Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,541 members, 7,975,127 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 05:29 PM

Nigeria Airways It's Dysfunctionalism - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Airways It's Dysfunctionalism (216 Views)

Poor Managerial & Maintenance Culture; The Sad Case Of Nigeria Airways & Okada A / Nigeria Airways 18 Years After It Packed Up (Pictures, Video) / Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Airways It's Dysfunctionalism by Milezero: 10:37am On Dec 18, 2020
I cannot say that we never once had an airways. Nigeria had an airways in those glorious days but one of the factors responsible for it's bankruptcy and it's demise was lack of maintenance ,diversion of funds,bad leadership ,bad policies,tribalism and nepotism,and the mother of them all " CORRUPTION"

Let's talk about some of the corruption.My own mother worked in the financial auditing section when the airways was still functional.
She told me a story of how things that were meant for passengers boarding the airways were diverted by some flight crews Into personal use eg bags,cutleries ,tissue papers and other gifts meant to be given as patronage to passengers were all diverted by air crew or ground crew of the airline and sold across the country.
This practise continued until it began to impede in the image and operations of Nigeria airways.
Ticketing/booking became a corrupt playstage as some staffs would book theirwhole family with unrecorded tickets or unused ones and reduce the price and continue.
A lot of uncleared tickets were used by corrupt people to board the airline.
Then the Northerners didn't know how to read or write.They would be calling the southwesterners to write tickets,official letters and do major office proceedings while they just sat as chiefs in their chair.
This whole cycle continued for a very long time .it was glaring that it was riffraffs that were ruling the coubtry and running the airlines.
When millions of Naira are unaccounted for what do you expect..
I wasn't shocked when Fire burnt the whole Nigeria airways building some years ago.
It is not shockibg because every private investigator would know that those who ruined the airlines were covering their Tracks!!!!
So it is glaring that NOTHING WORKS IN NIGERIA EXCEPT FOR BRIBERY AND CORRUPTION.
As soon as people are not benefitting from the system that is working perfectly and legally in an illegal way,those bereaved and corrupt one begin to spoil the system.
So this has been how most administrators operate,administrate or manifest their deficiencies.
In this country ,either legal or illegally, corruption thrives.
It is no longer shocking news but it portrays a horrible situation for the future of this country.
It is with utmost concern and deep shock that I announce the collapse of Nigeria and it's Airlines.
Some years ago,some prominet rich Nigerias in diaspora attempted to resuscitate the airlines but the Government halted their efforts because they felt it won't benefit them
It is not shockibg that we are running an audio government.its always all say and no do.
It is always all planning and no implementation.
This projects our failures and incompetencies.
May God have mercy on us all.

(1) (Reply)

How Will US Quarantine Work? / Synopsis Of Kayaking History / Abuja Nigeria Road Drive. Driving Around Africa's Planned City 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.