Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,824 members, 7,872,766 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:24 PM

Lagos Lawmaker Denies Abandoning Constituents After Election Victory - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Lawmaker Denies Abandoning Constituents After Election Victory (214 Views)

Akwa Ibom Lawmaker Who Lost Pdp Ticket Shocks Constituents After Udom's Victory / Gbenga Daniel Denies Abandoning Atiku / Obasanjo Spotted In London After Buhari's Presidential Election Victory. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Lawmaker Denies Abandoning Constituents After Election Victory by bolaayenimo: 5:48pm On Dec 06, 2020
Honourable Ajani Owolabi, the lawmaker representing Lagos Mainland Constituency I in the Lagos State House of Assembly, has denied claims that he has abandoned his constituents since he was elected into the House in the 2019 general elections.

Speaking with INDEPENDENT, some of the constituents have alleged that Owolabi, the son of a federal lawmaker, moved out of his known residence immediately he was inaugurated as a member of the Assembly and only comes once in a blue moon.

They also alleged that Owolabi, who is the Chairman, House Committee on Youth and Sports, has not carried out any major empowerment since he was elected while his constituency office is always locked.

However, speaking with INDEPENDENT, Owolani denied the claim that he moved out of his residence, saying he has been living in the same house 15 years ago till date.

“My address hasn’t changed since I was elected,” he said.
On the issue of empowerment, he said while it is not the constitutional responsibilities of elected lawmakers to carry out empowerment programmes, he has done a lot for his constituents out of his goodwill and bringing areas where they need assistance to the notice of the state government.
https://www.independent.ng/lagos-lawmaker-denies-abandoning-constituents/

Re: Lagos Lawmaker Denies Abandoning Constituents After Election Victory by hisexcellency34: 5:54pm On Dec 06, 2020
they enter one chance be that
Re: Lagos Lawmaker Denies Abandoning Constituents After Election Victory by Fahdiga1: 6:33pm On Dec 06, 2020
Who takes this one serious. he is talking to his zombies

(1) (Reply)

End SARS: We Will Deal Decisively With Protesters – Cross Rivers Police Warns / Court Orders IG To Prosecute Gbadamosi For Forgery, Perjury / I Am Disgusted With CNN And BBC Coverage Of #endsars Protest - Buhari Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.