Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,686 members, 7,924,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 18 August 2024 at 06:27 AM

This Might Be The Opportunity You Need. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / This Might Be The Opportunity You Need. (353 Views)

Employment Opportunity You Shouldn't Miss!!!! / A Big Opportunity You Won't Want To Miss / Internship Placement Opportunity - 2nd Stream - Grab the opportunity now!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Might Be The Opportunity You Need. by Nobody: 3:33am On Dec 13, 2020
Okay, lemme introduce my self, I am a programmer, who discovered NL on google last year, since then I saw how backwards it was compared to rest of notable sites around the world and how easy they had made it for others to compete with them. Over the year, I have seen similar site with same idea and looks (basically clones) as NL all around the web, but they spoil their site by offering payment on reading news and engaging with contents, referrals and other NNU bullshit, which are not sustainable and leads to their doom eventually (though after cashing out grin ). So, I saw an opportunity here, That why I spent the last four months of my life making a website with neat interface that encompasses forum, blog, job listing, polls. the name of the site is africonn.com, an African community, I made the site myself and I am not going to stop working on it but first what's a forum without users, that's where you come in, like I said I am programmer and I know nothing about audience building, copywriting and most importantly marketing, so I am looking for some one good at that, someone that knows how to drive traffic to do the admin stuff. the person will be the face of the site, and we will both work on how we can actually monetize the site, and the sharing formula would be based on our agreement.

Summary
What have I personally done, I have spent and lot of time making the project work and most importantly, I will be taking care of the hosting and technically managing the site.

What are the features of the forum
1. The forum aspect of the site as almost all the functionalities of NL except quotes which I replaced with replies and you mention people on africonn with @ in front of their usernames like @dataslid
2. it has a point system that are useful for people to advertise by themselves like other platforms, to push threads to the homepage by themselves, for creating new categories, of course on africonn users create and moderator their own categories themselves but to set limit on that hence the points.
3. So, how did i plan to monetize the site, by selling point to users, that is what I have thought of for now, there is always room for brainstorm that's why i am willing to work with someone with experience like you wink.

you can surf the site yourself and create a thread under africonn category to drop your opinion or better still u can mentions me with @olabode

here is the site's link www.africonn.com

That's not all, but i have to stop typing, If you are interest in working with me on the site, please contact me via my mail dataslid@gmail.com

Re: This Might Be The Opportunity You Need. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 13, 2020
Hello, I hope I am not in the wrong section
Re: This Might Be The Opportunity You Need. by vicksbaba(m): 3:23pm On Dec 13, 2020
LoL. You want to build a castle inside another man's castle? Wish you good luck bro
Re: This Might Be The Opportunity You Need. by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 19, 2020
vicksbaba:
LoL. You want to build a castle inside another man's castle? Wish you good luck bro

Definitely not
Re: This Might Be The Opportunity You Need. by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 21, 2020
Gurufxnaira:

Not here bro

(1) (Reply)

Golden Opportunity !work Online For 10 Minutes A Day And Earn More Than 10k Nair / Join This Organisation For You To Become Rich, Famous And Powerful In Life. / Plumbing Or Tiling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.