Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,692 members, 7,882,336 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 10:20 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (473) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (911719 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Dukealara: 7:57am On Apr 03, 2021
marcelonwa:

Didn’t u read the part they said u have to apply for a new student permit application with the DLI letter of admission?

This is only done if you do not have a study permit yet which means that you are still outside Canada with an LOI since study permit is only issued at POE.
Please read further. You don't know who is depending on this kind of info to make decision.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Bobinho10: 7:59am On Apr 03, 2021
Can you shed more light on the DLI stuff?
ILoveDLord:
The fact is, the study permit issued at the port of entry usually has your DLI written on it. So if you need to change DLI after you have received your study permit, then you need to apply for any study permit for the new DLI. This may not necessarily affect your study visa.

Note there is a difference between study visa and study permit.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Bobinho10: 8:01am On Apr 03, 2021
How true because on the link, there were contractions
Lekiboboe:
Copied ##

Breaking News : Canada Study Permit

Now, students will not be able to change the DLI/Institute after study visa approval.

Student has to lodge a fresh application for new DLI.

To know more about this information
click on below link :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/change-schools.html
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by skull4eva: 8:10am On Apr 03, 2021
Teenie19:
Hello House, I have a question,

How does MBS work? Do Visa Officers have access to "actual" bank balance anytime they log in? Or they only see what you submitted....thank you
only be period you submitted but mind you alot of people here on nairaland had a different experience in that their account statement was tagged fraudulent and they were requested to reprint again after the initial one months ago so it is advisable you leave the money used as POF till you get your PPR and VISA to be on a safe side

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by skull4eva: 8:12am On Apr 03, 2021
Bobinho10:
How true because on the link, there were contractions
what i believe on this DLI issue is that once you are in canada getting a new study permit won't be difficult it can only be difficult if u are outside the borders.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 8:18am On Apr 03, 2021
Admin9:

Justice for Nigerians

Lol. When Government don't protect its citizens and their interests, outsiders treat them anyhow. Besides, We still dey learn, our morale no reach tongue
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nnamdiosang: 8:18am On Apr 03, 2021
Good day all. CAQ just dropped. Unto the next one.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by elizyous: 8:19am On Apr 03, 2021
Nothing is wrong oh, mine also came 4 weeks after I applied. Just be patient and prayerful.

Jaysberry:
congratulations dear!!!! I really can’t wait to join you in Newfoundland! I got admission to study a PGD. I submitted my study application on 17th of March though through an agent, but surprisingly I’m yet to get a Letter of Instruction for biometrics and it’s over 15days and I’m yet to get it. Pls how long can d embassy sent Letter of Instruction for biometrics? Or could there be something wrong from my application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nnamdiosang: 8:19am On Apr 03, 2021
Good day all. For those headed to Québec, you don't need to physically courier your documents when applying for CAQ. Save that courier fee. You can do online submission via the Arima platform. The procedure for that is written on the CAQ application form.
Arima website is in French so you Google Chrome to access it, that way u can use chrome's translator to get the entire page to English.
Again the admission letter to use for CAQ application is the one that bears the program's start and end date, program type(full/part-time) and cost estimate.
The whole process from application to CAQ issuance took about 4 weeks.
Goodluck to y'ull.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ozone00001(m): 8:26am On Apr 03, 2021
Nnamdiosang:
CAQ just dropped.

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 8:33am On Apr 03, 2021
Nnamdiosang:
Good day all. CAQ just dropped. Unto the next one.
what's caq??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 8:41am On Apr 03, 2021
Pee2Jay9:
Patience isn't one of my virtues so I struggled with this process but I thank God it worked out eventually.

1st Application: Visit visa refused in 2018
Study permit application - 10th July 2020
GCMS notes - 21st September, stating absolute rubbish that didn't tally with my submissions, I'm self sponsored but they said I'll deplete family savings plus other crap they wrote. I started sending plenty webforms and emails, requesting that my application be reviewed as the assessment on the notes were very wrong, all to no avail
Official refusal - October 2nd 2020. Reasons stated for me - family ties, personal assets, purpose of visit including travel history, lolz.

2nd Application - 16th October 2020
Upfront medical - 30th November 2020

NSE request for only ielts - 1st December. I replied next day telling them that I can't write cos I'm unavailable. Then I merged my LOE as to why I can't write + my medical sheet + tuition receipt of $2,500 to UoR and submitted in the column provided for NSE. I first used UoM LOA to apply but later adviced them to continue processing with UoR LOA since the previous admission was valid for only the winter term, no deferral. I haven't read of anyone doing this for an ongoing application and was strongly advised against doing it but I sent it anyway.

Medicals passed - 16th of December 2020.
17th March 2021 - IRCC finally replied one of my several emails (that processing has exceeded standard time) asking for ielts again. I had to promised them that I'll go and write it and send the upper week.
IELTS exam - 27th March 2021 but then, I didn't know that
BVL & PPR had dropped on 26th of March 2021
UPS 2-way courier to Abuja - 29th March 2021
Passport returned to me - April 2021

Documents submitted for both applications:
All IMM forms
In the Admission section, i uploaded:
Admission letter, Correspondence with school and application receipts
BEng certificate and transcript
Certifications - COREN, NSE, IPMP, NYSC

In the passport section, i uploaded:
International passport with visas to Singapore, UAE and Ghana
Birth Certificate and LGA certificate
Biometrics documents

Proof of funds section, I uploaded:
myBank statement ticket, amount to tally with a table I created to show all funds required for the duration of my study
My several Investments and pension accounts showing that the funds for my studies is only a percentage of my networth, all to prove assets and economic ties.
Employer's Letter of introduction
Payslips
Tax Certificates
Business agreements and Investment Certificates - I think some of these were unnecessary especially the FX investments.

Client info section, I uploaded: Table of content for documents , followed by LOE
Age declaration documents for parents
Birth certificates for siblings
An inauguration brochure for my dad as ICAN chairman, that had pictures of my family members as professionals in different fields
My personal land deed, survey and receipts
Proof of car ownership, explained as assets
Updated CV, Work ID card
Congratulatory emails and awards from work, some had pictures from expatriate supervisors, an award from global Manager
Employment history - all my promotion documents and offers from past and present

In summary, what I did differently was to only subtly rebut the previous reasons with same documents used for the first time (even the myBank statement was the old one I reused with no money in my UBA account sef, but I got a letter from Stanbic asset managers attesting my finances, and submitted SOA from 2016). I also paid $2,500 as part of my tuition, just to show commitment of some sort.

The Letter I wrote for the second application was termed LETTER OF RECONSIDERATION, telling the VO to refer to their error in the previous application and that I meet their requirements. I showed my POF budgeted as $50k (a % of my total) to cover the entire 2 years of my study - $15k tuition, $25k for living expenses & $10k flights and miscellaneous, as I'll be self sponsored.
Home ties were parents, siblings and friends, Stanbic asset management Investment letter, UK-DION investment certificate to be receiving monthly ROI to cater for unseen events while studying (all to show that I'm not going there to work), Pension, Landed property & Car.
I studied Chemical Eng. and going for MSc. in Industrial as a progression in my career.

The gist:
When the GCMS notes came in that first time, I feel into depression cos I couldn't fathom how poorly my application was assessed but I found strength, after many hard days, to maintain my faith, holding unto the fact that God won't leave me half-way. I reached out to plenty lawyers to just go straight to JR cos up till now, I don't understand what went wrong with that first application, considering that I had studied this thread from part 13 and know what was obtainable. I wrote my LOE using every refusal reason as subheadings and addressing each as it applies to me, but then... I learned some lessons - so much is outside my control, God is faithful so I should depend solely on Him than trust my own understanding, In such cases, sound more sympathetic than professional.

Upon seeking JR approach, one lawyer just advised me to reapply first and we'll take it up after the second time. Now, God perfected it. To all hopefuls, God doesn't put to shame those that put their trust in Him. I literally gave up plenty times and even stopped going to church, but His mercy and reckless love won't just give up on me. I even prefer traveling now than that December I had wanted, God's time is really the best and I thank Him for how it turned out.

Thanks to everyone that replied my enquiries and emails, I really appreciate y'all. I've made great friends from this forum, It's really overwhelming and I'm grateful to y'all.
Congrats and shout out to Lekiboboe (my amazing and selfless paddy that have always been just a chat away) and NairaLuck (my first application set-mate that it happened for before me, I'm happy it ended in praise for us all), IRCC made me weak to even type here again. Thanks to Frank (u literally had to stand by for my unending emails) and Dommakaveli - this 2 argued one time on one enquiry I raised, lolz, all follow o. Shout out to my UoR crew. I thank u all so much for believing in my application and wishing me success. God will always show you favor. Ehem, Brace up, landing gist to follow�

Dear Princess, thank you for taking the time to share your success story and invaluable experience for the benefit of others. I am glad to have been a part of your process of immigrating to Canada and wish you nothing but success!

It will end in praise

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Thaiy(m): 8:50am On Apr 03, 2021
jizzle01:
PPR dropped today!!!

Here’s my timeline...

Submitted SP Application : January 31st 2021
BIL : February, 1st 2021
Biometrics done & updated: February, 2nd 2021
NSE Request & Submission : February, 18 2021
Medical Request: March, 10th 2021
Medicals done: March 24th 2021
Medicals passed & updated: March 26th 2021
BVL & Original Passport Request: March, 31st 2021
Submitted passport via DHL to VFS, Abuja: March 31st 2021

To those waiting on their PPR, keep your hope alive - it will drop!

It has ended in praise!!!

Congratulations.... It has ended in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ayomide97: 8:55am On Apr 03, 2021
Hello Everyone
Happy Easter!

Please has anyone travelled to Canada with Ethiopian Airlines recently. My trip is on Wednesday and I want to be sure I have all the required documentation. I am trying to avoid any delays.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Thaiy(m): 8:57am On Apr 03, 2021
emmy4Gold:
Good evening my people, please can one pay online visa application fee with a regular GTB master card. This is for re-application.

Good Morning, please for those who have applied for study permit online. How did you go about paying... Please kindly reply?

Get someone with a dollar account to help pay for you. Then try to get one opened for yourself.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Thaiy(m): 9:07am On Apr 03, 2021
skull4eva:

@awys please what kind of card shud i request for? I already opened a dorm account but no card yet

Dollar card.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teenie19(f): 9:25am On Apr 03, 2021
skull4eva:

only be period you submitted but mind you alot of people here on nairaland had a different experience in that their account statement was tagged fraudulent and they were requested to reprint again after the initial one months ago so it is advisable you leave the money used as POF till you get your PPR and VISA to be on a safe side

Thank you so much!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 9:25am On Apr 03, 2021
collykay:
Hello gurus in the house!

Please a friend have been trying to make a deposit payment of $2650CDN to Centennial College to secure his seat but to no avail and the deadline is April 6th(No Dom account)

Your advice on how to go about this will be highly appreciated.

Thank you!

It will be extremely difficult to complete this transaction from Nigeria, given that you don't have a domicilary account and the limited time for Nigerian bank to process the payment through Form A. Accordingly, I will urge you to transfer the equivalent to a trusted fellow abroad to help you with the tuition payment.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 9:34am On Apr 03, 2021
Frankko2003:

Bro that’s true! But my Brothers 18 and I’m 17. With very limited info! I spend hours here on nairaland and all I’ve learnt so far is from here! I’m thinking of applying for an undergraduate course but just want my brother to go through first since our elder sister would be our sponsor! If he’s works then I’ll apply myself, just haven’t found a Uni less expensive and with less stressful route other than uofmanitoba! What do you guys think? Any ideas? I’d appreciate. The gurus and y’all.
Thanks Guys ��

Hello,
You can do just what you've said.

I'm sure you'll get a list of cheaper schools soon from some of the gurus.

It will end in Praises.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ketima: 9:37am On Apr 03, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

It will be extremely difficult to complete this transaction from Nigeria, given that you don't have a domicilary account and the limited time for Nigerian bank to process the payment through Form A. Accordingly, I will urge you to transfer the equivalent to a trusted fellow abroad to help you with the tuition payment.

It will end in praise

Please sir, my bank is telling me it might take up to a month and I don't have such. Now my question is, must the tuition fee be paid from account that you will use for SOA or can I transfer it to another account of mine with lesser time frame and pay from there?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 9:38am On Apr 03, 2021
Teeteejii:
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to find out if anyone has successfully dealt with a 5 year ban. How they addressed it and the process they took?

The 5 year ban was as a result of misrepresentation.

Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you.

Getting a 5-year ban is not a capital punishment as the decision can be overturned by an experienced immigration attorney in Canada through the Judicial Review Process at the Federal Court of Canada. Although, an applicant has sixty (60) days window to fight through the JR process on the basis that the application was processed and a decision made outside of Canada. As a consequence, should it exceeds this stipulated period of time, you have no other option but to serve the 5-year ban.

I hope this information satisfies your inquiry.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 9:40am On Apr 03, 2021
Ketima:

Please sir, my bank is telling me it might take up to a month and I don't have such. Now my question is, must the tuition fee be paid from account that you will use for SOA or can I transfer it to another account of mine with lesser time frame and pay from there?

It doesn't matter where and how the tuition payment was made. You can transfer the money to another account of yours or someone else to help you with the transaction.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 9:51am On Apr 03, 2021
ooa1st:
Thanks again boss.

I already applied for my own MBS and I got the code 2 weeks ago. Why I really don't feel upbeat about submitting it is because I only started building the account around August which is 8 months now & I have transactions in 7 digits all through these 8 months. As we all know MBS carries 12 months banking history, I am skeptical about the prior 4 months with very few transaction. Hope the VO won't consider the irregularities or sudden change in turnover?

But for my sponsor... No issues whatsoever.

So you suggest I do both or just his alone

Thanks

I don't believe you should have any problem with your MyBank Statement Certificate. The eight months steady inflow and outflow of money is more than sufficient to prove to the visa officer that you're the bonafide owner of the funds in the account. In light of the fact that your bank account carries 7 digits all through these 8 months, its important you also include yours while responding to the NSE request.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ketima: 9:52am On Apr 03, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

It doesn't matter where and how the tuition payment was made. You can transfer the money to another account of yours or someone else to help you with the transaction.

It will end in praise

Thanks so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mobbwc: 9:53am On Apr 03, 2021
Hello house,

I am sorry for the quite unrelated post/question, I was unable to get a quick answer on the IELTS room.

I wish to take the IELTS exam in Lagos, I heard some centers do not give headsets for Listening but instead play the Listening test with a loudspeaker.

I will be happy if anyone who wrote with IDP/MOD (Not British Council) tells me what center they wrote and were given a headset. I am considering writing at the UNILAG center, So if anyone wrote there please advise otherwise let me know alternatives.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 10:08am On Apr 03, 2021
Lifeis247:
Hello All,

Greetings,

I am trying to pay for the NBCC acceptance fee of CAD 500 on the school portal but it seems MasterCard is not accepted. Payment is declined.
Please anyone with similar experience? how do I make this payment?

Kindly assist with suggestions.

It is almost impossible to carry out international transactions using Naira Master Card due to the current dollar restrictions. Your best bet is to get a domicilary card to complete the transaction or a trusted fellow resident abroad.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 10:16am On Apr 03, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

It will end in praise

I have always wanted to say this. Bro, you go teach me English ooo. You are too fluent!

How you take do am gan?

Kudos!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 10:16am On Apr 03, 2021
RoyalDukeDon:
Thanks We're preparing to do a gift deed ,hope it helps ?
Do I still need to present his bank statement if he gifts full tuition for a year and living expenses ?
Do I present mybankstatement or Normal six months bank history ?

Good to know you're taking strategic steps towards addressing the concerns raised by the visa officer. It is highly advisable that you should include his bank statement to demonstrate the provenance of such funds. A duly signed and notarized deed of gift by both parties must be prepared by a licensed solicitor/lawyer in Nigeria. Regardless that its a deed of gift, you need to present both the regular bank statement and the MyBank statement Certificate in your application.

It will end in praise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 10:18am On Apr 03, 2021
Application was submitted on 11th March
Biometrics invitation letter on 12th March
Biometrics done on 15th March
NSE Request on 25th March
NSE completed on 25th March
Eligibility review started on the 29th March

I am patiently waiting. I pray it will end in praise.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Residentourist: 10:21am On Apr 03, 2021
mobbwc:
Hello house,

I am sorry for the quite unrelated post/question, I was unable to get a quick answer on the IELTS room.

I wish to take the IELTS exam in Lagos, I heard some centers do not give headsets for Listening but instead play the Listening test with a loudspeaker.

I will be happy if anyone who wrote with IDP/MOD (Not British Council) tells me what center they wrote and were given a headset. I am considering writing at the UNILAG center, So if anyone wrote there please advise otherwise let me know alternatives.

Thank you

Good morning,
I wrote 2weeks ago with British Council and my centre was in Alfred Rewane in Ikoyi. Process was well organised and headsets were provided.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 10:21am On Apr 03, 2021
mobbwc:
Hello house,

Thank you

How about taking the CBT instead?

If you are very good at typing, this should favor you.

I scored much higher with the CBT than pencil-on-paper

You will also have access to headphone
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 10:23am On Apr 03, 2021
Spectro:

I have always wanted to say this. Bro, you go teach me English ooo. You are too fluent!

How you take do am gan?

Kudos!

Thank you for the compliments brother. I keep improving on my communication skills and experiences on a day-to-day basis. You're at liberty to learn and make the most of it.

It will end in praise

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) ... (736)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.