Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,359 members, 7,891,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 03:22 PM

Meet Nigerian 28-year-old ‘rocket Inventor’ - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Meet Nigerian 28-year-old ‘rocket Inventor’ (17573 Views)

Nigeria To Experience Lunar Eclipse On September 28 / Teenagers Launch Locally-made Rocket In Imo, Causing Confusion / UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Nigerian 28-year-old ‘rocket Inventor’ by Nobody: 8:28am On Mar 25, 2011
Please remove this from front page, those rockets don't even look like they can leave the ground. If the dude is serious, he should invent a machine that produces electricity from corruption, one posted to all state capitals and fct. One planted in all ministries, departments and agencies. Power failure will be a thing of the past and corruption won't really matter undecided

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigerian 28-year-old ‘rocket Inventor’ by Guyman02: 10:24am On Mar 25, 2011
blink182:

Please remove this from front page, those rockets don't even look like they can leave the ground. If the dude is serious, he should invent a machine that produces electricity from corruption, one posted to all state capitals and fct. One planted in all ministries, departments and agencies. Power failure will be a thing of the past and corruption won't really matter undecided

You must be as re.tarded as your comment.

The guy has done well by making good use of his time with available resources and shoould be encouraged.
Well done Federal University of Technology Minna for producing students who can think up something no matter how small in an environment where frustration runs high amongst the youths and graduates due to deficit of opportunities to express their talents.
Re: Meet Nigerian 28-year-old ‘rocket Inventor’ by Nobody: 10:31am On Mar 25, 2011
Guyman02:

You must be as re.tarded as your comment.

Its your father and cursed generation that are re.tarded
Re: Meet Nigerian 28-year-old ‘rocket Inventor’ by NumberOne2(m): 11:20am On Mar 25, 2011
This is VERY nice. However, the mistake we make in this country is that we expect the government to sponsor talents like these. WRONG. Outside our shores, its the private sector that carries such individuals in a bid to monetize their talents.
Leave Nigerian Government alone. They CANNOT help. My advice to them is to seek private sponsors like local auto manufacturers or even some Chinese business men.

For those that think it isn't a new technology, well it isn't. However this is the SICK mentality that is killing this country.
Some say Nigerian shouldn't bother making cars because there are too many car companies in the world. Now let me ask, If the likes of KIA and GEELY said, whats the point making cars, the world already has BENZ, VW, TOYOTA, GM, FORD etc lets try something else. Where would KIA have been today?

This defeatist mentality that "until you are the first to do it, it cannot work" is very bad. Even if someone has done it, try to do it better. Do NOT discourage those doing it. China is making phones that have been made by advanced country for years. Which phones are more common in Nigeria?

Let them build the rockets, its a step in the right direction. That how NASA started. I have learn in life to CLAP for those that are doing things that I can't do. These guys are doing something that most of us never dreamed Nigerians in our own soil can do. Even if you cannot sponsor them, at least clap for them.
Re: Meet Nigerian 28-year-old ‘rocket Inventor’ by Guyman02: 11:31am On Mar 25, 2011
The White House. President Barack Obama  
The White House Blog
President Obama Meets with Fresh Science Talent
March 15, 2011 at 05:17 PM EDT

President Barack Obama talks with the 2011 Intel Science Talent Search finalists in the East Room of the White House,

Keeping his commitment to honor remarkable science and math scholars just like sports champions, President Obama today welcomed 40 high school finalists of the Intel Science Talent Search to the White House.

The President congratulated the students for embodying what is needed to out-educate our global competitors, adding that as the next generation of scientists, engineers, and technological leaders, their success is crucial for America to win the future.  The students also stand out as role models for the benefits of high-quality science, technology, engineering, and math, or STEM, education in the United States, a key priority for the President.

The 40 high school STEM superstars have been in Washington, DC since Thursday for final judging of their projects.  While in DC, they had the opportunity to meet with scientists and publicly display their work (which includes projects like Automatic Parallelization through Dynamic Analysis and Traveling the Interplanetary Superhighway: An Autonomous Spacecraft Navigation System). Tonight the final winners will be announced at a ceremony, where the top prize of $100,000 will be awarded.

The Intel Science Talent Search is one of the most highly-regarded science research competitions in the country.  Many past Science Talent Search participants have gone on to distinguished careers, including seven Nobel laureates, four National Medal of Science winners, 11 MacArthur Foundation Fellows, and two Fields Medalists (as well as one Academy Award winner—Natalie Portman!).

This year’s finalists include 16 girls and 24 boys who represent 39 schools in 15 states and were selected from over 1,700 applications tied to cutting edge research.  President Obama applauds the work of these young innovators and of pioneering minds throughout the Nation.

Where is Nigerias own version, apart from the telecom companies using musical talents to advertise their products on TV as Idols. Where are our science or engineering idols?

Re: Meet Nigerian 28-year-old ‘rocket Inventor’ by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 25, 2011
What is this nude advert always appearing on my screen, is this what nairaland is becoming? angry
Re: Meet Nigerian 28-year-old ‘rocket Inventor’ by samtoye(m): 12:02pm On Mar 25, 2011
As much as i appreciate his ingenuity but a technology has been perfected for production of Rocket, preferably he should study the current technology and improve on it's weak point. If facebook was copying Google, it wont be where it is now. It's just like trying to invent a car when we have cars like BMW and Benz that are light years ahead, Originality is the key word. Let the government give him schorlarship to study the current technology on Rocket building.
Re: Meet Nigerian 28-year-old ‘rocket Inventor’ by Nobody: 12:15pm On Mar 25, 2011
samtoye:

As much as i appreciate his ingenuity but a technology has been perfected for production of Rocket, preferably he should study the current technology and improve on it's weak point. If facebook was copying Google, it wont be where it is now. It's just like trying to invent a car when we have cars like BMW and Benz that are light years ahead,  Originality is the key word. Let the government give him schorlarship to study the current technology on Rocket building.
I laugh in swahili, if rocket science is developed any further, it will be to travel at the speed of light. Humans cant survive at mach 11 even. Or is it to propel missiles? There are already missiles that can travel anywhere in the world with a nuclear nuke attached. So what is he going to develop. Its a waste of time and money.
Re: Meet Nigerian 28-year-old ‘rocket Inventor’ by NumberOne2(m): 1:52pm On Mar 25, 2011
As much as i appreciate his ingenuity but a technology has been perfected for production of Rocket, preferably he should study the current technology and improve on it's weak point. If facebook was copying Google, it wont be where it is now. It's just like trying to invent a car when we have cars like BMW and Benz that are light years ahead, Originality is the key word. Let the government give him schorlarship to study the current technology on Rocket building.

If rocket technology has been perfected, how come astronauts still die in rocket crashes or disintegration. Let me enlighten you, NASA is winding down. The US government is transferring space technology to PRIVATE hands. The likes of Richard Brandson are looking at organizing space trips/excursions for wealthy individuals. Transferring to private hands is less expensive and the US government doesn't have to carry the cost of failed missions.

This is the same approach the US military has. Private companies design their equipment, planes, submarines and all. Of course the military has to monitor them closely so that they don't sell the technology to another country. That is why you hear of the likes of Haliburton or Boeing when the US military is mentioned. They design most of their equipment.

I'm sorry to say, but I can only see countries like China and Brazil which are looking at space travel now picking these boys up. Nigeria and unfortunately MOST Nigerians don't have time for this kind of innovation. Its sad.
Re: Meet Nigerian 28-year-old ‘rocket Inventor’ by alphajoe: 5:41pm On Mar 25, 2011
I think the guy has tried but we can't just call that an invention b'cos is already in place. Let him just solicit for assistance on how he can come up with something that is of international standard or he should go to where his services are needed.
Re: Meet Nigerian 28-year-old ‘rocket Inventor’ by Reggie2(m): 5:29pm On Mar 26, 2011
Some 43 years ago during the Biafran civil war, smart guys from the east came up their version of Ojukwu Bucket. Evidence of some rudimentary inventions are still there at the war museum, hmmmm!!!! a lot of radical job seekers are hanging around looking for some politician to hire them; be warned!!!!
Re: Meet Nigerian 28-year-old ‘rocket Inventor’ by mrperfect(m): 5:57pm On Mar 26, 2011
I don't thing is inventor as the name rocket has been into existance before now, may be he is trying to improve something in the system.

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigerian 28-year-old ‘rocket Inventor’ by Nobody: 8:28am On Mar 28, 2011
mrperfect:

I don't thing is inventor as the name rocket has been into existance before now, may be he is trying to improve something in the system.
He's not trying to do anything, didn't you see the picture? I doubt that thing can even leave the ground
Re: Meet Nigerian 28-year-old ‘rocket Inventor’ by mikus24: 11:55am On Mar 30, 2011
my man make us proud. this is just a step the idle country like nigeria needs.i believe with this the government blabbing concerning science and technology will become reality and not just paper work. interesting without government aids and grants or funding you did this. you are a vessel of embodiment, talents and i wish you success in all other projects. Thanks to the woman behind this victory, your mama.
Re: Meet Nigerian 28-year-old ‘rocket Inventor’ by lastcenter: 1:20am On Jun 12, 2012
Number_One:

If rocket technology has been perfected, how come astronauts still die in rocket crashes or disintegration. Let me enlighten you, NASA is winding down. The US government is transferring space technology to PRIVATE hands. The likes of Richard Brandson are looking at organizing space trips/excursions for wealthy individuals. Transferring to private hands is less expensive and the US government doesn't have to carry the cost of failed missions.

This is the same approach the US military has. Private companies design their equipment, planes, submarines and all. Of course the military has to monitor them closely so that they don't sell the technology to another country. That is why you hear of the likes of Haliburton or Boeing when the US military is mentioned. They design most of their equipment.

I'm sorry to say, but I can only see countries like China and Brazil which are looking at space travel now picking these boys up. Nigeria and unfortunately MOST Nigerians don't have time for this kind of innovation. Its sad.

You are wrong. Our barracks is in space already, do you hustle there? What can we do in space? Are you kidding me, take a look @ us, im happy. Now take a look here and see as well :

http://www.humanipo.com/blog/437/19-year-old-girl-in-Egypt-invents-a-spacecraft-propulsion-device

How can your girl ....

dig a hole on the moon and build your premises!
Re: Meet Nigerian 28-year-old ‘rocket Inventor’ by Nobody: 11:04am On Jun 12, 2012
The problem of nigerians is too big. An average Nigerian doesnt appreciate anytin gud in his brother. Sorry 4 u all that criticize the young rocket builder . What can u ingrates produce ? Fools. Ure not ashame of urselves dat u cnt even produce matches . We blame govment for not doing dis or dat wen we dnt evn apreciate our brother for a job weldone. If the rocket producer is here, pls reach me tru my e mail. (emmydeep@gmail.com) i will gve u serious contacts dat will change ur life for good. Kudos.
Re: Meet Nigerian 28-year-old ‘rocket Inventor’ by lastcenter: 1:26pm On Jun 16, 2012
??orbit computer?? : (weather checker on spheres) compass control system for 1-minute shuttle approach through auto farming by shuttle approach? Do super computers feed data? Do you carry orbit computers around you for compass control on orbit spheres? The machine can probe into aerospace until the sky is free for launching from were we hovered?
Re: Meet Nigerian 28-year-old ‘rocket Inventor’ by lastcenter: 7:13pm On Jun 19, 2012
There is a cemetery program going on on the moon! We sail you to the moon when you die! no more burials here! differential sail to the moon. You didn't go there..you just sail your dead bodies there and then we just hated nobody!
Re: Meet Nigerian 28-year-old ‘rocket Inventor’ by lastcenter: 7:48pm On Jun 19, 2012
Gases in space c02 for helmet! shoot the moon!
Re: Meet Nigerian 28-year-old ‘rocket Inventor’ by lastcenter: 12:18am On Jun 21, 2012
There is a cemetery program going on on the moon! We sail you to the moon when you die! no more burials here! differential sail to the moon. You didn't go there..you just sail your dead bodies there and then we just hated nobody!
Re: Meet Nigerian 28-year-old ‘rocket Inventor’ by lastcenter: 1:15pm On Jun 26, 2012
About the moon and space did you ever question all the videos you ever watched even on tele?

did people really travel and did you see you soon?
I haven't seen anyone yet but i want you to think...
was it filmed or painted?
Re: Meet Nigerian 28-year-old ‘rocket Inventor’ by lastcenter: 1:15pm On Jun 26, 2012
About the moon and space did you ever question all the videos you ever watched even on television?

did people really travel and did you see you soon?
I haven't seen anyone yet but i want you to think...
was it filmed or painted?

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigerian 28-year-old ‘rocket Inventor’ by witzsoul(m): 2:24pm On Jun 29, 2012
i want to join in the appreciation of this noble craft from a nigerian, thumbs up guy!!
Re: Meet Nigerian 28-year-old ‘rocket Inventor’ by FemiOja: 8:03pm On Jun 29, 2012
misanho: i am proud of the inventor, as well as ma School - Federal University of Technology, Minna. thumbs up!!!

Yes o proudly FUT Minna. I finished from Physics department in 2009. I heard about the guys project then. It is really nice
Re: Meet Nigerian 28-year-old ‘rocket Inventor’ by tosank: 1:05am On Jun 30, 2012
grin grin grin
violent: Let's stop celebrating mediocrity peeps, The first iron cased metal cylinder rocket  was made in the 1780s, when technology was crude and the knowledge of physics was limited, the fact that someone repeated such a technology in Nigeria 3 millenniums later, calls for tears not applause!

The dude is impressive no doubts, the disturbing part of the bigger picture however is the fact that we believe he's impressive
Re: Meet Nigerian 28-year-old ‘rocket Inventor’ by Oluosi: 10:49am On Jul 02, 2012
Nigerians should learn to appreciate the efforts of those who search constantly for knowledge. This guy could be anyones son, are you saying those who are making negative comments will do same to their child ambition? While this is not an invention, it is a demonstration of a piece of technology that is not widespread in nigeria. We certainly should not get ahead of our selves but should offer encouragement to this guy to seek more knowledge on rocketry and put it to positive use.

A point of note considering the limited resources in nigeria the guy did well and should be encouraged with practical help in the form of technical and academic advice. If he is reading this post, a few points to improve his rudimentary rocket.

1. Dont use sulfur and charcoal - the amount of thrust or power produced is low for the given weight of propellant. Try using sugar by melting and casting it into the shape of the rocket case.mix both the oxidizer with the sugar and melt and cast on very low heat. You can find ways of doing this on many model home made rocket websites on the internet. Aluminium powder can also be added in small quantities to increase the rocket power.

2. Use aluminium sheet for the casing as it is much lighter than mild steel in weight. With a lighter casing, more fuel can be added to the rocket for more power.

3. Make sure the casing is very smooth on the outside as this reduces the drag or put another way the air resistance to the rockets motion through the air
Re: Meet Nigerian 28-year-old ‘rocket Inventor’ by lastcenter: 8:41pm On Oct 12, 2012
This is forbes!
Re: Meet Nigerian 28-year-old ‘rocket Inventor’ by hiuser(m): 1:27am On May 18, 2013
In this painting we see the atmosphere like a wardrobe hanger here :

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8c/Earth%27s_atmosphere.svg[/img]

The height is like going from Lagos to Abuja in KM! Now if you build a Rocket with this in mind that in every atmosphere you will travel a certain distance so you will reserve fuel to blast into all allocations and then it can go into orbit properly?

The rocket will consist of many compartments(slide on a pole - space compass) just to do the flight?

2x as much to come back?? Noooo the air pressure is different! So how much fuel do you buy to go and come back?

Naira can't discover what is in your tank!

Go to your physics teacher and and..

Blue light is scattered more than other wavelengths by the gases in the atmosphere, giving the Earth a blue halo when seen from space onboard ISS at a height of '402 - 424' km.

In Mars it's red so it's ehm..higher?
Re: Meet Nigerian 28-year-old ‘rocket Inventor’ by objayz: 9:33pm On May 18, 2013
How to start making minimum of N150,000 online in just 24days, also learn how to become an all networks recharge card producer, how to browse 24/7 with MTN your line without paying a penny, or any subscription fee on all devices.
How to unlock any kind of modem, and how to use your BIS subscription to browse on pc without any limit.
visit http://www.richwold.com.ng/ and click the link of your choice feel free.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria’s CSTP Completes Three Successful Experimental Rocket Launches / Coronavirus: Four Lions Test Positive For Covid-19 At Barcelona Zoo / Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.