Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,834 members, 7,976,125 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 07:52 PM

Mourinho Back To His Feisty Best, Says "I Can't Behave Like Klopp" - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mourinho Back To His Feisty Best, Says "I Can't Behave Like Klopp" (357 Views)

Klopp: Liverpool Cannot Behave Like Chelsea In The Transfer Market / Why Do Chelsea Supporters Behave Like Touts? / Real Madrid President Wants Mourinho Back So That He Can Force Ramos Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mourinho Back To His Feisty Best, Says "I Can't Behave Like Klopp" by ogbiwa: 7:52am On Dec 17, 2020
Manager Jose Mourinho was annoyed by the touchline behaviour of Liverpool counterpart Jurgen Klopp in Tottenham's 2-1 defeat and suggested he would have been punished for similar actions.

The Reds boss was exuberant during the fiercely fought contest decided by Roberto Firmino's 90th-minute winner.

"If I behaved the same, I've no chance to stay there," Mourinho told Amazon Prime. "I'm out one minute after."

On the suggestion Klopp was animated, he said: "Come on, that's animated?"

Mourinho also told BBC Radio 5 Live: "The referees let him behave the way he does. It's not my problem. I feel sad for it because I cannot do it, but it's just the way it is."

The Portuguese boss spoke to the German after the final whistle. When asked what words were exchanged, Mourinho responded: "I told him [Klopp] the best team lost and he disagreed, but that's his opinion."

Klopp, reacting to Mourinho's comments, told BBC Radio 5 Live: "It was not heated at all. He wasn't happy because he told me the better team lost - and I thought he was joking. But he wasn't. So that's it."

He added that Mourinho did not bring up the topic of his touchline behaviour.

Mohamed Salah gave the home side the lead in front of 2,000 fans at Anfield and Son Heung-min equalised in the first half, before Firmino's late winner.

Spurs' Steven Bergwijn had two good chances to score with only keeper Alisson to beat, and Harry Kane saw his header on goal bounce over the bar.

"A point would have been quite a fair result, but we played to win and had the biggest chances to win it," added Mourinho.

"The game was always under control. I feel it was a very undeserved result, but that's football. At half-time we move a little bit the pieces, but overall the game was always under control and I am very pleased with the performance."

He added that Liverpool didn't look a team that were "[league] champions, European champions, world champions".

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55343127

Lalasticlala Mynd44

Lalasticlala Mynd44

Re: Mourinho Back To His Feisty Best, Says "I Can't Behave Like Klopp" by Designtobuild: 7:52am On Dec 17, 2020
Mourinho is actually getting back to his tactical best. His Spurs side are one of the best I've seen in a long time. Very hard to beat. No wonder he has started dropping wicked quotes again, something we hardly saw during his morale sapping tenure with Man United for example, for when morale is high, the tongue speaketh forth great mysteries
- Designtobuild 2020 undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mourinho Back To His Feisty Best, Says "I Can't Behave Like Klopp" by Cubana01: 7:54am On Dec 17, 2020
hmmm
Re: Mourinho Back To His Feisty Best, Says "I Can't Behave Like Klopp" by ab1x: 7:57am On Dec 17, 2020
You should be ashamed for saying the best team lost. You are destroying the beauty of football. All your players just sat at the back expecting loose ball to pounce on counter attack. No free flow football at all. Perhaps, statistics is there to judge that liverpool outplayed your team.
Re: Mourinho Back To His Feisty Best, Says "I Can't Behave Like Klopp" by vibre: 7:59am On Dec 17, 2020
His team lost and liverpool were the better team on the day by far.
Re: Mourinho Back To His Feisty Best, Says "I Can't Behave Like Klopp" by Freestainworld(m): 8:01am On Dec 17, 2020
Mourinho on the news again
Re: Mourinho Back To His Feisty Best, Says "I Can't Behave Like Klopp" by drips8(m): 10:25am On Dec 17, 2020
The best team actually won.
Re: Mourinho Back To His Feisty Best, Says "I Can't Behave Like Klopp" by DrKlever(m): 12:26pm On Dec 17, 2020
The better team lost. Tottenham had 4 big chances against Liverpool zero. If they had converted those chances, score would be 4-1. Forget about the ball possession. A draw would have been a fair result!
Re: Mourinho Back To His Feisty Best, Says "I Can't Behave Like Klopp" by paulolee(m): 12:29pm On Dec 17, 2020
the best team won bt mou is soo on point abt dt klop comment...assuming he won by a 90 mins goal n he did same, he would be fined or even match ban
Re: Mourinho Back To His Feisty Best, Says "I Can't Behave Like Klopp" by moradeyo59302: 2:28pm On Dec 17, 2020
The best team actually won.
Re: Mourinho Back To His Feisty Best, Says "I Can't Behave Like Klopp" by luvola(m): 2:31pm On Dec 17, 2020
Dominique front page please

(1) (Reply)

EPL: Atletico Madrid Wants Chelsea Star As Diego Costa’s Replacement / Latest Sports News For Monday 4th December, 2021 / [EPL]: Mohamed Salah Make New History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.