Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,596 members, 7,948,314 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 06:03 PM

How Useful Is An HSE Certificate Now? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Useful Is An HSE Certificate Now? (378 Views)

How Useful Is Studying Anatomy In Securing Medicine And Surgery Or Pharmacy / How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? / HSE Certificate Training Online! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Useful Is An HSE Certificate Now? by hector: 6:42pm On Dec 07, 2020
Good day everyone,

A friend phoned me yesterday to join a training in HSE today. I started the class today and the training is supposed to take 2weeks. The organizers of the training decided to use my friend's church as a venue.

I was told we are to pay 20k to get certified by them at the end of the training. The training is for HSE 1, 2 3 and advanced HSE. Also included is cyber security, although I was told the cyber security training will be done online after the two weeks training; payment for certificate is 5k for cyber security.

At the end of the class today, handbills were given to us to invite other persons to join us.

I'm wondering if their certification is authentic enough to be considered by employers in Nigeria or overseas. And the Chances of getting a job placement in Nigeria or overseas with such certificates. Because I don't want to pack anymore certificates into my folder if such certificates aren't going to be very useful. I have an Msc in the biological sciences already.
And I don't want to fall victim to hustlers who want to make money, waste my time and transportation then award me useless certificate at the end of the day.
Re: How Useful Is An HSE Certificate Now? by dacillin: 7:04pm On Dec 07, 2020
Op, the national and international HSE cert. Recognize are ISPON, NEBOSH, IOSH, WSO, etc.
The one you are about to attend and thise organize in NYSC camps are mushroom.
Re: How Useful Is An HSE Certificate Now? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Dec 07, 2020
HSE certification is greatly appreciated in oil and gas industry, but the arrangement you described is not training but MLM.
Re: How Useful Is An HSE Certificate Now? by hector: 8:31pm On Dec 07, 2020
PenuelFarms:
HSE certification is greatly appreciated in oil and gas industry, but the arrangement you described is not training but MLM.

What is MLM?
Re: How Useful Is An HSE Certificate Now? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Dec 07, 2020
hector:

What is MLM?

Multi Level Marketing. grin

(1) (Reply)

University Workers To Protest On Tuesday Over IPPIS, Other Issues / WAEC Registration Date Extended / WAEC GCE Civic Education 2021/2022 Latest Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.