Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,421 members, 7,904,565 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 03:34 PM

Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? (28066 Views)

I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. / How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? / Can I Travel To Australia With N4.5 Million? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by DEMZEE(m): 2:21pm On Dec 09, 2020
If u want to marry in a western society then u will need redpill and a bit MGTOW to navigate relationships with the female gender there if not u go divorce like mumu and end up broke

The best thing is to marry here, travel abroad for business and not base abroad.

No place like naija

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 09, 2020
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

I will advise you marry first. Make sure you trust her and make sure you both would be sincere to each other before traveling, after sometimes you can proceed her visa.

If am were you!!

IamD18:
Travel out and marry, else you'll end up sending your hard earned money from abroad to Nigeria for a supposed wife who'll be cheating around.

Travel out first bruv.

You'll see classy women that you'll marry there.
Nairaland is not the right place for this kind of discussion, people will always bring different opinion
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by daewoorazer(m): 2:21pm On Dec 09, 2020
First you need to understand that marriage these days is overrated. As I am talking to you, I am in a dilemma , one that exactly photocopies yours, I hope you’d listen.

Situation A:
If you marry a village girl and travel out, it will take you at least 3-5 years to settle down before you can even think of returning home. A fact known is that an average Nigerian girl is NOT loyal (Did you read the story on the front page about a lady getting exposed by her junior sister due to infidelity complications while husband was away?). That’d be 99% your situation if you go with this option.

Situation B:
Any lady you’d marry overseas is definitely sophisticated and with a 75% chance the “feminism mantra” is one of her core values. Be ready to share “diaper change” 50-50. Don’t listen to those people saying there are Nigerian born girls with manners over there, tUEH! Na leveler. What am I saying in essence, if you are a man that cherishes culture and orthodox family values, you’d sweat inside snow if you choose this option.

Now that I’ve opened your eyes for free, embrace for yourself the lesser evil OR fvck marriage and have a baby mama if you wanna live long!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by pansophist(m): 2:22pm On Dec 09, 2020
Go abroad first, then decide to marry later. Its easier getting visa as a young man, also, you're mobile, independent and can rough things alone without being burdened by an extra mouth to cater for.

Also, most of the guys that later became citizens here are guys that were single and their single status was the luck they need to get their documents through relationship with a native, so do not block that route. Many folks I know here also wished they were single, as they can just become citizens in few years when married to a native. Besides, if worse, you can always go back to nigeria and pick a wife, but don't block that option. Be mobile, and flexible, thats your superpower as a potential migrant.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Lewisalexander(m): 2:23pm On Dec 09, 2020
Please please I beg you. Travel n marry over there. I have seen a lot of tragic n heartbroken stories with couples living far from each other. I have seen, not heard. My eyes don see many coro coro

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by endsarrrs(f): 2:24pm On Dec 09, 2020
LEAVE THE CORN-TREE NOW. FORGET MARRYING FOR NOW. . . JUST GO!

3 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by TheLionsPride: 2:24pm On Dec 09, 2020
sweetmelanin:
You are a single guy, this is one of the best positions one can be in when planning to migrate ... why would it even cross your mind tie yourself down at this point?

Marry now and you will have to hustle twice as hard to take care of yourself, whilst also maintaining a woman back home and struggling to bring her over to where you are - of which ..if your plans fail or you're not able to secure your stay on time, she might get antsy and move on without you.

This is an unnecessary burden when you can easily find someone to settle down with abroad... there are lots of decent black British, black American, black Canadian girls of Nigerian heritage you can fall in love and build a future with - who will also be happy to help you secure your stay through marriage.
Mmmh...op pay attention to this...this write up really captivated my interest cos I,m facing a similar circumstances with the op. I,m about to travel out for my 2nd degree in medicine and surgery @ 33. This advice is rich and unquantifiable.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Lemken: 2:24pm On Dec 09, 2020
zzor won't like this

sweetmelanin:
You are a single guy, this is one of the best positions one can be in when planning to migrate ... why would it even cross your mind tie yourself down at this point?

Marry now and you will have to hustle twice as hard to take care of yourself, whilst also maintaining a woman back home and struggling to bring her over to where you are - of which ..if your plans fail or you're not able to secure your stay on time, she might get antsy and move on without you.

This is an unnecessary burden when you can easily find someone to settle down with abroad... there are lots of decent black British, black American, black Canadian girls of Nigerian heritage you can fall in love and build a future with - who will also be happy to help you secure your stay through marriage.
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by frugal(m): 2:24pm On Dec 09, 2020
hector:

I am 32. I am planning to move overseas- America, Canada, Europe or Australia in that order. But I'm seriously considering settling down before I turn 35 or at most 35. My problem right now is having to decide if getting married before i travel will be a better idea considering how uncertain things might be for a new immigrant.

I can be skeptical towards ladies, very selective and reserved. So I want to hear your suggestions please..

First questions:
1. Do you have a visa already?
2. Do you have a serious girlfriend/relationship?

Or you're just dreaming?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 09, 2020
Depends on the type of visa you secure for your travel. If is tourist visa how do you intend to remain in the country? Possibilities are asylum, getting married to a citizen of that country or paying some one to give you documents. Travelling can set you several years behind getting married except you coming for studies or you got sponsorship or job relocation. You have to decide if you will settle down and raise a family in Nigeria or travelling abroad and face the realities you will meet. But marrying before travelling is NOT advisable if you don't have clear time line when you wife will be joining you it only increases pressure on you good luck

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Midas01: 2:25pm On Dec 09, 2020
Lol
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Kingzjayzee: 2:25pm On Dec 09, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright...
Tell her to take in na

I mean get her pregnant and do some introduction before you discharge atleast with that she will reduce are whoring
she will reduce. Not as if she will stop it. Chai! grin
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by mmsen: 2:26pm On Dec 09, 2020
IamD18:
Travel out and marry, else you'll end up sending your hard earned money from abroad to Nigeria for a supposed wife who'll be cheating around.

Travel out first bruv.

Women are scandalous everywhere.

Why do you think divorce rates are so high in the western world? Why do you think family courts are so busy in the countries that OP listed?

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Debra911(f): 2:26pm On Dec 09, 2020
PataAlhajaKeji:
Never!

Don't you ever get married. Never!

Marriage ain't worth it.

The cons far outweigh the pros. Trust me.
How many girls don break your heart
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by BrainArk(m): 2:28pm On Dec 09, 2020
Travel out first if you can, don't give yourself unnecessary burden yet.

Are you thinking of installing CCTV in your home or office? We offer you the best CCTV installation services with our wide range of CCTV system, contact us also for your solar, inverter and satellite installation.
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 09, 2020
IamD18:

Travel out first bruv.

his kids will get citizenship when they are born there sef.
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by abimic(m): 2:29pm On Dec 09, 2020
hector, jappa, marry abroad, you a new immigrant, finding your feet would not be easy, depending on the country you choose to go to, and you need all help you need. So go there, and marry, you would even see women who would help you achieve your aim and help you settle in faster. It seems you are single here anyway. Wishing you safe trip.
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Bullman(m): 2:30pm On Dec 09, 2020
hector:

I am 32. I am planning to move overseas- America, Canada, Europe or Australia in that order. But I'm seriously considering settling down before I turn 35 or at most 35. My problem right now is having to decide if getting married before i travel will be a better idea considering how uncertain things might be for a new immigrant.

I can be skeptical towards ladies, very selective and reserved. So I want to hear your suggestions please..

Bro truth is most african women will become a bone in your neck when you take them abroad.
They know out there the system works like this
Women n children first
Animals second
Nature third
Man last
African women most times will abuse the privilege n benefit they get out there.
Oga marry a white woman and enjoy peace of mind.
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by AugustusA1(m): 2:30pm On Dec 09, 2020
You gonna be in too much pressure marrying and leaving your partner behind. If possible travel and when you settle you marry.
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Dukeolumidemans(m): 2:30pm On Dec 09, 2020
If ur rich or from a rich background, marry here. If not marry there for a good kpali and settle there. But know that if u marry a white, u might not come home eventually with ur kids and wife in the end...most people can't leave with that because he or she will be left alone...u might end up starting all over again when u come back in ur old age...

My advise: Don't marry here and keep her here because of pressure. She will fucçk ur best friend or her best friend eventually. Marry there and waka later after ur kpali is giving to u. Find ur levels after that time. Always keep in mind the girl who loves u here now, especially when ur broke and she is still around u with a smile. That's the kind u will need eventually when u become rich or ready. Be wise. We rise!!!

5 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Gokoyer0(m): 2:32pm On Dec 09, 2020
It's your choice but my own be say you should change that order to: America, Australia, Canada and lastly Europe. Language barrier wahala is real in Europe and you can just avoid that jejelely.

Unfortunately, people living in Europe might be hesitant to give you advises here because Nairaland is full of kiddo that can insult commenters anyhow
hector:

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by InvertedHammer: 2:34pm On Dec 09, 2020
hector:

/
Marry before you travel to lands of uncertainties?

To the people who still don't believe in village people...here is the evidence.

/
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Portifar: 2:35pm On Dec 09, 2020
hector:

If your travelling will not be too far, pls marry abroad. It pays to get married there. All the best!

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Tayor23(m): 2:35pm On Dec 09, 2020
hector:

oga Collect visa first before u start disturbing nairalander...
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Frank571(m): 2:36pm On Dec 09, 2020
My brother just read this thread(link below) and advice yourself by yourself. I rest my case grin grin
https://www.nairaland.com/5700498/sister-want-expose-secret-life

2 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Frank571(m): 2:36pm On Dec 09, 2020
My brother just read this thread(link below) and advice yourself by yourself. I rest my case grin grin
https://www.nairaland.com/5700498/sister-want-expose-secret-life

3 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by chinchonglee(m): 2:36pm On Dec 09, 2020
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

I will advise you marry first. Make sure you trust her and make sure you both would be sincere to each other before traveling, after sometimes you can proceed her visa.

If am were you!!
You sound dumb here bro!
Sorry to say.
How will he make sure she is sincere?

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Tilykay(m): 2:37pm On Dec 09, 2020
sweetmelanin:

What a woman indeed

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Juliearth(f): 2:37pm On Dec 09, 2020
hector:

If there is a relationship in view and she is wifeable, why not marry her before relocating? You can then make arrangement for her to join you after settling down in your new country. That has always proven to be progressive.
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by merieam16(f): 2:40pm On Dec 09, 2020
babakb:

Who is this again, can't a lady express her opinion in peace again? Why all these hate for women here.

She gave the OP a candid advice and you are turning it against her, pull your skirt down Niggga.
thats wat nairaland has turned into
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by doggedfighter(f): 2:43pm On Dec 09, 2020
babakb:

Who is this again, can't a lady express her opinion in peace again? Why all these hate for women here.

She gave the OP a candid advice and you are turning it against her, pull your skirt down Niggga.
Women are endangered species here sadly undecided undecided
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Clinghton: 2:43pm On Dec 09, 2020
If traveling out would add value to your life, I suggest you travel but if you are already comfortable I think you should marry then travel out occasionally with your wife.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Alagbole-Yokoyo Flyover Is Near Completion (PHOTOS) / Railway Stories Government Won’t Tell Nigerians / Arik Makes Emergency Landing As Woman Delivers On-board

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.