Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,043 members, 7,928,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 09:35 AM

Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University (18159 Views)

Have You Wore This Sandals To School Before / I Told My Wife That The Dna Result Of Our Kids Will Be Ready Tomorrow. See What / Is It Right To Encourage Our Kids To Seductively Dance/twerk?(pic/video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by Nobody: 11:12pm On Dec 14, 2020
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by joelbooks: 11:13pm On Dec 14, 2020
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by Nobody: 11:14pm On Dec 14, 2020
I concur. It pays a lot. My dad once forced me to enroll for technical training while awaiting admission back then. Quite humbling for me but I have found myself use the knowledge gathered back then several times. It worths it cheesy
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by bukkysam(f): 11:14pm On Dec 14, 2020
Make the guy enjoy his trip.
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by idibadadanme: 11:15pm On Dec 14, 2020
Buhari is a terrorist, his government is attempting to borrow money from pension
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by Olakunleyakub(m): 11:16pm On Dec 14, 2020
The tiny difference between African and Americans or British is nothing but effective technical knowledge.

They are not brilliant than us but very solid in technical skills and creativity

They train their kids with a very resounding technical skills in skul while we are being taught administrative skills in skul.

I think that is one of the best way to go and revived our already dead educational standard

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by 12285matric(m): 11:16pm On Dec 14, 2020
Technical school gives 80% practical view, which is cool, but theoretical aspect must also included that's where University education is needed. The two must be combined at this present Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by ednut1(m): 11:17pm On Dec 14, 2020
cheap substitutes from China. its this same Nigeria Tailor or meat seller go still ride okada small to make ends meet

1 Like

Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by DEADALIVE: 11:17pm On Dec 14, 2020
Legionx:

The average Nigerian lacks the common sense to understand the way the economy works

if you like learn all the skills in the world as long as the Nigerian economy is not promoting new businesses or startups no skill can save your business from crumbling.

Without favorable government policies there is no skill you can learn to move forward.

what we should be asking is what can we do to improve the standard of education in Nigeria so that the courses that people study can have an impact

the poor man teaches his children to study in universities so that they can get a certificate and then get a job and live a comfortable life

We don't go to school just to study and get the certificate.

we go there so that we can learn a course and then use what we have learnt to improve the economy that is why school was created

so if you guys keep running around learning skills how will the economy improve when the people that are supposed to get the intelligent ideas to change things are shying away from scoring high points in school.

if you think enterpreneurship will save Nigeria then you have learnt nothing from 2014 with all their enterpreneurship programs when recession came you saw how many people committed suicide. you all have come together and start bringing the solutions ourselves.

we can't expect the government to do anything impressive when we made the wrong decision by voting the wrong people.

You can never expect a goat to act like a lion, lead like a lion and protect like lion because it a goat is a goat.

so when you bought the wrong leaders you can never expect them to improve the economy and lead like great leaders when you keep collecting bribes to vote the wrong people.. you can never expect them to act in the right way.

right now we have to come together and start looking for ways to improve the economy and improve the educational system because no skill you learn today will not be affected by the economy.

whatever skill you learn the dollar to naira rate will increase, the price of your goods make buying things unfavorable and many more things that you don't want experience.

The reason why cyber crime and politics will continue to be the only profitable skills in Nigeria.
School has nothing to add to the economy except it generates revenue for the owner.
Until research institutions are funded and checks and balances measure are put in place to achieve whatever innovation or idea of a proposed plan..
Bro nigeria will remain thesame...i mean bros check out how many professors wey they this country...

3 Likes

Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by akaahs(m): 11:17pm On Dec 14, 2020
which of the technical school that are left to be the shadow of itself?
the technical schools of today nigeria is nothing to write home about. we that attended are where we were
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by Elsueno: 11:19pm On Dec 14, 2020
Legionx:

The average Nigerian lacks the common sense to understand the way the economy works

if you like learn all the skills in the world as long as the Nigerian economy is not promoting new businesses or startups no skill can save your business from crumbling.

Without favorable government policies there is no skill you can learn to move forward.

what we should be asking is what can we do to improve the standard of education in Nigeria so that the courses that people study can have an impact

the poor man teaches his children to study in universities so that they can get a certificate and then get a job and live a comfortable life

we go there so that we can learn a course and then use what we have learnt to improve the economy that is why school was created

so if you guys keep running around learning skills how will the economy improve when the people that are supposed to get the intelligent ideas to change things are shying away from scoring high points in school.

if you think enterpreneurship will save Nigeria then you have learnt nothing from 2014 with all their enterpreneurship programs when recession came you saw how many people committed suicide. you all have come together and start bringing the solutions ourselves.

we can't expect the government to do anything impressive when we made the wrong decision by voting the wrong people.

You can never expect a goat to act like a lion, lead like a lion and protect like lion because it a goat is a goat.

so when you bought the wrong leaders you can never expect them to improve the economy and lead like great leaders when you keep collecting bribes to vote the wrong people.. you can never expect them to act in the right way.

right now we have to come together and start looking for ways to improve the economy and improve the educational system because no skill you learn today will not be affected by the economy.

whatever skill you learn the dollar to naira rate will increase, the price of your goods make buying things unfavorable and many more things that you don't want experience.

Well said, o couldn't have said it better myself!
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by wman(m): 11:22pm On Dec 14, 2020
Nonsense talk.
As if we don't have enough artisans as it is.

As if University graduates aren't learning these skills before and during graduation. A lot of them pivoted to these after graduation and that's what is sustaining them.

As if more artisans is what will transform Nigeria to a 21st Century economy. Or as if a lot of artisans aren't struggling in Nigeria as it is.

People with sweet-sounding ideas that haven't gone through critical thinking.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by wman(m): 11:22pm On Dec 14, 2020
Nonsense talk.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by pegix(m): 11:29pm On Dec 14, 2020
A;really good and dope idea ... it's welcoming
Would save many a life man!

Imagine student already having d right tool at an interim stage
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by Nobody: 11:32pm On Dec 14, 2020
Not really bro..
He is very right yeah, school system in Nigeria is poor
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by ecomalchemist(m): 11:38pm On Dec 14, 2020
Jodha:
You're right....but it shouldn't be made compulsory....

Please I sell really nice and affordable wrist watches and bracelets....

I also sell human hair wigs and weaves...with hair care products... Please this is my only hussle support me cry

Kindly check my signature

If na me advertise my smartwatch and powerbank, those mods for don ban me by now.

It is well.

1 Like

Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by Sheriman(m): 11:39pm On Dec 14, 2020
Which of their kid?? Only to talk dem sabi do no action put in place
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by useed(m): 11:54pm On Dec 14, 2020
Legionx:

I don't agree with you... You were too narrow minded and limited your definition of skills to mechanic, tailoring, and the likes... Wake up bro we are milllenials, things have changed... No matter the economic policy Nigerian government makes, it can't affect the Forex market, it can't affect the coders and other skills... And this skills are not learnt within the four walls of a technical school, things have changed and are still changing. It amazes me as things are rapidly evolving ....imagination is the limit bro...
I come in Peace... As you were

3 Likes

Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by AududuNine11: 11:54pm On Dec 14, 2020
merits:
Not only technical na mechanic.smoke.

Lol
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by deleo16(m): 11:56pm On Dec 14, 2020
marvelck:
Due to the current economic/unemployment situation, I think it's advisable for young boys/girls to go to a technical school first after secondary school, to acquire one or two skills, before going to the university...

E get why!

u have spoken well
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by realstars: 11:56pm On Dec 14, 2020
Good And Fine
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by GideonG(m): 12:01am On Dec 15, 2020
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by Nobody: 12:06am On Dec 15, 2020
The reality is much more than going to school.

More industries need be built thereby creating more jobs.

Government schools need to start employing graduates who made it their dream to study some particular subjects while in school.
Not just any teacher they pick from their family list.

What can we be able to produce?? ---- Nothing. Absolutely NOTHING
Even those who are trying to put efforts into the manufacturing sector in Nigeria are not being given the adequate attention they need. Take for example:Abia state
How can a GIANT of AFRICA be the main importer of match sticks?

Zero industries,more hotels--- Some states in Nigeria can gallantly boast of 12 hotels in a row. With how many company's?

Even some of the so called graduates can't put into practical use,what they've been taught all over the years. Why?
Because the Nigerian educational system is a pile of mess,how will a student be based on theories all his life.
Even robotics engineering in Nigeria, is being learnt using pen and paper.

Technical schools are 100% helpful but,just not what the country needs at the moment. Even fees have to be paid first,by who?
In this era of everyday increase in recession?

1 Like

Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by overseasnbeyond: 12:07am On Dec 15, 2020
Nigeria will forever be like this because the leaders messed up the foundation of education. When i was in primary school we have classes for drawing and fine Art but it was taken away by the useless government. Ask average pupil in public school to mention colour, they will say "black and white" Many cannot even draw. How do you describe the person that came to your house yesterday by sketching?
Home economics no longer on the scheme but they want the kids to grow up to know how to cook, home arrangement and cleaning.
Wood work and technical drawing were part of the scheme in the college but no longer thought.
Nigeria is becoming a failing State.
marvelck:
Due to the current economic/unemployment situation, I think it's advisable for young boys/girls to go to a technical school first after secondary school, to acquire one or two skills, before going to the university...

E get why!

5 Likes

Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by Siberia01(m): 12:07am On Dec 15, 2020
useed:

I don't agree with you... You were too narrow minded and limited your definition of skills to mechanic, tailoring, and the likes... Wake up bro we are milllenials, things have changed... No matter the economic policy Nigerian government makes, it can't affect the Forex market, it can't affect the coders and other skills... And this skills are not learnt within the four walls of a technical school, things have changed and are still changing. It amazes me as things are rapidly evolving ....imagination is the limit bro...
so the coders and forex people no go eat rice and garri ?
na code them go chop....
and na 50million +. youths go do forex and coding

I see!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by AmDayo: 12:09am On Dec 15, 2020
Legionx:

On point

1 Like

Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by Galaxyroyp(m): 12:11am On Dec 15, 2020
Nice one OP.

Besides, watch my free training for parents and their high school kids here:

https://www.samuelfajuyitan.com/replay
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by Legionx: 12:12am On Dec 15, 2020
useed:

What a child

you don't know that the economic policies can affect how coders receive funds from there employers.

Just like the way PayPal banned Nigeria

you're talking about the forex market as if more than 50% of people who go inside there make it.

What a child

2 Likes

Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by Siberia01(m): 12:13am On Dec 15, 2020
grin op come mechanic village for Uyo come see as mechanics dey struggle for work... some of them don't. see a single work in a week.. upon all the skills Una dey talk nothing don change for the economy... even entrepreneurship Una dey shout... there is no positive effects... people are still suffering... you want to tell me the artisans are not struggling also to make ends meet...
this will continue until we are serious in this country... and do the right thing

3 Likes

Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by Siberia01(m): 12:15am On Dec 15, 2020
Legionx:

What a child

you don't know that the economic policies can affect how coders receive funds from there employers.

Just like the way PayPal banned Nigeria

you're talking about the forex market as if more than 50% of people who go inside there make it.

What a child
ignore the kid...
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by Silentgroper(m): 12:17am On Dec 15, 2020
BaddieFreak:
I support the op
Go nd re-beg ur madam nd resume ur catering schooling.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If Love Is Not Enough For Marriage, What Is? / Blackberry Babes And Grammatical Blunders / Thai Couple Kiss For 58 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.