Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,114 members, 7,887,238 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:16 AM

Cd John Is Dead - Light A Candle - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Cd John Is Dead - Light A Candle (14414 Views)

Funke Akindele Dedicates 'the Return Of Jenifa' To Cd John+the Story Line / Exclusive: Pictures Of Cd John’s Car + Fresh Facts On Fatal Accident / Cd John The Reigning Commedian In Nigeria Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cd John Is Dead - Light A Candle by ebony4life(f): 11:50am On Mar 24, 2011
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/412000_cd-john_jpg7a0b0aa3efc9bb34eac1adfc9f697fa5[/img]
Less than a month to the first anniversary of the tragic death of rapper Dagrin, another very bright and promising star has passed on, in very shocking circumstances.

Multiple sources are confirming to us, that fan-favourite CD John, who emerged last year as one of the most promising acts in Nigeria’s stand-up comedy industry, is dead.

The young cracker, who became a regular performer at almost every gig/concert since late 2010 when major promoters and critics first noticed him, was on his way back from Industry Nite when he crashed his car and ended up at St Nicholas Hospital, in Lagos Island.

‘He was the MC at Harrysong’s album listening party which held at Tribeca’, a source tells us. Yesterday’s Industry Nite was dedicated to Questionmark act Harrysong who is promoting his new album. ‘He was driving back to the mainland, heading to his home at Jakande estate, Isolo when the accident happened’.

‘Yes he was the host at our event yesterday’ Industry Nite’s Matthew Ohio tells NET. ‘He was invited by Questionmark and I did not even know him prior to that. It’s just so sad if it’s true’.

We cannot for now confirm the exact location the crash happened. But reliable sources say he was driving a Black Gulf 3.

‘He was rushed to St Nicholas where he gave up the ghost at around 7am’.

Colleagues Gbenga Adeyinka, Teju Babyface, Tee A, Basketmouth, Ali Baba and a certain Tee Gee are confirming that they are aware of the accident, and reports of his death. However, no one has seen a doctor’s statement or his corpse as at press time. NET reporters are on standby at the hospital, and at his home, and we will bring you details as they unfold.

‘We’re all heading there now. Everyone is heading to the hospital where we hope we’ll meet some good news’ one of the acts told us.

The late comedian, born John Chijioke, was a truly gifted singer and comedian who tried his hands first on music (as far back as 2006) before settling for stand-up comedy. ‘He used to sing but when I found out he was funny, I pushed him to join me do comedy. He had a breakthrough before me. And now that I want to be proud of him, I suddenly lost him’ his friend Tee Gee says.

‘I’ve not even seen him this year’, Teju Babyface tells NET. ‘everybody likes the boy. What’s all this now! Anyway we’re still waiting on good news from the hospital…’

‘He made me laugh at Tribeca last night, now he’s dead. Heartbreaking.’ a fan wrote on her BBM status, early this morning.

CD John will mostly be remembered for his funny Christian choruses – a unique style where he messes around with the lyrics of popular songs; presenting his own account of how different Nigerian tribes would deliver the lyrics. With a superb voice, growing repertoire and audience control; he was set to become a big player in the competitive stand-up comedy scene. Until death put a stop to all that promise.

http://www.thenetng.com/2011/03/24/breaking-news-fast-rising-comedian-cd-john-is-dead/

Another star has fallen just like DAGRIN.
Tis disheartening,

So no more Sis 'Nkiru'
Re: Cd John Is Dead - Light A Candle by davidfajum(m): 12:02pm On Mar 24, 2011
Re: Cd John Is Dead - Light A Candle by ideylaff: 12:10pm On Mar 24, 2011
R.I.P

what a sad passing at that tender age.
Re: Cd John Is Dead - Light A Candle by policy2613: 12:54pm On Mar 24, 2011
shocked I'M PETRIFIED> tHIS GUY WAS GOOD AND UNIQUE IN HIS STYLE OF COMEDY. HE DIDNT FIND IT HARD TO MAKE ANYBODY LAUGH. NOW HE'S MAKING ME CRY. RIP JOHN CHIJIOKE. UR HILARIOUS NATURE AND SOULFUL VOICE LIVES ON.

1 Like

Re: Cd John Is Dead - Light A Candle by lovely123: 1:36pm On Mar 24, 2011
He died the same way Dagrin died, This is what am saying,,If you think you can do Juju to become famous,,At the end of the day you will die, Yes Death will be your Portion, I do not,and i mean it never be remorseful for those who think the, y can use juju to make them an household Name,
You don't hear of occasional deaths like This in Hollywood or Bolly wood, Even if it happens,it's once in a while,like the case of Aliyah in the early 2000 and that of Elizabeth Taylor that happened yesterday, Eliz died at the ripe age of 79.
For those of you thinking of making yourselves an Household Name,and you do "jazz" as we call it, DEATH WILL ALL BE YOUR PORTION, NONE SENSE,
Re: Cd John Is Dead - Light A Candle by ifeT(m): 2:10pm On Mar 24, 2011
lovely123:

He died the same way Dagrin died, This is what am saying,,If you think you can do Juju to become famous,,At the end of the day you will die, Yes Death will be your Portion, I do not,and i mean it never be remorseful for those who think the, y can use juju to make them an household Name,
You don't hear of occasional deaths like This in Hollywood or Bolly wood, Even if it happens,it's once in a while,like the case of Aliyah in the early 2000 and that of Elizabeth Taylor that happened yesterday, Eliz died at the ripe age of 79.
For those of you thinking of making yourselves an Household Name,and you do "jazz" as we call it, DEATH WILL ALL BE YOUR PORTION, NONE SENSE,

Am yet 2b sure dat u r ok. Who told u e did juju 2bcome famous? Ppl die everyday, u heard abt dis cos e is a star. Its nt even as if d guy is dat popular, most ppl dnt even knw d guy, some dat knws him (lyk me) does nt even knw is stage name talk-less of his real name. Its only fools (lyk u) dat jump into conclusn lyk dat.
Re: Cd John Is Dead - Light A Candle by davidfajum(m): 2:35pm On Mar 24, 2011
@ lovely123. Your sins are forgiven, because you do not know what you are saying !.This is a young guy that rose from singing to stand up comedian and all you could say is that he jazzed Up.I am in mourning mood and all i can say to you is Be careful on how you open your mouth.
Re: Cd John Is Dead - Light A Candle by johnjoel(m): 2:44pm On Mar 24, 2011
r.i.p cccccccccccccdddddddddddddddddddd
Re: Cd John Is Dead - Light A Candle by Odunnu: 2:48pm On Mar 24, 2011
Who is he?
Re: Cd John Is Dead - Light A Candle by Lasgidi001(m): 2:48pm On Mar 24, 2011
Cd john dead?!? WTF!!! Such a young and bright talent. Pls to all naija celebs, charter a taxi or get a driver for ur late nite driving. Rip.
Re: Cd John Is Dead - Light A Candle by Lasgidi001(m): 2:57pm On Mar 24, 2011
Odunnu:

Who is he?
dat comedian dat can imitate and sing like a girls tiny soprano voice.
Re: Cd John Is Dead - Light A Candle by Odunnu: 3:05pm On Mar 24, 2011
I no sabi am!
Anyhoo sha, RIP
Re: Cd John Is Dead - Light A Candle by PeeDaVinci: 3:07pm On Mar 24, 2011
Re: Cd John Is Dead - Light A Candle by FFA: 3:09pm On Mar 24, 2011
my god not again, d same way dagrin died, honestly night outing is dangerous in nigeria, our roads are bad, very funny guy, rip bro
Re: Cd John Is Dead - Light A Candle by popoboy(m): 3:09pm On Mar 24, 2011
i think this lovely123 guy is running nut for a statement like this, May God forgive you as you have proven to be a jurge for the dead. R.I.P CD JON
Re: Cd John Is Dead - Light A Candle by shakara4u(m): 3:16pm On Mar 24, 2011
incidentilly just knew him 2 days ago

watched him on AY's abuja invasion

he was sure good

may his soul rest in peace
Re: Cd John Is Dead - Light A Candle by Fhemmmy: 3:18pm On Mar 24, 2011
With all the crashes . . . . yet the govt dont see a reason why something has to be done with roads, why something cant be done to make sure that dead traps called vehicles are not stopped, why they are not making sure there is proper ways to check and make sure that rides are of good standard
Re: Cd John Is Dead - Light A Candle by FFA: 3:21pm On Mar 24, 2011
honestly o sun mi o, no street lights to see broken down vehicles, na so so darkness, what a country,
Re: Cd John Is Dead - Light A Candle by slap1(m): 3:22pm On Mar 24, 2011
lovely123:

For those of you thinking of making yourselves an Household Name,and you do "jazz" as we call it, DEATH WILL ALL BE YOUR PORTION,  NONE SENSE,
All the juju in the world cannot improve your grammar, nor will it wet your arid, prosthetic, 'akamulistic' brain. End of! @Topic. Rest in peace.
Re: Cd John Is Dead - Light A Candle by LETDEMSAY(f): 3:25pm On Mar 24, 2011
lovely123:

You simply need to have your had examined. You are just too blind to know that our roads are death trap.
Re: Cd John Is Dead - Light A Candle by wales(m): 3:31pm On Mar 24, 2011
r.i.p
Re: Cd John Is Dead - Light A Candle by victorazy(m): 3:34pm On Mar 24, 2011
It means that Lagos State government cannot lighting the road when is dark in Lagos which has been causing untimely death of our prominent youth? Is that how dark Lagos is?
No generator or solar power to light up the street lights at night?. Maybe Sister Nkeiru has prayed for him "shoulder pad"
Re: Cd John Is Dead - Light A Candle by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 24, 2011
This indeed is a great loss. This guy was the MC at our company's December 2010 end of year party. All those who knew him will terribly miss him, could that be why his comedy was being aired on TV just yesterday? May his soul rest in peace. Adieu CD John. cry cry
Re: Cd John Is Dead - Light A Candle by IykeD(m): 3:40pm On Mar 24, 2011
lovely123:

For those of you thinking of making yourselves an Household Name,and you do "jazz" as we call it, DEATH WILL ALL BE YOUR PORTION,  NONE SENSE,

How can you in your low life say such a thing and be happy with yourself. You are less of a human, you should be fed to whales sincerely. I wonder what the Mods in this forum are really doing, this guy should be banned! I don't  even know the guy, so what's the "famous rants" all about. Hundreds of people die daily just because the poor guy is known by a few means he used juju to get famous? You are simply pathetic!

May the soul the departed rest in perfect peace! Even in death, he is better than someone as i have seen here!

1 Like

Re: Cd John Is Dead - Light A Candle by oYaTo(m): 3:52pm On Mar 24, 2011
Watched his show in Benin two months ago. .fell off my chair with his "Sis Nkiru" jokes. .

RIP man undecided
Re: Cd John Is Dead - Light A Candle by Okijajuju1(m): 3:54pm On Mar 24, 2011
lovely123:

in all my years as a native doctor, i have seen all kinds of nasty things, and i never thot anything else could surprise me until i saw ur comment,
what we native doctors do with the likes of you is take you into the evil forrest and bury you alive with alot of sacrifice begging the gods not to reincarnate a reproach like you on any other generation. you are a useless waste ofr human skin and organs. tufiakwa ghi, amoosu.

you open your mouth and spew such rubbish about someone you've never met, even had the effontary to mention aliyah and dagrin in your statement. na people like you dey die very useless death, may the gods have mercy on your pitiful self, i would advice you to find the nearest evil forrest close to you and hang yourself cos you are of no use to anyone, anuofia.

rest in peace cd john, never knew nor heard about you but i pray you get the best of watever awaits us on the other side,

1 Like

Re: Cd John Is Dead - Light A Candle by leMuhito(f): 3:57pm On Mar 24, 2011
rip,
Re: Cd John Is Dead - Light A Candle by kshow1(m): 4:00pm On Mar 24, 2011
Sista Nkiru,
May your soul RIP
Re: Cd John Is Dead - Light A Candle by miz4oxley(m): 4:05pm On Mar 24, 2011
Uh, @Lovely123, All I can say to you is "You're sick, and don't let his fellow comedians read this"  fool indeed. Do you think its everything you joke about. Its a pity! I'm outta here, better things are calling my attenting.
Re: Cd John Is Dead - Light A Candle by popoboy(m): 4:05pm On Mar 24, 2011
lovely123:

you might also die the same you those you have mentioned died with the way you run your mouth, so let me use this opportunity to register my R.I.P for you before then.

R.I.P CD JOHN
Re: Cd John Is Dead - Light A Candle by nomoreface: 4:06pm On Mar 24, 2011
victorazy:

It means that Lagos State government cannot lighting the road when is dark in Lagos which has been causing untimely death of our prominent youth? Is that how dark Lagos is?
No generator or solar power to light up the street lights at night?. Maybe Sister Nkeiru has prayed for him "shoulder pad"

It might not really be the darkness or the state of the roads; a lot of other things could have been involved. I'm not suggesting anything like that loon lovely123, my cousin was pushed off the road and into a ditch near PWD busstop by a truck late one night.
Lets not be quick to blame the government for this , yet

May his soul rest in peace and may the Almighty grant his family and fans the fortitude to bear this loss.
Re: Cd John Is Dead - Light A Candle by Kx: 4:06pm On Mar 24, 2011
Okija_juju:

in all my years as a native doctor, i have seen all kinds of nasty things, and i never thot anything else could surprise me until i saw your comment
i nor fit laff

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Danku: "I Introduced Oritsefemi To His Wife, Nabila Fash” / Wale & Wizkid Hit The Studio Again / Donald Trump Lambast Chris Brown Over Rihanna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.