Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,374 members, 7,901,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 09:22 PM

I'm Stuck In Between. Advice Needed! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Stuck In Between. Advice Needed! (1202 Views)

Newly Married Lady Got Stuck In Sex With Another Man In School Caught By Husband / Halloween: Baby is Stuck With Spooky Eyebrows (Pics) / Married Woman Kissing Her Secret Lover Gets Stuck To His Lips(photos,video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Stuck In Between. Advice Needed! by Treaster: 10:58pm On Dec 11, 2020
Re: I'm Stuck In Between. Advice Needed! by thaoriginator: 11:01pm On Dec 11, 2020
undecided
Re: I'm Stuck In Between. Advice Needed! by collinsfhk(m): 11:23pm On Dec 11, 2020
Remember the purpose for which your mum was putting up that structure, and your decision seem to be against that. Also, since you have been privileged to have your own property, why not do the fish farm there if you must do it.

Your step dad is protecting the purpose for which your mum was putting up the structure and the interest of your siblings. I think you are been selfish; 1. Only one pair of the entire pairs is competed and you want to take it over when you have your own property. 2. You didn't think of completing another pair so there will be an option.
Haba! This is your personal business and you have your own property. Consider your ways
Re: I'm Stuck In Between. Advice Needed! by yomi007k(m): 11:24pm On Dec 11, 2020
Don't mind those illiterates.

You are making use of the land the best way you can. It is not a must to build a house on a piece of land, land has many uses.

I got the same backlash when I wanted to use a structure for turkey coups- I now feed my critics with turkey meat.

Baba hustle o cos nobody go feed you for long.

Or better just use your land.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Stuck In Between. Advice Needed! by ouzo1(m): 11:51pm On Dec 11, 2020
Op when dealing with old folks just get ready for emotional blackmail, na their best weapon be that.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Stuck In Between. Advice Needed! by Treaster: 12:00am On Dec 12, 2020
collinsfhk:
Remember the purpose for which your mum was putting up that structure, and your decision seem to be against that. Also, since you have been privileged to have your own property, why not do the fish farm there if you must do it.

Your step dad is protecting the purpose for which your mum was putting up the structure and the interest of your siblings. I think you are been selfish; 1. Only one pair of the entire pairs is competed and you want to take it over when you have your own property. 2. You didn't think of completing another pair so there will be an option.
Haba! This is your personal business and you have your own property. Consider your ways
1. I fear that if I make it too comfortable, I may relax and look forward to marriage and I'm not ready for that, at least not in the nearest forseeable future. Now's my time to hustle.

2. I also intend in expanding the fish farm business in my site too.
Re: I'm Stuck In Between. Advice Needed! by JaneYave(f): 2:13am On Dec 12, 2020
Mind the voices you hear. Secondly, use your land to avoid interference , as you know fish farm has some odds that are not ideal in a living environment.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Stuck In Between. Advice Needed! by collinsfhk(m): 6:56am On Dec 12, 2020
Treaster:

1. I fear that if I make it too comfortable, I may relax and look forward to marriage and I'm not ready for that, at least not in the nearest forseeable future. Now's my time to hustle.

2. I also intend in expanding the fish farm business in my site too.

1. You are not ready for marriage, is that what divinity says? Dont be too sure, watch it so you dont miss your time. Ecc. 9:11-12

2. That place is more like a family house, leave it alone else it will stair problem. You as well can go ahead and complete it if you have the money bearing the purpose in mind.

May God guide you
Re: I'm Stuck In Between. Advice Needed! by Chiquitq(f): 2:20pm On Dec 12, 2020
I dont know the full story.

Are your siblings benefiting from the fish farm also?

Why did you not use your site only ?

You are a man and I don't think a step grandfather really has a say. Those old people sometimes have hidden agendas. They would force you to complete your mother's property then take over.

You may also chose to complete just one room and parlour to serve as a family house to unite you and your siblings otherwise it is only your siblings that really have a say. I know our culture gives room for interference from elders but many elders are shallow due to their illiteracy or selfish agenda.

1 Like

Re: I'm Stuck In Between. Advice Needed! by NoToPile: 3:54pm On Dec 12, 2020
I have seen someone construct all those recent taporline ponds in a shop in his compound, lined about three between his house and fence, its a spacious place. So I don't see the problem with using 2 rooms up to foundation level for the ponds its a pond you can move away when you guys want to build that place.

I honestly don't see anything wrong with the ponds right there on your mums land that serves as a home to you guys.

Maybe there's something else I am missing sha but if the wahala is too much and your plot of land is close by and safe enough to have the fishery kindly move it there.
Re: I'm Stuck In Between. Advice Needed! by frozen70(f): 4:35pm On Dec 12, 2020
Treaster:
Good day NLers.
I'm sorry I had to create a new account for this post.
Kindly overlook my typo errors and please do spare time to read it through as I'll try to elaborate as I possibly can.

I lost my parents in 2016, firstly my mum and then my dad. They we're separated for long before they both passed on that year. I stayed with my dad for most of my childhood and moved in with my mom when I was nineteen.

While I moved over to my mum's she was putting so much effort intobuilding a house. Her intention was for her children to have somewhere to call home, Her original plan was a structure of seven rooms and palours each on a half plot of land.
She completed a room and a palour while the remaining six pairs were at least up to foundation level.
That has being a home to myself and my two brothers.

I started doing business while she was still alive and after she passed away I'm still doing great and I'm grateful to God Almighty.
So I started to make a few bucks and I thought of a long term investment. I then got a land and by the grace of God it's foundation has been completed, also the soak away has been dug.

I felt I should double my hustle so as to increase my stream of income and so I have decided to venture into fish farming. I spoke to my elder brother about using the room and palour at the forefront for the ponds of which he agreed.

Now I've come under fire by particularly my step grand dad(my mum's side) and some other relations. They've accused me of disrespecting my late mum, they've aggressively asked me to continue what my late mum left behind before any other thing.
What's worse was the fact that they said I'm disfiguring the house by turning the forefront into ponds.

So far the ponds are almost complete but I feel bad, I feel disappointed in myself, I feel only if I could be assisted in someway maybe I could make my mum's place my priority, I also fear that if I try to make my mum's place comfortable I might ignore mine and look forward to marriage.

I really got tongue lashed tonight and I'm so down right now, that's what propelled me to open this thread. My question are;
Am I disrespecting my late mum?
Am I disfiguring her house?
Are my priorities in order?
Am I being selfish?
Should I carry on with my place having in mind that if completed and hopefully rented out I can focus on my mum's?

It's just wickedness from the people from your mum's side

If you should complete your mum's building, that is the beginning of another problem because you can't claim ownership of the house or the compound

Face yours and complete it
Take the fish pond else where because you will be frustrated as they have already started giving you attitude towards a mere fish pond that would have generated income to complete the building

Ignore every other thing they will be saying about you until you know where you belong to

As for your senior brother, watch him very well to know if he is for you or he is with them

If you discover that he is with them, be more careful with him because he will be giving them information about anything you discuss with him

If he is for you, which I doubt, follow your heart

1 Like

Re: I'm Stuck In Between. Advice Needed! by Treaster: 5:35pm On Dec 12, 2020
JaneYave:
Mind the voices you hear. Secondly, use your land to avoid interference , as you know fish farm has some odds that are not ideal in a living environment.
I can't use the site for now as I'll have to be staying there for their feeding and maintenance.
Re: I'm Stuck In Between. Advice Needed! by Treaster: 5:37pm On Dec 12, 2020
Chiquitq:
I dont know the full story.

Are your siblings benefiting from the fish farm also?

Why did you not use your site only ?

You are a man and I don't think a step grandfather really has a say. Those old people sometimes have hidden agendas. They would force you to complete your mother's property then take over.

You may also chose to complete just one room and parlour to serve as a family house to unite you and your siblings otherwise it is only your siblings that really have a say. I know our culture gives room for interference from elders but many elders are shallow due to their illiteracy or selfish agenda.

I'll be channelling the profit into completing the structures so I believe we'll all benefit.

My site can't be used, I'll have to reside there in order to sort out their feeding and maintenance.
Re: I'm Stuck In Between. Advice Needed! by Karleb(m): 6:41pm On Dec 12, 2020
Your mama don go o.

No let anybody blackmail you emotionally.

E no get one thing wey you dey do wey dey wrong as far as your siblings don reason am with you, carry go.

No mind that your step grand father. Tell am say na your mama house, may he commot mouth for the matter.
Re: I'm Stuck In Between. Advice Needed! by englois: 8:16pm On Dec 12, 2020
Hi
Complete your OWN building FIRST. I repeat complete your OWN building FIRST. Assuming your mum is still alive, it would have been okay for you to complete her house. There is a case currently happening in my area now. The man is even the first born of his late parents. He built the house, a storey building on his late father's land. He completed the building without any help from his siblings. Now the man died and his siblings told his family (his wife and children) that the house belongs to their father and thus can't be buried there. Imagine! The man even sponsored most of these so-called siblings through school. Immediately after his demise, they started treating the man's family like an outsider.
So, your own will always be your own.
Explain to them that you will be helping them with proceeds from your pond business whenever you can. Use wisdom

(1) (Reply)

14 Years Old Pregnant Girl / Protecting Your Business In Many Ways / It Is Very Easy To Raise A Family In Brazil(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.