Stats: 3,171,670 members, 7,882,266 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 08:20 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (479) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (911679 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ayoslas88: 6:23am On Apr 05, 2021
Pls how can I book for medical at IOM, I can’t find it on their website....

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by SonofEguasa: 6:51am On Apr 05, 2021
Another Ghost Update... This is honestly getting tiring.

BABA GOD dey Sha.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 7:07am On Apr 05, 2021
ayoslas88:
Pls how can I book for medical at IOM, I can’t find it on their website....
How to book for Medicals at IOM, Ikeja, Lagos or Abuja
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/261#93191277

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Admin9: 7:41am On Apr 05, 2021
SonofEguasa:
Another Ghost Update... This is honestly getting tiring.

BABA GOD dey Sha.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by prospectiveapp: 7:44am On Apr 05, 2021
Amen.

It would end in praises for us all
Teenie19:
Welcome to a new week!

Let's pray for abundance of PPR! smiley

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mankind5050(m): 8:02am On Apr 05, 2021
It takes about 3 month.
There may be no contact with u since u already submitted NSE requirements.
elizyous:
Today is 2 months since I submitted my study visa application with all NSE requirements.

Jesus please show mercy.�

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mobi22: 8:26am On Apr 05, 2021
mankind5050:
It takes about 3 month.
There may be no contact with u since u already submitted NSE requirements.

Chai
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 8:29am On Apr 05, 2021
ucystan:
Please i am interested in this Loan option, and i already know a foreign body that can loan me if i am able to get an admission in one of their selected schools, but what worries me is if i will be granted a Study permit on a loan, won't this be like a red flag already?

Are there other supporting documents i will need to submit to convince the VO that i will and can pay?

If you dont mind, i sent you an email. Pls
Thank u

I already replied you.

Accessing loans shows commitment and serves as a home-tie since it is mandatory to pay back.

It is actually a plus when it comes to processing visa.

The only downside is having to pay back much more than you accessed... But well, that is the nature of business and lenders must gain.

Attach your loan document(s) and show a clear career path to demonstrate your potential ability to pay back the loan over time.

It will end in praise.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by porchy(m): 8:36am On Apr 05, 2021
Good Morning Fam
I have decided to take Ielts exams so I can apply through NSE route, I will like if someone could help me with some materials to prepare for the exam
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ucystan(f): 8:43am On Apr 05, 2021
Ok, thanks. Just seeing this. Thanks for ur selfless act of patience and answering questions

Spectro:

I already replied you.

Accessing loans shows commitment and serves as a home-tie since it is mandatory to pay back.

The only downside is having to pay back much more than you accessed... But well, that is the nature of business and lenders must gain.

Attach your loan document(s) and show a clear career path to demonstrate your potential ability to pay back the loan over time.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by skull4eva: 9:02am On Apr 05, 2021
ayoslas88:
PLS IS IT COMPULSORY I MAKE PAYMENT IMMEDIATELY AM BOOKING FOR MEDICAL AT QLIFE OR I CAN PAY ANYTIME BEFORE THE BOOKING DATE.
u can pay through ur card at the medical centre on the day of the medical
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ooa1st: 9:16am On Apr 05, 2021
Hi,

Kindly use IOS or Playstore to download

LIZ IELTS
BUDDY IELTS
PREP
IELTS PRACTICE
GOODLUCK IELTS.

All these should help, mostly prep and Liz

porchy:
Good Morning Fam
I have decided to take Ielts exams so I can apply through NSE route, I will like if someone could help me with some materials to prepare for the exam

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by emmalextemtop: 9:28am On Apr 05, 2021
RELAN2446:

That is the way it is, same thing happens when i want to pay for my fee, i think it correspond with the aboki rate or so. Not the google rate.

What is aboki rate please?

And it something i cam calculate myself which will be 2.9m and not 4m.

Please why is it like this? I initially thought the whole school fee was actually big like that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by emmalextemtop: 9:28am On Apr 05, 2021
Hello!

Please for Algonquin College applicants/students, as an international student paying tuition fee through flywire portal, do they add additional charges or currency?

Because, $9,700CAD under IRCC exchange rate on google shows it is 2.9million naira while flywire portal shows it is 4m.

Please, does anyone has an idea of this why it is so, does the portal for paying our tuition fee normally adds charges or whatever...

Mind you, flywire is a site for international students to pay tuition fee.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Molly90(f): 9:37am On Apr 05, 2021
I wrote mine at Covenant University Ota. IDP/MOD and we were given headset.

mobbwc:
Hello house,

I am sorry for the quite unrelated post/question, I was unable to get a quick answer on the IELTS room.

I wish to take the IELTS exam in Lagos, I heard some centers do not give headsets for Listening but instead play the Listening test with a loudspeaker.

I will be happy if anyone who wrote with IDP/MOD (Not British Council) tells me what center they wrote and were given a headset. I am considering writing at the UNILAG center, So if anyone wrote there please advise otherwise let me know alternatives.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ToluDstar: 9:42am On Apr 05, 2021
I don’t know what’s happening o, but na today I dey receive my PPR seh!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by SweetJJ: 9:45am On Apr 05, 2021
Yes o. I am here. I have gotten admission about to start my study permit application
Jayrealest:
I did, mine is against fall 2021

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 10:12am On Apr 05, 2021
Ade2303:
Please who knows schools with high acceptance rate and low tuition fee that can accept second class lower for a masters in physics and electronics in Canada?

Asking for someone, please do reply ASAP
Hi,

Honorable Spectro has given you a well-detailed response.

In addition,

2.1 is the minimum requirement to apply for a Masters in Canada, the chances of your friend securing a Masters Admission in Canada with a 2.2 is slim.

With a 2.2, your friend's best shot is to apply to a College for a Post Graduate Certificate (PG. Cert) in a Physics & Electronics related program

E.g

- Mechatronics
- Electronics and Embedded Systems
Development
- Embedded Systems Development
- Applied Electrical Motion and Control
Management
- Applied Energy Management

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by porchy(m): 10:18am On Apr 05, 2021
ooa1st:
Hi,

Kindly use IOS or Playstore to download

LIZ IELTS
BUDDY IELTS
PREP
IELTS PRACTICE
GOODLUCK IELTS.

All these should help, mostly prep and Liz

Thanks Buddy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by guyjones1(m): 10:33am On Apr 05, 2021
ooa1st:
To answer your enquires

1, the English test isn't compelled, however, it might do your application some favour if you have it, as it is a prerequisite for NSE which helps to fast track application (according to IRCC, but many NSE qualified applicant have been waiting for months without verdict on their application)

Type of English test could be either I.e Academic or General test

2, BVL means Biometric Validation Letter, while NSE means Nigerian Study Express Program ( NSE explained above)

pls I will like to know if I can submit Ielt General to the visa office, although I'm applying as a student.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mobi22: 10:38am On Apr 05, 2021
guyjones1:

pls I will like to know if I can submit Ielt General to the visa office, although I'm applying as a student.

Yes please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 10:58am On Apr 05, 2021
emmalextemtop:
Hello!

Please for Algonquin College applicants/students, as an international student paying tuition fee through flywire portal, do they add additional charges or currency?

Because, $9,700CAD under IRCC exchange rate on google shows it is 2.9million naira while flywire portal shows it is 4m.

Please, does anyone has an idea of this why it is so, does the portal for paying our tuition fee normally adds charges or whatever...

Mind you, flywire is a site for international students to pay tuition fee.

You can pay via flywire if you are paying using a foreign ATM card. The naija card won't work..

Flywire is super expensive, more expensive than black market and bank and with so much transfer charges

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RelaxingEnd: 11:00am On Apr 05, 2021
Teepearls:
Hi everyone,
Is there anyone here who's got admission to or already studying at PACE (University of Winnipeg)(PGD Supply Chain Management). I'll like to connect with you for some questions and guidelines please. Thanks.

Hi, I'm planning to apply to this same school and course. I'm just waiting for my school's transcript.

Please, were you asked to pay part of the fees before acceptance? And did you send you transcript by email or physically by courier services?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Vicrown(m): 11:10am On Apr 05, 2021
50+ Research Funding in Canada (MSc & PhD)

Take advantage of these numerous funded research opportunities in Canada with attractive funding packages

Watch video on how to apply:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxI5fTtRQrI

(links to scholarships in description box of the YouTube video)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by emmalextemtop: 11:18am On Apr 05, 2021
Do flywire charges tax rates while paying for international tuition fee?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 11:19am On Apr 05, 2021
Spectro:

I already replied you.

It will end in praise.

I doubt the bolded...

One of the many angles Visa officers process applications is based on your financial strength to cater for your tuition and living expenses. A visa officer citing that an applicant acquired a loan to pusure a study in canada is a VERY BIG RED FLAG. One of the many denial reasons are Financial reasons and Purpose of visit.

I also dont believe a loan can serve as a hometie. A loan is enough to show the visa officer you are not financially bouyant enough to undertake this canada study journey(financial reasons) therefore no reason to why you wish to undertake such expense to come to Canada (Purpose of visit).

Besides to pay back a loan while in canada is enough to deny you. How can you be struggling to meet your needs in canada and also meeting up with financial obligations to payback a loan.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 11:21am On Apr 05, 2021
emmalextemtop:
Do flywire charges tax rates while paying for international tuition fee?

Flywire dont show the items that cumulates to the total amount but I believe taxes or other items are hidden but can't be visible to you.

Finally if you wish to pay the tuition fee, I sell cad and also help to pay. No transfer charges attached

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Maygirl953: 12:10pm On Apr 05, 2021
Amen, expecting mine
prospectiveapp:
Amen.

It would end in praises for us all

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teepearls(f): 12:14pm On Apr 05, 2021
No, I only attached all my documents to my application. I'm asked to apply fory Study visa before I can proceed to make payments to secure to seat.

RelaxingEnd:

Hi, I'm planning to apply to this same school and course. I'm just waiting for my school's transcript.

Please, were you asked to pay part of the fees before acceptance? And did you send you transcript by email or physically by courier services?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mobi22: 12:16pm On Apr 05, 2021
Unpopular opinion
I know we all want to help but
Please when a question is being thrown at the “gurus” here
if you’re not experienced ,don’t be giving others wrong information or advice abeg

Me I no be guru oh but I day try answer the one I know if you see the way some kind people day take answer question ehh Omo

It would surely end in praise.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ade2303: 12:26pm On Apr 05, 2021
[quote author=Spectro post=100486793]

Thanks so much for the informations

It will end in praise

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 12:26pm On Apr 05, 2021
Anon123:

I doubt the bolded...

One of the many angles Visa officers process applications is based on your financial strength to cater for your tuition and living expenses. A visa officer citing that an applicant acquired a loan to pusure a study in canada is a VERY BIG RED FLAG. One of the many denial reasons are Financial reasons and Purpose of visit.

I also dont believe a loan can serve as a hometie. A loan is enough to show the visa officer you are not financially bouyant enough to undertake this canada study journey(financial reasons) therefore no reason to why you wish to undertake such expense to come to Canada (Purpose of visit).

Besides to pay back a loan while in canada is enough to deny you. How can you be struggling to meet your needs in canada and also meeting up with financial obligations to payback a loan.

People have accessed loans and gained visa approvals. A lot of people. So then there's that.

Everything boils down to your SOP. If people have been able to access loans and got visa approval, then I don't see why another person cannot.

What's most important is having the money for living expense and letting loans take care of tuition and other academic-related expenses.

It will end in praise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) ... (736)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)