Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,871 members, 7,933,266 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 10:54 PM

The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) - Fashion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) (108859 Views)

Wearing Of Butt Pads By Ladies (pictures) / When You See A Woman With Waist Beads, What Usually Comes To Your Mind? Be Hones / Ladies, Why Do You Wear Waist Beads? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by bolagabriella: 1:01pm On Feb 28, 2021
moorfyn:
Something that is hidden under cloth you wearing, how can it be fashion wetin person no de see. It diabolic ask questions well. It is worn for a purpose and a meaning. Those who wear it for fashion must wear it outside to be obvious for all to see.
Do you wear boxers for all to see?
Are ladies suppose to wear bra and pant for you to see? Not all fashion fit is for everyone to see. Some are meant for just lovers and husbands.

1 Like

Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by bolagabriella: 1:13pm On Feb 28, 2021
Jashub:
Bros I want to say something to you. And whether you choose accept or not that is your own perogative:

Now get this straight : Christianity is not a religion ; it is a lifestyle.

And in this Christian lifestyle, you are not free to do as you please because there rule (laws and doctrines).

These rules were given by God to guide and set us apart from others in society. In essence it is an identity.

We(Christians) use these rules to define how we conduct ourselves, dress, relate and interact with others outside our faith.

Note here that these rules do not give liberty ;rather they keep us in check.

They tell us when to not to go beyond the boundaries God has placed for us.

Now for a bible-believing lady to put waist beads on , brings reproach on the traces of God-given rules and laws in the life of that lady : it makes her look like she is one of those in the crowd of the ungodly.

I agree with you but for the bolded part...i will say "If you say so"
One question: do you think the isrealites women did not use waist bead then?
We are forgetting that waist bead as been in existence as a part of fashion even before gospel of christ came to africa/Nigeria.
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by bolagabriella: 1:14pm On Feb 28, 2021
MikkySexy23:

Our people have now become more religious than the owners of the religion.
I swear
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by lagusboyyy(m): 1:27pm On Feb 28, 2021
Truvel:
A Girl Told Me Dat. According To Her, She Said D Hausa's Sells D Beads.
Thanks for taking your time to answer me bro.
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by BreconHills(m): 1:36pm On Feb 28, 2021
Jashub:
Bros I want to say something to you. And whether you choose accept or not that is your own perogative:

Now get this straight : Christianity is not a religion ; it is a lifestyle.

And in this Christian lifestyle, you are not free to do as you please because there rule (laws and doctrines).

These rules were given by God to guide and set us apart from others in society. In essence it is an identity.

We(Christians) use these rules to define how we conduct ourselves, dress, relate and interact with others outside our faith.

Note here that these rules do not give liberty ;rather they keep us in check.

They tell us when to not to go beyond the boundaries God has placed for us.

Now for a bible-believing lady to put waist beads on , brings reproach on the traces of God-given rules and laws in the life of that lady : it makes her look like she is one of those in the crowd of the ungodly.

I disagree.

Christianity is not a life style. It is a new LIFE that gives us not only Christ's righteousness but also the power to life out his life. That life is not dependant on rules or doctrine but on power from above. When one experiences that power one begins to understand that preferring anything above him including wealth, success, job or fame is the sin. In the context of that life dressing is immaterial and the spirit will guide even the new believer into living out the life. Rules, and doctrine do not produce that life - they have no power over secret sins like lust, bitterness, envy, emulation, strife and so on.

You are talking about rules as evidence of life but I am talking about life as evidence of life. It is not my job to preach rules but Christ crucified. My job is to help people find life in its real experience not a sterile altar call or rule keeping. When the disciples met to decide on the laws that the gentiles ought to fulfil waist beads or trousers or make up was not among them.

Rules are not evidence of life and rules and doctrine cannot give life. They can only give the consciousness of sin not the consciousness of Christ.

Please leave the women with their beads, anklets, make up and wigs. Those are not the enemy we deal with. It is not for you to identify which dressing is godly, what you should be able to do is to apprehend the spirit that people have through their conversation. You cannot do it by observation, only through spoken words that come from the treasures of the heart.

I know your zeal. I have been there but it will only lead to joylessness, self justification and hardness of heart. Then you start going through the motions waiting for heaven and calling it maturity. First love bro, first love. Always. Never forget that.

God bless you bro.

1 Like

Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Oladipo1166(m): 1:57pm On Feb 28, 2021
paulolee:
its nice...almost all the girls av dated do like wearing them, I have no problem with it and I appreciate it..
also bcoz I love d noise they do make especially when am attacking from d back..
Bro your destiny don reduce to 2 Kilobytes
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Jashub: 2:16pm On Feb 28, 2021
BreconHills:

I disagree.

Christianity is not a life style. It is a new LIFE that gives us not only Christ's righteousness but also the power to life out his life. That life is not dependant on rules or doctrine but on power from above. When one experiences that power one begins to understand that preferring anything above him including wealth, success, job or fame is the sin. In the context of that life dressing is immaterial and the spirit will guide even the new believer into living out the life. Rules, and doctrine do not produce that life - they have no power over secret sins like lust, bitterness, envy, emulation, strife and so on.

You are talking about rules as evidence of life but I am talking about life as evidence of life. It is not my job to preach rules but Christ crucified. My job is to help people find life in its real experience not a sterile altar call or rule keeping. When the disciples met to decide on the laws that the gentiles ought to fulfil waist beads or trousers or make up was not among them.

Rules are not evidence of life and rules and doctrine cannot give life. They can only give the consciousness of sin not the consciousness of Christ.

Please leave the women with their beads, anklets, make up and wigs. Those are not the enemy we deal with. It is not for you to identify which dressing is godly, what you should be able to do is to apprehend the spirit that people have through their conversation. You cannot do it by observation, only through spoken words that come from the treasures of the heart.

I know your zeal. I have been there but it will only lead to joylessness, self justification and hardness of heart. Then you start going through the motions waiting for heaven and calling it maturity. First love bro, first love. Always. Never forget that.

God bless you bro.
You sound like all the other lawless folks around here .

If christianity has no law, then why do we uphold God's laws (especially 10 commandments) in the bible and teach them to our children?

See, whether you choose to acknowledge it or not, Christianity is a lifestyle. And in this lifestyle there are rules for being a good christian, and those rules lie in God's command book : the Bible. Which is why it is written ."This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success." (Josh1:cool.

I know you may not feel convenient with what I am saying... because the truth be told, Jesus Himself never said convenient things to the people of His time. Infact, He spoke about things that did not sit well with many. And I am doing the same here.

Peace
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by NamelessOGBENI(m): 2:18pm On Feb 28, 2021
Sundrus:
I no know why i no like this waist bead & leg chain. E dey turn me off.
I dey bounce once I see say you wear am including ring for leg....

Local can not cant
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by longjohnsilver: 2:26pm On Feb 28, 2021
bolagabriella:
I know everyone preference is based on what they've seen or heard or experienced. But while we err on the side of caution,we should also try to find out why a particular lady is using it before concluding it is jazz.
I'm a christian (a sound one by my definition though not a perfect one). I saw a friend of mine using waist chain about 2 or 3 years ago and i liked it. So i collected bead from my cousin and made one for myself. It broke after some time,so i went to the market and brought wasit chain (just #200) to replace it. My friends,siblings, cousins and sister inlaw saw it on my waist and like it. They asked me to get it for them and i did and they started using as well. The only thing is i don't use more than one at a time (i believe too much of everything is not good). I would love to use ankle chain too but i didn't cos people already have the impression it's for oloshos. I would hate if someone made an impression about me cos of my waist chain but I'm prepared for it all thesame. I can't please anyone just myself and God.

What is the perception of your man about wearing waist chain tho?
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by authority2006(m): 3:02pm On Feb 28, 2021
Mcslize:

It proves that once you meet them you will keep meeting them. Majorly to get men addicted for the love of pusssy. Why are the men patronising them? It is an addictive spirit.

Lol. Men are patronising them because they want to satisfy their urge without hurting anybody, because those ladies have what men want, beads or no beads.
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by bolagabriella: 3:59pm On Feb 28, 2021
longjohnsilver:

What is the perception of your man about wearing waist chain tho?
I'm lucky to have one of those man that does not have a mindset about it. i wasn't using it when we met and about 3years after. He didn't make any comment the day he saw it on me. I asked how he felt about it and he said he is indifferent but when the waist bead broke and i didn't use any he asked me why i haven't gotten another one. I told him that i wasn't in any hurry to make another cos i felt he was indifferent about it. So he said i should get another, so i got the waist chain from market...just 200 bucks

1 Like

Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by MichaelDares(m): 4:16pm On Feb 28, 2021
I think I love the aspect you mentioned to determine weight gain........that basically is the reason for wearing it also it act as an enchante whenthe women are dancing....to attract suitors ....... have you watched 1900's film
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by MichaelDares(m): 4:19pm On Feb 28, 2021
the one I don't understand is the ankle chain ........ I once had it is meant to tell suitors that they are not for any man ..... I can relate with this.....I have seen women ....... what about you
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by yellowpepper: 5:45pm On Feb 28, 2021
Good post. I want to remind the ladies about FCMB Proposition to support Nigerian women entrepreneurs. #FCMBSheVentures is giving out Loans and mentorship to Nigerian women in business.

Join the virtual celebration link with the Webinar on the 4th March

https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_wFHOVrVoSnq8z9EapqweFA
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 28, 2021
Jashub:

If christianity has no law, then why do we uphold God's laws (especially 10 commandments) in the bible and teach them to our children?

See, whether you choose to acknowledge it or not, Christianity is a lifestyle. And in this lifestyle there are rules for being a good christian, and those rules lie in God's command book : the Bible. Which is why it is written ."This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success." (Josh1:cool.

I know you may not feel convenient with what I am saying... because the truth be told, Jesus Himself never said convenient things to the people of His time. Infact, He spoke about things that did not sit well with many. And I am doing the same here.

Peace

In summary,I hope you don't even wear wrist watches bcuz it's made from adorned steel with tiny shiny stones in the watch,hope u don't wear sunglasses,or even wedding ring.
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by BreconHills(m): 10:59pm On Feb 28, 2021
Jashub:

Peace

I won't continue this except to quote Hebrews from 10:16

“This is the new covenant I will make with my people on that day, says the LORD: I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds.”Then he says, “I will never again remember their sins and lawless deeds.”And when sins have been forgiven, there is no need to offer any more sacrifices.

It is my desire prayer that every child of God will experience that moment when fire accepts them in sanctification and then they will understand the new life and put away all the arguments about body humiliation and denial which have an appearance of wisdom but deny its power.

Every believer must seek and pray for Christ to end him and make real the end of the old man. Until then principles, opinions and arguments over doctrines will be substituted for Christ righteousness.

Bro I accept whatever you throw at me in good faith. Who am I but a saved dependant wretch of a man. A broken useless vessel but for God's grace. Grace on you.
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by bigcasava1(m): 11:13pm On Feb 28, 2021
Yungstallion:
Have you ever wondered about the history of the origin of beads? Their origin is traced back to the African community, especially those with kingdoms like Nigeria and Ghana where women in the royal families wore them and people would use the different patterns, sizes, quality and length to differentiate their status.

Having said that, these are some reasons why women may want to put on beads. Here are some of the reasons.

1 Fashion, Fashion is what every woman desires to have in their life. A fashionable woman is a darling to everyone.

2 Weight watch, Majority of women would use the beads to watch if they are gaining weight or they are loosing it.

[b]3) Cultural Heritage.[/788^b]
Some communities among the Indians value this type of beauty and they always keep it as a value addition.
I hate it
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by PARADIZEPRIEST: 11:43pm On Feb 28, 2021
i hate it because most them are talisman
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by theOGN: 12:09am On Mar 01, 2021
Jashub:
What makes homosexuality unruly...or what makes murder unruly...have you bother to ask yourself that?undecided

Hi Jashub,
So I've been reading through your comments and would like to point out something. You haven't justified your point about waist beads being "unchristian-like." Yes, it is stated in the Bible, thou shall not kill, and I think there's also a place that speaks of homosexuality. But where in the Bible can we find, thou shall not put on waist beads? Pinning waist beads to religion isn't justifiable, however, if you argue that you find them irresponsible, I'm not sure why tho, then you're entitled to your opinion. Everything doesn't have to be about religion. There are so many things people count that I'm pretty much sure God doesn't even bother with. For instance, I once read from a Christian leaflet that watching football is a sin.

Anyways, waist beads are beautiful just like other bodily accessories. I'm sure some persons wear it without any spiritual or fetish undertones.

1 Like

Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Jashub: 8:15am On Mar 01, 2021
theOGN:

Hi Jashub,
So I've been reading through your comments and would like to point out something. You haven't justified your point about waist beads being "unchristian-like." Yes, it is stated in the Bible, thou shall not kill, and I think there's also a place that speaks of homosexuality. But where in the Bible can we find, thou shall not put on waist beads? Pinning waist beads to religion isn't justifiable, however, if you argue that you find them irresponsible, I'm not sure why tho, then you're entitled to your opinion. Everything doesn't have to be about religion. There are so many things people count that I'm pretty much sure God doesn't even bother with. For instance, I once read from a Christian leaflet that watching football is a sin.

Anyways, waist beads are beautiful just like other bodily accessories. I'm sure some persons wear it without any spiritual or fetish undertones.
Please why should I try and justify the wearing of an item that does not edify the life of God in me? Once something does not edify is not worth having. And for you to ask for biblical references shows you are trying to justify yourself into wear such.
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by SecretPerv: 11:19am On Mar 01, 2021
Africans.. These are the kind of topics we will never agree on.. Waist beads is fashion, some think it is fetish, na dem know, as for me.. Waist beads make an African woman extra sexy. Whether you jazz it up, na u sabi.
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by SecretPerv: 11:23am On Mar 01, 2021
Jashub:
Please why should I try and justify the wearing of an item that does not edify the life of God in me? Once something does not edify is not worth having. And for you to ask for biblical references shows you are trying to justify yourself into wear such.

So which of all the things you wear edify the life of God in you, does your wrist watch edify the life of God in you, or your shoes... Alaye, not everything is meant to have a link to your faith. Waist beads are fashion accessories just like wrist watched and anklets and neck chains and it is originally African.. Now, if someone decided to jazz up theirs, na dem sabi. Now for folks that don't believe in Jazz, saying waist beads are for jazz will be like saying any other item is jazzed up.. They will just call it BS. Then those that believe in jazz, will believe waist beads are fetish and shit.. To each his/her own.
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Jashub: 11:26am On Mar 01, 2021
SecretPerv:

So which of all the things you wear edify the life of God in you, does your wrist watch edify the life of God in you, or your shoes... Alaye, not everything is meant to have a link to your faith. Waist beads are fashion accessories just like wrist watched and anklets and neck chains and it is originally African.. Now, if someone decided to jazz up theirs, na dem sabi. Now for folks that don't believe in Jazz, saying waist beads are for jazz will be like saying any other item is jazzed up.. They will just call it BS. Then those that believe in jazz, will believe waist beads are fetish and shit.. To each his/her own.
Let me ask you a question : Smoking of cigarettes is not written in bible but should someone who calls upon the name of the Lord smoke? Answer me.
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Gbengadaniel12: 5:26pm On Mar 01, 2021
Rogosa:
She even tell me say if i knack am, I no go remember my gf again
ọmọ

1 Like

Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by mikmash(m): 10:43pm On Mar 01, 2021
BreconHills:

I disagree.

God bless you bro.

Hmmm, I just love the way you lay up thing.
P. S- I'm a secret student.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected / Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? / Recommend Products For Fast Hair Growth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.