Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,246 members, 7,939,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 02:19 PM

Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? (12647 Views)

Mrs Buhari And Mrs Osinbajo Support Buhari In London(photo) / Urging Non-northerners To Come Home Ahead Of The Election / BREAKING!!! Northern Youths Give Non-northerners 2 Weeks Ultimatum To Leave! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by mensdept: 5:55am On Mar 27, 2011
stildude:

I am a Nigerian, and No I don't support Buhari. I want the Goodluck for Nigeria to continue 2011!

Sounds like you are not suffering from the miliatrized experience that Pro-Buhari fools had and continue to experience. For them we need military rulers to forever rule us, especially those from the 70s and early 80s. They post pixs of town squares (mainly in the north) of thousands-the same thousands that gather to kill Christians and Southerners in Jos and Kano because they have nothing better to do- who gather to poke nose at what Buhari is (not) saying.

The same happens in the SW and East, where candidates that could not run in developed nations are running, some recontesting (though they were already governor, senator, ammbassodor, minister) to come and loot again, and the people who have no light or road gather to cheer and clap.

These nairaland pixs simply show that our people are still mostly babies, cowards, and members of OWAMBE all night long.
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by Nicklee(m): 6:00am On Mar 27, 2011
mens dept:

Sounds like you are not suffering from the miliatrized experience that Pro-Buhari fools had and continue to experience. For them we need military rulers to forever rule us, especially those from the 70s and early 80s. They post pixs of town squares (mainly in the north) of thousands-the same thousands that gather to kill Christians and Southerners in Jos and Kano because they have nothing better to do- who gather to poke nose at what Buhari is (not) saying.

The same happens in the SW and East, where candidates that could not run in developed nations are running, some recontesting (though they were already governor, senator, ammbassodor, minister) to come and loot again, and the people who have no light or road gather to cheer and clap.

These nairaland pixs simply show that our people are still mostly babies, cowards, and members of OWAMBE all night long.

So this ranting is actually coming from a grown man? You can not continue to paint people in the north as murderers when your rant above is nothing more than a bigoted hate speech. By the way, hope you realize that you succeeded in making very little point here.

Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by mensdept: 6:13am On Mar 27, 2011
Nicklee:

So this ranting is actually coming from a grown man? You can not continue to paint people in the north as murderers when your rant above is nothing more than a bigoted hate speech. By the way, hope you realize that you succeeded in making very little point here.

Where I have succeeded is that you read my post, got angry, and took time to reply LOL.

How else can you paint the north? If you were educated and googled Nigeria on both Western databases, and ARAB databases, you'll find that Northern Naija is and has always been a violent place, particularly from the point of Usman's "jihad". You'll also find that military baboons that decided to tell Nigerians that they have no say in how to conduct their affairs, that their kids can go to hell, and that whatever little infrastructure democratic leaders built, can be left to rot, came from:

The North.

Why is Buhari contesting for the 3rd, abi forth time nearly 30 years after he hijacked the nation without regard to anyone? You mean he couldnt come out and denounce IBB, Abacha, Abubukar while they ruled? Of course not. Especially not Abacha who he gladly enjoyed with.
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by SHEAU(m): 6:40am On Mar 27, 2011
+1 in lasgidi 4 BB cool
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by mensdept: 6:41am On Mar 27, 2011
^^^ BB must mean for you Black Berry
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by appletango: 6:43am On Mar 27, 2011
What a great thread!!

I am English, from London but living in Lagos. BB has my full and unconditional support.

The PDP is an evil party. Anyone who has spent time abroad would understand this.

This country is being kept behind for run reason, and one reason alone: bad leadership.
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by mensdept: 6:52am On Mar 27, 2011
appletango:

What a great thread!!

I am English, from London but living in Lagos. BB has my full and unconditional support.

The PDP is an evil party. Anyone who has spent time abroad would understand this.

This country is being kept behind for run reason, and one reason alone: bad leadership.

BB has your full support because the country is behind. That point is remarkably fair. However Mr. Englishmanperson, the problem in Naija is not simply "bad leadership". A greater problem is that the people in general, you ready,

ARE NOT SERIOUS

Those in Tunisia rioting, or had rioted, even in Egypt, are not going to rid the current leadership and replace it with those from 1983. Americans, even those in LONDON, are not going to say, "Hey, let's bring the Prime Minister from 1983, Margaret Thatcher back to power", especially if she was a COUP PLOTTER. But as you can see, our people too complacent, confused, and childish, and cowards.
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by ziccoit: 6:58am On Mar 27, 2011
mens dept:

Where are you from? I doubt you are a Nigerian. If you are one, you are staying abroad. If you are not, you know nothing about the state called Nigeria. If you are in this country all this while and you are saying/typing all this, you should be under-aged intellectually if not in your actual age.  I advised you pick up good books and study the history of your country.

Hence, refrain from contributing to what you do not know. When I read your post, I do not want to tell you the picture you paint yourself. Do you know the first law of Politics as well as fundamental human survival? If you don't know, don't play.
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by seunbballo(m): 7:01am On Mar 27, 2011
Imagine oh, I made a comment on GEJ's facebook page saying: You want us to support you but why have you refused to approve accent to paying the mere minimum wage of 18k naira to Nigerian workers but ur govt approved money to purchase 3 presidential jets costing $51m Dollars each. Can you believed they blocked my membership and removed my comments. GEJ and PDP will ruin Nigeria, pls vote for Buhari/Bakare
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by Sagamite(m): 7:07am On Mar 27, 2011
omanzo02:

Another multiple Pseudo stunt.  grin grin grin

Mugu, so as it been multiple pseudo-names?

Dunce!

Like if we don't know you are the alter-ego of Fanatical shyt smeller, Beaf, creating multiple accounts to promote your Silverback Gorilla, GEJ!
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by Sagamite(m): 7:11am On Mar 27, 2011
seunbballo:

Imagine oh, I made a comment on GEJ's facebook page saying: You want us to support you but why have you refused to approve accent to paying the mere minimum wage of 18k naira to Nigerian workers but your govt approved money to purchase 3 presidential jets costing $51m Dollars each. Can you believed they blocked my membership and removed my comments. GEJ and PDP will ruin Nigeria, pls vote for Buhari/Bakare

But it has to be said: Your point was stewpid!

How can you compare spending $153m to raising wages to N18K?

Even the $153m would not pay the increase for a year, talkless of future recurring expenses of such increase.

So why are you making such comparison like if the money can be used for the alternative of raising wages?

That said, they should have answered you and not block you.
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by udezue(m): 7:27am On Mar 27, 2011
Lmaoooo @ the thread. Nonsense
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by AljUche: 7:30am On Mar 27, 2011
udezue:

Lmaoooo @ the thread. Nonsense
angry u are back angry
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 27, 2011
Yes, I am one Buhari-Bakare is my choice
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by seunbballo(m): 9:10am On Mar 27, 2011
@Sagamite, You are a mad man. who was making comparison btw $51m and 18k minimum wage. Am just saying they have money to spend for their own enjoyment and satisfaction and they can't pay 18k naira minimum wage. Or are you telling me that Nigeria can't afford to pay that amount. Everyone has right to their own opinion whether it makes sense or not. My thoughts are not stupid, Go Figure and express ur Anger somewhere else.
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by Benzoric: 9:12am On Mar 27, 2011
REALLY, THE CHOICE SHLD BE BETWEEN BUHARI N RIBADU

FOE ME, ITS BUHARI 2011

OUT OF ALL CANDIDATES, ONLY HE CAN REDUCE CORRUPTION TO AN ACCEPTABLE LEVEL.

GEJ HAS NOTHING TO OFFER, INTERVIEW BY D'BANJ, NOT ATTENDING PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE AND LOTS OF OTHER REASONS SHOWS HE'S A JOKER AND HAS NO RESPECT FOR NIGERIANS

HIS WIFE CAN'T HAVE A CONVERSATION WITH OBAMA'S WIFE.

WELL CHOICE IS YOURS
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by Sagamite(m): 9:14am On Mar 27, 2011
seunbballo:

@Sagamite, You are a mad man. who was making comparison btw $51m and 18k minimum wage. Am just saying they have money to spend for their own enjoyment and satisfaction and they can't pay 18k naira minimum wage. Or are you telling me that Nigeria can't afford to pay that amount. Everyone has right to their own opinion whether it makes sense or not. My thoughts are not silly, Go Figure and express your Anger somewhere else.

You are dumb!

Nigeria already has huge recurring expenses and little commited for development. How can you say they can afford it?

We should be looking at how to decrease it (by cutting mostly legislative cost), not increase it.

I have a right to my opinion that your post is daft.
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by doja(m): 9:42am On Mar 27, 2011
Yeah Buhari is my choice after Ribadu.

Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by Wadeoye(m): 9:57am On Mar 27, 2011
@doja, you are back - where have you been?

If you look through the tread again, you will notice that most of us from Lagos (where Ribadu expects to get votes) are voting for BB. Why are you wasting you vote? Why are people giving PDP any hope of run-off/wining? Imagine "Ojuyobo" supresses in self interest and joins the BB train, how interesting would this have been? How great he "Ojuyobo" would become?
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by asoderock(m): 10:17am On Mar 27, 2011
I am a Lagos based Ibo. I not only support BUHARI, but I actively campaign for him. Infact I have told any of my dependants who vote for GOODLUCK to forget my continous assistance.
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by okooyinbo(m): 10:22am On Mar 27, 2011
The person that claimed CALIFORNIA is LARGER THAN Nigeria should please consult his or her atlas or Wikipedia respectively. A tip for you, NIGERIA has a total area in excess of 900 thousand square kilometre which means Nigeria is approximately a tenth of the size of the whole USA. Now, California is not known to possess a tenth of the size of the USA. Not even Texas nor Alaska which are adequately bigger in size than California.

BTW, I would vote Ribadu if I could vote. Buhari did not try at all when he said Nigerians are all corrupt, and especially that the Nigerian education system is ok. If Nigerans are all corrupt, and he intend to fight corruption; is he going to arrest all Nigerians including innocent and honest people who in contrary  to Buhari can indeed still be found in Nigeria?

Does he think he can turn Nigeria around with the current standard of education we have now? I am just not convinced. Anyway,  Nigeria has diasporally disenfrachised me since almost 20 years.
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by Defender1: 10:33am On Mar 27, 2011
I am from the Niger Delta. I support Buhari Bakare because PDP is the Goliath that has terrorised Nigerians.
PDP brings Corruption.

Corruption brings Poverty.

Poverty brings Religious Crisis

Religious Crisis brings Violence

Violence brings Death and Destruction.

Say No to Corruption. Say No Poverty.

Say No to Violence

Say No to Death and Destruction

Say No to PDP.Nigerians Lets Kill Goliath-PDP

Vote Buhari/Bakare for President

Forward this message to ALL PEACE LOVING Nigerians
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by efisher(m): 10:33am On Mar 27, 2011
@ okooyinbo, valid points you made there. I will advice anyone who is really interested in making the right choice to watch the NN24 debate once again and make up his / her mind about where hope truly is. Is hope in the past or in the future?
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by Defender1: 10:47am On Mar 27, 2011
okooyinbo:

BTW, I would vote Ribadu if I could vote.

You have summed up everything.You Nairalanders are nearly ALL outside Nigeria and you just pontificate over matters that you cannot influence.

okooyinbo:

BTW, I would vote Ribadu if I could vote. Buhari did not try at all when he said Nigerians are all corrupt, and especially that the Nigerian education system is ok.

Some Nigerians received their degrees from the Nigerian educational system before travelling out and getting employed in foreign universities to teach. There is nothing wrong with the Nigerian educational system. What is wrong is with the Nigerians who run the system.Na d people na him bad no be de ABC, or 123, or d Quadratic equations or d sociology .

okooyinbo:

If Nigerans are all corrupt, and he intend to fight corruption; is he going to arrest all Nigerians including innocent and honest people who in contrary  to Buhari can indeed still be found in Nigeria?

Why u dey complain say d man talk say ALL Nigerians are corrupt. You will argue and complain that Buhari says ALL Nigerians are corrupt. Yet you will jump up and shout Alleluyah when the Pastor quotes Romans 3:23 "ALL HAVE SINNED". The man is just repeating what God has said.

Please stop trying to bring theman Buhari down. Please you should talk to your friends and family in Nigeria to vote for Buhari. You can see that he is a MAN of GOD!!
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by Wadeoye(m): 10:49am On Mar 27, 2011
And if I may ask, what is the problem with our education system? How is Ghana education system differ from Nigeria education? Is our education system unique to Nigeria? Are we saying we so unintelligent to be able to come up with a working education system? Ghananians are more intelligent than us? And we can't simply copy other working system if we think our eduaction system is not good?

Guys, don't allow english to confuse - you should be able to differentiate between the system itself and other things that will make the system work.

If the systems is poorly funded or money meant for the system is stolen, definitely the system will fail.

If you make money available and you don't supervise the system, how will it work?

We used to have all these before - funding by UPN and supervision.

Buhari even went further and talked about technical training and the need to have a way of making fund available to graduates who might want to setup their own business. Other candidates didn't even talk about this. On education, Buhari won - we are not talking about oratory here but content. Above all, sincerity and seriousness to do what is required.
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by LaconicINC: 12:13pm On Mar 27, 2011
I am from delta state and i support the BB Team
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by Adamuhassa: 12:26pm On Mar 27, 2011
Excerpts from OBJ's speech at PDP's rally

“The recent resort to sentiments and emotions of religion and regionalism is self serving, unpatriotic and mischievous to say the least. It is also playing on dangerous emotive issues that ignite uncontrollable passion and can destabilize if not destroy our country. “

“Let me appeal to those who have embarked on those dangerous roles to desist from taking us on a perishable journey. A common identity as Nigerians there is more that binds us than separate us.”

A timely advice!

Just to add that GEj would win the elections and all those who believe they would win elections solely on the basis on religion and ethnic sentiments shall fail!
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by Adamuhassa: 12:49pm On Mar 27, 2011
REALLY, THE CHOICE SHLD BE BETWEEN BUHARI N RIBADU

FOE ME, ITS BUHARI 2011

OUT OF ALL CANDIDATES, ONLY HE CAN REDUCE CORRUPTION TO AN ACCEPTABLE LEVEL.

GEJ HAS NOTHING TO OFFER, INTERVIEW BY D'BANJ, NOT ATTENDING PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE AND LOTS OF OTHER REASONS SHOWS HE'S A JOKER AND HAS NO RESPECT FOR NIGERIANS

HIS WIFE CAN'T HAVE A CONVERSATION WITH OBAMA'S WIFE.
WELL CHOICE IS YOURS

Some people are really funny oh. Since when did this one become a criteria.Anyway, if that is a criteria, then Buhari would have no vote at all because we dont even know his wife and I doubt if she can communicate in pidgin talkless of english!
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by jerryben12: 1:22pm On Mar 27, 2011
Nigerians!!! What happened to the Urban Mass Transit Programme under Buhari's oversight? I am not a politician and I am very neutral to this. I do not know GEJ too well either. Did Buhari do a good job with the Urban Mass Transit Programme when he flooded the highways in Nigeria with Civilian buses Where are all these buses?
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 27, 2011
Igbo, and I support Buhari. GEJ runs under the same PDP that has ruined Nigeria for 12years. What in heavens name would make me support GEJ other then ethnic affiliation or hatred for the North? Who has time for a president that will be puppeteered under the auspices of PDP?
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by 9ijaMan: 2:21pm On Mar 27, 2011
Wadeoye:

And if I may ask, what is the problem with our education system? How is Ghana education system differ from Nigeria education? Is our education system unique to Nigeria? Are we saying we so unintelligent to be able to come up with a working education system? Ghananians are more intelligent than us? And we can't simply copy other working system if we think our eduaction system is not good?

Guys, don't allow english to confuse - you should be able to differentiate between the system itself and other things that will make the system work.

If the systems is poorly funded or money meant for the system is stolen, definitely the system will fail.

If you make money available and you don't supervise the system, how will it work?

We used to have all these before - funding by UPN and supervision.

Buhari even went further and talked about technical training and the need to have a way of making fund available to graduates who might want to setup their own business. Other candidates didn't even talk about this. On education, Buhari won - we are not talking about oratory here but content. Above all, sincerity and seriousness to do what is required.

Defender1:

You have summed up everything.You Nairalanders are nearly ALL outside Nigeria and you just pontificate over matters that you cannot influence.
Some Nigerians received their degrees from the Nigerian educational system before travelling out and getting employed in foreign universities to teach. There is nothing wrong with the Nigerian educational system. What is wrong is with the Nigerians who run the system.Na d people na him bad no be de ABC, or 123, or d Quadratic equations or d sociology .

Why u dey complain say d man talk say ALL Nigerians are corrupt. You will argue and complain that Buhari says ALL Nigerians are corrupt. Yet you will jump up and shout Alleluyah when the Pastor quotes Romans 3:23 "ALL HAVE SINNED". The man is just repeating what God has said.

Please stop trying to bring theman Buhari down. Please you should talk to your friends and family in Nigeria to vote for Buhari. You can see that he is a MAN of GOD!!

Intelligent responses!
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by kennykane1(m): 2:35pm On Mar 27, 2011
Guys, here's the link to the online poll on the presidential candidates.

http://www.nigeriansdecide.110mb.com/

Obviously our man is on top!! Go BB

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Count Edo Out Of Mega Party, We Are With Buhari – Idahosa / APC Condemns Attack On Oshiomhole’s Residence / Boko-Haram Planning Fresh Attacks – JTF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.