Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,158 members, 7,887,376 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:52 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (465) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (914499 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Esmeob: 1:14pm On Apr 01, 2021
jizzle01:
PPR dropped today!!!

Here’s my timeline...

Submitted SP Application : January 31st 2021
BIL : February, 1st 2021
Biometrics done & updated: February, 2nd 2021
NSE Request & Submission : February, 18 2021
Medical Request: March, 10th 2021
Medicals done: March 24th 2021
Medicals passed & updated: March 26th 2021
BVL & Original Passport Request: March, 31st 2021
Submitted passport via DHL to VFS, Abuja: March 31st 2021

To those waiting on their PPR, keep your hope alive - it will drop!

It has ended in praise!!!

Congratulations to you!

Amen for those of us waiting.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by yeankux: 1:16pm On Apr 01, 2021
AMEN

oyibo4real:

Amen!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sleekcheek: 1:24pm On Apr 01, 2021
As in eh, and I wanted to use Lagos o. My own is even the difference in courier fee which was 12800, money I would have used to flex easter angry

HipheeO:
Yes I think so, it's paining me that I even paid transmission fees, I for pocket my 7k use am chop chinese grin and send to Lagos vfs. sent mine last thursday. still waiting.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sleekcheek: 1:25pm On Apr 01, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OlanikeOba: 1:40pm On Apr 01, 2021
Hello everyone. Please how long does it takes for a school to receive an online bank transfer made within Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 1:51pm On Apr 01, 2021
Heroulo:

Strange, what bank?
I dey tell you very strange!!! How can it only be only transfers!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MzMisty: 1:55pm On Apr 01, 2021

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shupy: 1:57pm On Apr 01, 2021
Emmyzdon:
Please I have a question. The minimum amount for NSE route is 30k CAD but it seems people get NSE request irrespective of if they have such amount. I have read through these trail and noticed that people with about 10,000 CAD where given study permit via the NSE route. Can someone clarify me on this? Because I have all the requirement but my statement of account is about 17,000 CAD.
The 30k is inclusive of the tuition fee if you haven't paid it. The financial requirement (NSE or no NSE) is that you must show funds for 1st year tuition fee and living expenses preferably above 10k cad. There are other factors that are going to be looked at regarding prove of funds. This is just for the required amount.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankko2003: 2:08pm On Apr 01, 2021
Laraba083:
Hello, I’ve been a silent reader here.

I got admission to University of Manitoba early last year for Fall 2020, that was April 2020.
I applied for a second degree program. I was doing all the application innocently cos that was my first application. I was just doing things the way I thought it was done didn’t follow any steps or guideline, only what IRCC stated on their website.
I think that kinda affected my application cos I submitted very late, anyway, I started the process late July and I submitted late September. I discovered this group late last year when I got NSE request.

I used my Uncle, mum’s brother as sponsor, I submitted just what I was asked, no extra. Though I added some certifications I had like entrepreneurial skills and professional courses, then SOP that was a final last minute addition.
My uncle only submitted a letter of introduction stating who he was and a letter of Sponsorship then his SOA.
So at a point I was so scared that I didn’t submit enough documents but I’m thankful for where I am at this point.

My Application Timeline goes thus,

- Applied : 24 September, 2020
- Biometrics Request: 25 September, 2020
- Biometrics done : 27 October, 2020 in Lagos
- Got NSE Request: 12 November, 2020
- NSE submitted: 10 December, 2020
-Medical request: 09 February, 2021
-Medicals done: 10 March, 2021
-Medicals Passed: 18 March, 2021
-PPR and BVL( Dropped around 5:30am or so, saw it when I woke up for Subhi): 23 March, 2021 submitted same day using Dhl, I sent it to Abuja and paid for two way courier.
Vfs got it the next day and sent it to IRCC immediately.
Counterfoil: 25 March, 2021
Passport was ready for pickup the same day, had to start calling Dhl again
LOI: 26 March, 2021
Dhl picked up on the same day, Friday
Got my passport on Monday, yesterday, 29th of March, 2021.

I’m really just grateful for the whole thing cos at a point I gave up and just continued with my life. But God did it for me after several fasting and prayers, Alhamdulillah.
My last resumption date is May 3, 2021 and I’m hoping to travel before then.
Though I have some questions.

Cos the way U of M is that you only pay for the courses you registered for, so do I have to pay tuition fee before I travel? And do I need an enrollment letter before I can travel. Also the SOA, showing proof of funds, should it be mine or my sponsors?

I need to know the exact documents I need to show at the airport here in Nigeria and also at the POE. Cos I really still don’t understand how the whole thing works.

Thank you

For everyone still hoping for their good news, I wish you all the best.

Laraba083 So my brother is working with an agent and he’s gotten admitted to the University of Manitoba. Thing is we’ve been asking the agent for the login for some time now but he keeps fronting, eventually he’s given us the login and also sent us a link to the site!
When check the site looks like hoax, seems they did a terrible job, when I looked around the site, something just feels wrong!
Can you check and see if this is the portal you checked your admission with, I’d really appreciate Bro!

https://manitobaug.radiusbycampusmgmt.com/ssc/zx671mA867020x6702kl0l.ssc

Thanks ��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MUN19: 2:09pm On Apr 01, 2021
Hello guys I’m new here, how do I go about applying for study permit pls.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by kelvine95: 2:20pm On Apr 01, 2021
MzMisty:
Hello Guys,

If your pre-assessment report came looking good from your gcsm note but your application got denied, please what does it imply/mean?

Reasons:

* Purpose of visit

* personal assets and financial status

* Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more: your qualifications,
previous studies, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.

You are almost there. The VO did her own assessment, that should be available on the gcms notes as well. My guess is, your post graduate course, your present role and your undergraduate course are going in 3 different directions. So, the VO is not convinced that you are genuinely going to be studying in Canada for that reason he/she refused you visa based on purpose of visit. Then, for the 2nd reason, it looks like you didn't proof enough ties with your Uncle, so the VO wasn't convinced that the fund would be readily available to you for your studies.

I think you should apply for a course that closely relates to your undergraduate course of study or your present role. Or you could also spend time to write a strong letter of explanation stating why you want to study this course and bring strong proof of prospect of employment in your country of residence.

Gurus in the house would attend to you soon! All the best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by SonofEguasa: 2:21pm On Apr 01, 2021
When you log in, under application status you normally see submitted, but in ghost update you will see "profile/Application updated" but none of the fields have changed. Once you logout and log back in, the application returns to being “submitted”. Ghost updates are not announced by email quote author=yeankux post=100390370]

how do you see/ know ghost update

[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 2:38pm On Apr 01, 2021
kelvine95:

You are almost there. The VO did her own assessment, that should be available on the gcms notes as well. My guess is, your post graduate course, your present role and your undergraduate course are going in 3 different directions. So, the VO is not convinced that you are genuinely going to be studying in Canada for that reason he/she refused you visa based on purpose of visit. Then, for the 2nd reason, it looks like you didn't proof enough ties with your Uncle, so the VO wasn't convinced that the fund would be readily available to you for your studies.

I think you should apply for a course that closely relates to your undergraduate course of study or your present role. Or you could also spend time to write a strong letter of explanation stating why you want to study this course and bring strong proof of prospect of employment in your country of residence.

Gurus in the house would attend to you soon! All the best.
In the pre-assesmeht notes all the points you raised were all marked to make sense read the VO's pre-assesmeht notes the last page of the GCMS notes my thinking is maybe a junior VO pre- assessed the Application to be good based on the notes the VO gave then a more senior VO reassessed it again and deli it's not okay by him or her cuz the pre-assesmeht is positive and cleared all the gray areas they finally denied her for so I don't understand IRCC ooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by kelvine95: 2:40pm On Apr 01, 2021
awys:

In the pre-assesmeht notes all the points you raised were all marked to make sense read the VO's pre-assesmeht notes the last page of the GCMS notes my thinking is maybe a junior VO pre- assessed the Application to be good based on the notes the VO gave then a more senior VO reassessed it again and deli it's not okay by him or her cuz the pre-assesmeht is positive and cleared all the gray areas they finally denied her for so I don't understand IRCC ooo

I figured. But I am looking at the possible reason why another VO flagged her. Last last, this visa thing now looks like try your luck. It makes me sick.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by demure178(m): 2:46pm On Apr 01, 2021
Evergeen22:
Please I just got this right now. Please what does it mean?
I ve been waiting for more than since Jan that I applied

They received the documents you sent to them. Can you quote me with the emails you used?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by demure178(m): 2:52pm On Apr 01, 2021
marcelonwa:

My eligibility review started same day as yours
I don’t know what is ghost update.
I did upfront medicals yesterday first
I should get my GCMS any moment from now
I applied March 5th

How do you know if your eligibility start?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Restoredglory: 2:54pm On Apr 01, 2021
Congratulations!

jizzle01:
PPR dropped today!!!

Here’s my timeline...

Submitted SP Application : January 31st 2021
BIL : February, 1st 2021
Biometrics done & updated: February, 2nd 2021
NSE Request & Submission : February, 18 2021
Medical Request: March, 10th 2021
Medicals done: March 24th 2021
Medicals passed & updated: March 26th 2021
BVL & Original Passport Request: March, 31st 2021
Submitted passport via DHL to VFS, Abuja: March 31st 2021

To those waiting on their PPR, keep your hope alive - it will drop!

It has ended in praise!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Hotvibes: 2:54pm On Apr 01, 2021
Rootiab:
Good evening everyone. Please if someone has taken vaccine. Will someone still quarantine.
According to IRCC twitter platform, YES you have to
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Hotvibes: 2:56pm On Apr 01, 2021
Hotvibes:
I applied for my visa since 18th December.. Did my biometrics on 21st and it was confirmed on the 10th of January.. I got another confirmation email on the 10th of February!! I don't know what the hold up is.. Can someone help me out here and when is medicals done
Can someone be of assistance to me please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Pedro906(m): 3:00pm On Apr 01, 2021
[quote author=Hotvibes post=100393604]
Can someone be of assistance to me please[Have you done your medicals and be hopeful you will be contacted]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teenie19(f): 3:01pm On Apr 01, 2021
This is strange..wow..I guess you should try applying for another GCMS note to see what happened..

MzMisty:
Hello Guys,

If your pre-assessment report came looking good from your gcsm note but your application got denied, please what does it imply/mean?

Reasons:

* Purpose of visit

* personal assets and financial status

* Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more: your qualifications,
previous studies, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MUN19: 3:04pm On Apr 01, 2021
MUN19:

Someone pls help ������
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Restoredglory: 3:06pm On Apr 01, 2021
Amen.

Benquip:
It is with great optimism that we all PPR hopefuls would receive our PPRs this month.
October, November, December, January and February applicants grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Blavkmaann: 3:22pm On Apr 01, 2021
Nobody answer me....... make una talk na

Shey Turkish airline make sense?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankalvinz(m): 3:36pm On Apr 01, 2021
Good afternoon all, I've been a silent reader on this platform, and would like to thank the gurus for all they are doing so far.
I have a question; what are my chances of getting my visa application approved?

I applied since February 24th, did my biometrics on February 26th and I haven't gotten any other update apart from "background check" and my "biometrics validation" for over a month now.

I am 23 years old, just finished my NYSC this March. I am a Microbiology Bsc holder and also served in a hospital. I applied for a Software Development and Network Engineering advanced diploma in a Canadian college for Fall 2021 intake and got in. My Sponsor is my Dad (a businessman), he had an approximate of N12m as his final balance in his account when I sent my MBS although he has transacted a little over N250m within the 6 months of the MBS.

I would like to know my chances, please. Thanks ��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by kelvine95: 3:47pm On Apr 01, 2021
Frankalvinz:
Good afternoon all, I've been a silent reader on this platform, and would like to thank the gurus for all they are doing so far.
I have a question; what are my chances of getting my visa application approved?

I applied since February 24th, did my biometrics on February 26th and I haven't gotten any other update apart from "background check" and my "biometrics validation" for over a month now.

I am 23 years old, just finished my NYSC this March. I am a Microbiology Bsc holder and also served in a hospital. I applied for a Software Development and Network Engineering advanced diploma in a Canadian college for Fall 2021 intake and got in. My Sponsor is my Dad (a businessman), he had an approximate of N12m as his final balance in his account when I sent my MBS although he has transacted a little over N250m within the 6 months of the MBS.

I would like to know my chances, please. Thanks ��

Do you have any experience in this area you applying to? And I think advanced diploma is lesser than a BSc, so you might be having issue with progression. Let other gurus in the house drop their comments

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankalvinz(m): 3:50pm On Apr 01, 2021
kelvine95:

Do you have any experience in this area you applying to? And I think advanced diploma is lesser than a BSc, so you might be having issue with progression. Let other gurus in the house drop their comments

I only took online classes and some practicals and got a certificate for each of the classes, but I didn't include the certificates on my SOP, because at the time, I had felt it wasn't necessary. Which I'm kinda regretting now. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oppsonn: 4:01pm On Apr 01, 2021
oppsonn:
Hello NL,

Please what are the chances of getting visa of someone of 35 that want to apply for second undegraduate degree?

Please can someone educate me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by chomiePedia: 4:03pm On Apr 01, 2021
Hello house,

I apologize in advance if this question has been asked before,I have checked through some thread but couldn't find an answer.

I have a BSC in Electrical/Electronics Engineering and want to go for an 8 months certificate course at SAIT. Power and process operation.
Please does any one know if I can get a study visa?
SAIT is a technology school so I don't know if that course can be qualified as a PGC.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 4:14pm On Apr 01, 2021
MUN19:
Hi

I would assume you have already gotten Admission to a Canadian University or College (DLI)

To Apply for a Canada Study Visa, go through all the content in the link below thoroughly

CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION FULL GUIDE (D-I-Y) & other Useful Information pertaining to Canada Study Visa
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/341#94059644

If you have further questions as you work on it stage by stage, endeavor to ask questions here in the forum , Gurus & Members in house would respond
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OlanikeOba: 4:22pm On Apr 01, 2021
Urgent please

Hello everyone. Please how long does it takes for a school to receive an online bank transfer made within Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 4:29pm On Apr 01, 2021
oppsonn:
Hello NL,

Please what are the chances of getting visa of someone of 35 that want to apply for second undegraduate degree?
Hi,

- A Visa Officer would see no logical/academic/career progression for a Bachelor degree holder going for another Bachelor's degree program. It can be termed that "your Purpose of Visit to Canada is not to go study" and this is a big time red flag on a Canada Study Visa Application.

- At 35 , a B.SC degree ain't advisable

In a nutshell, your visa chances in this context is very low.

Possible Way forward
A Visa Officer would expect you to go for a Masters degree (if you have a 2.1) or a Post Graduate Certificate program related to your Bachelor's degree or work experience from a College

Await more response from the gurus & honorable members

(1) (2) (3) ... (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) ... (736)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.