Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,726 members, 7,918,231 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 06:06 AM

Joe Biden Transition Team Blocked From Pentagon - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Joe Biden Transition Team Blocked From Pentagon (2024 Views)

IMF stops funds to Afghanistan, reserves blocked from Taliban / About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" / US Election 2020: Biden Prepares For Presidency, Launches Transition Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joe Biden Transition Team Blocked From Pentagon by Varbuena: 2:16pm On Dec 05, 2020

1 Like

Re: Joe Biden Transition Team Blocked From Pentagon by IronMan077(m): 2:21pm On Dec 05, 2020
Let Joe Wait till after December 14

3 Likes

Re: Joe Biden Transition Team Blocked From Pentagon by RedPhoenix: 2:26pm On Dec 05, 2020
There can't be two Kings at once na

2 Likes

Re: Joe Biden Transition Team Blocked From Pentagon by MadamExcellency: 2:29pm On Dec 05, 2020
They should wait for Electoral College

2 Likes

Re: Joe Biden Transition Team Blocked From Pentagon by Varbuena: 2:37pm On Dec 05, 2020
the process is already stressful
Re: Joe Biden Transition Team Blocked From Pentagon by emkz: 2:40pm On Dec 05, 2020
I find this distasteful.

Joe won the election. But he needs to pipe it down. Making policy statements and holding meetings on policy and strategy in the eye of the press demystifies the office of the sitting President. It is not about Trump but about the office. He can hold his meetings and prepare his cabinet and do the transition rituals, but he needs to remember there is still a sitting President who serves out on January 20th, 2021 at noon.

I am in support of the Pentagon blocking his team. He is not yet President.

4 Likes

Re: Joe Biden Transition Team Blocked From Pentagon by PoliticalHunter: 2:46pm On Dec 05, 2020
Some patience would go a long way for this man.
Re: Joe Biden Transition Team Blocked From Pentagon by GreyLaw(m): 2:56pm On Dec 05, 2020
emkz:
I find this distasteful.

Joe won the election. But he needs to pipe it down. Making policy statements and holding meetings on policy and strategy in the eye of the press demystifies the office of the sitting President. It is not about Trump but about the office. He can hold his meetings and prepare his cabinet and do the transition rituals, but he needs to remember there is still a sitting President who serves out on January 20th, 2021 at noon.

Sir, and when you do proper research you'll find out he hasn't even won the election. He should wait for the electors to vote. He should simply wait for December 14 and January 6th. The constitution says it is the electors that's decide, not even even the popular votes.

The electors can vote their conscience as the constitution stipulates. They are not mandated to follow the popular vote. There is a lot happening. I hope Mr. Joe can relax and not put himself and others in harm's way.

Just a few more days isn't too much to wait.

4 Likes

Re: Joe Biden Transition Team Blocked From Pentagon by Varbuena: 3:02pm On Dec 05, 2020
cheesy cheesy
Re: Joe Biden Transition Team Blocked From Pentagon by simi1(m): 4:03pm On Dec 05, 2020
Trump should accept defeat and move on

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Joe Biden Transition Team Blocked From Pentagon by reallest(f): 5:22pm On Dec 05, 2020
And people will come out tomorrow to say America is d father of democrary,A democracy where few people will choose for million of people.
Re: Joe Biden Transition Team Blocked From Pentagon by budaatum: 5:31pm On Dec 05, 2020
GreyLaw:

The electors can vote their conscience as the constitution stipulates. They are not mandated to follow the popular vote.
I wonder why people don't mind showing how ignorant they are. Do you think no one knows better or something?

Show us how intelligent you are by providing evidence for your statement above.

1 Like

Re: Joe Biden Transition Team Blocked From Pentagon by mojoyin73585: 6:51pm On Dec 05, 2020
They should wait for Electoral College
Re: Joe Biden Transition Team Blocked From Pentagon by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:19pm On Dec 05, 2020
emkz:
I find this distasteful.

And how is it distasteful that is how it has always been the president elect once sworn in hits the ground running immediately he/she is sworn in.When Trump was president elect Obama did not block his transition team from getting information on anything.That is how it is done you don't expect an incoming president to get these info from 20th January once he/she is president-elect they start getting information on these things that has been happening in American transition for centuries.The pentagon cannot block him for long they will still give Biden the info he needs before January 20th because Biden will soon appoint people to fill the pentagon as well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Biden Transition Team Blocked From Pentagon by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:23pm On Dec 05, 2020
GreyLaw:

Sir, and when you do proper research you'll find out he hasn't even won the election. He should wait for the electors to vote. He should simply wait for December 14 and January 6th. The constitution says it is the electors that's decide, not even even the popular votes.

The electors can vote their conscience as the constitution stipulates. They are not mandated to follow the popular vote. There is a lot happening. I hope Mr. Joe can relax and not put himself and others in harm's way.

Lol biden is president elect the electors will vote according to the popular vote what you just stated is false.Majority of state electors vote with the popular vote of their states that is why they are faithless electors they have no choice other than to vote with the will of the people.
The electors have been chosen for BIDEN and there are over 270 of them.Biden will be president elect and he has won it officially nothing changes that.
I was right when I earlier told you Biden would win and Trump would lose you kept claiming to be seeing things lol what a joke you are you said he won't do better than Clinton but he did better and was a stronger candidate lol

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joe Biden Transition Team Blocked From Pentagon by Candour(m): 11:56am On Dec 06, 2020
GreyLaw:

emkz:
I find this distasteful.

You guys should try to read up and stop spreading ignorance on social media. Biden won, in a better and more solid way, than Trump did in 2016 yet Clinton conceeded within 24 hrs of the elections while counting was still going on and Obama called to congratulate Trump while Biden called to congratulate Pence. If Trump the liar decides to be a buffoon, that's his cup of tea but you guys should be better than Trump.

In 2016, Trump started requesting high level security clearance for his criminal children on Nov 14, that's just 6 days after the election before any state even certified!! Has Biden done such? Trump met with the Japanese prime minister on Nov 17th, 9 days after the election before any certification, did Obama or Clinton or Biden complain? They didn't because they knew it was the process that's been on for over 200 years until the Orange turd happened on the scene.

See below link for a timeline of how the 2016 transition went compared to the childishness Trump is doing now

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/timeline-of-2016-and-2020-election-transitions-between-trump-obama-2020-11%3famp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Joe Biden Transition Team Blocked From Pentagon by GreyLaw(m): 12:53pm On Dec 08, 2020
budaatum:

I wonder why people don't mind showing how ignorant they are. Do you think no one knows better or something?

Show us how intelligent you are by providing evidence for your statement above.

Please no need for conjectures or throwing insults obliquely. Wait till the inauguration day, 20th of January. In fact, no need to wait till then. 7th of January is good enough for me.

If Biden gets in as thy president even for a second please feel free to quote me and say all the irreverent things you wish to say. Some people know more than they let on. What I have said is enough. Just give it a little while.
Re: Joe Biden Transition Team Blocked From Pentagon by GreyLaw(m): 12:56pm On Dec 08, 2020
Candour:

You guys should try to read up and stop spreading ignorance on social media. Biden won, in a better and more solid way, than Trump did in 2016 yet Clinton conceeded within 24 hrs of the elections while counting was still going on and Obama called to congratulate Trump while Biden called to congratulate Pence. If Trump the liar decides to be a buffoon, that's his cup of tea but you guys should be better than Trump.

In 2016, Trump started requesting high level security clearance for his criminal children on Nov 14, that's just 6 days after the election before any state even certified!! Has Biden done such? Trump met with the Japanese prime minister on Nov 17th, 9 days after the election before any certification, did Obama or Clinton or Biden complain? They didn't because they knew it was the process that's been on for over 200 years until the Orange turd happened on the scene.

See below link for a timeline of how the 2016 transition went compared to the childishness Trump is doing now

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/timeline-of-2016-and-2020-election-transitions-between-trump-obama-2020-11%3famp

If you are strong enough to agree, please feel free to quote me by January 20th or earlier. I don't want to argue. I just have much more information than I can share here. And no, it has nothing to do with all that is out there.

Give it time. I keep saying that Biden will NOT get even a second as US president. Quote me when it's all said and done. Many of you will get shocked, but that's because you all wanted to be shocked.

I usually don't want to have this discussion because most Biden supporters are just plain disrespectful (not you) and it just degerates into arguments. Going by your logic, people should give in to a system simply because it is old? See, all I am saying has nothing to do with the fraud that is purported. I am saying something different and will not say more than this until the 20th of January when Trump will again be sworn in.

A lot of people have no idea what this whole thing is all about. Good luck rooting for Biden. Unfortunately the man is going down with his cohorts.

1 Like

Re: Joe Biden Transition Team Blocked From Pentagon by budaatum: 4:00pm On Dec 08, 2020
GreyLaw:

Please no need for conjectures or throwing insults obliquely. Wait till the inauguration day, 20th of January. In fact, no need to wait till then. 7th of January is good enough for me.

If Biden gets in as thy president even for a second please feel free to quote me and say all the irreverent things you wish to say. Some people know more than they let on. What I have said is enough. Just give it a little while.
I think an honourable person like you should quote me and accept how wrong you are since I would have most definitely moved on by then.
Re: Joe Biden Transition Team Blocked From Pentagon by Candour(m): 11:35pm On Dec 08, 2020
GreyLaw:

If you are strong enough to agree, please feel free to quote me by January 20th or earlier. I don't want to argue. I just have much more information than I can share here. And no, it has nothing to do with all that is out there.

Give it time. I keep saying that Biden will NOT get even a second as US president. Quote me when it's all said and done. Many of you will get shocked, but that's because you all wanted to be shocked.

I usually don't want to have this discussion because most Biden supporters are just plain disrespectful (not you) and it just degerates into arguments. Going by your logic, people should give in to a system simply because it is old? See, all I am saying has nothing to do with the fraud that is purported. I am saying something different and will not say more than this until the 20th of January when Trump will again be sworn in.

A lot of people have no idea what this whole thing is all about. Good luck rooting for Biden. Unfortunately the man is going down with his cohorts.

It really makes little or no difference if Biden becomes president or if Trump gets a 3rd term. What's patently obvious is that the orange turd has exposed the US Presidential system as a cesspool of sleaze and corruption. The same electoral process made Trump president in 2016 and Hillary, despite the shock of loss, conceeded inside 24 hrs while votes were still being tallied and no single state had certified. Obama invited Trump to come visit within 48 hrs and Biden extended the same courtesy to Pence but today, a so-called christian candidate is trampling down on the norms that have guided the US for over 200 years.

I just wanted to stop the lies from your group that Biden was overstepping when in actual fact, Trump is the indecent human who lacks any sense of propriety. If they like, they should give 5 terms, na dem sabi.

The SCOTUS just threw out the reckless lawsuit filed by republicans to overturn pennsylvania elections. Let's hope they'll keep up using their number 6 in subsequent cases and preserve some dignity for Americans.

Re: Joe Biden Transition Team Blocked From Pentagon by budaatum: 11:45pm On Dec 08, 2020

(1) (Reply)

WAR: US Confirms Israeli Strike On Russian Missiles In SYRIA!! / The World’s 10 Most Unstable Countries Are... / USA F35 Stealth Fighter Practices In The UK Lake District Ready For Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.