Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,375 members, 7,881,343 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:19 PM

Advice From Married Men Who Married Within The Last Five Years - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice From Married Men Who Married Within The Last Five Years (5393 Views)

Men Who Married At 24, 25, 26, 27. Do You Regret It? / ”we Share Her Peacefully” – Twin Brothers Who Married One Wife / Mum Of 2 Who Married A Tree Celebrates First Wedding Anniversary In England (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice From Married Men Who Married Within The Last Five Years by NiRfreak(m): 2:38am On Dec 14, 2020
This post is strictly directed to young guys who have spent between 0-5 years in marriage.

Kindly share your experiences for the bachelors to learn. These are what you should include

1. Your expectations before wedding
2. Your experiences with your significant other after wedding. It could be in any area.
3 Your view about marriage and women before wedding
4. Your current view of marriage/women having experienced btw 0-5 years of marriage.
5. Your advice to bachleors based on your experience.

Thanks for your honest advice. I believe your experiences and advice will go a long way for the newly wed and people hoping to marry soon. Thanks.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice From Married Men Who Married Within The Last Five Years by jazon(m): 2:45am On Dec 14, 2020
grin grin
Re: Advice From Married Men Who Married Within The Last Five Years by Drakkernoir: 3:33am On Dec 14, 2020
NiRfreak:
This post is strictly directed to young guys who have spent between 0-5 years in marriage.

Kindly share your experiences for the bachelors to learn. These are what you should include

2. Your experiences with your significant other after wedding. It could be in any area.
4. Your current view of marriage/women having experienced btw 0-5 years of marriage.

Thanks for your honest advice. I believe your experiences and advice will go a long way. Thanks.

And what exactly are you going to do with advice?

Marriage has no rules..

Marry who gets you

5 Likes

Re: Advice From Married Men Who Married Within The Last Five Years by NiRfreak(m): 3:44am On Dec 14, 2020
Drakkernoir:

Marriage has no rules..
Marry who gets you
The post is obviously not directed to you. You can pass

21 Likes

Re: Advice From Married Men Who Married Within The Last Five Years by Kennyfancy(m): 3:47am On Dec 14, 2020
Re: Advice From Married Men Who Married Within The Last Five Years by Mokason288(m): 4:28am On Dec 14, 2020
grin
Re: Advice From Married Men Who Married Within The Last Five Years by Kondomatic(m): 5:42am On Dec 14, 2020
Unmarried people have the best advice but no experience grin

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice From Married Men Who Married Within The Last Five Years by matrix199(m): 5:48am On Dec 14, 2020
Marriage is a necessity. Whether our experience is good or bad, you'd stil have to give it a go and learn how to endure, tolerate, forgive, resist, and understand in marriage.

3 Likes

Re: Advice From Married Men Who Married Within The Last Five Years by Nobody: 6:47am On Dec 14, 2020
following
Re: Advice From Married Men Who Married Within The Last Five Years by cjeriia: 7:03am On Dec 14, 2020
Don't go into marriage with the highest expectations, you might end up with egg on ur face. Last last marriage is work, neva shy away from always working to smoothen the rough patches. It's heavenly when it's working out fine likewise it's hell when things are going awry.

8 Likes

Re: Advice From Married Men Who Married Within The Last Five Years by Telegram234(m): 8:52am On Dec 14, 2020
Guys for Nairaland, why una dey fear marriage like this?

2 Likes

Re: Advice From Married Men Who Married Within The Last Five Years by olasimbo46973: 9:02am On Dec 14, 2020
:
Marriage has no rules..
Marry who gets you
The post is obviously not directed to you. You can pass
Re: Advice From Married Men Who Married Within The Last Five Years by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 14, 2020
cjeriia:
Don't go into marriage with the highest expectations, you might end up with egg on ur face. Last last marriage is work, neva shy away from always working to smoothen the rough patches. It's heavenly when it's working out fine likewise it's hell when things are going awry.

Hm.. tell me something.

I'm scared o.
Re: Advice From Married Men Who Married Within The Last Five Years by Kiddogarcia(m): 9:25am On Dec 14, 2020
Marriage, make I sell agbo finish
Re: Advice From Married Men Who Married Within The Last Five Years by NiRfreak(m): 6:25pm On Dec 14, 2020
Recently married people can't ever give us advice and share their experience anonymously? nawao. I hope all is really well...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice From Married Men Who Married Within The Last Five Years by Womanizer(m): 9:19pm On Dec 14, 2020
matrix199:
Marriage is a necessity. Whether our experience is good or bad, you'd stil have to give it a go and learn how to endure, tolerate, forgive, resist, and understand in marriage.

Marriage is not a necessity!

You can have a perfect existence without ever getting married

5 Likes

Re: Advice From Married Men Who Married Within The Last Five Years by Jodha(f): 9:21pm On Dec 14, 2020
Please come and advice this confused lots deceiving themselves with red pill...

Meanwhile check my signature ka bikonu...
Re: Advice From Married Men Who Married Within The Last Five Years by Nazgul: 9:28pm On Dec 14, 2020
Jodha:
Please come and advice this confused lots deceiving themselves with red pill...

Meanwhile check my signature ka bikonu...
@bolded...are you from ohafia?
Re: Advice From Married Men Who Married Within The Last Five Years by Jodha(f): 9:30pm On Dec 14, 2020
Nazgul:

@bolded...are you from ohafia?

I'm not
Re: Advice From Married Men Who Married Within The Last Five Years by Nazgul: 9:32pm On Dec 14, 2020
Jodha:

I'm not
Ok...kaa is an ohafia dialect. When I saw you use it I thought you were from there. It's ok anyways.
Re: Advice From Married Men Who Married Within The Last Five Years by Whiteshield: 9:33pm On Dec 14, 2020
NiRfreak:

Thanks for your honest advice. I believe your experiences and advice will go a long way. Thanks.

I expected to live happily, build my career and build a family. I expected a family of love, bliss and happiness.

Constant friction, hostility, occasional happiness and I've withdrawn into my shell. Developed severe hypertension and grey hair under 2 years of marriage.

3 Your view about marriage and women before wedding.
Before marriage, I felt women loved marriages. After getting married, I discovered women love weddings, not marriages. There is a difference.

Marry your friend. Friendship with your partner is more important than love for your partner. Nothing beats rest of mind. Marriage as practiced in this part of the world has little benefits to the man apart from procreation.

Don't let anyone force you into marriage.
Don't overspend on your wedding. If your wife wants something classy, tell her to draw up a list and give her family. I was stupid to spend almost 5M on mine.
Don't marry a lady you can't reason with. Don't marry a lady who doesn't earn her own money.
Look at how your wife's mother treats her father. That is exactly how she will treat you.
Divorce is always an option.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Advice From Married Men Who Married Within The Last Five Years by cjeriia: 9:57pm On Dec 14, 2020
CalliDora1:

Hm.. tell me something.

I'm scared o.
Don't be.

1 Like

Re: Advice From Married Men Who Married Within The Last Five Years by Ayospanish(m): 10:20pm On Dec 14, 2020
It's full of the Good, bad and ugly.please i won't advise you to marry, both of u can have a contract give birth and stay together for 1 year,if it work for both of you go ahead with the small wedding plan not necessarily church or traditional. Just pay her dowry God is pleased with it.bro it is not easy for the past one year no savings. I'll use this medium to to congratulate my parents and those who parents are still leaving together they really tried, they sacrifice a lot

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice From Married Men Who Married Within The Last Five Years by NiRfreak(m): 10:23pm On Dec 14, 2020
Ayospanish:
It's full of the Good, bad and ugly.please i won't advise you to marry, both of u can have a contract give birth and stay together for 1 year,if it work for both of you go ahead with the small wedding plan not necessarily church or traditional. Just pay her dowry God is pleased with it.bro it is not easy for the past one year no savings. I'll use this medium to to congratulate my parents and those who parents are still leaving together they really tried, they sacrifice a lot

Thanks for this input

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice From Married Men Who Married Within The Last Five Years by NiRfreak(m): 10:26pm On Dec 14, 2020
Whiteshield:

I expected to live happily, build my career and build a family. I expected a family of love, bliss and happiness.

Constant friction, hostility, occasional happiness and I've withdrawn into my shell. Developed severe hypertension and grey hair under 2 years of marriage.

Before marriage, I felt women loved marriages. After getting married, I discovered women love weddings, not marriages. There is a difference.

Marry your friend. Friendship with your partner is more important than love for your partner. Nothing beats rest of mind. Marriage as practiced in this part of the world has little benefits to the man apart from procreation.

Don't overspend on your wedding. If your wife wants something classy, tell her to draw up a list and give her family. I was stupid to spend almost 5M on mine.
Don't marry a lady you can't reason with. Don't marry a lady who doesn't earn her own money.
Look at how your wife's mother treats her father. That is exactly how she will treat you.

There's a wealth of experience here as told from your angle. Thank you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice From Married Men Who Married Within The Last Five Years by Kuns84(m): 10:42pm On Dec 14, 2020
- You will fucck taya in your first year but don't be surprised if sex goes down the drain sooner than you expect.. and the major reasons will be; having kids, having inlaws in and out of your house, arriving home late and stressed out due to traffic etc...)

- Marriage is sweeter when you develop a close friendship with your spouse's family.

- Marriage benefits women more than men. It's a financial contract which provides security for women.

- Never marry a jobless woman.

- As a man, take your time before settling down - esp. with today's pick of women lipsrsealed even though I like to believe I got lucky with mine.

- Never allow your wife employ a child as househelp... and never turn a blind eye if she dares belittle or abuse any help! Deal with her accordingly if she tries such.

- If you marry in Nigeria, don't you dare move to America with a Nigerian wife, she will turn into karashika in a twinkle of an eye. Maybe UK, maybe Canada.. but you see that US of A, no try am!

Good luck.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice From Married Men Who Married Within The Last Five Years by blinking001(m): 10:45pm On Dec 14, 2020
Whiteshield:

Wawu

2 Likes

Re: Advice From Married Men Who Married Within The Last Five Years by blinking001(m): 10:49pm On Dec 14, 2020
Kuns84:
- You will fucck taya in your first year but don't be surprised if sex goes down the drain sooner than you expect.. and the major reasons will be; having kids, having inlaws in and out of your house, arriving home late and stressed out due to traffic etc...)

- Marriage is sweeter when you develop a close friendship with your spouse's family.

- Marriage benefits women more than men. It's a financial contract which provides security for women.

- As a man, take your time before settling down - esp. with today's pick of women lipsrsealed even though I like to believe I got lucky with mine.

- Never allow your wife employ a child as househelp... and never turn a blind eye if she dares belittle or abuse any help! Deal with her accordingly if she tries such.

- If you marry in Nigeria, don't you dare move to America with a Nigerian wife, she will turn into karashika in a twinkle of an eye. Maybe UK, maybe Canada.. but you see that US of A, no try am!

Good luck.
Wawu

1 Like

Re: Advice From Married Men Who Married Within The Last Five Years by matrix199(m): 4:27am On Dec 15, 2020
Womanizer:

Marriage is not a necessity!

You can have a perfect existence without ever getting married
My son was watching an animated children movie. Along the movie, the male character kissed the female character. My boy shyed away in disgust. I smiled knowing fully well that when he gets to the right age, that part of the movie would be his favorite. Now i'm going to smile at you too, knowing fully well that when you get to the right age you'd come around.

17 Likes

Re: Advice From Married Men Who Married Within The Last Five Years by NiRfreak(m): 2:32pm On Dec 29, 2020
Kuns84:

Good luck.

I hope this helps the would be groom and the just wedded

1 Like

Re: Advice From Married Men Who Married Within The Last Five Years by babakb: 5:00pm On Dec 29, 2020
NiRfreak:

Hmmmm, where do I start from....

My Expectations
I expected 100% loyalty from my wife, I am willing to pay all the bill as long as she stays loyal.

My Experience
I found out that her elder siblings wanted the same loyalty as me, they wanted to control her but I resisted, she was afraid to defy them probably because she was only 22 years when we got married, but I made sure she understood that she must be 100% loyal to me, 5 years down the line she overcome the fear and she is mine 100%.

My Views Before Marriage
Marriage gives you focus and happiness, Your wife creates a serene and peaceful atmosphere at home all the time.

My Views Post Marriage
Marriage is a blessing if you marry the right one, being a father makes me appreciate my parents more because I'm now parenting, another name for marriage is paying Bills but like I said I don't mind paying it all alone if my wife keep to my standards.
As for my spouse I realised she had a lot of growing up to do, my main likes in a spouse are intact so the love is still flowing, she is not superstitious, she is faithful, loyal, has good manners and can cook very well so I will bear with her short comings while she improves.

Advice to Bachelors
Don't marry a whoore, these days whoores strip and do 3soms, smoke weed and get drunk, they hate the kitchen and are too extravagant.
That decent girl is still your best option, ensure she is well mannered, don't be deceived by people that will tell you that decent girls are worst.
EARN A LIVING as in I can't over emphasize this.
Ensure you have something going on all the time, either a job or business.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice From Married Men Who Married Within The Last Five Years by QuinModah(f): 6:53pm On Dec 29, 2020
hmmmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mothers......... Please Help My Baby. / What remedies can help? / Mistakes People Make In Their 20s That Guarantee They Will Have A Hard Life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.