Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,603 members, 7,878,739 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:53 AM

FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? (26451 Views)

FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer(pes),which Is Better? / Registration Code For Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 / Fifa Vs Pro Evolution Soccer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by sereques(m): 4:22am On Jan 22, 2008
PES outclass FIFA by a mile
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by texazzpete(m): 6:10pm On Jan 27, 2008
99% of those who claim fifa is wack haven't played any FIFA game since 2006.

FIFA 2008 whips PES2008 IMHO.
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by lordimpaq(m): 4:33pm On Feb 07, 2008
eva since my secondary school days,

i've been a PES fan but that changed when i played FIFA 08.

That is the best football game i've ever played,

I played both PES 2008 and FIFA 08 on PS3

believe me, the game play for PES was too robotic for my liking,

FIFA 08 is technically sound, the gameplay is superb, trust me, FIFA 08 is it,
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by fredosmith: 12:00pm On Sep 10, 2009
I think fifa is the best franchise in the gaming world.
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 10, 2009
Pro Evolution Soccer is the best.

I will prefer KONAMI to FIFA, Ski Ba Ta!!! Goaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllll cheesy

I have never enjoyed FIFA since 1998 I have been playing game.

FIFA is kinda wack, they wanna try to make it real. But it's bullshit, grin
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by seanlaw(m): 1:36pm On Sep 10, 2009
fifa 09 is way better than pes 09. Am a great fan of the pes but fifa 09 is way better than pes.
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by Gekko(m): 1:40pm On Sep 10, 2009
fredosmith:

I think fifa is the best franchise in the gaming world.

Have you played PES?

PES is for real soccer enthusiasts, the game play is ridiculously good and that is what counts the most.  FIFA has a much more updated roster of teams/players and the animations are pretty cool, but it feels like an arcade, the game play is unrealistic.
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by ayomidej(f): 2:02pm On Sep 10, 2009
FIFA 2009 & 2010 are better play than Pro Evolution Soccer
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 10, 2009
Let me end this discussion once and for all. I started with PES (International supersstar soccer) on Super Nintendo back in the dayz before it metamorphosed into PES and Winning Eleven.
PES used to be the best. It no longer is. FIFA has finally caught up with PES.
Those of you still on ps2 and the likes may not know this but if you move up to PS3 you will realize the difference.
FIFA became better from the release of 08 on the PS3. PES 2008 on the other hand was a disaster. THe online play was riddled with problems and a lot of people were dissapointed.
I used to be a PES fan. The truth is that FIFA is now better. PES has lost a lot of fans due to their lack lustre performance on NExt Generation Consoles
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by banjula(m): 3:02pm On Sep 10, 2009
KONAMI is the best, i challenge any member for a match on ps2 console
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by donugapi(m): 3:19pm On Sep 10, 2009
Konami PES games outclassed all fifa games up until the PS3, Since then its like they just started moving backwards, So my personal opinion is: Pre-PS3 was better, Post-PS3 fifa is better
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by donugapi(m): 3:21pm On Sep 10, 2009
A-town:

Let me end this discussion once and for all. I started with PES (International supersstar soccer) on Super Nintendo back in the dayz before it metamorphosed into PES and Winning Eleven.
Those of you still on ps2 and the likes may not know this but if you move up to PS3 you will realize the difference.
FIFA became better from the release of 08 on the PS3. PES 2008 on the other hand was a disaster. THe online play was riddled with problems and a lot of people were dissapointed.
I used to be a PES fan. The truth is that FIFA is now better. PES has lost a lot of fans due to their lack lustre performance on NExt Generation Consoles

Dude you're spot on, I was really disappointed with the PES games on PS3. Before playing it myself, i would have bet a whole lot of money that the konami games are better but after playing it i realised that those guys had missed it. Lets hope they get their act together for the next one
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 10, 2009
A-town:

I totally agree with you. , . I could never understand the Fifa Games for years as even though they always had the official team databases, the players lacked fluidity and seemed to be too plastic and unrealistic. I always played PES accross multiple platforms PC, Playstation, PS One, PS2 and PSP.

With PES 09 I realised that it seemed the game had gone backwards and as a result I bought an XBox 360 for the Fifa 09 which I had heard so much about. . . the rest is history now.

I've never enjoyed playing Fifa Games and cant wait for Fifa 2010 when it comes out next month.

Fifa has finally got their act together and has trumped PES for now it seems. Time will tell
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by tboy1(m): 4:09pm On Sep 10, 2009
A-town:

Gameplay and Online=PES
Graphics,Licensing,Team/Players and Better Commentators = FIFA

I play football games for the gameplay [/b]only so for now im a PES fan till FIFA's gameplay is better and judging by the reviews on PES2010, i might be a PES fan for a while

P.S: If you're not happy with the PES correct kits and some stadiums etc, try and buy [b]PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER OPTION FILE UPDATE PS3
it cost 3GBP and you'll see the following changes once you've downloaded the CD:

- All English and international transfers 100% complete
- All Promotions and Relegations done
- All correct player names (including a lot of player name/back of shirt name fixes)
- All badges and kits (Including home, away, goalkeeper, name and number markings)
- Added missing players
- All national team kits done with badges, kit sponsers and name and number markings
- All correct player numbers
- All League and Stadium names corrected
- Master League's league names have been changed
- Fake/duplicate national team players removed
- Hundreds of appearance (builds and scans) accessory/boots/hairstyle changes
- Full club and national team chants
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by Sauron1: 4:23pm On Sep 10, 2009
tboy1:

Gameplay and Online=PES
Graphics,Licensing,Team/Players and Better Commentators = FIFA

I play football games for the [b]gameplay [/b]only so for now im a PES fan till FIFA's gameplay is better and judging by the reviews on PES2010, i might be a PES fan for a while

Gameplay and Online = PES??
What planet are you from??

Online gaming on PES is epileptic.
What you get is lagging whenever your opponent is in another country.

FIFA whups PES by a country mile.
PES has deteriorated since PES 6.
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by tboy1(m): 4:30pm On Sep 10, 2009
~Sauron~:

Gameplay and Online = PES??
What planet are you from??
Online gaming on PES is epileptic.
What you get is lagging whenever your opponent is in another country.
FIFA whups PES by a country mile.
PES has deteriorated since PES 6.
I knew u'll show up to defend your FIFA  tongue
I've got/play both games and IMO - PES gameplay is better , online is better also (maybe because i only play folks in europe) and i've got no problem yet. Played FIFA Online a couple of times and it was worse than PES

~Sauron~:

PES has deteriorated since PES[b]08[/b]
Fixed
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by Sauron1: 4:35pm On Sep 10, 2009
tboy1:

I knew u'll show up to defend your FIFA  tongue
I've got/play both games and IMO - PES gameplay is better , online is better also (maybe because i only play folks in europe) and i've got no problem yet. Played FIFA Online a couple of times and it was worse than PES

FIFA kicks PES off the road with their brilliant game-play and other online features.
I have been a PES fan until October 2006 when they made PES 6. . . . .That has to be the biggest scam in the gaming world

Fixed

U are fixing the wrong game.
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by tboy1(m): 4:48pm On Sep 10, 2009
~Sauron~:

FIFA kicks PES off the road with their brilliant game-play and other online features.
I have been a PES fan until October 2006 when they made PES 6. . . . .That has to be the biggest scam in the gaming world
We'll neva agree on dis issue because u're a FIFA fan and im a PES fan
Lets wait till 23/10/09 and we'll all watch u switch to PES cool
just make sure u gimme ur PSN id, i need to make an example out of someone on NL

~Sauron~:

U are fixing the wrong game
no im not, I agree PES has been slacking but only since 2008
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by Sauron1: 4:50pm On Sep 10, 2009
tboy1:

We'll neva agree on dis issue because u're a FIFA fan and im a PES fan
Lets wait till 23/10/09 and we'll all watch u switch to PES cool

Na yam? I don't see FIFA regressing after taking over. . . . . .
They have got everything going for them. . . . .FIFA 09 on PS3 is the best football game i have played. . . .followed by PES5.

just make sure u gimme your PSN id, i need to make an example out of someone on NL
no im not, I agree PES has been slacking but only since 2008

Better go n buy FIFA.
There are about 6 FIFA fans on NL and we are hoping to start a league soon.
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by cescjay(m): 4:58pm On Sep 10, 2009
i think pro evolution is beta.
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by Gekko(m): 4:59pm On Sep 10, 2009
~Sauron~:

U are fixing the wrong game.

FIFA has a lot of advantages over PES, like silky presentation, robust roster, and graphics  but what matters the most is gameplay and if we were to compare Fifa 09 vs PES 09 in this aspect, PES wins hands down.  Fifa is dumbed down for non-soccer fans in a arcade-like manner.
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by tboy1(m): 5:03pm On Sep 10, 2009
~Sauron~:

Better go n buy FIFA.
There are about 6 FIFA fans on NL and we are hoping to start a league soon.
Lai Lai . . . . not after wasting 39.99gbp on that non realistic game una call FIFA
Im sticking to my PEShope they dont disappoint me oooo
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by Sauron1: 5:06pm On Sep 10, 2009
Gekko:

FIFA has a lot of advantages over PES, like silky presentation, robust roster, and graphics  but what matters the most is gameplay and if we were to compare Fifa 09 vs PES 09 in this aspect, PES wins hands down.  Fifa is dumbed down for non-soccer fans in a arcade-like manner.  

This comment is so 2004-ish.
Have u actually played FIFA on PS3? Don't say what you dunno, mannnnnn!!!

tboy1:

Lai Lai . . . . not after wasting 39.99gbp on that non realistic game una call FIFA
Im sticking to my PEShope they dont disappoint me oooo

I will be here in October to make fun of y'all again.
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by Gekko(m): 5:11pm On Sep 10, 2009
~Sauron~:

This comment is so 2004-ish.
Have u actually played FIFA on PS3? Don't say what you dunno, mannnnnn!!!

I will be here in October to make fun of y'all again.

Whats a 2004-ish comment? :-

I have both games for PS3 and I haven't played FIFA 09 since the 1st day I purchased it, actually if you need an extra copy i will be happy to sell it to you otherwise its going into the trash where it belongs.  undecided
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by omega25red(m): 5:16pm On Sep 10, 2009
Are anyone of you playing these games on xbox live if so lets play my handle is blue25omega
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 10, 2009
All you guys making noise about PES just dont want to adapt to Change. I totally understand. I used to be one of those that didnt understand why anyone will waste their time playing FIFA until FIFA 08 on the PS3 came out. If you are basing your analysis on older gen consoles, forget it. PES is obviously better on older gen. For the NExt Gen. consoles, FIFA is better. End of discussion.
Just so you know, I played Winning Eleven/PES so much so that i had my own specaial pad that i used to take to friends homes whenever we had to play.  As a hardcore PES fan, i know it will be hard for you guys to accept it. Play fifa on PS3 CONSECUTIVELY FOR 3 weeks without playing PES and your opinions will change. The creator of PES even admitted it that they slacked when it was time to crossover to Next Gen consoles
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by Sauron1: 5:17pm On Sep 10, 2009
Gekko:

Whats a 2004-ish comment? :-

I have both games for PS3 and I haven't played FIFA 09 since the 1st day I purchased it, actually if you need an extra copy i will be happy to sell it to you otherwise its going into the trash where it belongs.  undecided

Keep your FIFA09. . . . . .I have ma own copy. . . .
PES on PS3 sucks. . . . . .A friend of mine still cannot connect his cousin in Canada for almost 2 years now.
The online gaming is a disgrace and they have not changed the crowd animation in 10 years. grin

A-town:

All you guys making noise about PES just dont want to adapt to Change. I totally understand. I used to be one of those that didnt understand why anyone will waste their time playing FIFA until FIFA 08 on the PS3 came out. If you are basing your analysis on older gen consoles, forget it. PES is obviously better on older gen. For the NExt Gen. consoles, FIFA is better. End of discussion.
Just so you know, I played Winning Eleven/PES so much so that i had my own specaial pad that i used to take to friends homes whenever we had to play.  As a hardcore PES fan, i know it will be hard for you guys to accept it. Play fifa on PS3 CONSECUTIVELY FOR 3 weeks without playing PES and your opinions will change. The creator of PES even admitted it that they slacked when it was time to crossover to Next Gen consoles

Die-hard PES fans are afraid to change to FIFA because they cannot use the analog controls. grin grin grin grin
I played PES all ma life until i switched to FIFA in late 2006 and i have not looked back since then.
Since the PS3 launched. . . . .I dunno any football game that can match it.
FIFA 08 was wow but FIFA 09 was even better while PES are still cluleless.
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by Gekko(m): 5:21pm On Sep 10, 2009
~Sauron~:

Keep your FIFA09. . . . . .I have ma own copy. . . .
PES on PS3 sucks. . . . . .A friend of mine still cannot connect his cousin in Canada for almost 2 years now.
The online gaming is a disgrace and they have not changed the crowd animation in 10 years. grin

I agree with you online gaming does suck on PES. I dont get my kicks off of playing online though. Perhaps you will come back home on NOV 3,
http://ps3.ign.com/objects/143/14338554.html
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 10, 2009
Who plays PES?
Fifa rocks all the way.
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 10, 2009
haaaaaaaaaaaa shocked

I think I need to play FIFA then wow!! hehehehe

Will get back with my conclusion soon.

Seems FIFA is rocking! grin
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by Sauron1: 5:26pm On Sep 10, 2009
Gekko:

I agree with you online gaming does suck on PES. I dont get my kicks off of playing online though.  Perhaps you will come back home on NOV 3,
http://ps3.ign.com/objects/143/14338554.html

See what i am saying?
U have not even played ONLINE and you are condemning FIFA?? This is hilarious.
Find out about online gamers and let em tell you the difference between the 2 features.

U have not played FIFA09 if you haven't played it ONLINE.
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by Gekko(m): 5:30pm On Sep 10, 2009
BlueDiva:

Who plays PES?
Fifa rocks all the way.

you guys are victims of marketing hype, you are attracted to the flashy looks of fifa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

*************funny Gaming Pictures ************** / Dox Ose, Guinness World Record Attempt: Longest FIFA Live Stream Marathon / Hack and Install Games On Your PS4 Console, for as Low as 1K each.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.