Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,640 members, 7,889,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 09:42 PM

14 States Of Covid Awareness: What It's Like To Drive Across The US In A Pandemi - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 14 States Of Covid Awareness: What It's Like To Drive Across The US In A Pandemi (101 Views)

COVID-19: Flour Mills Of Nigeria Distributes 35,000 Test Kits To Kano, 14 States / COVID-19: Gombe Deports 700 Almajiris To Their States Of Origin / "I Don't Know What It's Like To Walk But I Know How To Live"; Disabled Lady. PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

14 States Of Covid Awareness: What It's Like To Drive Across The US In A Pandemi by Gray123: 7:35am On Dec 11, 2020
(CNN) — There's no "best way" to get across the United States during a pandemic.
So when I was faced with moving all my possessions from one coast to the other, while also working remotely, I could only hope my most affordable option -- driving the 2,517 miles -- was also the safest.
I had made the long road trip twice before from Los Angeles to Atlanta, where I had lived and worked the past five years, but never the other way. And never while working 10-hour international breaking news shifts from the road.
Luckily my roommate and fellow CNN producer Artemis Moshtaghian had been wanting to do a road trip back to our hometown of Los Angeles before she left Atlanta to work from New York -- even if it meant practically sitting knees to chest in my passenger seat for an entire week on the road.
What we discovered along the way were unique work-from-anywhere opportunities, remote desert landmarks, spectacular landscapes and the lesson that wildlife could care less about social distancing. We also witnessed firsthand the patchwork and divisions of the US coronavirus response and met a wide range of characters that spanned from tremendously helpful to a little too cordial.

(1) (Reply)

Alpha Meta The Spark Of Life / Key Committee Endorses Pfizer’s COVID-19 Vaccine, Paving Way For Clearance By FD / Coronavirus Live Updates: california Prepares For Onslaught Of Covid-19 Deaths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.