Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,357 members, 7,888,133 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:09 PM

Inec: Declear That Nigerians Should Vote And Stay For The Results - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inec: Declear That Nigerians Should Vote And Stay For The Results (513 Views)

INEC Declear David Mark Winner Of ZONE C Senetorial Re-run- / Inec Declear OBIANO As Anambra New Governor / GEJ Has Betrayed My Vote And Support - Preye Aganaba (one Man Protest) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inec: Declear That Nigerians Should Vote And Stay For The Results by egift(m): 3:50pm On Mar 26, 2011
Following the recent utterance by the Inspector General of Police and some state Commissioners of Police, some politicians that people should not bring Phone, Camera and should go home after voting - it seems someone is out to spoil the credibility of the 2011 general election?

I therefore seek your support that we should compel INEC chairman to declare that Nigerians have the right to vote and stay back for the announcement of the results at there polling boots.

Post your support. Together we can make it.
Re: Inec: Declear That Nigerians Should Vote And Stay For The Results by Beaf: 3:57pm On Mar 26, 2011
Where did this so called utterance take place? Because it seems to be known only to rumour mongers. Can you provide an exact link to Hafiz Ringims words?
Rumour mongering is unwise.
Re: Inec: Declear That Nigerians Should Vote And Stay For The Results by seal777(m): 4:00pm On Mar 26, 2011
@beaf, i am nt sure you live in nigeria.
Re: Inec: Declear That Nigerians Should Vote And Stay For The Results by egift(m): 4:10pm On Mar 26, 2011
Beaf keep fooling yourself. I will only post this for the sake of those you may cloth with your deception:

April polls: Soyinka slams IGP over use of cell phones

Written by Kunle Awosiyan Friday, 25 March 2011

Nobel Laureate Professor Wole Soyinka, on Thursday, slammed the Inspector-General of Police, Hafiz Ringim, over his directive that Nigerians should not take pictures with their cell phones and cameras during the forthcoming April polls.

He expressed his displeasure with the directive during the official presentation of an online media platform, reclaimnija.net, held at the Golden Tulip Hotels, Festac in Amuwo-Odofin area of Lagos State.

Describing the IGP’s directive as “nonsense and illegal,” Soyinka said there was nothing wrong for citizens to monitor and record voting process with their cell phones and cameras.

However, he called on Nigerians to disregard the IGP’s directive by not only staying back, but to also record voting, counting and announcement of the results.

Soyinka, who was visibly embarrassed by the IGP’s directive, said that the order was tantamount to misdirection.

He said: “I wonder how the IGP expects the citizens to have adequate knowledge as well as exempt the INEC of any complicity.

“It is stupidity of the security agents to ban Nigerians from taking their cell phones and cameras to polling booths. If they do not go with it to polling booths, how will they monitor electoral misconducts? People should ignore it because it is contrary to electoral act. Police always confuse Nigerians just to suit their paymasters.”

Reference:
http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/19481-april-polls-soyinka-slams-igp-over-use-of-cell-phones

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/31790.html

Back to topic.
Re: Inec: Declear That Nigerians Should Vote And Stay For The Results by Beaf: 4:17pm On Mar 26, 2011
^
Dude, I want a link to the IG's words, not Soyinka's words. How tough can that be, if you aren't rumour mongering and driving Soyinka to make another police report?
Proof sir, proof! . . .That you didn't make it all up.
Re: Inec: Declear That Nigerians Should Vote And Stay For The Results by Nobody: 4:18pm On Mar 26, 2011
Beaf:

^
Dude, I want a link to the IG's words, not Soyinka's words. How tough can that be, if you aren't rumour mongering and driving Soyinka to make another police report?
Proof sir, proof! . . .That you didn't make it all up.
They may be no paper report but i heard this directive from him on network news some days ago
Re: Inec: Declear That Nigerians Should Vote And Stay For The Results by egift(m): 4:27pm On Mar 26, 2011
aisha2:

They may be no paper report but i heard this directive from him on network news some days ago

Don't mind the PDP robot. He is asking for specifics but can never provide one specific source of the reason for his continued support for Jonathan when he was repeatedly asked.

@Beaf let me quote you:
If you are sad, you were not among millions of Nigerians that heard it on air, you can go and hug a wet transformer grin
Re: Inec: Declear That Nigerians Should Vote And Stay For The Results by seanet02: 4:36pm On Mar 26, 2011
Beaf the Auto Bot

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News! Inec Again Postpones Parliamentary Election To 9th May / Nigeria Needs New Breed Of Legislators / Another Shocker From Inec Tomorrow. I Dey Laugh - Iwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.