Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,000 members, 7,931,446 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 05:23 AM

Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed (29678 Views)

Tinted Glass Permit: Three Police Officers In Lagos Face Trial / Gunmen Kill Three Police Officers In Ebonyi, Cart Away Rifles / Nigerian Port Authority Headquarters On Fire! Mob Set NPA Office, Lagos Ablaze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by GreenArrow1(m): 11:02am On Dec 17, 2020
Chukwudubem0:

If the community do those things, then they should present the people they want to police them,

Things like these will keep happening until the police us restructured.

Smartest reply on this thread yet.
Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by openmine(m): 11:10am On Dec 17, 2020
dyera:
Setting police station ablaze is height of foolishness. When kidnappers and armed robbers start having a field day, you will start crying to the government. If the people of those community are not foolish, they shouldn't allow the okada riders to get away with burning three police stations because of the action of a single policeman.
To be honest,the burning of police stations by the mob should be condemned by all....however,we can't run away from the root cause that gave rise to this ugly incident that has been suppressed for a long time!

Most of our security operatives esp the police are corrupt and trigger happy and have gotten away with extra judicial killings without any sort of punishment meted to them by their superior officers!
The tragic apo 5 incident at abuja during the regime of former president obasanjo is a timely reminder!

Simply put,a policeman with a gun can kill a motorcycle rider or a bus conductor and nothing will happen even if he is reported to the state commissioner of police... They will simply make that policeman disappear by transferring him to another state or locality! Simple!

If the police can kill defenceless civilians who went out to do their legitimate jobs,then the security operatives are worse than the kidnappers or armed robbers!

As much as we want to condemn these acts of violence,we must demand that culpable security operatives,no matter their status,be severely punished according to the law to serve as a deterrent to others....that's the only way we can stop these constant burning of police stations by an angry mob!
Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by DonroxyII: 11:11am On Dec 17, 2020
EbenAK:
Police killed a motorcycle rider at Igboukwu town, whose wife recently gave birth to baby twins and was awaiting for his dead father's burial,(as heard) over disagreement and the youth became angry and burned the station at Igboukwu, Aguata LGA, and came down to Ekwulobia station, which is the headquarter of Aguata LGA police stations.
But before the tight defense of the police force of Ekwulobia station was broken and set ablaze by the furious mob, a motorcycle rider among the mob was shot down by the police and was taken inside the station by the police, and the mob became more angry and went to Oko the neighboring town police station with the corpse and set the station ablaze.
This is the best way to develop a Nation .... They are not more than the people ... If they misbehave, Tear down them ....

Na madness dem dey use quench Madness ...

any animal wey mad pass lion , lion go humble itself before am !!
Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by openmine(m): 11:23am On Dec 17, 2020
Neddstark:

The police needs to have a swift response squad from the headquarters that delivers backup once a situation is restive and getting out of hands. I am against the police extra-judicial killings but burning government public property is not needed. Perhaps the burning of stations was incited by IPOB to pave way for their new security network.
This suggestion of yours will further bring in lawlessness to the community!

How can you bring in a swift response squad when people of the community are agitated that a policeman just killed a motorcycle rider and possibly one of their own?

As much as i dont fancy Ipob,its completely illogical to link the burning of stations to the group!

The reason behind this reaction from the mob is simply because the superior officers have been silent when cases of extra judicial killings have been presented to them!

Security operatives esp the police have killed so many defenseless citizens in the country!

Solve the root causes of the issues instead of blaming it else where!
Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by Sheriman(m): 11:25am On Dec 17, 2020
Wahaala for anybody who be Police in Nigeria
Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by chriscrosss(m): 11:34am On Dec 17, 2020
Sack which police...you will sck them and they will be transfered to another state.. Jungle justice should be applied to thr politicians too.. What suit taye should suit kehinde...
Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by onomeabuja: 11:34am On Dec 17, 2020
Nokio1:
Message from a friend. Please he need help.
Advise him.
Last January our neighbour bought a car, my wife woke me
from sleep nightly saying 'Is he not a man like you? Or is he
from another planet? You have to do just as he has done?
You too must buy a car'. I was forced to buy a Car.
After three months, the neighbour bought a piece of land,
and she disturbed me until I also bought one.
Two months ago, the neighbour started his building on his
land. As usual, she did not leave me in peace until I also
had to do same.
Now, this afternoon, our neighbour brought in a second
wife...
Pls I NEED HELP
Should i wait for the usual pressure, or Just take action??
Oh man shift go side grin u just come spoil my belle nw hw u want make i read all this news on NAIRALAND finish undecided
Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by Chris2863(m): 11:43am On Dec 17, 2020
grin grin grin
Nokio1:
Advise him.
had to do same.
wife...
Pls I NEED HELP
Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by jacoik(m): 11:49am On Dec 17, 2020
Nokio1:
Advise him.
had to do same.
wife...
Pls I NEED HELP
you don't need to wait for her to pressure you. take action guy

1 Like

Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by Rilwayne001: 11:49am On Dec 17, 2020
Lawlessness is becoming rampant in this country.
Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by Yankee101: 11:57am On Dec 17, 2020
We can't solve our problems by burning everything down

Next time they might not be there to save you when you really need them
Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by BobbyZrealist(m): 12:16pm On Dec 17, 2020
This is it.

Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by Christistruth00: 1:04pm On Dec 17, 2020
Neddstark:

The police needs to have a swift response squad from the headquarters that delivers backup once a situation is restive and getting out of hands. I am against the police extra-judicial killings but burning government public property is not needed. Perhaps the burning of stations was incited by IPOB to pave way for their new security network.

Kanu in his October broadcasts ordered IPOB to kill Police take their guns and burn down their Police Stations.

1 Like

Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by anonymous1759(m): 1:08pm On Dec 17, 2020
thatsleepboy1:
It is high time we go the “an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth” way cos these men kill without the law yet, the law accommodate and spare them while the family members of the dead wail in tears and pain.
So they should be dealt with outside the confines of the law and the law shouldn't accommodate them at all.

I salute the courageous men and more should be done biko. They can't be killing we the igbo youths thinking were fools.

Tribalistic man James Nwafor is Igbo killing Igbo . Condemn the killings stop the tribal war
Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 17, 2020
Its hightime the police realise that even as law enforcement officers they do not have monopoly of violence. thankgod giving us a man like MNK
Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by Neddstark: 1:32pm On Dec 17, 2020
openmine:

This suggestion of yours will further bring in lawlessness to the community!

How can you bring in a swift response squad when people of the community are agitated that a policeman just killed a motorcycle rider and possibly one of their own?

As much as i dont fancy Ipob,its completely illogical to link the burning of stations to the group!

The reason behind this reaction from the mob is simply because the superior officers have been silent when cases of extra judicial killings have been presented to them!

Security operatives esp the police have killed so many defenseless citizens in the country!

Solve the root causes of the issues instead of blaming it else where!

Do you know how many extra-judicial killings have been done by US police? They born anybody papa well make he go try burn their station.
Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by openmine(m): 1:52pm On Dec 17, 2020
Neddstark:

Do you know how many extra-judicial killings have been done by US police? They born anybody papa well make he go try burn their station.
undecided undecided
What sort of comparison is that?
Its totally ludicrous to make a correlation between a lawless country like Nigeria where there has been a break down of important institutions to a developed country like America?

Lets even admit without conceding that there are extra judicial killings in the US police,have those culpable police men not been prosecuted and sent to prison?
But right here in Nigeria,a security operative can confidently kill a defenseless citizen and still be walking the streets a free man without prosecution and punishment!

Failure to punish an erring policeman has led to a reaction from an angry mob who have no option but to burn the police station since the structure doesn't serve its purpose!

I dont like such violence and i will be the first to condemn the chaos meted out on police stations but we must state the truth.....Once a crime is done by a security operative and their superiors remain silent or adamant to discipline their own after such cases have been reported to them, the people will take matters into their own hands and thats the result we are getting!
Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by aminusodiq(m): 1:52pm On Dec 17, 2020
slam7000:
These lawlessness and arson need to be checked. It might snowball into something more sinister.
Police should be called to order but mob attacks at police stations won’t solve the problem.

Oko police station was 100% community effort. No assistance from the federal, state or local government.
Land was donated by the community and building financed 100% by the community. This was at the height of kidnapping that was ravaging Anambra state and Aguata/Orumba local governments at the time.

Why burn it down? Why not sack the police from there? The building could be utilised for something else.

This madness must stop.
oponu
Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by aminusodiq(m): 1:54pm On Dec 17, 2020
dyera:
Setting police station ablaze is height of foolishness. When kidnappers and armed robbers start having a field day, you will start crying to the government. If the people of those community are not foolish, they shouldn't allow the okada riders to get away with burning three police stations because of the action of a single policeman.
are they not having a field day now?... How many major bank robberies have the police stoped aside the one in Abuja which was even poorly planed! ... They allow the robberies first ... Then do investigation later. That's how police ng works
Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by Neddstark: 2:10pm On Dec 17, 2020
openmine:

undecided undecided
What sort of comparison is that?
Its totally ludicrous to make a correlation between a lawless country like Nigeria where there has been a break down of important institutions to a developed country like America?

Lets even admit without conceding that there are extra judicial killings in the US police,have those culpable police men not been prosecuted and sent to prison?
But right here in Nigeria,a security operative can confidently kill a defenseless citizen and still be walking the streets a free man without prosecution and punishment!

Failure to punish an erring policeman has led to a reaction from an angry mob who have no option but to burn the police station since the structure doesn't serve its purpose!

I dont like such violence and i will be the first to condemn the chaos meted out on police stations but we must state the truth.....Once a crime is done by a security operative and their superiors remain silent or adamant to discipline their own after such cases have been reported to them, the people will take matters into their own hands and thats the result we are getting!

The people in some places are regretting the increase in crime as many police stations have been burnt during endsars. You are here still encouraging it? Shey you be kidnapper and you no want make police dey disturb your Enterprise ni? There are better ways to make demands than through violence.
Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by openmine(m): 2:31pm On Dec 17, 2020
Neddstark:

The people in some places are regretting the increase in crime as many police stations have been burnt during endsars.
Are you saying there was no crime before Endsars protests?
Are you aware that most of the security operatives conspire with these criminal elements to reek havoc on people?
No one is talking or playing down on the significance of the security personnel in a place,community,lga,state or nation but where there are unresolved issues of police brutality and the superiors are not punishing culpable security personnel,then such violence is inevitable!

Neddstark:

You are here still encouraging it?
Its rather unfortunate and amusing that you can't even peruse my explicit points!
Even in my previous comments,i outrightly condemned the violence by the perpetrators...However,it will be insensitive and benighted to condemn one act while leaving out the root cause of such chaos!
This was a reaction based on years of suppression......The reaction by the mob is wrong but its as a result of the consistent failure of the superiors in the police to tackle the real issues that gave rise to the recent violence on police stations!

Neddstark:

Shey you be kidnapper and you no want make police dey disturb your Enterprise ni?
grin
Really?
Hilarious!
What a reckless and asinine assumption!
Did you even read before commenting?.....smh!

Neddstark:

There are better ways to make demands than through violence.
Please do...
Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by Blackdisciple(m): 2:38pm On Dec 17, 2020
rawfact:
Anambra Youths had better learn from Edo Youths and stop the madness undecided

Sure they should stop while the police kill humans for just #50 that can only buy me small bottle water

1 Like

Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by Neddstark: 2:46pm On Dec 17, 2020
openmine:

Are you saying there was no crime before Endsars protests?
Are you aware that most of the security operatives conspire with these criminal elements to reek havoc on people?
No one is talking or playing down on the significance of the security personnel in a place,community,lga,state or nation but where there are unresolved issues of police brutality and the superiors are not punishing culpable security personnel,then such violence is inevitable!

Its rather unfortunate and amusing that you can't even peruse my explicit points!
Even in my previous comments,i outrightly condemned the violence by the perpetrators...However,it will be insensitive and benighted to condemn one act while leaving out the root cause of such chaos!
This was a reaction based on years of suppression......The reaction by the mob is wrong but its as a result of the consistent failure of the superiors in the police to tackle the real issues that gave rise to the recent violence on police stations!

grin
Really?
Hilarious!
What a reckless and asinine assumption!
Did you even read before commenting?.....smh!

Please do...

Abeg no quote me again.
Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 17, 2020
thatsleepboy1:
It is high time we go the “an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth” way cos these men kill without the law yet, the law accommodate and spare them while the family members of the dead wail in tears and pain.
So they should be dealt with outside the confines of the law and the law shouldn't accommodate them at all.

I salute the courageous men and more should be done biko. They can't be killing we the igbo youths thinking were fools.

I agree with you �%

1 Like

Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 17, 2020
dyera:
I think you are the one that is foolish here. I believe you can't write this if the two civilians killed were your father and brother. The people in the community has done the best and the only thing. Nothing can stop police brutality in Nigeria except melting brutal jungle justice on policemen and burning police stations. That's the only solution.
Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by openmine(m): 2:56pm On Dec 17, 2020
Neddstark:

Abeg no quote me again.
grin grin grin
where are the 'better ways' to make demands without violence nah or did a cat cut your tongue?
SMH...You guys just consistently make flimsy excuses for an incompetent and insensitive police until their hammer of brutality befalls you or your loved ones!
Go away joor! cool cool
Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by Neddstark: 3:00pm On Dec 17, 2020
openmine:

grin grin grin
where are the 'better ways' to make demands without violence nah or did a cat cut your tongue?
SMH...You guys just consistently make flimsy excuses for an incompetent and insensitive police until their hammer of brutality befalls you or your loved ones!
Go away joor! cool cool

You must be a retrograded cretinoid to involve someone's loved ones to win your stupid arguments. Nah it will befall on your whorish females in your family and the homosexual males who indulge in incest with you.
Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by openmine(m): 3:06pm On Dec 17, 2020
[s]
Neddstark:

You must be a retrograded cretinoid to involve someone's loved ones to win your stupid arguments. Nah it will befall on your whorish females in your family and the homosexual males who indulge in incest with you.
[/s]
Load of balderdash as usual from an empty cere.brum!
I professionally countered your illogical pile of rubbish and you responded like a ignorant clod with zero reasoning! cool
Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by Neddstark: 3:17pm On Dec 17, 2020
openmine:
[s][/s]
Load of balderdash as usual from an empty cere.brum!
I professionally countered your illogical pile of rubbish and you responded like a ignorant clod with zero reasoning! cool

When you were mentioning loved ones, you didnt know right? I doubt you have loved ones or ever been in a situation where love has been bestowed to you. Probably a scorned child of hate. Cos if you did, you would know better not to be stupid. Please next time in a physical argument, use the person's loved ones as a basis. Brainless scum like you.
Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by kennyflames(m): 3:31pm On Dec 17, 2020
My Guy kukuma marry another wife make e pain am

Nokio1:
Advise him.
had to do same.
wife...
Pls I NEED HELP

Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by openmine(m): 3:42pm On Dec 17, 2020
[s]
Neddstark:

When you were mentioning loved ones, you didnt know right? I doubt you have loved ones or ever been in a situation where love has been bestowed to you. Probably a scorned child of hate. Cos if you did, you would know better not to be stupid. Please next time in a physical argument, use the person's loved ones as a basis. Brainless scum like me.
[/s]
grin grin grin
Someone is wailing in heavy quantities...can i offer you a geepee tank? cheesy
You are a perfect replica of what you are vac.uously spewing!
Your extremely empty co.conut cere.brum is undeniably exemplary!
I searched google for a complete resemblance of an asin.ine fella and your monikername turned up in the first option! cheesy
Not startled.....Your nu.tty qualities can be likened to Peak milk advert...Its in you! grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ministerial Screening: Nigerians Praise Ocholi’s Performance On Twitter / Nigerian Government Declares Tuesday Public Holiday / Oshiomhole Once Wanted Building Named After Obaseki For ‘selfless Service’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.