Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,667 members, 7,975,519 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 08:02 AM

The Trains Are Back! Nigeria Is Moving Forward! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Trains Are Back! Nigeria Is Moving Forward! (8070 Views)

Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? / GEJ Trains are Far Better & Classy than London's First Capital Connect trains / The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Trains Are Back! Nigeria Is Moving Forward! by lolatom: 10:32pm On Mar 24, 2011
Kobojunkie:

see brain fart talking . . . . Oh . . . dumb one, there is no such thing! The locomotives themselves came in last year, I believe during the time Yar adua was still in a coma and the whole country was still wondering which way forward. ROFLMAO!!!

The contracts were awarded to independent entities and eventually completed by these private bodies during the yar adua administration.

May the spirit of the dead punish you for attempting to steal from one of theirs with that nonsense you have there.

ROFLMAO!!

See this persona non grata trying too hard to make sense U sound foolish the more. what if it was YarAdua that awarded the contract? It's being implemented in GEJ's tenure. Period. Fall off ur high horse and give the man some credit. ODEnsin.

Kenny_G:

So what if he tries to arrogate the glory to himself? if people are quick to crucify him for the past sins of pdp, some of which he probably knoew nothing about why shouldnt he follow suit
Don't mind that St.u.pid Junkie, A psychoanalisis of her/it has shown she posts to stay relevant not minding if she/it 'd make sense or not. Too bad Sanity Test is not a requirement to register on NL.
Re: The Trains Are Back! Nigeria Is Moving Forward! by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 24, 2011
http://www.afripol.org/afripol/item/40-nigeria-inflation-as-tool-to-erode-the-foreign-debt.html

YEAR                                   INFLATION RATE %

1970                                      13.8

1971                                      16

1972                                        3.2

1973                                        5.2

1974                                      13.4

1975                                       33.9

1976                                       21.2

1977                                       15.4

1978                                       16.6

1979                                       11.8

1980                                         9.9

1981                                       20.9

1982                                         7.7

1983                                       23.2

1984                                       39.6

1985                                         5.5

considering  that Buhari came into power in 1984 and was overthrown 1985 he reduced inflation from 39% to 5.5% whichis actually a reduction of approx 90%

Do you still doubt Buhari?

Forget about Buhari's debatiing skills, he is not a talker, he be na action man smiley
PapaBrowne:

I have done my research Mr! You provide me with your own proof and I will gladly vote for the General. I was almost getting persuaded to vote Buhari until I watched the NN24 debate!
Re: The Trains Are Back! Nigeria Is Moving Forward! by KennyG6(m): 10:36pm On Mar 24, 2011
Kobojunkie:

But . . , he is mostly crucified for HIS OWN PAST SINS, as well as his present, not that of others, in the PDP.

I mean look at River's State Governor Rotimi Amaechi, and Enugu State Governor, Sullivan Chime, these men are PDP members but you do not see people crucifying them for past crimes, do you? Matter of fact, these men are praised daily because they have shown themselves different from the usual flock. Jonathan, on the other hand hasn't, so don't you think it make sense for people to crucify him then for his past sins, as well as his present, against them, especially as a member of the PDP flock? Or did you think it was all for what SOMEONE else did?? ROFLMAO!!!

You know what, you deserve it! The next time someone steals your idea and sells it as theres, I hope you be happy for em!

ROFLMAO!!! the way some people take dey think ehn!!! ROFLMAO!!
by all means crucify the man if and when it is deserved, but equally praise him when it is deserved
Re: The Trains Are Back! Nigeria Is Moving Forward! by Nobody: 10:41pm On Mar 24, 2011
How can you praise anyone for building just 1 train??
Re: The Trains Are Back! Nigeria Is Moving Forward! by Kobojunkie: 10:41pm On Mar 24, 2011
Kenny_G:

by all means crucify the man if and when it is deserved, but equally praise him when it is deserved

Well, that is the problem. THIS IS NOT his project SO DON't PRAISE him for what was not accomplished by him -- give the praise to the person who deserves it -- which is the person who actually worked to see this come to fruition -- Yar adua.

Again, like I tried explaining earlier to the dingbat in the room, Yar adua gave this contract out -- the private contractor that worked on it received the go ahead from Yar adua's team and completed as expected. Unless someone can come up with Jonathan actually modifying or taking control of this at any point, I suggest we NOt steal from the dead man to make the living man who HAS NOT ACCOMPLISHED MUCH in his 12 years in high office, ALL BY HIMSELF, look good!

So, if you must praise someone for this, since that seems what most of you like to do, PRAISE YAR ADUA!!! grin
Re: The Trains Are Back! Nigeria Is Moving Forward! by KennyG6(m): 10:44pm On Mar 24, 2011
^^^and who was yar adua's deputy? how are we sure the idea was not GEJ's in the first instance? so you mean to tell me that though 90-95% of the work had been done by the late president the 5% GEJ was involved in is that intangible that the deal couldn't have fallen through?
Re: The Trains Are Back! Nigeria Is Moving Forward! by Kobojunkie: 10:49pm On Mar 24, 2011
Kenny_G:

^^^and who was yar adua's deputy? how are we sure the idea was not GEJ's in the first instance? so you mean to tell me that though 90-95% of the work had been done by the late president the 5% GEJ was involved in is that intangible that the deal couldn't have fallen through?

Ok . . . so are you saying we now consider he was yar adua's deputy and possibly supported ALL OF WHAT THE ADMINISTRATION did then since he never made a sound in opposition that we know of? Is this what you want us to do now?  I would think the man be willing to take ALL or NOTHING since we have no record of him saying ANYTHING against ANY OF THE ACTIONS taken by the yar adua administration. cool
Re: The Trains Are Back! Nigeria Is Moving Forward! by KennyG6(m): 10:56pm On Mar 24, 2011
Ok Ms Kobojunkie i can tell u are not GEJ's fan and nothing i say is likely to make you at least show some objectivity so its best we park this conversation to one side, grin
Re: The Trains Are Back! Nigeria Is Moving Forward! by Kobojunkie: 10:58pm On Mar 24, 2011
Kenny_G:

Ok Ms Kobojunkie i can tell u are not GEJ's fan and nothing i say is likely to make you at least show some objectivity so its best we park this conversation to one side,  grin

I don't NEED to be a fan of his or want to kiss his arse --- I am more interested in the records of our various politicians. So far, Jonathan's record shows him no better than Yar adua in the area of accomplishments and I rank him real low when it comes to trustworthy professionals. I can't give him a pass on that when he, of his own, made sure that people like me would not see him capable.

If you however talk of people like Sullivan Chime, Amaechi Rotimi, Fashola, and as I heard Mimiko, then I will say these are capable and competent beings who have been able to produce average output for the time and resources the people have invested in them. Jonathan on the other hand produced nothing, and I have heard all kinds of excuses for the why of this.
Re: The Trains Are Back! Nigeria Is Moving Forward! by KennyG6(m): 11:01pm On Mar 24, 2011
^^^ok ooooo wink
Re: The Trains Are Back! Nigeria Is Moving Forward! by monkeyleg: 11:04pm On Mar 24, 2011
Guys, lets be fair, for all my criticism of Jonathan, this is a step in the right direction.
Re: The Trains Are Back! Nigeria Is Moving Forward! by KennyG6(m): 11:08pm On Mar 24, 2011
^^^ abi o, funny how people on one hand claim idiagbon was the brains of the 84-85 team yet they are keen to tout buhari as the saviour
Re: The Trains Are Back! Nigeria Is Moving Forward! by Kobojunkie: 11:13pm On Mar 24, 2011
Kenny_G:

^^^ abi o, funny how people on one hand claim idiagbon was the brains of the 84-85 team yet they are keen to tout buhari as the saviour

Actually in the Buhari-Idiaghon case you have a different story -- the man, Buhari, own's the good and the bad that happened during his administration -- whether initiated by Idiaghon or not -- there is no question of that. I believe even Idiaghon would also own responsibility for the good and bad that happened during those 18 months, if he were alive today.

Unfortunately, Jonathan Goodluck has tried hard to portray himself as some sort of victim under the Yar adua administration and so it makes sense to distance him from all that that administration was associated with . ,  .  it is even hard to pin that which we know he was put in charge of, on him.
Re: The Trains Are Back! Nigeria Is Moving Forward! by KennyG6(m): 11:17pm On Mar 24, 2011
^^^hehehe i thought i called time out?? grin
Re: The Trains Are Back! Nigeria Is Moving Forward! by PapaBrowne(m): 1:36am On Mar 25, 2011
GenBuhari:

considering  that Buhari came into power in 1984 and was overthrown 1985 he reduced inflation from 39% to 5.5% whichis actually a reduction of approx 90%

Do you still doubt Buhari?

Forget about Buhari's debatiing skills, he is not a talker, he be na action man smiley

Buhari ruled Nigeria from January 1st 1984 to August 27th 1985. The inflation for 1984, the only complete year Buhari spent in power was the about the highest the nation had ever seen throughout its existence at 39%. That 1985 experienced dramatic reduction in inflation can be attributed to Babangida for all I care as he took over power and initiated new policies that were pretty favorable until 1988 when the SAP effect began to hit!! You can't give Buhari sole credit for 1985 when he spent just about half the year as president. He should take full responsibility for 1984.

The diagram below shows how the PDP government we loathe so much grew our economy astronomically since 1999. Nigeria's GDP shrunk under the Buhari Government and you can see it also from the diagram.

Re: The Trains Are Back! Nigeria Is Moving Forward! by Sammy107d(m): 1:42am On Mar 25, 2011
Re: The Trains Are Back! Nigeria Is Moving Forward! by kodewrita(m): 7:21am On Mar 25, 2011
PapaBrowne:

Buhari ruled Nigeria from January 1st 1984 to August 27th 1985. The inflation for 1984, the only complete year Buhari spent in power was the about the highest the nation had ever seen throughout its existence at 39%. That 1985 experienced dramatic reduction in inflation can be attributed to Babangida for all I care as he took over power and initiated new policies that were pretty favorable until 1988 when the SAP effect began to hit!! You can't give Buhari sole credit for 1985 when he spent just about half the year as president. He should take full responsibility for 1984.

The diagram below shows how the PDP government we loathe so much grew our economy astronomically since 1999. Nigeria's GDP shrunk under the Buhari Government and you can see it also from the diagram.

PapaBrowne, My own interpretation is a bit different.
I see the effect of war on GDP at the beginning.

I can see a country in hiatus under babangida oscillating about its lowest mean since 1980.

I can see the net effect of Democracy on GDP.

And finally, at the tail end,  I can see the effect of the Yaradua-Jonathan presidency.

Correct me if I am wrong
Re: The Trains Are Back! Nigeria Is Moving Forward! by 10cirenoh: 7:27am On Mar 25, 2011
PapaBrowne:

Gosh!!! people can fit lie.

"For Nigerians who will be voting for PDP at any level in next month elections; may all your lives be RUN the way the PDP has been RUNNING Nigeria for the past I2years, AMEN"-- ABS UMAR
Re: The Trains Are Back! Nigeria Is Moving Forward! by PapaBrowne(m): 11:39am On Mar 25, 2011
kodewrita:

PapaBrowne, My own interpretation is a bit different.
I see the effect of war on GDP at the beginning.

I can see a country in hiatus under babangida oscillating about its lowest mean since 1980.

I can see the net effect of Democracy on GDP.

And finally, at the tail end,  I can see the effect of the Yaradua-Jonathan presidency.

Correct me if I am wrong

Yeah, the war in 1970 did have a minuscule effect on GDP, but that was long before Buhari came to power. If you observe, we had a decline from 1980 after Shagari took over but that was as a result of a decline in oil prices and this was the reason Buhari gave for truncating our democracy. Under Buhari, Nigeria lost a chunk of its GDP and we crashed from over $30 Bilion to 20 something Billion dollars!!

That net effect of democracy that you see was managed by the PDP led government!!

At the tail end, the effect you see is the world Financial crisis. If the figure for 2010 was added you would see an instant spike in the graph and you can give Jonathan sole credit for that!!
Re: The Trains Are Back! Nigeria Is Moving Forward! by PapaBrowne(m): 11:43am On Mar 25, 2011
10cirenoh:

Gosh!!! people can fit lie.

"For Nigerians who will be voting for PDP at any level in next month elections; may all your lives be RUN the way the PDP has been RUNNING Nigeria for the past I2years, AMEN"-- ABS UMAR

How about your own life be run the way CPC members like Mohammed Abacha ran things with all the mafia style executions and massive lootings he perpertuated!!
Re: The Trains Are Back! Nigeria Is Moving Forward! by Nobody: 11:46am On Mar 25, 2011
papabrowne,
either you are completely unaware of  basic economics and the damage that the Babaginda regime did to our economy or you think you are talking to a bunch of 5 year olds here.

When Buhari took power he met an inflation rate of 39.6% , when he left in the tail end of 1985 (approx Sept 1985), inflation was 5%, Buhari left the our exchange rate at N1.00 =$1.00

Please tell me how you could attribute the inflation rate in 1985 to IBB who came in at the tail end of 1985 and whose policy of devaluing the Naira by 1,700%  angry angry would reduce inflation??

Finally PDP especially under OBJ may have had high GDP due to the accident of record high oil prices , but most of the money was looted, PDP could not even provide electricity or reduce crime.

You can not argue with cold hard facts my friend.

PapaBrowne:

Re: The Trains Are Back! Nigeria Is Moving Forward! by 10cirenoh: 11:49am On Mar 25, 2011
PapaBrowne:

How about your own life be run the way CPC members like Mohammed Abacha ran things with all the mafia style executions and massive lootings he perpertuated!!

Is Mohammed Abacha Muhammad Buhari? why are you thinking upside down? i was expecting you to say Muhammad Buhari, but you failed because you know deep inside of you that the man ruled Nigeria well grin grin grin grin grin

Was Mohammad abacha ever in a CPC government? has he taken any position under cpc so far so good? grin grin grin grin

Shame to you and all of the PDP apologists.
Re: The Trains Are Back! Nigeria Is Moving Forward! by PapaBrowne(m): 12:07pm On Mar 25, 2011
10cirenoh:

Is Mohammed Abacha Muhammad Buhari? why are you thinking upside down? i was expecting you to say Muhammad Buhari, but you failed because you know deep inside of you that the man ruled Nigeria well grin grin grin grin grin

Was Mohammad abacha ever in a CPC government? has he taken any position under cpc so far so good? grin grin grin grin

Shame to you and all of the PDP apologists.

Why did you then say PDP?? Why not GEJ!!

Now let me say a prayer for those voting GEJ:

May your life experience the same astronomical rising like that of Goodluck Jonathan.
May you move from you present position to the zenith of you career just like that of Good Luck Jonathan
May the favor that hit Goodluck Jonathan hit you even more!!!
Re: The Trains Are Back! Nigeria Is Moving Forward! by PapaBrowne(m): 12:16pm On Mar 25, 2011
GenBuhari:

papabrowne,
either you are completely unaware of  basic economics and the damage that the Babaginda regime did to our economy or you think you are talking to a bunch of 5 year olds here.

When Buhari took power he met an inflation rate of 39.6% , when he left in the tail end of 1985 (approx Sept 1985), inflation was 5%, Buhari left the our exchange rate at N1.00 =$1.00

Please tell me how you could attribute the inflation rate in 1985 to IBB who came in at the tail end of 1985 and whose policy of devaluing the Naira by 1,700%  angry angry would reduce inflation??

Finally PDP especially under OBJ may have had high GDP due to the accident of record high oil prices , but most of the money was looted, PDP could not even provide electricity or reduce crime.

You can not argue with cold hard facts my friend.

Gen Buhari, I understand that you are a hardcore supporter of Buhari, hence you would naturally blind yourself to the truth!! If the economy was great under Buhari, why did the size of our GDP fall throughout the duration of his regime??
The inflation rate you talked about- 39.6% is not what Buhari met!! From your figures, Buhari met 23% inflation rate and after one year in office, he had risen the inflation to 39.6%. You are the one who provided those figures and they are there for every one to see!!
I am an economist and I've more than enough data to show that Nigeria's economy under Buhari was a mess!!
Our GDP per captia fell, our GDP fell, foreign direct investments fell, our international diplomacy collapsed. Infact we had problems with the UK and it was during Buhari's Government that the UK concelled the Visa Free policy for Nigerians!!

All these put together are some of the reasons Nigerians were jubilating when IBB took over power from Buhari!!
Re: The Trains Are Back! Nigeria Is Moving Forward! by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 25, 2011
@PapaBrowne,
Who are u trying to deceive?

GDP due to accident of oil prices, oil prices were falling during Buhari's government. This was what caused the economic crisis for the clueless and corrupt Shagari's adminstration, that made it necessary for Buhari to take power.

23% was the inflation rate in 1983, Buhari came into power beginning of 1984. Inflation rate for 1984 was 39.6% which is what Buhari met.  When he left in 1985 inflation rate was 5%. 

Why do you find this difficult to understand?

Do you want me to tell it to you in Igbo or Yoruba or Hausa?

If you are an economist, then all I can say is that you know nothing about your subject.

I am guessing you must have done quite well from the corrupt systemwe have , otherwise why would you be arguing against Buhari's government - the only anti- corruption government we had ever had.

Buhari achieved all this in just 1.5 years and also paid of our debt.  Imagine if he had a full term?

PapaBrowne:

why did the size of our GDP fall throughout the duration of his regime??

The inflation rate you talked about- 39.6% is not what Buhari met!! From your figures, Buhari met 23% inflation rate and after one year in office, he had risen the inflation to 39.6%. You are the one who provided those figures and they are there for every one to see!!
I am an economist and I've more than enough data to show that Nigeria's economy under Buhari was a mess!!

All these put together are some of the reasons Nigerians were jubilating when IBB took over power from Buhari!!
Re: The Trains Are Back! Nigeria Is Moving Forward! by 10cirenoh: 12:50pm On Mar 25, 2011
PapaBrowne:

Why did you then say PDP?? Why not GEJ!!

Now let me say a prayer for those voting GEJ:

May your life experience  the same astronomical rising like that of Goodluck Jonathan.
May you move from you present position to the zenith of you career just like that of Good Luck Jonathan
May the favor that hit Goodluck Jonathan hit you even more!!!

Hehehehe, you still don't get it, do you?

GEJ has been a member of PDP since 1999

When did Muhammad Abacha join CPC? and his father was the one Nigerians have problem with, no the son.

Now let me repeat it again

May all the lives of PDP supporters be like that of how GEJ has managed Bayelsa and Nigeria since 1999.

I expect you to say AMEN to this or is this not okay enough?
Re: The Trains Are Back! Nigeria Is Moving Forward! by Kobojunkie: 2:15pm On Mar 25, 2011
10cirenoh:

May all the lives of PDP supporters be like that of how GEJ has managed Bayelsa and Nigeria since 1999.

[size=13pt]ROFLMAO[/size]!!

Kenny_G:

^^^hehehe i thought i called time out?? grin

A time out should include a stopping of the trash from your end! grin
Re: The Trains Are Back! Nigeria Is Moving Forward! by PapaBrowne(m): 2:41pm On Mar 25, 2011
10cirenoh:

Now let me repeat it again

May all the lives of PDP GEJ supporters be like that of GEJ has managed Bayelsa and Nigeria since 1999.

AMEN
Re: The Trains Are Back! Nigeria Is Moving Forward! by EzeUche2(m): 2:44pm On Mar 25, 2011
The GDP has grown astronomically under the stewardship of PDP. No one can deny that. Much still needs to be done, but it could have been done a lot worse.
Re: The Trains Are Back! Nigeria Is Moving Forward! by Jen33(m): 4:04pm On Mar 25, 2011
Re: The Trains Are Back! Nigeria Is Moving Forward! by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 25, 2011
GDP growth between 1999 and 2005, is an accident of astronomically high record oil prices.

More importantly is what has been done with the revenue over the last 12 years?

- It has all been looted away and sitting in PDP foriegn banks whilst we have no light, are dying daily from accidents on bad roads, and from high crime and very poor health service angry

Buhari is tried and tested as only anti- corruption government we have ever had.

Vote Buhari / CPC.

EzeUche_:

The GDP has grown astronomically under the stewardship of PDP. No one can deny that. Much still needs to be done, but it could have been done a lot worse.
Re: The Trains Are Back! Nigeria Is Moving Forward! by Sammy107d(m): 4:34pm On Mar 25, 2011
Jen33:

[img]http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg&STREAMOID=W7YpqdnJKAlEtwv8XtJW_C6SYeqqxXXqBcOgKOfTXxQEOOVm0FCbpfZw3bMEAh$qnW_PgxgftuECOcfJwS6Jtlp$r8Fy$6AAZ9zyPuHJ25T7a9GKDSxsGxtpmxP0VAUyHL6IDcZHtmM2t7xO$FHdJG95dFi6y2Uma3vSsvPpVyo-[/img]

[img]http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?[/img][img]http://CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg&STREAMOID=mRMwU194RDqUHHTUrZNDYC6SYeqqxXXqBcOgKOfTXxQwp7jzFFPJXeulYYykLopInW_PgxgftuECOcfJwS6Jtlp$r8Fy$6AAZ9zyPuHJ25T7a9GKDSxsGxtpmxP0VAUyHL6IDcZHtmM2t7xO$FHdJG95dFi6y2Uma3vSsvPpVyo-[/img]

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQ6tvNzrCOHfMMIaeuz5b3abvsy264n7iI_UUUcQHSj5tmei-Lbw&t=1[/img]

What dimension of third-world piece of junk is this? Why do we celebrate sub-mediocre projects? Simple aesthetics and security cannot be achieved, and you expect long-term efficiency in the rail-system? This entire charade was activated to delude your minds and wrongly skew your votes. It'll all be deservingly retired on May 30. Vote Buhari/Bakare's CPC at the federal level for true change. Examine your candidates thoroughly at the state and legislative levels and vote whatever party wisely.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Revealed!!! Dirty Facts About Fomer VP Atiku Abubakar / Against All Odds, Rochas Wins Re-election / Age Falsification & Retirement Manipulation Rocks Anambra LG Service Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.