Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,788 members, 7,879,438 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 06:22 PM

Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? (40719 Views)

Lady Calls Out Her Newly Wedded Husband For Deceiving Her Into Marrying Him / Man Sells Son For N350,000 After Deceiving Mother The Baby Died During Delivery / My Friend Is Stuck With A Man Who Is Deceiving Her,please Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by Emperor4tune(m): 2:41pm On Dec 08, 2020
Nuttella:
Its when you don't know your God given purpose on earth that you whole life will be centered on marriage.
be fruitful (be fertile) and multiply (raise family,kids & generations) that is NO 1 the rest of the purpose na for you interest and pocket
Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Dec 08, 2020
Leshurr:
We write threads and blogs about how men are this and that.. how "we are the prize" and are doing men a favour - yet, a few months into the average Nigerian relationship, women are already pressurizing their boyfriends to meet the family and propose to them.

We claim we are 'scared' of marriage and yet we join groups like Sisterhood Africa-Global on Facebook where thousands of women can be seen praying and fasting for a husband and posting thier wedding testimonies.

We tell each other that marriage is not an achievement yet the married ones shame others for not having a spouse.

We claim our traditional duties of cooking and cleaning is a shared responsibility but refuse to share the 'traditional' duty of financial responsibility with our husbands.

We insult men under the guise of feminism but cry blue water when they start to injest 'redpills' and decide to go thier own way.
Who are the we in your post? Who follow you join groups on Facebook? Who follow you cry blue?

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by Regex: 2:42pm On Dec 08, 2020
pansophist:

Jesus.

So you're implying that common sense is not common within the female demographic anymore eh? To the extent that you're surprised a woman said something that make sense? In other words, to be smart is not a feature of many nairaland females ?

Which kind nonsense be this naw? cry

The author composure too much. Only to find out she's married, with kids. Probably, drawing the common sense from her husband. Read from page 1 to this page, I'm the only one she responded to, only to clarify this particular post you quoted. Her husband masculinity no be here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 08, 2020
LadySarah:
Speak for yourself. Most women are sharing household expenses today .

What's wrong with their husbands helping out or is their a type of super strength a woman has compares to a man?

Both of you come back from work and while the man unwinds, you run to the kitchen to cook, you check the laundry, check homeworks etc and still get ready to satisfy your man at night.

Again speak for yourself and carry your sufferhead.
Don't mind her.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by demmymoney(m): 2:44pm On Dec 08, 2020
BadBitch:

First of all, we're still very much in a patriarchal society, where women are shamed and bullied for not being married before thirties, I mean, the males on nairaland, even have a term "evening newspaper" an insult reserved for "single women" that are older than 27... Parents join in the circus as well, and you're wondering why some women "pressure" for marriage in the Nigerian society? For peace of mind, security, going with the "norm" and all the other privileges that come with being a married woman in this country. Anyday I step out without a wedding ring, I see the difference in how men and women regard me. And as for praying and religion and whatnot, we pray for everything in this failed state. Pray for light, water, security, health, admissions, food, so why the heck won't people pray for husband, or wife or children??

Many women are working their asses off, to make income to support the family. Many are even breadwinners, and you're here claiming women don't share financial roles? In Nigeria the poverty capital of the world? You must be kidding. Even the stay at home moms, still do business, and cover chores that would have cost a lot of money to get done if outsourced.
Catering, laundry and cleaning services are expensive services in saner climes. Not to talk of when children are now in the mix. Also the cost of them not pursuing their dreams and career goals, just to keep the home front in check.

And as for red pills or whatever the fok they call themselves, dem go dey alright. This is Nigeria, ignorance is the order of the day. Keep your pills within your borders tho'

MEN AND WOMEN ARE NOT EQUAL

WTF IS PATRIARCHAL SOCIETY

MEN HAVE AND I WILL ALWAYS DOMINATE WOMEN

WOMEN HAVE NOT BEEN AND ARE NEVER OPPRESSED

MEN HAVE PRIVILEGES

WOMEN HAVE THEIR OWN PRIVILEGES

MEN HAVE CHALLENGES

WOMEN ALSO HAVE CHALLENGES

9 Likes

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by Finnestgreat: 2:44pm On Dec 08, 2020
True talk,finally a sensible thread. OP thank u very much,may God bless u
Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by Beverlyjean(f): 2:46pm On Dec 08, 2020
Oluchia:
(Shakes head) You will never see a man putting up a post bashing and bringing down their fellow men, never! But women?? We are one of a kind, always bringing each other down and making ourselves topics for men to discuss and bash as usual. OP, welldone.

No no no u are wrong... I have noticed something about men... when their fellow guys Bleep up , they attack him... but we women will still not accept when a fellow woman does wrong ...we rather avoid the thread and thats wrong... I dont want to have a daughter to b raised in this type of society whr women deceive themselves, thats y I speak out alot... women are getting it wrong to b Frank with u... I see a lot of hypocrisy... the day I stopped believing in the women feminism movement was when Jay z with physically assaulted by solange( Beyoncé s sister) women were laughing at jay z calling , making fun of him and mocking him... the video was everywhere, no single woman called out solange ... the following week , a baseball player slapped his GF and all he'll was let loose , feminist were screaming that the guy should b jailed and sacked, of course he was sacked by his club and also lost his endorsements... besides women and men are given equal opportunity... we go to the same school , same job .... infact woman are privileged in the society

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by Leshurr(f): 2:46pm On Dec 08, 2020
pansophist:
Op be careful, this mango tree that you're shaking so, if it fall eh?

Your writeup is an exercise in futility, as it requires the female demographic you're referring, to be something they can't be, and if you anything about female nature, it is that when a lady goes bad, she hardly go back. Good girl gone bad is real. Instead of these women to digest, make changes and move on, they will attack. They are like an aboki soldier, robotic to the core, can't think for themselves, and when you see one, you've seen all.

Everything you said made sense, but "cognitive dissonance" is woven deep into the fabric of their being, they are capable of coexisting harmoniously with two contradicting thoughts, and still emerge as survivors, noble, faultless, and of course, its always men fault. The delusion is real. So madam, let them be. If anything I learnt about life, it is that "you can deny the truth because it uncomfortable, but you can not run away from the consequences of denying the truth".

Life has evolved a perfect system of rewarding, or punishing us in accordance with our works. As for me, I'll be overseeing how things goes, praising the smart ones and laughing at the idiots who think they are smart because they are young and the attentions are coming. cool

Thank you. Though I'm kinda underwhelmed by the criticism I've received so far.. actually expected far more vicious insults than women just saying I'm a 'man' pretending to be a woman. Lol.
Not surprised at all - most ladies know the truth but will never admit it and society has deteriorated so bad that everyone now assumes all women must act and think the same way (bash men, act rude and be on attack mode at all times) undecided
I've said my piece sha.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by EmmaNuella77(f): 2:46pm On Dec 08, 2020
Nigerian girls this..
Nigerian girls that..

Una no dey taya. Hiannn
grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by Emperor4tune(m): 2:46pm On Dec 08, 2020
CalliDora1:
How many ladies truly have you seen doing those things you mentioned? Or you're just trying to get the cheap attention of the men here? I hope you get it though but mind you, it won't get you into the their good books because they are habitual female bashers and will still bash you anyways. So??

Lastly, respect yourself!
no body like bitter soup,just forget this one we have decided to eat the soup with overnite eba & digest it with chill pepsi,you can wait & eat the sweet soup once it down from fire..
Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by bukatyne(f): 2:47pm On Dec 08, 2020
Beverlyjean:

Really...did u just say that @ bolded ?? grin grin grin...so he doesn't satisfy u or What?? I don't get ...isnt it enjoyed by both ??..or u see it as a favour or what?? Its confusing

The thread aside,

I cringe anytime I read 'satisfying husband sexually' as part of a chore.

It's strange and pathetic.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by Ogaonos: 2:49pm On Dec 08, 2020
LadySarah:
Speak for yourself. Most women are sharing household expenses today .

What's wrong with their husbands helping out or is their a type of super strength a woman has compares to a man?

Both of you come back from work and while the man unwinds, you run to the kitchen to cook, you check the laundry, check homeworks etc and still get ready to satisfy your man at night.

Again speak for yourself and carry your sufferhead.
is a fat lie with Nigerian ladies of nwadays
dnt confuse our mummy in the 50s Nd 60s with the 20s ladies Nd early 30s of nwadays.if u think am lying is a well knw fact that if you date a Nigerian lady for a year u must buy her a phone.if nt she cheat.look as a scenario I chat up a lady I ask a similar questions she reply DT she will support her man.but this same lady was asking if I had a car.now her wish for December is I phone 12 and bone straight wig.in this Buhari administration.she only show me she a gold digger.alot of Nigeria girls act like that they lie alot about supporting their man.but show their true colours when tested or u go broke

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by OgaRico(m): 2:50pm On Dec 08, 2020
Table shaker Leshurr
Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by ablejesus26(m): 2:52pm On Dec 08, 2020
lightpurple:

Your grandmothers and mother were not forced into the workforce system to be able to cater for themselves. They were home, with their wrappers sharing gossips with their neighbors. The society we live in now demands that everyone work, this leaves the household duties neglected. So the modern day woman should accommodate a leech & liability of a partner because she wants to keep culture?
We move with foreign guys undecided

Wrong notion
my late grandmother of blessed memory LADY JANET was a business woman very industrious to the core she was into Palm oil business she sold from Owerri to Aba to Onisha to the now Asaba even to Benin
but still the never faulted or complained about her natural flair as an African woman of being her Family Care giver

although there are some useless Lazy men who just sit and watch their wives hustle
that is not a goal point to say its a must that husbands should do the chores too

its advisable but if the man does not concur it shouldnt be a problem at all for the woman

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by Emperor4tune(m): 2:52pm On Dec 08, 2020
mosdii:

E pain you.... ntoor

grin grin take it easy bro she is always very emotional & may start sheding tears,am not ready to pet and console with any girl here grin
Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by Emperor4tune(m): 2:58pm On Dec 08, 2020
Ayandokun2000:
Feminist crew....where at thou grin cheesy
Zzor Fati2001
;d
Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by Beverlyjean(f): 3:00pm On Dec 08, 2020
ThierryJay:

I don't know why I always like your comments outside of football. This is another of your very sensible comments on this thread I just liked.

Hmm, I wish I could like it one thousand more times as it's dripping premium sense. Almost tempted to tell you to avoid the sports section and love your CR7 in silence.

Lol...even the cr7 was Rooneys rival in international football but team mates at united...
Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by trilacos: 3:03pm On Dec 08, 2020
Ahmback:
I have finally found my soulmate...
Nne where do you live?
are you blind to the extent you cant read nigga?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 08, 2020
Leshurr:
We write threads and blogs about how men are this and that.. how "we are the prize" and are doing men a favour - yet, a few months into the average Nigerian relationship, women are already pressurizing their boyfriends to meet the family and propose to them.

We claim we are 'scared' of marriage and yet we join groups like Sisterhood Africa-Global on Facebook where thousands of women can be seen praying and fasting for a husband and posting thier wedding testimonies.

We tell each other that marriage is not an achievement yet the married ones shame others for not having a spouse.

We claim our traditional duties of cooking and cleaning is a shared responsibility but refuse to share the 'traditional' duty of financial responsibility with our husbands.

We insult men under the guise of feminism but cry blue water when they start to injest 'redpills' and decide to go thier own way.
cc debbydams
Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by OgaRico(m): 3:05pm On Dec 08, 2020
[quote author=SweetCunt97 post=96856041]"Traditional" financial responsibility?

Wo Las Las both gender needs each other so all this one na long story.

I for fit bet with pesin say you no dey active for NL again.
Greetings from here ma.
Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by Maobichek: 3:07pm On Dec 08, 2020
Ahmback:
I have finally found my soulmate...
Nne where do you live?
She is married with 2 daughters, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by tiswell(m): 3:13pm On Dec 08, 2020
Nuttella:
Its when you don't know your God given purpose on earth that you whole life will be centered on marriage.
seem you have lost all hope for marriage

1 Like

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by Martialb1(m): 3:15pm On Dec 08, 2020
JovialJune:
Who are the we precisely? You should specifically be precise by saying this only apply to the women you have had personal encounter with in your existence

And pls stop yapping like someone living in a cave, most of what you mentioned doesn't even apply in the world today, e.g most women share more in the financial responsibility than men doing house hold chores.

Except you probably created this thread to start unnecessary war of gender words.

Mumu

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by Chimeluv(f): 3:16pm On Dec 08, 2020
grin grin grin Country too hard make person laugh small

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by payloader(m): 3:17pm On Dec 08, 2020
Kuns84:

You don't do "senseless banters" but yet you responded. Ode.
Are you wasting your energy quarreling with a lady? You are not ready for marriage, yet, if you are unmarried. If you are, you can kiss your peace of mind addieu.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by Blakpot: 3:18pm On Dec 08, 2020
JovialJune:
Who are the we precisely? You should specifically be precise by saying this only apply to the women you have had personal encounter with in your existence

And pls stop yapping like someone living in a cave, most of what you mentioned doesn't even apply in the world today, e.g most women share more in the financial responsibility than men doing house hold chores.

Except you probably created this thread to start unnecessary war of gender words.

The beauty of irony.
Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by StennyB(f): 3:20pm On Dec 08, 2020
Clout chaser

1 Like

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by Emperor4tune(m): 3:20pm On Dec 08, 2020
Youngzedd:
Red Pill - Restoring the society to factory settings.
a cheers to that bro,is just a mater of time,am planning a #redpill revolution.men must be saved from the shakels pussy has enslave & manipulated them for years,at times i weep for simps because i wish they could humble themselves and seek akanouche & be free like a bird in the air,when women see me they began to tremble in fear because they no my head is stored with their formula & logics,even if they want to manipulate equations from the moon,i emperor4tune will crack & solve them with ease and smile. grin

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by kay29000(m): 3:26pm On Dec 08, 2020
Beverlyjean:

If I share in the financial responsibilities department with my husband, it doesn't automatically mean he must share on the take care of the home department with me... if he wants to clean , then he does it out of his free will....its not a competition sister...the moment u turn it to a competition, thats the day ur marriage will start to go down the drain

So true. I hope she gets to understands this.
Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by trilacos: 3:28pm On Dec 08, 2020
Truthteller2020:
Pure sensible lady,if you're not married I fit marry you.. Meanwhile, it's "their" not "thier"...pls acept my correction in good fate, nobody is perfect.
it's "accept" not "acept",nobody is perfect.
Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by TimiRume(f): 3:34pm On Dec 08, 2020
Oluchia:
(Shakes head) You will never see a man putting up a post bashing and bringing down their fellow men, never! But women?? We are one of a kind, always bringing each other down and making ourselves topics for men to discuss and bash as usual. OP, welldone.
The op is a guy, and the other f monickers dropping comments on every page are guys too. grin

Nairaland guys are frustrated misogynists.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by Truthteller2020: 3:35pm On Dec 08, 2020
trilacos:
it's "accept" not "acept",nobody is perfect.
Lol..I already made it clear that no one is perfect..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Man Celebrates His Mum Who Graduated After Dropping Out To Send Him To School / 5 Years After Divorce, Woman Returns To Ex-husband's House To Beat Up New Wife / Things Responsible Men Do When Their Partner Is Pregnant -bamisepeters' Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.