Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,405 members, 7,911,005 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 10:34 PM

"...there Are People Who Thought I Was A Refugee Seeker...", A Nigerian Recount. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "...there Are People Who Thought I Was A Refugee Seeker...", A Nigerian Recount. (245 Views)

Pictures Only People Who Attended Primary School In Nigeria Will Understand / Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? / 30-Year-Old Pupil - Asylum Seeker Fools UK School, Pretends To Be 14 (See Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"...there Are People Who Thought I Was A Refugee Seeker...", A Nigerian Recount. by sholay4star: 1:06pm On Dec 08, 2020
A Nigerian with the name Oludipe, Temitope Gabriel recounted his earliest experience as an international student in Canada.

Part 1.
To God be the glory. I Took this pictures exactly 5 years ago, there are people who thought I was a refugee seeker, I don't know I look like one and many don't believe it when I tell them that i'm an international student. I know some people who chose to chase their papers through crook means and still yet to get it, then it becomes difficult for them to go back to school. I see some of you coming to Canada very soon so listen, they will come to you the moment they see that you are new in they city, they will start by offering to help you settle in, then they'll convince you and make it look easier that they can get you residency at the expense of your education, they will tell you that the reason why you wanted to go to school and spend those hard earned $$$$ on your education is to eventually secure a residency but they can do it in less than a year or in six months and you won't have to stress yourself in paying huge tuition fees! Don't fall for it!
Get yourself education at all cost, it is the only tool that will take you so far in life, residency gotten through a crooked means can be revoked but nobody can revoke the knowledge you've gotten through education.
You're technically mortgaging your life when you start chasing papers when you're suppose to be chasing your educational career, many people in this circle ended up as an unskilled or semi-skilled laborer, you don't wanna work for the rest of your life loading and offloading in a factory, moreover, the $$ you're earning today working in a factory won't have the same purchasing power in the next 5 year, you'll be static with no promotion!
Many Nigerians are stucked in the system, those not stucked have their residency application hanging and can only hope it's approved! Check the statistics, check how many Nigerians who has applied for refugee in the last 2 years, check the numbers who originally came into the country on study permit, this explains why many Nigerians with true intent to study in Canada always have their application refused because it is very difficult for consular to decide who is with a genuine intent and who is not!
Once again, I see some of you coming here soon and I hope you respect the conditions of your visa especially those of you who will come on study permit!
Education is the key!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3581430478570008&id=100001092744838

Re: "...there Are People Who Thought I Was A Refugee Seeker...", A Nigerian Recount. by sholay4star: 1:16pm On Dec 08, 2020
What a transformation!

1 Like

Re: "...there Are People Who Thought I Was A Refugee Seeker...", A Nigerian Recount. by otipoju(m): 2:04pm On Dec 08, 2020
There are some doors that will not open to you in the west until you pay your dues...by going to their school.
Re: "...there Are People Who Thought I Was A Refugee Seeker...", A Nigerian Recount. by sinkhole: 4:14pm On Dec 08, 2020
OP, no vex o but you truely look like a refugee from Eritrea grin

(1) (Reply)

Data Analyst Coaching In Hyderabad / How To Write Your Entrepreneurial Action Project For Anglia Ruskin University / URGENT! Enquiry About Original WAEC Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.