioner in the agency, retired Assistant Inspector-General of Police (AIG) Abang Rosemary Wushishi was asked to take over from Angulu.

Investigation by The Nation indicated that Angulu was asked to proceed on terminal leave based on a letter from the Office of the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Mohammed Bello Adoke (SAN).

The March 12 letter, followed a purported directive to the Minister by President Goodluck Jonathan.

Angulu’s removal caught most (ICPC) officials unawares because he was expected to complete his tenure of two terms in office as a commissioner in July.

A top source said: “Ideally, even if anyone has to go on terminal leave, it should not be more than three months. And normally, the retiree used to serve statutory notice, not the government compelling it.

“We were all shocked by the speed with which the government hurriedly asked Angulu to vacate office.

“Even it was at the sudden handover on Tuesday that Angulu read his letter of compulsory terminal leave to the management of ICPC.

“The development cast a pall of gloom on the commission because Angulu’s removal was more than meets the eye.”

It was, however, gathered that the removal of Angulu was in connection with the presidency’s uncomfortable posture with the ‘recent combative anti-corruption drive of ICPC.’

Another highly-placed source in ICPC said: “Twice now, the government has expressed reservations about the activities of this commission.

“The manner in which ICPC charged Minister of State for Health, Suleiman Bello to court, for alleged corrupt enrichment of about N11.2million, was considered embarrassing to the Presidency.

“Although the AGF demanded the case file of Bello from ICPC, the row over exercise of the AGF’s powers in Section 174(1) (b) of the 1999 Constitution, created image crisis for the government.

“The ICPC management also insisted in pursuing the case to its logical conclusion.

“Also, the ongoing investigation of alleged N6billion fraud in the NJI, whose Governing Council is headed by the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Justice Aloysius Katsina-Alu, further strained the relationship between ICPC and the government.

“There has been pressure to halt the probe but ICPC and the CJN had to exchange hot correspondences on the matter.

“I think the government did not find Angulu amenable and decided to ask him to proceed on terminal leave.”

As at press time, top officials and workers of the NJI were celebrating Angulu’s removal.

“Have you heard what happened to the acting Chairman of ICPC? We warned him but he was adamant. Let him go on leave and continue with the probe,” the joyous source added.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/31519.htm
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by ajiifixing(m): 6:24pm On Mar 23, 2011
While many people are busy fighting/arguing here on NL,I have over 50 STRONG converts who have signed on to the incorruptible(or as some would say here,the BETTER option of the lot).

BB 2011, Yea and Amen!.
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by Skii(m): 7:09pm On Mar 23, 2011
Guys wait first,
Thinking ahead, assuming Buhari wins the election, would THEY really allow the result to come through? Even if THEY did, I'm sure THEY will cause so much trouble almost to the point of making the nation ungovernable.
So all of us shouting BB 2011, are we up for possible aftershocks?
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by ajiifixing(m): 7:11pm On Mar 23, 2011
Am not here for "what ifs". I will do my part first.
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by tlops(m): 7:42pm On Mar 23, 2011
Genbuhari3:

Yet, Buhari has no house in Abuja or has he ever been tempted to use his position to corner government properties for himself even if he had to buy them legitimately. He was PTF chairman in abuja and he refused to collect salary, saying his pension as a retired general remains his entitlement.

This is a man who wants to serve! To be honest, I will not even consider getting paid both ways a crime.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shettima Receives 100 Orphans Studying At A Boarding School In Kano / 2019 Budget Is Built On A Very Shaky Foundation – Atiku Mock Buhari / INEC Goes After Campaign Spending Violators As Fear Grips Politicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.