Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,879 members, 7,879,674 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 02:19 AM

If U Earn 350k In Nigeria Would You Consider Traveling Abroad. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If U Earn 350k In Nigeria Would You Consider Traveling Abroad. (834 Views)

This Is How Nigeria Would Be Like If There Wasn't Yahoo Boys (photo) / Which one of these ladies would you consider for marriage? / He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If U Earn 350k In Nigeria Would You Consider Traveling Abroad. by mascot345: 7:28am On Dec 19, 2020
If u earn 350k in Nigeria in a permanent work and you have a house too. You are the landlord. Would you still consider traveling abroad to hustle?

Advice needed.
Re: If U Earn 350k In Nigeria Would You Consider Traveling Abroad. by Jashub: 7:32am On Dec 19, 2020
The question you should be asking is this : with such an amount, is my safety guaranteed in Nigeria?
Re: If U Earn 350k In Nigeria Would You Consider Traveling Abroad. by MJBOLT: 8:39am On Dec 19, 2020
when i earn that amount of money over a certain period of time,i will come back and give my answer.

1 Like

Re: If U Earn 350k In Nigeria Would You Consider Traveling Abroad. by ufotty2001: 8:51am On Dec 19, 2020
Let me earn it first and I will come back and give u a reasonable answer
Re: If U Earn 350k In Nigeria Would You Consider Traveling Abroad. by Unik3030: 9:27am On Dec 19, 2020
Jashub:
The question you should be asking is this : with such an amount, is my safety guaranteed in Nigeria?
so it is everyone that is getting killed in Nigeria?even d abroad u are running to they have mass shootings too n suicide bombing.

u people hear abroad n u b like it's paradise,at his level I don't think it pays to leave certainty for uncertainty

5 Likes

Re: If U Earn 350k In Nigeria Would You Consider Traveling Abroad. by millionboi2: 9:32am On Dec 19, 2020
Jashub:
u fit go dia now,wetin go kill u na common cold

Safety is of thy lord
Re: If U Earn 350k In Nigeria Would You Consider Traveling Abroad. by Jashub: 9:39am On Dec 19, 2020
Unik3030:
so it is everyone that is getting killed in Nigeria?even d abroad u are running to they have mass shootings too n suicide bombing.

u people hear abroad n u b like it's paradise,at his level I don't think it pays to leave certainty for uncertainty
Let me tell you something : there is no place on earth where crime is not committed. But what separates a place from being called "dangerous"is the frequency in which criminal acts are perpetuated. Now as it stands Nigeria, is very unsafe. It is so unsafe that the US cautioned her citizens to be careful in Nigeria and to virtually avoid the country due to insecurity. Here is the latest :

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2020/12/exercise-caution-while-traveling-and-residing-in-nigeria-crime-is-endemic-throughout-the-country-us-warns-its-citizens-2.html

Now after reading this, do you think it is wise to remain here, even if you were paid handsomely?
Re: If U Earn 350k In Nigeria Would You Consider Traveling Abroad. by mascot345: 9:44am On Dec 19, 2020
Unik3030:

Thanks bro. I appreciate
Re: If U Earn 350k In Nigeria Would You Consider Traveling Abroad. by Jashub: 9:44am On Dec 19, 2020
millionboi2:
u fit go dia now,wetin go kill u na common cold

Safety is of thy lord
Safety is of the Lord, yes. But it has never been heard that God will come and deliver you. Rather He will give you the wisdom to deliver yourself.

Did the bible not say, " if they persecute you in one place, flee to another (Matthew 10:23)? Baba, be wise
Re: If U Earn 350k In Nigeria Would You Consider Traveling Abroad. by Unik3030: 9:50am On Dec 19, 2020
Jashub:
Safety is of the Lord, yes. But it has never been heard that God will come and deliver you. Rather he will give you the wisdom to deliver yourself.

Did the bible not say, " if they persecute you in one place, flee to another (Matthew 10:23)? Baba, be wise
if only u know the abroad u are talking about lack gun control,so one psycho can just wake up n feel irritated by your skin colour n gun u down.

U don't even care to know the skills he has n how relevant n acceptable it will b in his new country or u are team "just leave Nigeria".....that's d mindset many have that made them land in omar as modern day slaves.

look b4 u leap cos most times d grass isn't that greener on d other side especially for someone earning 350 with ease in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If U Earn 350k In Nigeria Would You Consider Traveling Abroad. by Jashub: 10:08am On Dec 19, 2020
Unik3030:
if only u know the abroad u are talking about lack gun control,so one psycho can just wake up n feel irritated by your skin colour n gun u down.

U don't even care to know the skills he has n how relevant n acceptable it will b in his new country or u are team "just leave Nigeria".....that's d mindset many have that made them land in omar as modern day slaves.

look b4 u leap cos most times d grass isn't that greener on d other side especially for someone earning 350 with ease in Nigeria
You are talking based on unfounded speculations and that is bad. Look I schooled abroad(Russia to be precise) and I can say that there is much safer than any place here.

The abroad you are condemning has crime, and killings, yes. But are they carried out on regular basis? Is it done at the alarming frequency Nigeria displays always? No!

Another thing is to note is that even if people are killed over there, the matter is not easily swept under the carpet. But can the same be said of Nigeria? No! Nigeria is known for covering everything! Or have you forgotten Dele Giwa?

Let us tell ourselves the truth : Nigeria is a failed state that offers no security to her citizens.

Even the skills you spoke of, will die in Nigeria if you do not take it out there and show the world.

So better have a rethink.

Peace
Re: If U Earn 350k In Nigeria Would You Consider Traveling Abroad. by micky90(m): 10:29am On Dec 19, 2020
Op, I will definitely move because this 350k you are talking about is something and nothing. Something because you will live comfortably in Nigeria, meet your expectations immediate expenses and do TGIF. While it is nothing because you are one step closer to be asking for Gofundme when a terminal sickness hit you hard, then you will know that the differences between you and those earning minimum wage is very close. Thank you for your time.
Re: If U Earn 350k In Nigeria Would You Consider Traveling Abroad. by KillerBeauty(f): 10:35am On Dec 19, 2020
Yes I would oh. 350k is not that big in this economy. The quality of life is higher in developed countries than in Nigeria. Constant power, no need to buy gen, service and fuel it. Good hospitals, no doctors strike. They have qualified nurses and functional emergency services. Good roads, not in Nigeria that pot holes will destroy your car, traffic laws that people obey, no open street gutter. Good schools, this one cannot be over emphasize. Low rate of unemployment, crime and poverty.
Even with 500k I will still consider immigrating.

1 Like

Re: If U Earn 350k In Nigeria Would You Consider Traveling Abroad. by Unik3030: 10:42am On Dec 19, 2020
Jashub:
You are talking based on unfounded speculations and that is bad. Look I schooled abroad(Russia to be precise) and I can say that there is much safer than any place here.

The abroad you are condemning has crime, and killings, yes but are they carried out on regular basis? Is it done at the alarming frequency Nigeria displays always? No!

Another thing is to note is that even if people are killed over there, the matter is not easily swept under the carpet. But can the same be said of Nigeria? No! Nigeria is known for covering everything! Or have you forgotten Dele Giwa?

Let us tell ourselves the truth : Nigeria is a failed state that offers no security to her citizens.

Even the skills you spoke of, will die in Nigeria if you do not take it out there and show the world.

So better have a rethink.

Peace
how can u tell me I talk based on speculations when the story is everywhere on the internet, Google it n see for yourself. Dont present abroad as paradise

As regards your second paragraph,there is high level of crime rate abroad too only that they are majorly controlled by the Media,it isn't like that in nigeria.u would b highly surprised when u see things yourself.
What I want u to know is media culture seems different in all countries,do u see them posting graphic contents of accidents like we do here, does that mean it doesn't happen?they have ghettos where police dare not enter too but their media will not tell u that.
Check out ghetto by Akon n see d other side they will never show u.

Ur third paragraph tells us about covering up cases,who killed Martin Luther King?who killed 2pac?if only u know there are government sponsored killing everywhere n high level conspiracy then u will understand say Na everywhere yansh dey back.

I am not saying Nigeria is d best but for a man earning 350k I will advice him to weigh his options properly n consider so many things b4 jumping on d next plane abroad.

What skills do u have?
How acceptable is it there?
Do u need additional qualifications to practice it there?
How long will it take u to fit into the system?
What are your future plans?
How many years will it take b4 u bring your family?
Will your expenses b able to take good care of them?
If things doesn't work out as planned,do u have a plan B?
How reliable is d plan B?
n so many questions.

Don't just say because security isn't good in Nigeria n u have lost hope u want to leave certainty for uncertainty..........look b4 u leap,not all that glitters is gold.

peace

2 Likes

Re: If U Earn 350k In Nigeria Would You Consider Traveling Abroad. by Escabado: 10:48am On Dec 19, 2020
mascot345:
If u earn 350k in Nigeria in a permanent work and you have a house too. You are the landlord. Would you still consider traveling abroad to hustle?

Advice needed.

I'm in this your kind of situation now , the problem is that our currency is not valuable anymore . But on the other hand. A bed at hand is better then thounsands in the bush . I will advice u stay in Nigeria unless you are very sure your trip will pay you more . I mean been very very sure . Not speculations
Re: If U Earn 350k In Nigeria Would You Consider Traveling Abroad. by Jashub: 10:56am On Dec 19, 2020
[s]
Unik3030:
how can u tell me I talk based on speculations when the story is everywhere on the internet, Google it n see for yourself. Dont present abroad as paradise

As regards your second paragraph,there is high level of crime rate abroad too only that they are majorly controlled by the Media,it isn't like that in nigeria.u would b highly surprised when u see things yourself.
What I want u to know is media culture seems different in all countries,do u see them posting graphic contents of accidents like we do here, does that mean it doesn't happen?they have ghettos where police dare not enter too but their media will not tell u that.
Check out ghetto by Akon n see d other side they will never show u.

Ur third paragraph tells us about covering up cases,who killed Martin Luther King?who killed 2pac?if only u know there are government sponsored killing everywhere n high level conspiracy then u will understand say Na everywhere yansh dey back.

I am not saying Nigeria is d best but for a man earning 350k I will advice him to weigh his options properly n consider so many things b4 jumping on d next plane abroad.

What skills do u have?
How acceptable is it there?
Do u need additional qualifications to practice it there?
How long will it take u to fit into the system?
What are your future plans?
How many years will it take b4 u bring your family?
Will your expenses b able to take good care of them?
If things doesn't work out as planned,do u have a plan B?
How reliable is d plan B?
n so many questions.

Don't just say because security isn't good in Nigeria n u have lost hope u want to leave certainty for uncertainty..........look b4 u leap,not all that glitters is gold.

peace
[/s] This lengthy post has only one meaningful thought , which happens to the reasons to consider traveling. Other than those, it is completely baseless and cannot stand in light with hard facts. And here they are

1. Nigerians in the diaspora enjoy living outside Nigeria due to the numerous advantages(education, job security, value place of life, access to doing business etc) out there. This is undeniable

2. Those still living in Nigeria still live here because they have little or no choice. It is only those who come from the elite that will enjoy living in Nigeria because of the current corruption in its financial and political structure

3. Check the rate of migration from Nigeria; the numbers do not lie. And you will see that it rises yearly .

4. Nigeria is a lawless nation. This fact is known throughout the world. The countries you said that" hide " their corruption are not known throughout the world ; they are only known through conspiracy theorists who preach propaganda for self-motivated gains.

Peace
Re: If U Earn 350k In Nigeria Would You Consider Traveling Abroad. by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 19, 2020
I earn more than that and I have few houses but if I can secure permanent visa to US or Switzerland, I will leave this enclave called Nigeria whenever I am ready to have kids. Today, I travel abroad any time I want but I can't live there without the right immigration papers.
Re: If U Earn 350k In Nigeria Would You Consider Traveling Abroad. by Unik3030: 11:05am On Dec 19, 2020
Jashub:
[s][/s] This lengthy post has only one meaningful thought , which happens to the reasons to consider traveling. Other than those, it is completely baseless and cannot stand in light with hard facts. And here they are

1. Nigerians in the diaspora enjoy living outside Nigeria due to the numerous advantages(education, job security, value place of life, access to doing business etc) out there. This is undeniable

2. Those still living in Nigeria still live here because they have little or no choice. It is only those who come from the elite that will enjoy living in Nigeria because of the current corruption in its financial and political structure

3. Check the rate of migration from Nigeria; the numbers do not lie. And you will see that it rises yearly .

4. Nigeria is lawless nation. This is a fact is known throughout the world. The countries you said that" hide " their corruption are not known throughout the world ; they are only known through conspiracy theorists who preach propaganda for self-motivated gains.

Peace
u can make your points without cancelling mine,u are entitled to your opinion n do whatever suits u with your life.

At op,don't let people living in fantasy dictate your reality to u.many are willing to use your life as experiment so as to calculate their next move.

Look b4 u leap
Re: If U Earn 350k In Nigeria Would You Consider Traveling Abroad. by Frustrated007: 11:36am On Dec 19, 2020
same here....
It's either, Canada, Hungary, Australia or the us.
Naija don tire me.
The girls are disloyal prideful useless pieces of shit, the government is shit, everything is shit!
Nonexistent2:
I earn more than that and I have few houses but if I can secure permanent visa to US or Switzerland, I will leave this enclave called Nigeria whenever I am ready to have kids. Today, I travel abroad any time I want but I can't live there without the right immigration papers.
Re: If U Earn 350k In Nigeria Would You Consider Traveling Abroad. by Adesolabless(f): 11:52am On Dec 19, 2020
Contact me on 08060409130 to more about traveling abroad
Re: If U Earn 350k In Nigeria Would You Consider Traveling Abroad. by Adesolabless(f): 11:56am On Dec 19, 2020
Contact me on 08060409130

Re: If U Earn 350k In Nigeria Would You Consider Traveling Abroad. by adekola72559: 12:07pm On Dec 19, 2020
when i earn that amount of money over a certain period of time,i will come back and give my answer.

(1) (Reply)

List Best Office Romance Companies You Know? / SEX With Lights On Or Lights Off? / This lady is asking for one night stand sex from Sunday Igboho (See Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.