Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,702 members, 7,979,386 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 07:35 AM

Military Mulls Seeking Help From US AFRICOM To Rescue Abducted Pupils - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Mulls Seeking Help From US AFRICOM To Rescue Abducted Pupils (15905 Views)

Oyebanji: Tinubu Spoke To Me Everyday Until Abducted Pupils Were Released / Governor Radda Joins Military Operation To Rescue Abducted Civilian, Foil Attack / Shehu Sani Faults Buhari's Request To Relocate AFRICOM Hqs To Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military Mulls Seeking Help From US AFRICOM To Rescue Abducted Pupils by Nato008(m): 10:54am On Dec 16, 2020
pegix:
Na SEALS TEAM Nigeria they clamour for now o
Or russian spetnaz
Hmm....what of our soldiers...can they conduct rescue operations again cry.
bro when u talk like this u miss the whole point, did u see the amount of air assets deployed by america just to rescue one person then imagine 333+ people....the truth our air force don't have those capabilities for this complex op..and I'm guessing it is going to be a pre dawn raid on all there locations at the same time, so u see this is a whole new level of rescue
Re: Military Mulls Seeking Help From US AFRICOM To Rescue Abducted Pupils by Daddysidhan: 10:58am On Dec 16, 2020
marvin906:

Don't start what you can't finish that's all I have to say..
I suggest you look at the future of that decision..
The military might have its fault but the best decision they've made is to resist foreign military into her territory
stupid talk
Re: Military Mulls Seeking Help From US AFRICOM To Rescue Abducted Pupils by Nato008(m): 10:59am On Dec 16, 2020
marvin906:

Is Egypt, Algeria,.morroco jokes to you
bro if something like this happens in these countries...the will seek american support....among these countries how many have high military grade satellites for intelligence.. or have the air assets to conduct this complex high level rescue...
Re: Military Mulls Seeking Help From US AFRICOM To Rescue Abducted Pupils by nedekid: 11:01am On Dec 16, 2020
post=97119172:
Seconded.
Get all the help you can gather to bring all these boys back home.
Abba Kyari and his goons.
We believe in you guys.
You have done this over and over again.
Pally with the army and let's put the enemies and sponsors of this evil Boko Haram to shame.
A. K has levels, this level is beyond x1000
his pay grade. People that are killing soldiers like fowl, you now want to send common olopa to his grave.
Even him will not have liver to near that zone and if he does we probably will be watching some beheading video on YouTube.
Re: Military Mulls Seeking Help From US AFRICOM To Rescue Abducted Pupils by Ekpekaycee: 11:03am On Dec 16, 2020
Kai, If this is true, I wonder who to blame between the media and the government for leaking such sensitive information.
A possible military strategy should not be revealed to the public (including the bandits) weather it is used or ditched eventually.
Re: Military Mulls Seeking Help From US AFRICOM To Rescue Abducted Pupils by OROSUNBOLB(m): 11:05am On Dec 16, 2020
And to say a retired Army General is the sitting President now calls for a serious concern. Anyway,this is what happens when you became army General through the backdoor of quota system !

1 Like

Re: Military Mulls Seeking Help From US AFRICOM To Rescue Abducted Pupils by Nato008(m): 11:05am On Dec 16, 2020
marvin906:

Don't start what you can't finish that's all I have to say..
I suggest you look at the future of that decision..
The military might have its fault but the best decision they've made is to resist foreign military into her territory
really....cause apart from paying ransom which is a very bad bad idea..I don't see good options.. and if the decide on the military, the don't have assets for this thing, u need drones, multiple air gunships, Chinooks choppers for heavy movement of troops and there gears plus high grade communication gadgets because this will a multiple complex rescue mission, now honestly tell me if u think the military can pull this off without assistance from outside..
Re: Military Mulls Seeking Help From US AFRICOM To Rescue Abducted Pupils by Eriokanmi: 11:05am On Dec 16, 2020
They had better eat their humble pie and
seek mercenaries from overseas. How many days did it take America to rescue their citizen at the chad basin last month, killing his abductors? The earlier they do, the better
Re: Military Mulls Seeking Help From US AFRICOM To Rescue Abducted Pupils by Nato008(m): 11:08am On Dec 16, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

Go and sleep.

My comments are not for emotional people but people that understands reality
which reality please....Israel with it state of the art military still seeks help from america sometimes then is now us in analog stage that u are saying.....can u compare our air force with Israel....do we have state of the art drones that can stay up in the air for hours..
Re: Military Mulls Seeking Help From US AFRICOM To Rescue Abducted Pupils by pegix(m): 11:08am On Dec 16, 2020
Nato008:

bro when u talk like this u miss the whole point, did u see the amount of air assets deployed by america just to rescue one person then imagine 333+ people....the truth our air force don't have those capabilities for this complex op..and I'm guessing it is going to be a pre dawn raid on all there locations at the same time, so u see this is a whole new level of rescue
Well.. true sha!
To prevent loss of lives also tho, coz engaging them literally with so much hostages might be fatal
.but i think the basic logistics should be available
They should atleast knw the location by now
Do regular aerial patrol... u get now lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Military Mulls Seeking Help From US AFRICOM To Rescue Abducted Pupils by marvin906(m): 11:17am On Dec 16, 2020
Nato008:

bro if something like this happens in these countries...the will seek american support....among these countries how many have high military grade satellites for intelligence.. or have the air assets to conduct this complex high level rescue...

Egypt might not they have the same pride as the Nigerian army even if their relation is stronger with the US, morroco those Judas iscariot will..
But you Algeria they won't if they need a high military grade satellites they won't go to the US..
They ain't friends with them that's Russia territory
Re: Military Mulls Seeking Help From US AFRICOM To Rescue Abducted Pupils by marvin906(m): 11:19am On Dec 16, 2020
Nato008:

really....cause apart from paying ransom which is a very bad bad idea..I don't see good options.. and if the decide on the military, the don't have assets for this thing, u need drones, multiple air gunships, Chinooks choppers for heavy movement of troops and there gears plus high grade communication gadgets because this will a multiple complex rescue mission, now honestly tell me if u think the military can pull this off without assistance from outside..

Dude if you don't know the Nigerian airforce assets I. Suggest you ask..
Drones they have it..
Gunships they have it..
Transport helos they have it..
But intelligence that's another discussion
Re: Military Mulls Seeking Help From US AFRICOM To Rescue Abducted Pupils by marvin906(m): 11:22am On Dec 16, 2020
Nato008:

which reality please....Israel with it state of the art military still seeks help from america sometimes then is now us in analog stage that u are saying.....can u compare our air force with Israel....do we have state of the art drones that can stay up in the air for hours..

I think you don't understand where most of us are coming from..
Do you know how long the US have been trying to secure their bases in Nigeria..
Where do you think africom headquarters was suppose to be..
I have no objection with asking for help but put it at the back of your head the people your asking for help are parasites..
Everyone should should be cautious
Re: Military Mulls Seeking Help From US AFRICOM To Rescue Abducted Pupils by Nato008(m): 11:25am On Dec 16, 2020
marvin906:

Egypt might not they have the same pride as the Nigerian army even if their relation is stronger with the US, morroco those Judas iscariot will..
But you Algeria they won't if they need a high military grade satellites they won't go to the US..
They ain't friends with them that's Russia territory
I agree....just like u said Algeria will go to Russia because the have superior capabilities which is what Nigeria should do and go to USA... is what is national pride if u can't protect ur citizens and moreover if we want to be doing pride then we should invest in our armed forces simple
Re: Military Mulls Seeking Help From US AFRICOM To Rescue Abducted Pupils by Freemasonry: 11:29am On Dec 16, 2020
This is soooo annoying. If it were innocent, law abiding civilians now, these idiots will display unwarranted force and might. See ordinary boko boys they’re seeking external help.

Nonsense and ingredients!
Re: Military Mulls Seeking Help From US AFRICOM To Rescue Abducted Pupils by Nato008(m): 11:32am On Dec 16, 2020
marvin906:

Dude if you don't know the Nigerian airforce assets I. Suggest you ask..
Drones they have it..
Gunships they have it..
Transport helos they have it..
But intelligence that's another discussion
how many of these assets have state of the art equipment... really do u want to compare those stuffs we parade as drones to those devils America has, do we have drones that can stay 12hrs up in the sky..moreover our C-4 helos are the olden version which don't the required gears for this op plus can how many do we have...because u and I know if a rescue happens it will be in 3-4 locations at once...
Re: Military Mulls Seeking Help From US AFRICOM To Rescue Abducted Pupils by Trogge: 11:33am On Dec 16, 2020
Goodluck Jonathan, is bad, is the worst president Nigeria has, now the coast is clear
Re: Military Mulls Seeking Help From US AFRICOM To Rescue Abducted Pupils by kmst1: 11:37am On Dec 16, 2020
But since Nigeria is a sovereign state can they seek help? grin
Re: Military Mulls Seeking Help From US AFRICOM To Rescue Abducted Pupils by aBrokeRichDude: 11:38am On Dec 16, 2020
Me I don’t understand, shey na military wan do rescue, There should be a Police division for that... Them don useless our Military finish... Army wen dey do road block, dey do security for area... watin kpokpo suppose do lipsrsealed Yeye dey smell angry

Re: Military Mulls Seeking Help From US AFRICOM To Rescue Abducted Pupils by Nato008(m): 11:38am On Dec 16, 2020
marvin906:

I think you don't understand where most of us are coming from..
Do you know how long the US have been trying to secure their bases in Nigeria..
Where do you think africom headquarters was suppose to be..
I have no objection with asking for help but put it at the back of your head the people your asking for help are parasites..
Everyone should should be cautious
I agree but this is not the first time there will collabo between the two and the would send in there air units to aid...plus I think there air assets can fly comfortable from Niger to support any rescue or the will fly to the Kaduna air force there and provide support after which the leave....national pride or sovereignty goes out the window when u can't protect ur people....that is why america Russia and co are called super power because the have the capability to protect there citizens anywhere around the world and strike at there enemies.
Re: Military Mulls Seeking Help From US AFRICOM To Rescue Abducted Pupils by marvin906(m): 11:40am On Dec 16, 2020
Nato008:

I agree but this is not the first time there will collabo between the two and the would send in there air units to aid...plus I think there air assets can fly comfortable from Niger to support any rescue or the will fly to the Kaduna air force there and provide support after which the leave....national pride or sovereignty goes out the window when u can't protect ur people....that is why america Russia and co are called super power because the have the capability to protect there citizens anywhere around the world and strike at there enemies.

You made some points..
Then again the Nigerian army should be cautious
Re: Military Mulls Seeking Help From US AFRICOM To Rescue Abducted Pupils by marvin906(m): 11:44am On Dec 16, 2020
Nato008:

how many of these assets have state of the art equipment... really do u want to compare those stuffs we parade as drones to those devils America has, do we have drones that can stay 12hrs up in the sky..moreover our C-4 helos are the olden version which don't the required gears for this op plus can how many do we have...because u and I know if a rescue happens it will be in 3-4 locations at once...

If you say we have limited number of assets I will agree..
Our assets are stretched..
But if you say we don't have drones that can't do 12 hours and if you say our helos are outdated then you've been living under a rock bro..
I follow military procurements alot especially ours
Re: Military Mulls Seeking Help From US AFRICOM To Rescue Abducted Pupils by FLYFIRE(m): 11:54am On Dec 16, 2020
LAZY people. Na to EMBEZZLE security money & shoot at UNARMED civilians them sabi
Re: Military Mulls Seeking Help From US AFRICOM To Rescue Abducted Pupils by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 16, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

Go and sleep.

Reality ko, reality ni. When we are talking about saving human life, you are talking about reality. Could Buhari and Buratai be talking reality if the victims were their children? Please let's leave reality alone and do the needful. The Polithiefcians and military are here reading our comments. Our opinion goes a lot.
Re: Military Mulls Seeking Help From US AFRICOM To Rescue Abducted Pupils by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 16, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

Go and sleep.

Reality ko, reality ni. When we are talking about saving human life, you are talking about reality. Could Buhari and Buratai be talking reality if the victims were their children? Please let's leave reality alone and do the needful. The Polithiefcians and military are here reading our comments. Our opinion goes a lot.
Re: Military Mulls Seeking Help From US AFRICOM To Rescue Abducted Pupils by 12inchess: 12:34pm On Dec 16, 2020
Just imagine little zahra or yusuf was among the kidnapped. Do you know the lengths they will go to, to get them back? Unfortunately, these are children of regular masses. In Nigeria, the masses are on their own.
Re: Military Mulls Seeking Help From US AFRICOM To Rescue Abducted Pupils by Crimsoneagle: 1:07pm On Dec 16, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
Nigeria can't seek help from Africomm, Nigeria is a sovereign country with its own military.

This article is a made up story by thisday, they didn't speak to any military officer, it was just written to give the story authority.

No military officer will support Africomm in Nigeria territory to rescue its citizens, it will undermined its military, once you start, people will start calling on africomm to come help Nigeria for simple matters.

Most people calling for Africomm are not security experts neither do they understand why you don't allow foreigners to fight your war for you.
OKOTOOOO!!!! MEOOOOOOOW!!!
Re: Military Mulls Seeking Help From US AFRICOM To Rescue Abducted Pupils by 4gunners(m): 1:53pm On Dec 16, 2020
You don't launch rescue by coming out on media.
Re: Military Mulls Seeking Help From US AFRICOM To Rescue Abducted Pupils by Cousin9999: 2:13pm On Dec 16, 2020
I'm wondering what drug someone would have to smoke to think it's a good idea to let US military into Nigeria. smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Are Not Defecting To APC With Ayade – PDP Federal Lawmakers, Stakeholders / Court Restrains AIT From Airing Defamatory Tinubu Documentary / Service Chiefs Decorated With Their New Ranks Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.